Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

Ouhei posted:

Hey everybody, this isn't really MY shop, it's my girlfriends but I help by photographing everything. She sells vintage hats and purses, I don't know a ton about them but she finds some really nice stuff!

Is that your girlfriend in the photos? She really rocks those hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

zoecore posted:

Is that your girlfriend in the photos? She really rocks those hats.
Indeed it is! She does a great job and I really admire her dedication to the shop.

I also showed her this thread, she says thank thank you for the compliments!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Lealoo posted:

ooooh I ran across her shop recently and I LOVE her shop. I seriously wish hats like that would come back.

I saw her shop recently too! I love pillbox hats and wish I had some, or an opportunity to wear them..

Bobmccrackin
Sep 28, 2005
what
Finding this thread has made my bank account sad. I've been snooping around the good squad group and I've already ordered some soap from altazakin and lealoo made me the awesome necklace she posted a couple of pages back. You guys are evil! *fist shake*

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Does anyone make stuffed animals? There's a specific squishy I want someone to make.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Look Under The Rock posted:

Does anyone make stuffed animals? There's a specific squishy I want someone to make.

I do. http://www.etsy.com/shop/sockfiends?ref=si_shop

I don't know if he has an Etsy store but SA user nolen also makes awesome plushies.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

I make felted stuffed animals http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThreadbareKnitter

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
What I'm looking for is a quote on how much it would cost to make a little stuffed, knit, crochet Baneling from Starcraft 2. It doesn't have to be exact, just as close as possible. I'd do it myself but I lack the skills. I don't care what kind of craft it is as long as it's cute and cuddly :)

pepsigloworm
Mar 11, 2005
Moo

What I'm looking for is a quote on how much it would cost to make a little stuffed, knit, crochet Baneling from Starcraft 2. It doesn't have to be exact, just as close as possible. I'd do it myself but I lack the skills. I don't care what kind of craft it is as long as it's cute and cuddly :)

I tried PMing you but Chrome kept messing up. I might be able to crochet one for you. Email me at missmatchedcows (at) gmail .

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

Etsy used one of our jewellery trees for their human-sized recreation of the Etsy homepage at Artsmart - a crafty festival thingy at the Chelsea College of Art and Design here in London. It on the bottom row.

Hoping to get sales off of this. Maybe.

(It's the neon orange thing on the bottom row.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoecore fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 2, 2011

electricgoat
Aug 17, 2009

zoecore posted:

Etsy used one of our jewellery trees for their human-sized recreation of the Etsy homepage at Artsmart - a crafty festival thingy at the Chelsea College of Art and Design here in London. It on the bottom row.

Hoping to get sales off of this. Maybe.

(It's the neon orange thing on the bottom row.)

Very cool! Grats!

A Plaid Silhouette
Jul 2, 2011

I make printed pillows... probably not what you're looking for, since they're basically just a 3-dimensional drawing, but if the idea appeals to you I'd be happy to give it a shot.
Examples:
Penguin
Owl

Shakra
Jul 30, 2004

I haven't used etsy in a while.

Shakra fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 3, 2014

Sudden Guts Pill
Aug 7, 2009
Technically, this is the shop that my mom shares with me (that I'm running, she's kinda computer illiterate). Most of the work is hers, which is a lot of neat collages and magnets made from vintage bits and old magazine clippings. She's really clever and imaginative, take a look! She's always really tickled whenever someone orders something. :3:

And I make video game merch. :blush: I only have one piece up at the moment but I hope to have more soon. Mostly I make bag replicas from Legend of Zelda games.

http://www.etsy.com/people/MissHupe59

Dr. Chaco
Mar 30, 2005
I have a new bag listed: http://www.etsy.com/listing/77165346/fun-textured-tote-in-autum-colors

It came out great, with all kinds of different textures and colors as a result of me trying to use up odds and ends from my yarn stash.

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

I love that Zelda bag.

We're shutting our shop for 6 weeks as of the 18th of July (we go travelling every summer). So we're doing 25% off everything until then. Coupon code SUMMER25. Weaselfactory

Remember to tell us you're a goon when ordering and we'll send you free stuff.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Any UK Goons fancy checking out my Folksy shop?

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Blessy

I set it up this morning, so I'm a little nervous my 0 sales status will put folk off. Anyway - I make jointed felt bears, like this:

They are my own design, which I'm pretty proud of. If this goes well I'm considering selling mohair bears which are way more effort but look amazing.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
Dr Scoofles, those are gorgeous and I think you've priced them very well!

Unfortunately, I am trying to downsize my junk at the moment, so no spending sprees from me, but good luck, I hope you sell those little guys. Have you considered posing them and taking photos then converting them into notelets or postcards? It would be hard to do this without getting into sickly twee territory, but they look like such little characters that I'm sure they would sell.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Thanks madlilnerd, it's actually really good to have some feedback on the pricing, I agonised over it for days haha.

Nice idea about the pictures actually, I have no problems going twee. My brother in law is a professional photographer, so I might beg him for a photoshoot. I took these in my kitchen today using a lamp to light them, hence the terrible orange lighting.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
Weaselfactory's on the front page today!

I don't know, maybe that happens to you all the time, but I for one got very excited in your honour, Zoecore

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

I don't know, maybe that happens to you all the time, but I for one got very excited in your honour, Zoecore

I didn't know we were on the front page today. Thanks for noticing! I did know we were featured in an Etsy Finds email today and the number of views and hearts we've been getting is insane.

This is excellent because we're just about to set off for our Asian travels in two weeks and we could use the money!

In other news, a goon won our Facebook contest to name our new animal ring and I've just sent off her prize today (a panda ring and a penguin ring)!

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
So, do any of you guys sell cross stitch PDFs in your shops? I love cross stitching, but it doesn't seem to be a popular hobby with people under 50 :(. I've been making my own patterns, but it would be nice to be able to buy a few preplanned ones that I would want to keep, instead of making 'Footprints in the Sand' samplers and adorable kittens in baskets for my family.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

I got derpy and started a thread in the goon team discussion. But yeah that works too.

Cuniculous I found this site http://www.myphotostitch.com/ I haven't been able to try it out yet. I cant make it look decent yet. The "edgier" cross stitch patterns seem to be getting popular.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

Comrade Quack posted:

Cuniculous I found this site http://www.myphotostitch.com/ I haven't been able to try it out yet. I cant make it look decent yet. The "edgier" cross stitch patterns seem to be getting popular.

I use KG-Chart to make my patterns. It's just a little program that has DMCs color pallet and lets you draw pixel by pixel, or upload photos and edit them. I used it to make a pattern out of my next project, this picture. :3:

Some of the edgy patterns are just as bad as the cheesy ones to me, unfortunately. A lot of them seem to be memes, or profanity in a pretty font with a floral border.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

zoecore posted:

I didn't know we were on the front page today. Thanks for noticing! I did know we were featured in an Etsy Finds email today and the number of views and hearts we've been getting is insane.

This is excellent because we're just about to set off for our Asian travels in two weeks and we could use the money!

In other news, a goon won our Facebook contest to name our new animal ring and I've just sent off her prize today (a panda ring and a penguin ring)!

I am this goon and I am so excited for it to come in the mail! :3: I will gladly post pictures upon receiving them. :3:

obnoxious
Aug 11, 2005

booty butt
booty butt
cheeks
Not mine but my sister-in-law's shop. She's just opened it and really does some amazing purses and bags. I'm pretty proud of it, which might be kind of lame but she's got a level of creativity that I will never know.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeHappyBags

:D

HOLYFLAMINGCRAP
Jan 29, 2004
Moves like a Movie Star
My girlfriend's shop that I assist with http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArmsandArmory she started it a little over a month ago, she does a regular jewelry line sold in stores but wanted a more instant outlet.

My own shop I JUST opened http://www.etsy.com/shop/RitualMaster Mostly Lovecraft inspired pieces but I plan on expanded my influences a bit!

zoecore
Dec 23, 2003

HOLYFLAMINGCRAP posted:

My girlfriend's shop that I assist with http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArmsandArmory she started it a little over a month ago, she does a regular jewelry line sold in stores but wanted a more instant outlet.

Her jewellery is photographed beautifully.

electricgoat
Aug 17, 2009
This isn't really an official sale or anything like that, but I'll be down in the US on July 22nd to take advantage of their hilariously cheap food prices. I'll also be taking advantage of their hilariously cheap shipping. Anyone who buys something from my shop between now and July 21st can just convo me or leave me a note to seller saying they'd like me to wait and ship the item out from the US. I'll refund you the difference when I return home and have the exact shipping cost. American shipping is about 30-50% of the cost of Canadian shipping, so it's a nice saving. Shipping from state to state is also ridiculously quick. I guess that's what happens when your postal system doesn't travel via moose-drawn sleigh.

My shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/doctormoo

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!
This isn't for sale in my shop, but I'm ridiculously proud of my obnoxiously large prototype. I've wanted to do hair fork kanzashi for a while, but just now came across some hair forks that I could afford to play around with.

Bonus "so what do you do with an obnoxiously large flower hair fork" horrible photo.

My shop, which has large clips, but no large forks yet.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MountainMusings?ref=si_shop

flutterbyblue fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 16, 2011

HOLYFLAMINGCRAP
Jan 29, 2004
Moves like a Movie Star

zoecore posted:

Her jewellery is photographed beautifully.

Thanks!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Recently I cleaned out a bunch of stuff- quilting fabric, trim, beads- from my sewing and crafts stash. Would it be worthwhile to put it up on Etsy? It doesn't seem like there's a lot of yard-saley sellers on there and that's a little intimidating.

flutterbyblue
Oct 29, 2007

I'm a little cat in a pretty hat!

trickybiscuits posted:

Recently I cleaned out a bunch of stuff- quilting fabric, trim, beads- from my sewing and crafts stash. Would it be worthwhile to put it up on Etsy? It doesn't seem like there's a lot of yard-saley sellers on there and that's a little intimidating.

If you are selling cheaply then it might not be so bad, but etsy is definitely geared more toward long term shops than yard sales. I would be concerned that your items might sit for quite a while. It's not uncommon to have listings that won't sell for months.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

flutterbyblue posted:

If you are selling cheaply then it might not be so bad, but etsy is definitely geared more toward long term shops than yard sales. I would be concerned that your items might sit for quite a while. It's not uncommon to have listings that won't sell for months.

It's true. I had supplies in my shop for a good 6 months once, and I ended up only selling one thing to a crazy lady in canada.

On the bright side if you take a really fancy artistic picture and charge three times as much for the item you're sure to get on the front page! :suicide:

SassySally
Dec 11, 2010
Did anyone else decide to do the Christmas in July sale someone asked about earlier? I decided to, so you can use coupon code CIJ20 to get 20% off your entire order from my store. http://www.etsy.com/shop/nmfolkman

flutterbyblue, that hair fork is beautiful!

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

trickybiscuits posted:

I would use Ebay instead. I've never had a problem shifting stuff there, just don't expect to get retail value for it. For me, it's more about decluttering and making some pocket change, so I price everything at 99p and it always flies.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

madlilnerd posted:

I would use Ebay instead. I've never had a problem shifting stuff there, just don't expect to get retail value for it. For me, it's more about decluttering and making some pocket change, so I price everything at 99p and it always flies.
You're right, EBay is probably a better idea- I've had some luck on there before. Thanks, everybody.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Cuniculous posted:

So, do any of you guys sell cross stitch PDFs in your shops? I love cross stitching, but it doesn't seem to be a popular hobby with people under 50 :(. I've been making my own patterns, but it would be nice to be able to buy a few preplanned ones that I would want to keep, instead of making 'Footprints in the Sand' samplers and adorable kittens in baskets for my family.

I saw this shop on Regretsy and really liked it. As someone said, it's one of those shops that has some meme-y stuff, but some are just funny by themselves, like this and this. Apologies if steotch has been linked before, if it has I've missed it.

Dr. Doorknob
Jan 15, 2007
And The Amazing Electromagnetic Thing
Just wanted to drop in and send a huge bucket of thanks to altazakin for my soaps -- they arrived today and they are good enough to eat! :D

So everyone out there who needs soap? Get them here for yummy showers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargladdy
Sep 21, 2005
Outletsnake!
My girlfriend makes jewelry out of old hdd's Check out her shop here

And I paint videogame stuff. My shop is right over here