Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

gypsycabdriver posted:

sweet truck brah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
My new Mazda 3 Grand Touring I picked up last week. I always knew the Dodge Caliber I had been driving for 3 years was a piece of poo poo, but I never realized how lovely it was until I picked up the Mazda.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

redscare posted:

sweet truck brah

hahahahh here's my poo poo heap:

Now has angeleye Hellas.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

toaster_pastry posted:

What rims are these? I have the same car that will need another set of wheels and those look good.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Clank posted:

What rims are these? I have the same car that will need another set of wheels and those look good.

Rota Slipstreams?
http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=40

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

kill me now posted:

From my most recent track day.

Highlight of the day was running down and passing a spec racer. I can only imagine how ridiculous it must have looked to see a 4200lb station wagon behind a 1670lb race car. Also had a few fun laps running an exige cup before we hit traffic.

Where was this?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sockington posted:

Rota Slipstreams?
http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=40

Or maybe a Konig Maxxim Air. Or a Spoon SW-388 if he's really fancy. I learned about these from the wheel style thread.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

toaster_pastry posted:

you motherfuckers with your Dodge Vipers and poo poo.

I have an Echo. It has shag carpeting in-place of seating for rear passengers.

I don't know if it's the shag carpeting, the wheels, roof rack or all of the above but I'm digging your car way too much for an Echo. :hawaaaafap:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

DogDodger posted:

Where was this?

NJMP Lightning with SCDA

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

travisray2004 posted:

I don't know if it's the shag carpeting, the wheels, roof rack or all of the above but I'm digging your car way too much for an Echo. :hawaaaafap:

Everyone's always staring at my rack.

Clank posted:

The wheels are Rota Slipstreams.

My concern with this car is weight, functionality, and fuel economy. I went with 15x6" Slipstreams because they only weigh about 10.5lbs and fit skinny tires well. I run 185/60/15 tires. This is best for fuel economy, but I'd go with a 15x7 and a 205/55/15 for best appearance because they would fill-in the fenders better. The car is also lowered 1.5" all around. It looks goofy if you don't lower it.

With the wheels and various crap that I've removed from the car, I estimate that I've shaved nearly 60lbs off a car that was only 2,100lbs to start with. I love driving it. 108hp is good power-to-weight and it handles exactly like a first generation GTI.

oh, yeah, and 300k miles on the oriiginal engine, clutch, transmission, and rear brakes.

toaster_pastry fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 7, 2011

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

toaster_pastry posted:

My concern with this car is weight, functionality, and fuel economy. I went with 15x6" Slipstreams because they only weight about 10.5lbs and fit skinny tires well. I run 185/60/15 tires. This is best for fuel economy, but I'd go with a 15x7 and a 205/55/15 for best appearance because they would fill-in the fenders better. The car is also lowered 1.5" all around. It looks goofy if you don't lower it.

With the wheels and various crap that I've removed from the car, I estimate that I've shaved nearly 60lbs off a car that was only 2,100lbs to start with. I love driving it. 108hp is good power-to-weight and it handles exactly like a first generation GTI.

oh, yeah, and 300k miles on the oriiginal engine, clutch, transmission, and rear brakes.

What do you get gas mileage wise?

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority

renraku posted:

What do you get gas mileage wise?

At one time, I was getting 35/43mpg. These days, I'm lucky if I can get 30/38mpg.

The engine still runs great, but after 300k miles... I don't think the compression is what it once was. The car works a lot harder to maintain it's speed now.

The best part about the Echo is that the engine is so plentiful and reliable, that it has no resale value. I can find 25k mile used Scion xB engines for $350! One of these days, I'm going to swap in a low mileage used engine and start looking forward to another 300k miles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

toaster_pastry posted:

At one time, I was getting 35/43mpg. These days, I'm lucky if I can get 30/38mpg.

The engine still runs great, but after 300k miles... I don't think the compression is what it once was. The car works a lot harder to maintain it's speed now.

The best part about the Echo is that the engine is so plentiful and reliable, that it has no resale value. I can find 25k mile used Scion xB engines for $350! One of these days, I'm going to swap in a low mileage used engine and start looking forward to another 300k miles.

Are you still traveling around doing awesome stuff? If so when it comes to engine swap time I demand you do the entire thing in a public parking lot.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

kill me now posted:

NJMP Lightning with SCDA

Now with video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG579ORDqo

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

toaster_pastry posted:

My concern with this car is weight, functionality, and fuel economy. I went with 15x6" Slipstreams because they only weigh about 10.5lbs and fit skinny tires well. I run 185/60/15 tires. This is best for fuel economy, but I'd go with a 15x7 and a 205/55/15 for best appearance because they would fill-in the fenders better. The car is also lowered 1.5" all around. It looks goofy if you don't lower it.

Are you still wandering across the country in the Echo?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Some shots of the Subie in her summer clothes. Note my HARD PARKING in the empty school parking lot.

Front needs sprucing up. I'd like to install OEM splitters and a replica STi lip on the front but I'm worried the lovely local NH roads would quickly destroy it. Had to do a conservative drop too due to the winters here. Being a car enthusiast in New England can be frustrating.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

kill me now posted:

Now with video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG579ORDqo

Ah, I know the guy who owns those ESRs! I'd recognize his bright yellow cars anywhere. Entropy Racing - http://entropyracing.net/

Really nice guy. He helped me when I stuffed my subaru into an embankment at BeaveRun.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

c355n4 posted:

Ah, I know the guy who owns those ESRs! I'd recognize his bright yellow cars anywhere. Entropy Racing - http://entropyracing.net/

Really nice guy. He helped me when I stuffed my subaru into an embankment at BeaveRun.

Yeah, they're a staple of Northeast track day rental rides. There was another organization that had a prepped GT-R and a pair of nascar (one cup car and one craftsman truck) rental rides too. SCDA also brought down a few of thier spec miata rentals too. I've though about renting a race car for an hpde day, but I just cant stomach how screwed I would be in if I crashed it.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 8, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kylej posted:

Some shots of the Subie in her summer clothes. Note my HARD PARKING in the empty school parking lot.

Front needs sprucing up. I'd like to install OEM splitters and a replica STi lip on the front but I'm worried the lovely local NH roads would quickly destroy it. Had to do a conservative drop too due to the winters here. Being a car enthusiast in New England can be frustrating.

That's my favorite generation of the WRX. Great looking car dude.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

kylej posted:

That looks really nice.

e: yeah the roads suck in this area. So many potholes :argh:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

That's my favorite generation of the WRX. Great looking car dude.

Nodoze posted:

That looks really nice.

thank you :3:

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

My parents needed a new tow vehicle, so they got this:

2011 Yukon XL 3/4 ton with the 6.0L V8 and a bunch of towing-related options. It's got a lot of grunt and it feels quite solidly built, but the ETM sucks rear end.

Environmentally friendly:

:911:

New vs. old:

TheJeffers fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 8, 2011

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

TheJeffers posted:

My parents needed a new tow vehicle, so they got this:

2011 Yukon XL 3/4 ton with the 6.0L V8 and a bunch of towing-related options. It's got a lot of grunt and it feels quite solidly built, but the ETM sucks rear end.

Environmentally friendly:

:911:

New vs. old:

Do they not offer the Duramax in their fullsizes?

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

Do they not offer the Duramax in their fullsizes?

Nope. You've got to get a Sierra 2500 HD or 3500 HD to spec a Duramax, as far as I can tell.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

TheJeffers posted:

Nope. You've got to get a Sierra 2500 HD or 3500 HD to spec a Duramax, as far as I can tell.

Yep, which is incredibly stupid considering you can get the 3/4 ton cargo/passenger van with the D-max.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I realized that I was never going to have the resources to fix my 1G Eclipse GST so I sold it. Then I realized I'm poor as hell. So, I ended up buying a reliable car. I bought a 1994 Honda Accord EX. I think its an EX-L though because it has leather seats and a moon-roof. Its a 5-speed with 201,000 on the body and 140,000 on the 2.2L VTEC from a 1997 Accord. No rust, brand new clutch amongst some other things. It has some dents and dings, but that's the least of my concerns.

However, I did notice it was leaking gas when I was driving it home and it sitting in my driveway. I'm hoping its something simple like a cracked hose or at worst a leaking gas tank.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Old car:

New car (even though it's seven years older than the previous one):

It just hit 77,000 miles yesterday :dance:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

MiniFoo posted:

It just hit 77,000 miles yesterday :dance:

I love your new old car :swoon:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I don't think I've ever actually posted pics of my car in this thread.

'92 300zx Twin Turbo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
So much nicer looking now than when you first got it

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

'99 Miata.

Oh hello there, old dirty sunfire in the background. You have been replaced.

Oh yes, you do need a bit of a wash.

126,000km, exterior is perfect, interior wise seats are a little worn, but overall excellent condition. Need to find an adhesive to keep the rear window in place for the soft top - the top of the glass has come out. Once that's done it'll be perfect. Never winter driven, I plan to change that...

TrueChaos fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 10, 2011

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Paul Boz_ posted:

I don't think I've ever actually posted pics of my car in this thread.

'92 300zx Twin Turbo.

Those 350z rims look very good on there :toot:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Those 350z rims look very good on there :toot:

You think so? I hate them :(

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
They need less chrome IMO but I like them :3:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

They need less chrome IMO but I like them :3:

They definitely need less chrome but IMO they are also the least attractive Z wheels right next to the current design. I actually like the original 300ZX wheel design. Would be great with something similar in a 17 or 18.

69sofine
Jan 30, 2007
Im a hott horny asain.

Paul Boz_ posted:

You think so? I hate them :(

They do look pretty tacky with all that chrome.

Advan RGs would be pretty sweet, but then again I like those wheels on everything.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander

Shaocaholica posted:

They definitely need less chrome but IMO they are also the least attractive Z wheels right next to the current design. I actually like the original 300ZX wheel design. Would be great with something similar in a 17 or 18.

I would pin the 370z to be the least attractive wheel for me, the basicness of the 350z's six spoke is what makes it such a great design I feel. The stock five spokes aren't a bad choice either but bot a pretty design either.

Then again I also feel that every 300zx should be wearing BBS rims because that was the most common wheel on the racing versions of the car :dance:

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.
I like the 370z sport wheels, but I'm sort of biased...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I'm ordering a set of XXR 521's in 18x10 at some point. They are knock-offs but they're only like $150/each so I don't care one bit.