Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I just turned it on.

What did he say about Casey Anthony? Did he call her a broad?

said she was "grotesque". oh artie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

All that could make this better is if ETM calls in.

"Ar-tie...what about...my....comedy..."

"Hey, Eric, go gently caress yourself."

That would be epic onto itself.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Great to see Artie taking another stab at radio :unsmith: .

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

:unsmith:

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
Art looks and sounds great.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Ribsauce posted:

Please PLEASE say someone recorded this!

I'm doing it, I'll put it up right away.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Yeah I've been listening to shows from 2005 (leading up to sirius) and it's making me miss the hell out of Artie. Howard's probably too hardheaded to admit that the show's suffering from his absence and have him back, though.

e: grammar

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 7, 2011

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Could Mutt fix SFN already, jesus.

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

Just switched to the online stream. Artie is loving awesome. Him and Nick have great chemistry. Give him a mil a year to host a weekly program!

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Master Kush posted:

Just switched to the online stream. Artie is loving awesome. Him and Nick have great chemistry. Give him ONE MILLION GRAAAAAND a year to host a weekly program!

Much as I love Artie it seems like I may have missed all the non-sports stuff, and I am so not a sports guy it's tough for me to hang in.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
I hope Howard says more than "It's great to see Artie getting back out there... so, anyway I playing with my calendar today..." when/if he addresses this. Terrible time for a vacation week.

Artie sounds fantastic.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Birthday Cake posted:

I hope Howard says more than "It's great to see Artie getting back out there... so, anyway I playing with my calendar today..." when/if he addresses this. Terrible time for a vacation week.

I PROMISE almost exactly this will happen.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
My money is on a call on the wrap-up show and no mention of it on the regular show

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

sedative posted:

My money is on a call on the wrap-up show and no mention of it on the regular show

No I'll bet some caller will mention it on The Show and Howard will say "JD what page is that on" and he'll play a few seconds of it (he hates sports), mention how good he sounds, and that "listen, I was freaked out by what Artie did, I just want him to get well and I wish him the best, you know..." and THEN talk about his calendar

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I wonder what the Mad Doctor thinks will happen.

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

Re listening to the show, and I am dying of laughter from the Casey Anthony stuff. ARTIE PLEASE COME BACK.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Here's the full show, no commercials:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvhee3iyzgani9e

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Let's be honest Howard will probably not even talk about it. Remember how long it took for him to say anything about Artie? If anything it will be like everyone else has said a quick mention and say how he is glad he is doing better.

Honestly I think Howard is bitter about everything and the reason why the chair is empty now, perhaps for good is because in his wacked out mind the last two people whom have sat in it has screwed him over.

Honestly there are a million people who would love to be in that room and who would do a great job. Howard I think has mentally checked out of the job at this point. I think he is perfectly fine with fading away. I can't even force myself to listen to new shows anymore it is just painful and boring to listen to. I just listen to stuff from the heyday 93-96 and still laugh just as hard.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Djarum posted:

Let's be honest Howard will probably not even talk about it. Remember how long it took for him to say anything about Artie?
"Well I didn't really want to talk about this, but the media printed a story about it, so"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The entire first page of the Howard Stern SFN page is about Artie.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

The entire first page of the Howard Stern SFN page is about Artie.

I always wanted to write him a letter about how awesome he made everyday being on the radio and how sad I felt when he tried to kill himself.

I guess I'll be out of college and a jobless piece of poo poo in debt when the show finally goes.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Daryl DBD posted:

Thanks!

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Daryl DBD posted:

gently caress yea! Thanks.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Daryl DBD posted:

Thanks so much, man.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I wonder what the Mad Doctor thinks will happen.

Hopefully it means Artie getting his own radio show while continuing to get better. :unsmith:

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Djarum posted:

Honestly there are a million people who would love to be in that room and who would do a great job. Howard I think has mentally checked out of the job at this point. I think he is perfectly fine with fading away. I can't even force myself to listen to new shows anymore it is just painful and boring to listen to. I just listen to stuff from the heyday 93-96 and still laugh just as hard.
The other issue is they're going to need to pay good money to get someone to sit in that seat and they already seem to be horrifically bad at paying good wages with several of the staff members.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sedative posted:

:unsmith:

drat, he's getting back to his early-Stern Show weight levels. Looks great.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Djarum posted:

Let's be honest Howard will probably not even talk about it. Remember how long it took for him to say anything about Artie? If anything it will be like everyone else has said a quick mention and say how he is glad he is doing better.

Honestly I think Howard is bitter about everything and the reason why the chair is empty now, perhaps for good is because in his wacked out mind the last two people whom have sat in it has screwed him over.

I think Howard's embarrassed that Artie's abrupt departure and drug abuse revealed that Howard really doesn't have a good show unless Artie is there. The more I think about it, I'm a bigger fan of Lange than I am of Stern. And that's weird because I was one of those 'Artie get clean or leave' people until I realized I just wanted the normal funny Artie back. One of the big things about the last year and a half of the show isn't just 'is Howard coming back,' but 'where's Artie going to be in this?' That has to sting, especially with Howard's ego.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Just hearing his laugh the first time made me laugh. drat I miss this fat load.
edit
drat he is just as hilarious as he was back in the day, hasn't missed a beat.
edit2
holy poo poo Artie can remember anything
Artie: Give me any year between 1950 and 2000 and I can tell you was who in the series and who won
Nick: 1954
Artie (instantly): Giants Indians, Giants swept the Indians Willie Mays made that catch

I looked it up, he was right, now he is killing every year, and he doesn't even have a half a second delay

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 7, 2011

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Well now I know what I'll be listening to on my way to and from work.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks a million for the upload. Reminds me of the good old days.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

kylej posted:

drat, he's getting back to his early-Stern Show weight levels. Looks great.
Nick DiPaulo looks like Satan Incarnate in that photo.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That was truly great to listen to and once again reminded me how loving spoiled we are with Sirius and podcasts and poo poo.

The frequent commercials and attempts to speed along and cover all these topics made everything feel so rushed and disrupted with little opportunity to let it flow and evolve (like a real conversation). It's not the fault of Dipaolo or Artie, of course, just the terrible state of radio in general.

UGH I want him on the Joe Rogan podcast so bad it hurts :smith:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 7, 2011

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Robin?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
What happened to Nick DiPaolo? He looks like Gay Uncle Dracula...or Sal

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

The autumn wind is a raider

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
The Howard 100 news break had clips of the show including how Artie would love to come back but "look, I had noine years on the greatest show ever, so you know"

edited to reflect correct years

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 8, 2011

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

The Howard 100 news break had clips of the show including how Artie would love to come back but "look, I had 12* years on the greatest show ever, so you know"

*forgot number he said

He was on for 8.5 years, but I think he said 9.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Stern Show schedule was killing Artie. Now he can sleep in, have some braciole, then go to the Yankees game and buy a $15 steak sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Korak posted:

Nick DiPaulo looks like Satan Incarnate in that photo.

Well he is a racist, conservative poo poo bag....