Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I snarted in front of one of my tables at work and got away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Skypesex while at work :smug: I just got paid for that.

e: I'm technically a prostitute now? They're paying me to occupy space here during the overnight shift and this is how I occupy space?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Got the keys for my new apartment and not only is it a little larger than I remember, it turns out they were wrong and it actually DOES have a fireplace!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Today hasn't fulfilled its quota of awesome yet but it WILL... I'm seeing Iron Maiden (and Alice Cooper) live in a few hours.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Chewbecca posted:

It's my birthday :3:

I got some gift cards and money and iPod dock and scarves and ugg boots and a bunch of other cool stuff, and right now my husband is in the kitchen baking me a cake :)

This post. It reminded me that I really am incredibly fortunate and it's sad that busyness usually takes away my perspective on things. Since going on leave to finish planning this wedding and both not working and putting that together, I realize how much more I need to reflect on that.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
My big test and homework due date got moved to tomorrow. This means that in spite of the fact that I spent until 5 this morning working and got up at 8 expecting a test that I literally didn't have time to study for, I now have time to do that and fix up one of the problems I gave up on on my homework. I'll also get to sleep for more than two or three hours before I take the test.

To boot, after tomorrow it's the weekend and I have no new homework and am free to do whatever. I'll finally be able to start working on my SA GameDev entry. :D

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Guest commentated on my first LP, which was loads of fun :dance: I think I'm hooked!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Got Blackhawks tickets against the Winnipeg Jets. Going with my brother, my coworker and my boss. Club level seats and I have no doubt Byfuglien, Sopel, and Eager will be warmly greeted for their return to the UC.

Cost me a fuckin arm and leg to get these tickets but it was worth the smile on my brother's face.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
It is payday. This is my first paycheck with my new wage on it.

It is also barbeque day at work so free food.

And neither of my bosses are here.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just won two Matisyahu tickets by answering the trivia question "Who's(sp) front yard eventually became Arlington Cemetery????" on Facebook. I didn't even need to look it up, because I am a history geek.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I haven't thoroughly cleaned up around my computer desk in I guess two years and decided it was time to do so today. In a stack of things was an Easter card from my grandmother, postmarked 2009.

I found $10 in it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just won two Matisyahu tickets by answering the trivia question "Who's(sp) front yard eventually became Arlington Cemetery????" on Facebook. I didn't even need to look it up, because I am a history geek.

Thomas Jefferson?

Despite everyone in my lab being on vacation I was able to scrounge up some help for moving tomorrow. Plus my parents are coming to help so two free meals for me this weekend!
Anyone want to come over and pack my kitchen for me?

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I'm now in a relationship with this person.

Makes me wish E/N had a bragging thread. :3:

Haha nice going man. My ex related a similar tale to me about her new man and I just wanted to go shake his hand.

His non-dominant hand.

My day was awesome because I just made plans with the girl I thought my friend had hosed things up with for me. And I got into uni. Nothing can touch me today :cheers:

edit: Yeah and finding unexpected money is boss as hell too. I went to the shop this morning thinking I only had three quid to play with. Checked the pockets of my shorts and found 15 quid.

llbdtiberio
Mar 27, 2010
Went to the UK's largest Asian store in Glasgow and stocked up on various things like soy sauce, miso, wasabi and noodles. Am really tempted to learn Mandarin/japanese now so I can read the instructions :P

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE
My university sent me a letter guaranteeing me my spot in my program of choice for next year because of my awesome marks :)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Thomas Jefferson?

Robert E Lee. It was basically some Union officer pulling the most hilarious dick move in US military history after capturing it while Lee was off fighting in the deep South.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got this photo.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Today several attractive ladies sent me pictures of themselves in various states of nakedness.

I discovered this while drinking a frosty beer and eating teriyaki strips and naan I had just grilled.

And my friend informed me that she got my CD signed by one of my favorite musical artists.

The only way I could be happier is if I found out the blowjob fairy was real.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The only way I could be happier is if I found out the blowjob fairy was real.
I have good news and I have bad news.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009
I just discovered this thread today and I also had an awesome day.

Woke up this morning and it's my day off so I began reading Dune in bed.

Decided that it was so nice outside. I headed to the lake to jump off the cliffs and look at girls in bikinis.

At the lake I met a girl who I previously picked up from a bar but lost her number.

Had a blast at the lake jumping off the 40 footer with people I just met (her friends)

on the way home i picked up 2Lbs of cooked whole shrimp and snacked on them at home.

Got a text from said girl, that she wasn't doing anything tonight and wanted a ride to my place.

Got Road head for the first time on the drive home!

Had sex with her at my place and after a smoke she said that she didn't feel like spending the night so I drove her home and now reading SA before i go to bed

Also I'm officially on her Fbuddy list.

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
I got a good grade for a seminar I really enjoyed attending and worked hard for.

Someone posted pictures with me in them on facebook, and I look good in them :D

I just came back from a week of workshops and lectures on the revolutions in northern Africa and my head is filled with knowledge.

Edit: and I finally bought a new bikini that fits and looks good!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
Got my birthday present a month early.

I've never had a new new car before.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
Yesterday was a good day. My aunt who I haven't seen for ages surprised us and came over. Later with my best friend went to the mall and hosed around at the Apple Store. Just discovered how fun Angry Birds is. Next we went to the diner and I got a huge hamburger. Good day.

Today I'm going to sit around and drink beer and watch some baseball.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I'm still in an awesome mood from the last few days! :)

Friday I got my first response from jobs I've applied to. They requested some more information and said they would be calling me next week about setting up an interview. Considering how few jobs I've applied to, I'm really excited my first response wasn't an immediate no. And although I'm not crazy about the location of this place, it's at an amazing organization that I'd LOVE to work for.

Then yesterday I got to see my best friend who moved away and later I had dinner with a couple of my closest friends who I also rarely see anymore. We watched Rubber which was pretty incredible in itself.

Tonight is a new episode of True Blood and the season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Tomorrow? :) I started dating someone a couple weeks ago and it's going really well. I thought we might have problems but it seems to be working out surprisingly well. I think I'm going to his place tomorrow to start our week long marathon of Star Wars (my first time ever seeing it).

Yaaaaaa, life is awesome.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Spent the day at my best friend's place playing with her little boy. He was cuddled up to me waving an elastic band at me and hissing, telling me it's his new pet snake. I asked him what its name was and he went 'He's called.....he's called....DADDY!'

Bless <3

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a very painless move into my new apartment and it's baller as gently caress.

I don't even care that it's going to take AT&T a week to install internet and cable, it's just so nice and actually :10bux:/month cheaper than my last place :dance:

Five Spice
Nov 20, 2007

By your powers combined...
Recently, I cut an incredibly bad person out of my life--one who made me feel guilty about having fun without her, constantly belittled my interests, and was overall a very gloomy and negative person. I've been a doormat for so long, but I've really been making progress with my own self improvement. This is just the beginning. :D

werecat666
Apr 27, 2007
thrillhouse
I went to see A Perfect Circle for the second time. (Yesterday)

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Might be moved to the part of the shop I want to work in, filled with rogues and layabouts and uncouth fools. Enjoying maker's mark, straight. So very smooth. Yes I know maker's is bland and smoothness is the whole point but I'm slowly inching into whiskey, having been a gin man for years. Also learning to like whiskey. Talking to the girlfriend. Setting up a "let's get drunk and play l4d" party sometime over the weekend, and I am going to make fucktons of homemade pizza for it. Good times.

SeaGoatSupreme has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Jul 12, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Might be moved to the part of the shop I want to work in, filled with rogues and layabouts and uncouth fools.

Sent over to the grind stations today, I think I am being moved to the part of the shop I want to work in. :) Hello, pay raise. how are you?

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My boyfriend just landed a really awesome job with a high-ranking Fortune 500 company. He'll be making almost quadruple the amount he was making at his old job, and he's up for at least a 10% raise every six months. He has to go several states away to train for two months, and that'll be sad 'cause I'll miss him lots, but this is such an amazing opportunity for him. I'm so happy :3:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Evil Dead 4 was announced with Bruce Campbell as Ash. It's like a Christmas miracle! :toot:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

CrackSpider posted:

My boyfriend just landed a really awesome job with a high-ranking Fortune 500 company. He'll be making almost quadruple the amount he was making at his old job, and he's up for at least a 10% raise every six months. He has to go several states away to train for two months, and that'll be sad 'cause I'll miss him lots, but this is such an amazing opportunity for him. I'm so happy :3:

Mind giving us a little more detail on this? Sounds awesome.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Evil Dead 4 was announced with Bruce Campbell as Ash. It's like a Christmas miracle! :toot:

If you are serious about this then it just made my day too :D

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It turns out that the uni assignment that I thought I failed was actually submitted to the wrong person, so I'm passing that subject. Of course, I found that out right before I submitted a revised version, so it turns out the bloody weekend was wasted when I could have been beating up giant crabs in Monster Hunter or something. Still, this is good news, and I also bought another Dresden Files book and had a kransky for breakfast. So yeah, pretty good day. How about that.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Brace posted:

Mind giving us a little more detail on this? Sounds awesome.

He graduated maybe a month ago from the University of Cincinnati with a bachelor degree in networking (or something similar, he changed majors a lot), and his now-boss knew he wanted him hired within five minutes of talking to him over the phone. The company is called EMC. I hadn't really heard of them until recently, but apparently they play with the tech big boys like Microsoft, Apple, and Cisco. His job is going to be driving out to companies that buy their software and getting it all set up for them. When he isn't doing that, he doesn't even have to come into the office, just keep in communication via emails or whatever. This is pretty much his ideal job. Also the company is going to pay for his masters degree.

His boss is really awesome too. He's a kindly old Thai man who treats his employees like family. I'm even going to get to fly out to the training location (Boston, MA) to visit my boy on his dime some time within the two month training period so we don't have to be separated as long :3:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Jul 13, 2011

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally checked out of my old apartment. First living space I ever paid for myself, so I'll miss it, but my new one is so much nicer.

Also bumped into two of my new neighbors last night/this morning, who both give off a real "girl next door" vibe :quagmire:

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I went on a third date with a pretty girl and she said she'd be my girlfriend :unsmith:

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
I have a horrible cold, and my daughter came over today to make me tea and soup and "take care of her little old mommy." :3:

She spends every other week with her dad, (joint custody stuff) and for her to give up a day with the guy who spoils her rotten is just awesome.

Went outside to call the dogs in, and our wiener dog was just chilling in the sun. She looked at me, wagged her tail, and settled back down with a most contented sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin
I went to the store and purchased 23 items items totaling just under $40 and only paid $7.12. I love my coupons so much! :dance: