Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Lemonpieman posted:

Should I get the community patch? I didn't see it on the OP but I saw it on the nexus and I remember needing one in oblivion.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38326

No, you really shouldn't. In fact, the patch hasn't been updated in almost three months. A lot of the fixes are redundant (especially after the OWB patch released today) and a lot more would break things that Obsidian has fixed since April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Question on damage scaling:

Since damage dropoff is impossible to pull off in this engine, I'm wondering if those using the Armory's vanilla settings would mind a marked difference in damage between battle rifles and sniper rifles that use the same medium rifle rounds. The DPS of Armory weapons is typically high, but some of the weapons we have that I'm trying to fit into lower weapon tiers (such as the FN FAL and the new G3A4) have extremely high DPS that pretty much causes the player or NPC wielding it to dominate. Since nobody liked the extremely bad weapon spread in 1.5, I decided that putting the damage down a large amount (25%) would probably fare better.

Would anyone mind having .308/medium caliber battle rifle weapons with substantially lower damage? This is purely a game balance question and the realism setting won't really adhere to this.

Small rifle damage - nominally 22
(Battle) Medium rifle damage - nominally 32, down from nominally 40
(Sniper) Medium rifle damage - nominally 48

While I don't use the medium ammo guns too often, I'm fully in favor of lowering damage across the board. At the very least, I think the .50mg rifles really need to be revisited. If the DPS on the one I picked up yesterday was correct (Barrett .50) I could probably one shot the Legate from a sneaking position. (Too bad I uninstalled UHNV, because it would let you spawn Legendary Deathclaws on demand after you finished the hunting simulator, which would be pretty useful for damage testing.)

Related to the above, is there a mod (besides PN) that lowers the dismemberment chance? I cycled through PN's options, but it wouldn't let me go lower than 45%. A head (or body) shot from my old rifle (The American Marksman I think?) would turn any opponent into kibble almost 3/4 of the time.

To be absolutely fair, my character is also level 45, and has enough perks to become the closest thing to a demigod in the Fallout-verse. I really should probably retire the character.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No, you really shouldn't. In fact, the patch hasn't been updated in almost three months. A lot of the fixes are redundant (especially after the OWB patch released today) and a lot more would break things that Obsidian has fixed since April.

Probably a good idea to add a warning in the OP just in case.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
NVSE updated to 2B7, and it invalidates the hotfix needed for Project Nevada.

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Go into your fallout_prefs.ini and search for "ipresentinterval". Set it to equal 0 and see if that resolves the floaty menu cursor.

Thanks, this fixed it!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Man that DOF mod sucks balls.

The game runs great without the dll file now, but to use it you need the dll file and it helps to make the game run like poo poo.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Does anyone know of a HUD replacement that works with Project Nevada? It's really bad after playing with DarnUI on since the game came out.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Elliotw2 posted:

Does anyone know of a HUD replacement that works with Project Nevada? It's really bad after playing with DarnUI on since the game came out.

DarN works with PN.

Also for your all of your UI needs, check out the Unified HUD Project.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Unified HUD Project never worked for me.

I just installed DarnUI first, then a few weeks later, Project Nevada. No trouble here.

edit:
vvvvvvvvvvv
The better shaders part is alright, but the dynamic depth of field mods try to adapt the blur effect depending on where you're looking. That part was utterly obnoxious to me, vision doesn't work that way.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Man that DOF mod sucks balls.

The game runs great without the dll file now, but to use it you need the dll file and it helps to make the game run like poo poo.

The enhanced shaders one? It's pretty intensive. I think it makes poo poo look nice, though.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Retrograde posted:

Mine seemed to be working until i went to sprint (shift on my config), crash to desktop. Bullet time worked though, can you try sprinting in your game and see if that crashes it?

Just fyi while running NVSE 2b7 and PN I can sprint, use bullet time etc with the new patch just fine.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vertigus posted:

This is so loving funny I'm tempted to make it my avatar.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 7, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
He looks like he REALLY needs to pee.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Coughing Hobo posted:

DarN works with PN.

Also for your all of your UI needs, check out the Unified HUD Project.

I have tried Darn and PN in various fashions, and either Darn works, or PN works, not both.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Elliotw2 posted:

I have tried Darn and PN in various fashions, and either Darn works, or PN works, not both.

Well, when my game decides to run, both Darn and PN work. The order I installed in was Darn -> PN -> Unified HUD if that helps in any way.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 7, 2011

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Coughing Hobo posted:

NVSE updated to 2B7, and it invalidates the hotfix needed for Project Nevada.

Fixed my sprinting crash!

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Safety Hammer worked his magic again on my .50 BMG break action pistol.

This is the fully modded version, of course. The compensator/laser/hydraulic recoil system are the three mods. Now to get it animated and look into making a custom muzzleflash for it even though I've never made one before :stare:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's beautiful... :flashfap:

Finally, I can tote around a full range of .50 BMG weaponry. Shame a .50 minigun is out of the question.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Naky posted:

Oh. My. :hawaaaafap:

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Moldy Meatball posted:

It's beautiful... :flashfap:

Finally, I can tote around a full range of .50 BMG weaponry. Shame a .50 minigun is out of the question.

Funny you should mention that, there's gonna be one in OWB from what I heard.

I've seen one of those monsters in game and they don't look as bad as that screenshot. It looks really awful in the screenshot for some reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Retrograde posted:

Fixed my sprinting crash!

Same here. Starting to think it's not Electro City that causing the missing title cards, but the "Fallout 3 to New Vegas" mod not being completed installed right, since at the time the data folder was empty due to purging of all mods, including the parts of the game I shouldn't had removed.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Moldy Meatball posted:

Shame a .50 minigun is out of the question.

An M2 built onto a wooden shoulder frame that you fire like the missile launcher would be pretty boss. It would feed directly from your bandoleer. Potential weapon mods? An M2 on your other shoulder. Your whole torso covered in a weird wood and strap harness that gives no DT and looks like grandpa's woodshed was told to make a mech suit.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 7, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Started a new game with the patch. I forgot just how fun it is to play friendly with the Powder Gangers, and then stab every single one of them in the back.

One well-placed shot on those two sticks of dynamite at Chavez's camp is easier than it sounds...

That takes care of the guards.

Chavez had a broken leg and about 10 HP left, so I slowly chased him around the desert for five or six minutes.

Then I ate him.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 7, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
NVSE has been updated to 2b8 to work with the new GECK 1.4. Also alleviates crashing caused by invalid form lists from mods that haven't been updated to the new form lists for the new patch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Actually thinking Electro-City isn't the reason I still have the pink screens, I think something happened when I used the mod to merge Fallout 3 and New Vegas that has some "blank" spots in it.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
As expected, the new patch broke Stutter Remover. Running the game without it feels weird now. It's a good thing Steam has a crazy Summer sale going on right now, because it looks like I won't be playing much NV until it gets fixed. I just hope it's in time for Old World Blues. According to the Fallout wiki, the last patch came out on 4/25 and Stutter Remover was updated 2 days later to work with it, so if all goes well it should be working right relatively soon.

Probably a stupid question: will there be another patch with OWB?

Horns fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 7, 2011

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Horns posted:

As expected, the new patch broke Stutter Remover. Running the game without it feels weird now.

Here's my stutter remover that works regardless of patch and version. :science:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Naky posted:

This is the fully modded version, of course. The compensator/laser/hydraulic recoil system are the three mods. Now to get it animated and look into making a custom muzzleflash for it even though I've never made one before :stare:

Nice.

Is there any possibility of a .50 BMG carbine? Something about the same size but with a butt rather than a pistol grip?
Just aesthetically it seems to me that if you're using something the size of a carbine it should be shaped like one.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SourceElement posted:

While I don't use the medium ammo guns too often, I'm fully in favor of lowering damage across the board. At the very least, I think the .50mg rifles really need to be revisited. If the DPS on the one I picked up yesterday was correct (Barrett .50) I could probably one shot the Legate from a sneaking position. (Too bad I uninstalled UHNV, because it would let you spawn Legendary Deathclaws on demand after you finished the hunting simulator, which would be pretty useful for damage testing.)
Yeah like you couldn't do that already with the .50 weapon already in the game

It's a question of a caliber type I'm trying to make more plentiful, not of a weapon you'd rarely find except at the end of the game.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd love for there to be a unique Brush Gun that was a .50 cal, ala a Sharps 1873.

Actually I just want a Sharps 1874 in the game somewhere.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

Elliotw2 posted:

I had issues with both playing nice at first too. When copying the DarnUI stuff over, I was prompted about overwriting some files. If I chose yes, it broke stuff, forcing me to reinstall PN. If I chose no, then both worked flawlessly. Maybe give that a shot?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

The Lone Badger posted:

Nice.

Is there any possibility of a .50 BMG carbine? Something about the same size but with a butt rather than a pistol grip?
Just aesthetically it seems to me that if you're using something the size of a carbine it should be shaped like one.

It's actually not carbine sized. It looks massive but it's only about two inches longer than the PPC. I guess I could make a carbine too but the only reason I made a .50BMG pistol was the intriguing concept of one that was already made so we decided to make one for Fallout's universe and also just for fun.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Naky - do the shotguns in The Armory match up properly with the Shotgun Surgeon and Get Back perks?

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Kaptain K posted:

Naky - do the shotguns in The Armory match up properly with the Shotgun Surgeon and Get Back perks?

I don't know if they all do but I have definitely knocked idiot raiders on their rear end with the Mossberg 590a Naky has in his pack, and those two perks were the source of some conflicts I tried to resolve between the Armory and A World of Pain back when I was still caring about that.

So I think most, if not all the shotguns are on those perk lists.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Omnicarus posted:

I'd love for there to be a unique Brush Gun that was a .50 cal, ala a Sharps 1873.

Actually I just want a Sharps 1874 in the game somewhere.

Seconding this. Sexy little Brush Gun :pcgaming:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Horns posted:

I don't even want to imagine what a Nexus emote would look like. How do you condense everything that's awful and amazing about Nexus down to just one tiny 90x25 pixel icon?

Easy, an emoticon of a turd would do it.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
With a bikini on it.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

-Troika- posted:

Easy, an emoticon of a turd would do it.

Furry Pip-boy.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Where's that screenshot of the guy's furry superhero behind his custom Joshua Graham skin mod? That thing should be the mascot of Nexus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Kaptain K posted:

I don't know about the get back perk but I would imagine it draws from the same list as the shotgun surgeon list. If it does then yes they should all be on the list. If you find any guns not on a perk list report it so I can fix it.