Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

KaosPV posted:

Hey, thanks a lot for the tips.

Yes, I'd like to find out what are the chords (in particular the staccato ones) in this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX2OQktqkMQ

I haven't even devoted a decent amount of time to it as I'm working on a paper that's due on tuesday, but I hope to be able to figure out some of them when I have some free time. Anyway if you can set me on my right track I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Ok let's see - this is pretty sparse and there's a lot of delay and stuff going on, so it's hard to hear exactly what the guitar's playing, but with a bit of time listening closely you'll probably get something you're happy with.

The main riff has the bass alternating between C and Eb, so starting with those two as the roots of two chords would be a good first step. The melody at 0:23 goes Eb D Bb I think, and then it sounds like the D and Bb repeat again (which could be the delay). It's hard to tell if it's single notes or sometimes two played together, but this sounds pretty ok:
code:
-----------
-----------
-8p7---7---
-8---8---8-
-----------
-----------

At 0:55 the main riff comes in - the most obvious notes to me are C Bb over the C bass note, and G F over the Eb bass note. I'm not sure if there's another note under the C Bb part (it sounds more like single notes), but the G F part sounds a lot thicker. Adding the Eb (from the bass note) sounds pretty good:
code:
-----------
-8---8-6---
-8---8-8---
-----------
-----------
-----------
Playing around a bit it sounds ok if you go to C too:
code:
-----------
-8---8-6---
-8---8-5---
-----------
-----------
-----------
It's probably obvious to some people which is right, right now I can't tell - but the very first time this riff comes in at 0:57 it's played like dee doo dee doo, with what sounds like a quick pull off (which is easier from 88 to 86 than to 56), plus the second doo sounds different to the first one. Playing around and comparing to the song I think this sounds the best:
code:
-----------
-8p6-8-6---
-8-8-8-5---
-----------
-----------
-----------
So that's a start! The song kinda goes through that basic pattern with some variations, so you can compare to what you already have and listen carefully to what you're playing and what you're hearing in the song. When you hear differences, try and pick out what it is you can hear in the song and find that on your guitar. As you get better you'll recognise those intervals and know what to add to your chords, but the key is to try and identify them however you can.

I didn't really rely on any theory here because it's a fairly sparse and simple song, but going between C and Eb implies four main keys - C major/minor and Eb major/minor. The song itself sounds minor and starts on a C, and the notes we found (C D Eb F G Bb) are basically in the key of C minor, just missing the Ab (which may be in there too). So you have a list of probable notes, and the implied chords are Cm7 (C Eb G Bb) and Ebmaj7 (Eb G Bb D) which makes those chord tones important in each section. These are all clues you can investigate instead of randomly looking for notes that sound right!

Is that any help? The thing about learning by ear is that your transcription will be as good as your ear, so it'll either sound wrong (and you'll be working towards fixing it), or it'll sound right. If it's wrong you won't know until you actually notice something doesn't quite sound right, and then you can work on improving it again. This is where tabs can help - you can compare your version to what someone else thinks is correct, and see how theirs sounds. Does something about it sound a lot better for some reason? Listen to the two and work out where you went wrong, and change your version to add the bits that now sound 'right'. Just don't rely on a tab as an authority - go through, steal all the best bits (and which are 'best' is down to your own ear and judgement), and ditch the rest. Videos of the artist playing live are useful too - look at where their hands are on the fretboard, work out what notes are around there, watch for movement (or lack of it)...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

Personally I try to find the root notes of the progression, and once you have that you can start to work out what key it's in and what chords are probably in there. Try major or minor versions of the chords and see which fits with the song, and listen for any notes you can hear that aren't really present in your chord, find those single notes and try and incorporate them. If it's heavy music, which tends to be two- or three-string chords, you could start with power chords (root and fifth and maybe octave) and then do the comparison thing to check if there's a note in there you're missing.

Anything you're trying to learn in particular? I could give one a go just to give you the idea (I suck but it might help you get started!)

Along these lines, if your ear is completely new then you'll definitely benefit more by listening to a variety of moderately paced lead parts and then transcribing the single-note melody instead of trying to jump head-first into barre chord transcription. This is an easy way to start coordinating your ear to the fretboard and it's something most musicians do as their reliance on tab and sheet music diminishes. One trick I used when my ear was completely retarded was singing the note I was hearing in a song into a tuner, and then finding the note on the fretboard. After awhile I realized that I no longer had to use the tuner, and a little while after that I didn't even need to sing- my hand just knew where to go. From single notes you can transition to common intervals or double stops like root/fifth, root/fourth, root/8ve, minor 3rd, major 3rd etc. And from there to more complex chords.

Additionally, using Audacity or something like Amazing Slow Downer is essential. I can't overstate how much easier transcribing is when you can slow playback with or without pitchshift while changing the EQ. Not trying to toot my own horn since I'm still a relatively lovely guitarist after 4 years, but in this past year or so I've gone from pretty much tone-retarded and tab-reliant to being able to transcribe stuff like this just by using amazing slow downer to gradually and methodically tab out some of my favorite songs. Oh yeah, and seek out excellent videos of bands playing their own songs or covers that are really good. These were also invaluable as a beginner for figuring out a lot of positional/voicing variation.

Leviathan fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 7, 2011

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

TriggerHappy posted:

He has a page on practice time: http://justinguitar.com/en/PC-000-Practice.php

Whoops, didn't see that, thanks though!

SupahDren
Jul 19, 2002
My girlfriend, Ana, loves me.
Grimey Drawer
Sorry if this has been covered, but a few minutes looking at the guitar threads didn't turn up an obvious answer. I'm looking for a recommendation on a guitar tab book (like a physical paper one) that has a bunch of recognizable pop songs, the type that people would yell out for at a bar with a single acoustic performer. Failing that, a list of songs like that would be great. Ideally I'd just pay 20 bucks and buy the book, but I'll assemble internet tabs if I have to. Thanks!

ps:
The obvious books at amazon are all stuff for baby boomers. I like those songs, but I'd like to also have more recent ones. Not so much dad rock, dammit!

Stagger
Jun 25, 2003
baby killer for hire
So I want to learn guitar, and since the advice is to choose the guitar based on the type of music you wanna play, I got this guy:
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Small-Body/Epiphone/EL-00.aspx

because I'd like to play Blues, Robert Johnson type stuff, and some folk. I'd like to go beyond that eventually and play electric, because I'm really into The Doors and The Cramps. This seems like a cool starter guitar though. I don't actually have it yet but I'm picking it up at the store in a couple days. So here are my questions

1. Should I get this thing set up when I get it, or would that be a waste of money?

2. Some online reviews suggest that the nut and saddle (and strings) are kinda lovely, although I'm guessing that's normal for something in this price range. Will this be an issue for a beginner?

3. I want to learn to play fingerstyle and to play with a slide (I already made my own slide), and if I stick with this and become skilled, I'd really like to develop a sound with an electric something like Robby Krieger of The Doors (the slide guitar on Moonlight Drive is probably my favorite example of guitar playing). What basics should I have down before I start trying to practice these things?

Once the fall semester starts I'll be back in college and I'll find someone to give me lessons, but until then (for the next month or so) I'm just gonna go over the basic stuff on justinguitar.com and read up on the basics of music theory. Any general advice? Ridicule?

EDIT: Also I actually have had an electric for a while but never played it, I got it from a friend who was unloading a few in his collection for really cheap. As far as I can tell it's a Teisco MJ-2L (http://london.canadianlisted.com/music-instruments/teisco-mj-2l-1960s-vintage-electric-guitar-with-case-and-strap_811124.html) and I hope to be able to play it someday, but it is really old so I wouldn't want to play it a ton or start out with it

Stagger fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 12, 2011

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Sup axegoons. I've been messing around off and on for about a year, and I'm thinking about doing some recording. Right now it's just a Line6 pod into my laptop with some random old mixer program thing called Mixcraft 5. My main problem is that the drum samples that came with the software suck and there's not many of them. Can anyone recommend some decent hard rock/metal ish drum repositories? For various reasons, learning myself or finding a drummer are not practical, so I have to do it the goofy way. Free is cool, although I wouldn't mind paying a bit for quality samples. Good tools would hopefully encourage me to play more often :( as well as sound good
edit: has anyone tried Tabit? (http://www.tabit.net/) It looks like a helpful gadget and claims to include some drums.

WAMPA_STOMPA fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 12, 2011

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Anyone have a suggestion for a tab application for iPhone? I normally try to figure it out by ear, but sometimes it's nice to have a reference if I don't know what the gently caress is going on.

There's a handful of high rated ones out there, like the Ultimate Guitar app, TabToolkit, and Songsterr, I just don't know if any of them are good/bad and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has any reference before I blow $5 on one.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Stagger posted:

1. Should I get this thing set up when I get it, or would that be a waste of money?

2. Some online reviews suggest that the nut and saddle (and strings) are kinda lovely, although I'm guessing that's normal for something in this price range. Will this be an issue for a beginner?

1. Take it home first, check out how well it's set up already then decide later.

2. No, you won't know the difference. And strings are a moot point as you'll be changing them every now and then anyways.

Buy a tuner as well I guess, clip-on would probably be good.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Kaboobi posted:

Anyone have a suggestion for a tab application for iPhone? I normally try to figure it out by ear, but sometimes it's nice to have a reference if I don't know what the gently caress is going on.

There's a handful of high rated ones out there, like the Ultimate Guitar app, TabToolkit, and Songsterr, I just don't know if any of them are good/bad and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has any reference before I blow $5 on one.

Personally I'd just go to the Ultimate Guitar site and look through theirs. Depends if you want their app specifically (which has some kind of playback tool I think)

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

I was looking at the Ultimate Guitar app and the playback thing is an extra purchase.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Oh yeah, I meant just browse the site normally for free and look at the tabs, unless you want to pay out specifically for an app that does some other stuff (maybe it's formatted better or something too)

Nyght
Dec 6, 2004

"I'm about to infect you with the back of my hand."
I've read through the OP and a few pages and have been bit by the bug to learn to play. I'm music illiterate and don't know if I would get as overwhelmed as a housewife at a car dealership and talked into spending too much in a guitar store. I'm trying to educate myself on makes/models with prices to pick up a budget beginner but I'm leaning towards a cheap pawn shop first buy. Can someone just point blank tell me an option of an ax to buy that won't be too costly but also not made out of press board?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Just get a squire Strat for now.
Pawn shops should be full of them.

Hanpan
Dec 5, 2004

I have a standard Fender Strat, I like it quite a lot, never really had any problems with it. I never noticed before but the trem on my strat is floating... I know JustinGuitar suggests having it flat. My question is, if I am happy enough with the sound and action, is it really worth changing it so that it's flat? I'm not really sure what I'll gain but that Justin guy can sure be convincing.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

Hanpan posted:

I have a standard Fender Strat, I like it quite a lot, never really had any problems with it. I never noticed before but the trem on my strat is floating... I know JustinGuitar suggests having it flat. My question is, if I am happy enough with the sound and action, is it really worth changing it so that it's flat? I'm not really sure what I'll gain but that Justin guy can sure be convincing.

If you're happy with it as it is, leave it. You should only keep it flat if you're having tuning problems or if you never use the vibrato.

Wartooth
May 31, 2011
I checked all the four pages of this subforum, all of them, and I figured this is the thread I can ask this in.

I have played guitar since about 2004, but I don't feel I'm near the level I could be at. Nevertheless, I've been pining after a Gibson SG since 2005 or so, ever since I got to try one at a fancy music store. Also, I've googled a bit and I think Gibson SG Standard would be the model for me since I want to play (at least) the following types of music:

Really crunchy/heavy metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHhs37yzb6w

and

Mellower, perhaps even mellower than this type of.. whatever it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX5Y5xD5Xnc

I would even go as mellow as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB2geOuNyRg

Anyway, would the Gibson (SG Standard) be alright for really low tunings for the heavier stuff? I imagine the mellower stuff would be natural for a Gibson but it's the versatility that I'm after.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
If the guitar fits you, you can make it work. That's the lesson I've learned. Remember, you can make something as simple as a Tele play everything from Green Onions (Steve Cropper) to Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix on Noel Redding's) to Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie. (John 5)

As far as physically? Yes, I'm pretty sure it'll handle the downtuning just fine.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
SG is almost the standard for heavy, as far as I can tell. Electric Wizard and many other "stoner" bands have used them at some point, a lot of which play B-standard and drop-A

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Do you have to ask? The SG has devil horns and everything.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Iommi played an SG.

Wartooth
May 31, 2011
Thanks for the replies! I guess it's time to start saving money. I've been playing with my gf's starter Yamaha since I broke my ESP LTD M-50.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Where are you, anyhow? Cause if you're in the US and you want to be metal... and not spend that much...
http://www.maldenguitars.com/storeBulldozerch.htm
http://www.maldenguitars.com/storeBulldozerblk.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvA4xgU06Q (Spergy guy playing it)
(It's not as metal as the Subhuman, of course, but it is more SG)

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 15, 2011

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Wartooth posted:

Anyway, would the Gibson (SG Standard) be alright for really low tunings for the heavier stuff? I imagine the mellower stuff would be natural for a Gibson but it's the versatility that I'm after.

I was in the same market and I got the Agile AL-2800 http://www.rondomusic.com/al2800unifprofileblk.html I loving love it.

I have a question of my own axegoons, which of these Marshalls look like a better buy? Ideally, I want a tube amp, but for budget sake a solid state will do for now and I plan on upgrading later. These are all half stacks with varying heads and prices.

Here are the contenders:
MG100HDFX - $350
G100RCD - $400
AVT 150H - $550

I'm looking for the thickest, heaviest, most crushing sound and don't know anything about these amps. TIA.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Is it worth it for a beginner to splurge on the Agile AL-3100 or should I just get the AL-2000? I've been playing for a little over a month for a few hours a day.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 15, 2011

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I was in the same market and I got the Agile AL-2800 http://www.rondomusic.com/al2800unifprofileblk.html I loving love it.

I have a question of my own axegoons, which of these Marshalls look like a better buy? Ideally, I want a tube amp, but for budget sake a solid state will do for now and I plan on upgrading later. These are all half stacks with varying heads and prices.

Here are the contenders:
MG100HDFX - $350
G100RCD - $400
AVT 150H - $550

I'm looking for the thickest, heaviest, most crushing sound and don't know anything about these amps. TIA.

You said Marshall, but have you checked out a Laney AOR? They can be had for pretty cheap, plus they're tube.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

AVT 150H - $550

I have that same AVT-150H half stack. I've been nothing but thrilled with it for like 8 years, and paid like 1400 new. I toured with it as the thick heavy rhythm Les Paul of a punk band. The range on it is phenomenal, but you do have to mess with your sound a bit, don't expect to just dial your l/m/h to the same settings as your last amp and be ready to go. That said, the gain channels can do everything from goth metal uber-growl or a subtle bubble-gum pop twang. The AC sim is awesome. The effects channels are fairly awesome, and dialing in the hall echoes and strumming will definitely give you that Marshall rock'n'roll "hit song" sound. I did have to re-solder a connection in the footswitch to the gain 2 channel about 6 years into ownership, but that's after a bunch of loading in vans, jumping on it, throwing it, etc. I even had an angry bitch dump part of a beer in the top vents, and it kept playing, and still runs great.

The only problem I've ever had with it is in reputation. People don't like to re-buy marshall's that aren't tube amps, and the previous line of valvestate amps before these models, were known to fail. So basically resale is crap.

I only tried to sell it because I was moving to Vegas to live with a stripper, and I'm so glad I still have my amp and not the stripper. Check it out first of course, and offer the guy 400 because like I said, they do have the stigma of the last generation.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

darkhand posted:

You said Marshall, but have you checked out a Laney AOR? They can be had for pretty cheap, plus they're tube.

I have heard tales of this wonderful amp, but haven't seen any on ebay and there sure as poo poo isn't any even remotely close to my area on craigslist (I live in southern most corner of MD. AKA: BFE) I will keep my eyes peeled for this though as it sounds perfect for my needs.

revolther posted:

I only tried to sell it because I was moving to Vegas to live with a stripper, and I'm so glad I still have my amp and not the stripper.

Words from the wise right there.

No, really thanks, that's the kind of input I was hoping to find on here. (I only quoted the stripper part because, well, because it was awesome.)

Any more input from others in appreciated as well.

Wartooth
May 31, 2011

Warcabbit posted:

Where are you, anyhow? Cause if you're in the US and you want to be metal... and not spend that much...
http://www.maldenguitars.com/storeBulldozerch.htm
http://www.maldenguitars.com/storeBulldozerblk.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LvA4xgU06Q (Spergy guy playing it)
(It's not as metal as the Subhuman, of course, but it is more SG)

I'm not even close to the US, nice looking guitar though. That guitar might actually be too low priced for me, my broken guitar was about the same price and it did alright but now I want to go a bit higher end.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I know the shape shouldn't be that big of an issue but I'm not digging the shape of that thing at all. I checked a video though and it sounds alright, not sure about the heaviness though.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
So I splurged today.

We sold the TV we were trying to sell at our neighborhood yardsale this morning. I wasn't planning on even looking around, much less spend any money, but down the road from me this thing caught my eye.

Got it for $80.

As it turns out, the lady selling it is getting divorced and she's selling her husbands poo poo. His loss, my gain.

That stupid black circle thing is some sort of soft pad I guess for your wrist, I'll be taking that off. It also has a Labowski quote bumper sticker on the back, "This aggression won't stand, man." I might be keeping that one on.

Now can I get some help identifying it a little more? Is is a G400 as seen here? Are those the Dual Alnico V humbuckers?

Also, it's missing the pickguard and I noticed the holes where the previous pickguard was is a little different from what I'm used to seeing.

See here:

It looks more like it had one of these (link) on it but I'm not sure. You can see 2 screw holes right at the base of the neck, and 2 (not 1) between the two pickups.

It looks like he replaced this piece too:

Anyways, here's the serial number if it'll help:

My wife keeps giving me poo poo because she knows I'm saving for that amp I just posted about, I just keep telling her I'm a grown rear end man and I do what I want and no woman can control me.

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008
So what's the deal with the Squier Classic Vibe 50s/60s Strats and Teles? I've been looking for a decent electric for mainly good cleans and people seem to be raving about how good the Classic Vibes are for their price. Especially the Tele seems to be getting a lot of love. Are they really that sweet?

Diquebutt
Feb 17, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Foiltha posted:

So what's the deal with the Squier Classic Vibe 50s/60s Strats and Teles? I've been looking for a decent electric for mainly good cleans and people seem to be raving about how good the Classic Vibes are for their price. Especially the Tele seems to be getting a lot of love. Are they really that sweet?

Absolutely. They have a weird quality I find exclusive to Japanese and Mexican Fenders, where it seems like their hardware or other features are totally unsurprising (and compared to a Korean brand with name-brand American hardware dull), but they come together really well. It's all about budget but it wouldn't hurt at all to find one you like after trying a few and pick it up.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Any amp-techie goons?

So I come back to playing from a 3-4 year hiatus; get a new guit' and a brand new amp (Peavey 6505+ combo)

I work at a theatre. So after the play is over and everyone leave I hook up my poo poo and I'm jamming, dialing in my amp, getting some pretty good tones. This goes on for about an hour, I notice the tubes/chassis are pretty hot, so I decide I'm about to turn it off. Just at that moment the amp turns completely off, without me touching it, and won't turn back on. No LEDs, no sound, none of the tubes light up.

The only servicable fuse I can pull looks clean (trying to find/get a multimeter to really test it). But apparently there's 2 more inside the chassis. Now the amp is brand new so I'm pretty sure I'm covered under warrenty but that means I'll have to send it back and wait like 2 weeks or longer.

Should I just suck it up and send it off, or should I risk opening it and checking preamp/power tubes and the other fuses?

The other thing I'm worried about is, if it is a fuse; they shouldn't just blow like that unless something is wrong. So what did I do wrong?

I had a fuzz with a volume knob. The amp's pre-gain knob was at about 9o'clock (barely on) and post-gain was at about noon (half way). Could this have made a preamp tube blow-up? Would a preamp tube going out disable the entire amp (LEDs and all) ?

btw I live about an hour from any guitar-center or service place, the stuff was ordered from musiciansfriend.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 16, 2011

revolther
May 27, 2008
Is it possible the outlet you were in was for something more heavy duty than normal consumer electronics, 220 feeding off to a 110 maybe frying whatever internal voltage regulator there was? I just figure maybe a theater has heavy duty outlets for lighting and such.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Hmm well I called MF they said they can advanced-exchange it, where I send the amp and they send out a new one immediately. Going to just do that :cheers:

revolther posted:

Is it possible the outlet you were in was for something more heavy duty than normal consumer electronics, 220 feeding off to a 110 maybe frying whatever internal voltage regulator there was? I just figure maybe a theater has heavy duty outlets for lighting and such.

Never thought of that, the socket looked "normal" to me, CD players, fans, desk lamps, work fine in it.

edit: I went under the stage and the socket I was plugged into connects to a conduit that forks into a 125v outlet. I only know enough about electronics to not kill myself, so I really don't know what's going on inside the conduit though.

But I also see a lot of other amps down here that the orchestra uses and they seem to work fine. I can't tell if they are on the same circuit or not.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 16, 2011

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Anyways, here's the serial number if it'll help:

Internet says made in Saein, Korea in August '98.

Also says "Saein was presented the ‘The Best Quality Award of the Year’ by Gibson Epiphone USA in 1998 and 1999." So if you can put it back together I guess you got lucky!

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Sup axegoons. I've been messing around off and on for about a year, and I'm thinking about doing some recording. Right now it's just a Line6 pod into my laptop with some random old mixer program thing called Mixcraft 5. My main problem is that the drum samples that came with the software suck and there's not many of them. Can anyone recommend some decent hard rock/metal ish drum repositories? For various reasons, learning myself or finding a drummer are not practical, so I have to do it the goofy way. Free is cool, although I wouldn't mind paying a bit for quality samples. Good tools would hopefully encourage me to play more often :( as well as sound good
edit: has anyone tried Tabit? (http://www.tabit.net/) It looks like a helpful gadget and claims to include some drums.
quoted for lack of response, please help goons! I put my faith in you!

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Leviathan posted:

Amazing Slow Downer is essential.

That thing is nice, but $50 nice? I dunno.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants

crm posted:

VLC is free and slows songs down well enough to pick out melodies. It's also a nearly universal video player.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

crm posted:

gently caress these people. It's an ok program but Audacity does the same poo poo for free. And they only give you a backup disc if you pay extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

quoted for lack of response, please help goons! I put my faith in you!

Have you looked at looperman.com yet?