Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I just found this beauty for sale right down the road!

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cta/

Granted the photo is small and kind of blurry, but I don't see any seams for doors or door handles...and that dip in the center almost suggests that you're supposed to step into it. Please tell me the canopy opens jet-fighter style. :q:

el topo posted:

He probably counts the basic maintenance costs as "investment" and got majorly ripped off on an ugly body kit.

A full respray - even a mediocre one - in addition to said ugly body kit and routine maintenance / repairs will get you there pretty quickly as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Black88GTA posted:

and that dip in the center almost suggests that you're supposed to step into it. Please tell me the canopy opens jet-fighter style. :q:

They have gullwings.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
What would you guys do if you saw an ad on craigslist, called to ask about the car, showed interest, and then a day later the original ad had disappeared but a new one emerged for circa $500 USD more?

To be specific, its a '85 MR2 and it was $2200 and is now $2700.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The Scientist posted:

What would you guys do if you saw an ad on craigslist, called to ask about the car, showed interest, and then a day later the original ad had disappeared but a new one emerged for circa $500 USD more?

To be specific, its a '85 MR2 and it was $2200 and is now $2700.

Show up with $2000 cash in hand?

Edit:

Found this today. I have almost zero interest in a pre 60s Cadillac, but this seems like a pretty amazing deal:
http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/2477083820.html

Granted, it's not exactly stock, but for a running, partially restored 47 that would be apparantly drivable out of the gate, that seems pretty amazing. The interior looks pretty drat good. It's also in the NE, so add a premium to the price for having less rust-if it seems like an OK deal for CA it must be great for NY. Though I'd wonder about the power a 76 motor would have, what with being in the middle of all the 70s regulations, especially pushing a piece of just postwar steel. It's also about 2k out of my current price range. :(

Astroman fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 5, 2011

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Goldmine of comedy perhaps: http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/2475160457.html

madattheinternet
May 8, 2004

PLEASE STOP! PLEASE!
This is not even phonetic spelling. It's like he types whatever sounds right into a word processor for spellchecking purposes but has no idea on what the words actually mean. This is pretty typical for anyone in or around Kissimmee.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
"THE LEFT HUB WITCH I KNOW WERE TO GET IT FOR 45BUCKS" = I am very familiar with "U-Pull-N-Pay" = where the right hub witch probably came from already.

And while he's very specific about the condition of the left hub witch, he doesn't specify what model and year it is, nor the mileage. Nor what he expects to be offered for it.

How 'bout not waisting are time next time.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

RARE=VALUABLE!
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-EXTREMELY-RARE-DODGE-1-2-TON-Rarer-than-a-hemicuda-W0QQAdIdZ289077752

quote:

VERY RARE DODGE 1/2 TON. In 1978, only 74 Dodge 1/2 tons had a 440 from the factory according to shipping documents and mopar gru Galen Govier. Here is one of the rarest. It is a Citrin Green and White, Adventure SE 150 reg cab, long box,, 2wd, auto, air, tilt, clock, cb, and what makes this truck so awesome is the FACTORY SUNROOF. It doesn't get much better than that. The truck came from California so the body is VERY NICE. The original motor is out of the truck but is included. It has been this way for a bit as a resto was planned an owner ago but not completed(like me also i guess).I simply have too much on the go and a rare truck like should not go to waste. Need to get 6500.00 as that is what i have into it. A very sharp truck indeed once done, ride in style, open the sunroof, talk on the cb, just like in 78.
The pictures show how fantastic the truck is. No idea what the hell he spent $6500 on as supposedly that's what he has got into it. Maybe dust or that mismatching tailgate was also a special collectors item.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 6, 2011

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

lowridin' all over those apex seals

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 7, 2011

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
oh my god that interior

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I kinda like the copper-finish paint, but the interior looks like a homage to Redi-whip. Or shaving foam.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I was thinking "well this isnt so bad, i've seen crappy paintjobs before if i can get it sprayed che.... OH MY GOD ITS DOLIMITE'S RX7! :gonk:"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I am leaning slightly toward liking that paint, too.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Kinda reminds me of this:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2478413575.html

An El Camino that appears decent in every other way except that it has CAPTAIN CRUNCH PAINTED ALL THE gently caress OVER IT so, $1950? Its been up there forever.

By the way, :cheers: for the imgur plug-in tip. I'm in Firefox. It is the bee's pajamas.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
paint job is nice all the way around!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Must be the rare valor interior.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/2482456832.html

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 8, 2011

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
Interested in classic cars? I know nothing about them but this seems like a fine deal to me:

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2483252386.html

quote:

LAST Day 1949 Dodge - $1600 (Birmingham AL)

If not brought today it will be crushed
Firm price come get it
1949 dodge medowbrook
clean inside and out minor fix ups
old car been sitting 8 years after grands died in garage
frame 100%
body 100%
paint scuff and sparyable or touch it up buff it up
needs some wheels small price to pay for such a nice car
call (205) 796-7357
Last photo is how it can look after u finnish with it maybe take u 1500-2000 dollars resale value 15,000 or drive it to church

Do not call to low ball price is firm this is not a restoration project this car will take just a little to put it in car show status at 1600 thats giving it away you couldnt get the bumpers and grill for that price!

Sucks that their grandpa died in the garage that must have been very inconvenient :haw:

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 8, 2011

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Did he die in the car?

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
If its sat for 8 years, I imagine its like if you took that cop from Terminator 2, and if instead of smart metal he was made out of rust, and he had tried to hide in Sarah Conner's gas tank before she tried to take off on a prolonged chase.

"Come buy this car that my granddad died near, touching, inside of, or as a result of for the non-negotiable price of exactly and no less than $1600.000 USD or WE ARE GOING TO SMASH IT INSIDE OF A GIANT MACHINE. Comes with a complete decaying skeleton and 8 years worth of opened social security check envelopes. gently caress you granddad"

He asked to have his ashes spread along with those of the charred white-walls that are gonna cost you $1250 just to be able to move it anywhere.

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007

The Scientist posted:

Kinda reminds me of this:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2478413575.html

An El Camino that appears decent in every other way except that it has CAPTAIN CRUNCH PAINTED ALL THE gently caress OVER IT so, $1950? Its been up there forever.

By the way, :cheers: for the imgur plug-in tip. I'm in Firefox. It is the bee's pajamas.

Assuming the car is in good shape i think that is a great deal even if you havee to dump $5000 into it to paint over captain crunch. Those drat cars are so expensive here, the few examples that are on craigslist and autotrader are over 10k here and that isn't even for a perfect specimin.

edit: it may not be a great deal the cars here may just be exceptionally overpriced.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Really? It's worth anything and they're going to crush it TODAY IF NOT BOUGHT? :jerkbag:

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
They are on the verge of crushing it this very second. Its on the precipice of a crushing machine as we speak. Offer him $1500 and you'll be driving that fucker home in the back of a pickup before you can say "cash".

Footwork
May 15, 2011

by Ozmaugh
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1993-Nissan-240SX-Hatchback-W0QQAdIdZ296348804

"also the previous owner replaced all the rotors but replaced the front 2 with a pair that were too small."

uhhhhhh...how does that happen?

also; "failed its safety due to some rusting on the underbody that needs to be patched"

Note in 240 land Some Rusting=Giant fuckoff holes in frame rails.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Footwork posted:

Note in Ontario land Some Rusting=Giant fuckoff holes in frame rails.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Looks like they stripped off every piece of OE equipment, sold it and created this monster. I'm almost tempted to look at it for fun, but the guy will probably try to rob me once I point out the fifth unmatched VIN.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Body Kit = Corvette rear end

MATLAB 1988
Sep 20, 2009
Have I posted about my Subaru XT yet? Here are pictures of my Subaru XT. POST POST POST.
What a goofy looking muscle car, courtesy of the Pacer and Gremlin creators. The flares had to have been a total afterthought, added after glancing at the 1968 Corvette. $3000 Seems like a reasonable price for entry-level early 70's muscle, even if this SST Javelin's suspension is from harbor freight.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2483754047.html

Looking for keywords mpg, cheap, affordable, trade, alternative?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2485751568.html

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MATLAB 1988 posted:

What a goofy looking muscle car, courtesy of the Pacer and Gremlin creators. The flares had to have been a total afterthought, added after glancing at the 1968 Corvette. $3000 Seems like a reasonable price for entry-level early 70's muscle, even if this SST Javelin's suspension is from harbor freight.

360k on that.. and a 5 digit odo. No grill, and no internal shots. Dear god, that thing's just :angel:

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Viggen posted:

360k on that.. and a 5 digit odo. No grill, and no internal shots. Dear god, that thing's just :angel:

I think "360" in the ad refers to engine size (360 ci) and the 904 is the transmission type (Torqueflite).

Fully restored, those early '70s Javelins look amazing.

Edit: like this, although I could do without the pinstripes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1974_AMC_Javelin_AMX_black_front.JPG

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I'd drive that thing. But I'm kicking myself now because I just realized that I live in a fantasy world where poo poo has to be typed right. I've had a late night epiphany that I've been spending all my time reading books and the internet, getting accustomed to "understanding" things and constantly checking my browser's built in spell checker, meanwhile I guess a huge portion of the earth's population doesn't give a poo poo, even when it comes to something important like convincing somebody to give them thousands of irl human dollars for a complex series of systems that they strap around their body and expectantly use to propel themselves to high speeds along with a title that is so important it effectively means "I did not steal this poo poo". I'm wondering if that other half doesn't have it better. Or if they keep having these nagging thoughts like "Why isn't anyone responding to my ad for a sweet Javelin with only 360,908K miles on it?", while instantly having a revelation that they is dumb.

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005

The Scientist posted:

Words

Yeah, I bet ignorance is bliss. My brother, for instance, had like a 2001 Malibu as a rental car once. He kept remarking about how nice it was and that he would like to own one some day. He is currently happy with his super base model '94 Cavalier. Way to aim low.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Assuming that there isn't something horrible with it not listed, that Javelin is a loving steal. :sigh: Wish I could.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Lowclock posted:

Yeah, I bet ignorance is bliss. My brother, for instance, had like a 2001 Malibu as a rental car once. He kept remarking about how nice it was and that he would like to own one some day. He is currently happy with his super base model '94 Cavalier. Way to aim low.

This is exactly why you can't take car recommendations from people who's vehicle history you don't know.

I mean, hell....most people just don't care what they drive as long as it has enough cup holders in it and the AC works.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Number_6 posted:

I think "360" in the ad refers to engine size (360 ci) and the 904 is the transmission type (Torqueflite).

That makes a hell of a lot more sense. I was wondering how the hell one of those could even get nearly that high. My elders owned these beasts when they were kids, and every single one of them also figured 360k miles.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Oh dear, someone please stop me :ohdear:

I've been seriously contemplating selling the Panda and buying some sort of big hydropneumatic Citroën to replace it. The DS is too old and the C5 is too crap unless you get a brand new one, so I'm really mostly considering the CX, XM and Xantia.

The CX is of course the last "proper" Citroën (ie. designed before Peugeot took over) with all the French arrogance and idiosyncrasies that entails, but the rust monster has hit them terribly hard and not many were sold here to begin with. There's a nice-looking 1988 GTI 2.5 Turbo II on sale near me, but the owner is very specific in the ad that the car has rust that needs to be fixed.

I don't have any particular preference for the XM, although it looks pretty rad in the right trim.

So I've mostly been looking at Xantias, which is a car I've always liked. It's relatively recent (1993-2001), has a funky Bertone-designed body and has the magnificent hydropneumatic suspension without being overloaded with a bunch of other unnecessary gadgets. Unlike the C5 which rides well but is rear end-ugly and has too many gadgets that don't work right.

More specifically, this car. Seven seats! Space for 4 golf bags + trollies! Grandpa-compatiple suspension! Velour seats!

Please tell me I'm completely insane for wanting to replace my fuel-sipping reliable 3 year old 55mpg Panda diesel with an 11 year old 25mpg Citroën wagon.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

KozmoNaut posted:

Please tell me I'm completely insane for wanting to replace my fuel-sipping reliable 3 year old 55mpg Panda diesel with an 11 year old 25mpg Citroën wagon.

Not by AI standards. If you planned directly on building one from OEM parts - we'd tell you to shop wisely.

v- You always wanted extra jobs to be able to afford the car, right?

Viggen fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 11, 2011

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The worst bit is that even with the significantly worse gas mileage and more expensive insurance, because I would no longer be making monthly payments on a car I would still be saving almost 10.000dkk/year by replacing the Panda with the Citroën. Which should be plenty for the odd repair here and there. French cars are reliable, right?

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
With regard to that TDI, is the rust on the visible parts of the body work? 'Cause Rustoleum makes some pretty impressive poo poo that adheres over top of rust as well as old spray paints used to adhere to the 3rd sanded coat of primer. If its like on the undercarriage, paint the whole nethers flat black and enjoy a nice Hitler car.

disclaimer: I am the foremost expert in spraying spray paint on poo poo and this is literally all you would need to know in order to do it well.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

quote:

now i know this car is worth 15k + when the engine is fixed and the most that can be is 700-900 dollars so please don't text or call with your junk 95 Honda civic.

The car in question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Coredump posted:

I'm not sure if the tires are flat, or it's been there so long that it's part of the ground.