Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Can someone who uses FOOK, PN, Armory, and WME and doesn't crash every hour or so post their load order? I'm too dumb to figure this out on my own and would rather just mimic yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My only complaint with The Armory is I'll go to the Gun Runners and be completely overwhelmed because I have no idea what to buy anymore. :Wild Wasteland:

Also as an actual, minor complaint, it's kind of silly to run down the list of all these actual gun types and then just see something just called "Sniper Rifle" or "9mm Pistol."

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Rodyle posted:

My only complaint with The Armory is I'll go to the Gun Runners and be completely overwhelmed because I have no idea what to buy anymore. :Wild Wasteland:

Also as an actual, minor complaint, it's kind of silly to run down the list of all these actual gun types and then just see something just called "Sniper Rifle" or "9mm Pistol."

We refuse to modify or replace the stock weapons. Sorry :(

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Naky posted:

We refuse to modify or replace the stock weapons. Sorry :(

Like I said, extremely minor thing. It's a great mod and you are AWESOME for making it, it's just those stock weapons VIOLATE MY PRECIOUS IMMERSION :negative:

Also I think I've finally hosed my install with too many mods. I probably should have stopped awhile back when steam community stopped working in-game, but now I'm seeing random objects and NPCs covered by huge red signs and I'm not sure which mod does it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Something I'm considering for my next playthrough: Going down the weapon/armour lists and removing a 0 from the value of every one. It would make quest rewards much more important relative to killing people and taking their guns, and mean the cap quantities mentioned in dialogue might occasionally mean something. Is this a terrible idea?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The Lone Badger posted:

Something I'm considering for my next playthrough: Going down the weapon/armour lists and removing a 0 from the value of every one. It would make quest rewards much more important relative to killing people and taking their guns, and mean the cap quantities mentioned in dialogue might occasionally mean something. Is this a terrible idea?

Reducing the value of items and weapons by a factor of ten sounds great on paper. You're discouraged from carrying a bunch of scalped equipment around with you because you won't get a whole lot for it. Unfortunately, it also effects the amount that vendors sell that same equipment for, so the change is sort of zero-sum. Actually, I anticipate this leading to you having even more caps than you normally would.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if there's a viable way to increase the detail of distant rocks, sort of like an object LOD? The 'ugridstoload' doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference, and I've already got Object and Land LODs maxed out on the control panel. I know you can push the LOD values further than you can set them in the panel...so I guess I'd be asking if anybody has done this, and what values they have them set to.

EDIT: Okay, so even tripling the value of the Object LOD doesn't seem to do anything. There must be another value somewhere...

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 8, 2011

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

dudeman posted:

Furry Pip-boy.

:eng101: Vault Boy. Pip Boy is the handheld or wrist mounted device.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Chronojam posted:

:eng101: Vault Boy. Pip Boy is the handheld or wrist mounted device.
:eng101: There is a Pip Boy mascot as well, though. He looks like this:

Pretty sure that's not what dudeman was referring to though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Rodyle posted:

Like I said, extremely minor thing. It's a great mod and you are AWESOME for making it, it's just those stock weapons VIOLATE MY PRECIOUS IMMERSION :negative:

You're probably the first to ever say that. Most complain that the mods immersion breaking since they feel that any gun that doesn't have wood in it is too modern. Which is fine from a thematic immersion stand point though they tend to ignore things like the P90 being a lore weapon or that there are multiple groups manufacturing new weapons or that primer and paint is not an ancient science reserved for the pre-war civilization only :smith:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Reducing the value of items and weapons by a factor of ten sounds great on paper. You're discouraged from carrying a bunch of scalped equipment around with you because you won't get a whole lot for it. Unfortunately, it also effects the amount that vendors sell that same equipment for, so the change is sort of zero-sum. Actually, I anticipate this leading to you having even more caps than you normally would.

But it means that getting 300 caps from doing something that isn't related to selling guns is now 'worth' ten times as much, meaning it's actually relevant rather than beer money.
I was only planning on reducing weapon and armor prices and leaving everything else the same - drugs for example are waaay too cheap in vanilla relative to the price of guns, but not ridiculous relative to things like quest rewards.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Can someone who uses FOOK, PN, Armory, and WME and doesn't crash every hour or so post their load order? I'm too dumb to figure this out on my own and would rather just mimic yours.

I'd also like to get all four of them to play nice together with out crazy rear end bugs/CTDs.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
I'm so freakin' annoyed right now. About to go through and just empty my load order. Seriously I've got so many stinkin bugs right now.

Oh and that drat MCM is pissing me off, that PN decided to implement. The menu they had prior was freakin' amazing, why switch this BS that was reported to be unstable to begin with?

Anyways, FOOK does not like FNV 1.4 at all. I had invisible mobs turning up and all kinds of weird bugs running it PN and WMX together...

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Arkitektbmw posted:

I'm so freakin' annoyed right now. About to go through and just empty my load order. Seriously I've got so many stinkin bugs right now.

Oh and that drat MCM is pissing me off, that PN decided to implement. The menu they had prior was freakin' amazing, why switch this BS that was reported to be unstable to begin with?

Anyways, FOOK does not like FNV 1.4 at all. I had invisible mobs turning up and all kinds of weird bugs running it PN and WMX together...

Currently, FOOK isn't compatible with 1.4, so don't bother trying to get it running.

What problems are you having with MCM? PN's pre-2.1 menu was honestly a piece of garbage. It was cumbersome and inflexible.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Lone Badger posted:

But it means that getting 300 caps from doing something that isn't related to selling guns is now 'worth' ten times as much, meaning it's actually relevant rather than beer money.
I was only planning on reducing weapon and armor prices and leaving everything else the same - drugs for example are waaay too cheap in vanilla relative to the price of guns, but not ridiculous relative to things like quest rewards.
You'd get better results just reducing the selling power of the player by game setting.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Just an update on that little hideout thing that I am making.

Got the design pretty much settled on. I've gone with a large cavern that you buy that is initially empty except for a raised concrete slab in the center. As you complete the quest associated with it, you'll add catwalks that will support your weapon walls, etc. The place is pretty spacious(2x3 epic cavern. Roughly the size of one of the larger rooms in Bloodborne Cavern) so adding stuff from future DLC's or making an optional costco sized weapon wall for Naky's armory should be relatively easy.

Also decided against the robot butler. The quest for the cavern will have getting swindled into buying an "old outpost" that ends up being a cave with almost nothing in it. You'll then build your hideout by finding old Nevada Ranger resource caches that were meant to be used to make the cavern into a logistics base for the rangers. The whole plan was scrapped when the NVR merged with the NCRR and they rebased to Mojave Outpost. I haven't planned anything for it past that.

Still pretty early in development. So far the design is good and I've got the basic functions of building the cavern up from nothing working, though none of the quest is working beyond "This is a quest!" "Thanks" <catwalks appear>. I'm going to try to have it done, or at least releasable, by the end of July.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

You'd get better results just reducing the selling power of the player by game setting.

Then I can't *buy* guns.

I can't figure out how to reduce the cap awards from New Vegas Bounties, which would otherwise be too rich.

Edit: I knew doing the Armory weapons would take a while, but poo poo how did you manage to build all that? Are you human?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jul 8, 2011

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Currently, FOOK isn't compatible with 1.4, so don't bother trying to get it running.

What problems are you having with MCM? PN's pre-2.1 menu was honestly a piece of garbage. It was cumbersome and inflexible.

Yeah read that just after posting here...awesome.

As far as the MCM, it's causing my game to hang a bit before it loads the main menu. Freezes the mouse somewhat as well. In game it causes a ten second delay from me hitting escape and the menu popping up, unless I've been killed then it's more of a forty-five second delay.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Then I can't *buy* guns.

Sell/buy are two separate settings. You can easily adjust it so that the player sells items for a much lower % of their value than stock without modifying buy values whatsoever. I've actually created custom settings for myself that makes player sell value atrocious with 0 barter and slightly better than normal with 100 barter, and it has created the effect in my game of making barter actually matter and ensuring that I am more or less broke in the first several hours of gameplay.

I also globally raised the prices of all items but not by as much as some overhauls I've seen, I think it's somewhere in the 200% range. Even at endgame I am constantly finding a way to spend my caps since they are always going towards weapon mods.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Arkitektbmw posted:

Yeah read that just after posting here...awesome.

As far as the MCM, it's causing my game to hang a bit before it loads the main menu. Freezes the mouse somewhat as well. In game it causes a ten second delay from me hitting escape and the menu popping up, unless I've been killed then it's more of a forty-five second delay.

Do you know how many mods you're running that use MCM? I noticed an increase in the time it took to open the menu (like you described) just running two MCM mods -- Realistic Aiming and PN. But it's only an extra four or five seconds. Enough to be annoying but not enough to do anything about it. The death-delay thing is very unusual, however.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
On the mod that lets you visit Fallout 3, do I have to manually copy over the DLC to the same data folder?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

On the mod that lets you visit Fallout 3, do I have to manually copy over the DLC to the same data folder?

I haven't used the mod myself, but I'd imagine you would have to because the FO3 DLC were originally activated through GFWL, which New Vegas doesn't use.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know the source of the pink loading screen. It's the Fallout 3 to New Vegas mod.

Could someone who got this mod working post actual instructions. The one provided in the read me is a joke.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 8, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Since Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale today on Steam, does anyone have a link to the Fallout 3 modding thread? Just curious

jvempire
May 10, 2009

kombatMedik posted:

Since Fallout 3 GOTY is on sale today on Steam, does anyone have a link to the Fallout 3 modding thread? Just curious
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186281
Friendly reminder, Unofficial patch is bad don't get it.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I haven't used the mod myself, but I'd imagine you would have to because the FO3 DLC were originally activated through GFWL, which New Vegas doesn't use.
Didn't they remove GFWL integration for FO3? I don 't remember ever dealing with it after buying the GOTY edition.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Woebin posted:

Didn't they remove GFWL integration for FO3? I don 't remember ever dealing with it after buying the GOTY edition.

I might be wrong, but I don't think so...at least not on the boxed edition (Steam might be different.) Google doesn't seem to turn up anything indicating it was officially dropped.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
GFWL is still in my steam version so ...

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Woebin posted:

I never hard to deal with it because I always launched it via FOSE/FOMM. My ESMs for the DLC were in the right locations always though, as far as I remember.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Tarradax: I missed your message on IRC, but the answer to the question is - yes, we always need help with testing, balancing, and feedback as development is always in progress. With FadedReality gone, we no longer have any dedicated testers helping The Armory out and it was a lot tougher this time around on the 2.0 release.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay I was using the wrong version of that mod, but I can't access the data zip within.

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006
I know this is the New Vegas mod thread, but I feel like I'm more likely to get an answer here then the FO3 mod thread. Was simply wondering, are there are any mods for FO3 worth checking out that aren't covered in the OP of the FO3 mod thread?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

ShiningForceHero posted:

I know this is the New Vegas mod thread, but I feel like I'm more likely to get an answer here then the FO3 mod thread. Was simply wondering, are there are any mods for FO3 worth checking out that aren't covered in the OP of the FO3 mod thread?

Well, there's DC Interiors. It's a pretty cool locations mod that lets you enter formerly boarded up buildings, factories, and restaurants. A lot of the DC areas are now fun to explore and camp out in. Then there's EVE, which is sort of an Energy Weapons / Visuals overhaul. It can be pretty buggy, though. Also, look into Apocalypse Armory. Last I checked, the author was working on a compatibility patch for FWE.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Apocalypse Armory. Last I checked, the author was working on a compatibility patch for FWE.

Is this coming to Vegas, ever? It looked really drat cool :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Is this coming to Vegas, ever? It looked really drat cool :(

Install The Armory, 20th Century, and CFWNV and you've got every weapon in that pack more or less. And bear in mind - a LOT of it is very low quality.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Install The Armory, 20th Century, and CFWNV and you've got every weapon in that pack more or less. And bear in mind - a LOT of it is very low quality.

Yeah, pretty much this. I'd only recommend Apocalypse Armory for FO3, simply because most weapons are hosed with the three whole animations you have to choose from, anyway. But it has a lot of interesting ideas, like jury-rigged mausers and derringers.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

I played through vanilla at launch and enjoyed myself immensely, I'm thinking it's time for another trip into the wasteland, this time, modded, and I'm wondering what the likelyhood that I'll be able to get PN and A World of Pain working together? Anyone had any problems with it?

ShiningForceHero
Apr 19, 2006

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well, there's DC Interiors. It's a pretty cool locations mod that lets you enter formerly boarded up buildings, factories, and restaurants. A lot of the DC areas are now fun to explore and camp out in. Then there's EVE, which is sort of an Energy Weapons / Visuals overhaul. It can be pretty buggy, though. Also, look into Apocalypse Armory. Last I checked, the author was working on a compatibility patch for FWE.

Thank you very much, Apocalypse Armory looks rather entertaining.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

GloomMouse posted:

I'd also like to get all four of them to play nice together with out crazy rear end bugs/CTDs.

It's just such a pain in the rear end to find the problem for me, at least, since the crash doesn't usually happen until about an hour in. But it pretty much always happens an hour in, at least.

I stripped down to just those four mods and played for like half an hour with no crashes, but still came across another weird maybe bug. Is there something in FOOK or PN that would prevent you from repairing? It doesn't seem like it happens only in combat (and I believe those options are off by default in both of the two), but rather that it's related to the effects of ingestibles. Or something. I haven't really found a consistent trend for this.

At least with the other bug (the crashes) I can tie it to leaving a building into the wastes/fast traveling, but I don't know where to go from there. I'd think it's trying to load something wonky but short of reinstalling everything I don't know where to go with that.

And also Cream-of-Plenty, you asked earlier whether I had a cell purger mod installed, and I forgot to answer. I don't have one that specifically does that installed, but I guess if that's one of the features of FOOK or PN then it's possible.

Mr.Hotkeys fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 9, 2011

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

It's just such a pain in the rear end to find the problem for me, at least, since the crash doesn't usually happen until about an hour in. But it pretty much always happens an hour in, at least.

I stripped down to just those four mods and played for like half an hour with no crashes, but still came across another weird maybe bug. Is there something in FOOK or PN that would prevent you from repairing? It doesn't seem like it happens only in combat (and I believe those options are off by default in both of the two), but rather that it's related to the effects of ingestibles.

FOOK does have a disallow repair in combat option. It's kind of annoying because Gamebryo isn't always consistent with what is and isn't combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is there a New Vegas equivalent of this? It always bothers me to see so many buildings strewn throughout the wastes that are boarded up.