Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Oh ok I didn't know that I've been listening online too long.

mt1 posted:

I remember listening to Loveline in NYC around 1998-1999. I think it was on 92.3, not sure though.

According to this it was on there in at least 2007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I think everyone should idle in the IRC channel and discuss whatever hilarious things are on the stream!

mt1
Mar 5, 2007
THE FLOOR IS WHERE YOUR FEET GO

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Pzykotic posted:

I think everyone should idle in the IRC channel and discuss whatever hilarious things are on the stream!

If it's not on the same or previous page you should post the info (#loveline on irc.synirc.net).

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

mt1 posted:

THE FLOOR IS WHERE YOUR FEET GO

NOW HOW TAAAALLLL?!

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts
*smoke detector chirp*

See Drew, that would drive an iguana crazy.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I just downloaded my first episode of Loveline after disaster (tarantula hawks in the mist) , and I like it but for some loving reason they keep playing this loving cannon sound over and over and its driving me crazy. Do they do this every episode?

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

BradleyJamers posted:

*smoke detector chirp*

See Drew, that would drive an iguana crazy.

I just never really got how that even happens. The last time a smoke detector in my house started chirping, I went nuts trying to figure out which one it was as fast as possible so I could yank out the battery.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Went to the taping of "The Car Show" today. There was only 60 or less people in the audience, really intimate. First thing we heard Carolla say to his co-hosts was "these loving people in L.A.......". Carolla flubbed some lines and cracked everyone up. I'd watch the show if it was only him, I didn't like the other hosts.

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
Can somebody tell me which episodes have good "we cannot judge" rants in them?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Find one and you've heard them all.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:

drat NIGGA posted:

Went to the taping of "The Car Show" today. There was only 60 or less people in the audience, really intimate. First thing we heard Carolla say to his co-hosts was "these loving people in L.A.......". Carolla flubbed some lines and cracked everyone up. I'd watch the show if it was only him, I didn't like the other hosts.

Was Adam the "star"? How many car segments were there? Was it just him in the studio a lot going on a bunch of jags?

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I just downloaded my first episode of Loveline after disaster (tarantula hawks in the mist) , and I like it but for some loving reason they keep playing this loving cannon sound over and over and its driving me crazy. Do they do this every episode?

Ah no they've only do it for like 2 or 3 episodes. they go through fads, at the start it was "Sheet Rider" for a few episodes, and they also had "Sching" when they had in the machetes. The latest one was great.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Was Adam the "star"? How many car segments were there? Was it just him in the studio a lot going on a bunch of jags?

Adam's the main host of the show, but he does testing stuff with the others. He didn't go on a lot of jags, but there is a segment at the end of the show where he goes on a rant on something car or driving related. The rant we saw filmed was on radio traffic reports. They showed us 3 car segments and a couple of them talking to a indy driver and some other guy.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

^ I must say, this show sounds right up my alley.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
it seemed like a better version of american top gear.The hosts had much more chemistry together. Matt Farrah talked to us about how the american top gear sucked and talked about smoking weed.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Vertigus posted:

I just never really got how that even happens. The last time a smoke detector in my house started chirping, I went nuts trying to figure out which one it was as fast as possible so I could yank out the battery.

The basic idea I got from the show is that if you grow up in a classic chaotic home full of domestic disputes and abuse, you get really, really good at tuning things out.

Most of the time this was played solely as a joke but sometimes Drew would use this as a point to show how abuse can change you.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

I mean, let's get real. It was typically females that didn't notice. Either they most likely didn't know what the chirp meant, or figured they didn't know how to change the batteries, so they ignored it.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I mean, let's get real. It was typically females that didn't notice. Either they most likely didn't know what the chirp meant, or figured they didn't know how to change the batteries, so they ignored it.

I don't remember the exact quote, but Adam once delivered a good rant about women not bothering to do anything that is even slightly out of their reach.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

^ I hate to sound too sexist here, but any girlfriend I've ever had....if there's even the SLIGHTEST hint of a speed bump or resistance in any plan of theirs, they just immediately bail.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

OnlyJuanMon posted:

^ I hate to sound too sexist here, but any girlfriend I've ever had....if there's even the SLIGHTEST hint of a speed bump or resistance in any plan of theirs, they just immediately bail.

Yeah, but look on the bright side; if they had had any self-confidence you'd never have wheedled them into dating you!

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

TequilaJesus posted:

I don't remember the exact quote, but Adam once delivered a good rant about women not bothering to do anything that is even slightly out of their reach.

Have you ever even seen a woman use a ladder?

Hell, he's spot on. I mean, this kind of stuff may be rooted in historic, sexist gender roles but it shouldn't be sexist to point out that it's going on.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Vertigus posted:

Hell, he's spot on. I mean, this kind of stuff may be rooted in historic, sexist gender roles but it shouldn't be sexist to point out that it's going on.

And seriously, have you seen us drive? Come on now.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Vertigus posted:

Yeah but Adam is a confirmed right winger, a racist, and a sexist so I'm not sure where you are going with that.

Also, he is a famous comedian and you are not. And yes I have seen a woman use a ladder.

But feel free to elaborate

edit- Have you ever seen a black CEO? LMAO!!!

Hurm.
Apr 24, 2006

Nature is a language
can't you read?
Guys, we can't judge. We *literally* cannot judge.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

40 OZ posted:

Yeah but Adam is a confirmed right winger, a racist, and a sexist so I'm not sure where you are going with that.

Also, he is a famous comedian and you are not. And yes I have seen a woman use a ladder.

But feel free to elaborate

edit- Have you ever seen a black CEO? LMAO!!!

Alas, your lance is needed elsewhere. (It's one of Adam Carolla's jokes you moron)

It's a pretty commonly-known phenomenon that the reason women in America aren't into math, home repair, and other traditionally "manly" pursuits as much is because our culture kind of railroads them into traditional gender roles. To appeal your sense of outrage, I would go so far as to say that Adam Carolla is remarking on one such task that many women are not expected to be able to do and thus are reluctant to engage in it. In other words, you're barking up the wrong tree, moron.

Vertigus fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 10, 2011

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Vertigus posted:

Alas, your lance is needed elsewhere. (It's one of Adam Carolla's jokes you moron)

no poo poo i was referring to your bit afterwards

when someone who isn't funny or isn't the context of a comedy show says it, it kind of loses everything (edit- IT BEING "LOL BUT HE'S RIGHT, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT GENDER THEORY....")

notice I'm not attacking Adam, I'm attacking you :)

Vertigus posted:

It's a pretty commonly-known phenomenon that the reason women in America aren't into math, home repair, and other traditionally "manly" pursuits as much is because our culture kind of railroads them into traditional gender roles. To appeal your sense of outrage, I would go so far as to say that Adam Carolla is remarking on one such task that many women are not expected to be able to do and thus are reluctant to engage in it. In other words, you're barking up the wrong tree, moron.

Yeah but you keep making excessive excuses for Adam Carolla (author of "in 50 years we'll all be chicks" lol) that he is making these distinctions.

He is not.

I like listening to Loveline and generally Adam's wit and I'll appeal to the thread here but he isn't playing 11th dimensional chess.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 10, 2011

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

40 OZ posted:

no poo poo i was referring to your bit afterwards

when someone who isn't funny or isn't the context of a comedy show says it, it kind of loses everything (edit- IT BEING "LOL BUT HE'S RIGHT, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT GENDER THEORY....")

notice I'm not attacking Adam, I'm attacking you :)

Yeah but you keep making excessive excuses for Adam Carolla (author of "in 50 years we'll all be chicks" lol) that he is making these distinctions.

He is not.

I like listening to Loveline and generally Adam's wit and I'll appeal to the thread here but he isn't playing 11th dimensional chess.

Please don't attack me if all you have to go with are intentional misinterpretations about what I'm saying and stupid one-liners about black CEOs :) :) :) :)

As for Adam, whether intentional or not he's good at making observations about society.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
don't you even talk to me like you know me, Jerry, because you don't. you ain't my daddy and you sure as HELL aint gonna talk to ME like that

Vertigus posted:

As for Adam, whether intentional or not he's good at making observations about society.

Adam is a funny comedian and that has nothing to do with you

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

40 OZ posted:

don't you even talk to me like you know me, Jerry, because you don't. you ain't my daddy and you sure as HELL aint gonna talk to ME like that

Adam is a funny comedian and that has nothing to do with you

I made a dumb joke. Are you drunk, or do you have some sort of e-grudge? Quit projecting.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vertigus posted:

I made a dumb joke. Are you drunk, or do you have some sort of e-grudge? Quit projecting.

Haha, I also saw it as drunk posting.

Did your parents ever abuse drugs or alcohol? I drink olgahol.

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn
Loveline jaded him.

Remember when he started claiming women knew nothing of world war 2, and then he started asking all the female callers to name the axis and allied powers? Hell that one chick had never even heard of the holocaust.

I think the ladder bit comes from a smoke detector episode.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

malefactor posted:

Remember when he started claiming women knew nothing of world war 2, and then he started asking all the female callers to name the axis and allied powers? Hell that one chick had never even heard of the holocaust.

I listened to a great show last night with some stoned sounding guy talking about being smart because he watched the History Channel. Adam asked him the Axis question and dumbed it down to 'who were the good guys and who were the bad' The guy ended up replying with WW2 being the Jews vs the Asians. :shobon:

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

malefactor posted:

He brings that up a lot on his podcast, but I get the impression that his knowledge of WWII is limited to what he's seen in movies, and there's been a million WWII movies over the past 60 years. Ask him to explain WWI and you're going to get a bunch of confusion and deflection until he starts screaming about the haircuts in the TV show M*A*S*H.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

benito posted:

He brings that up a lot on his podcast, but I get the impression that his knowledge of WWII is limited to what he's seen in movies, and there's been a million WWII movies over the past 60 years. Ask him to explain WWI and you're going to get a bunch of confusion and deflection until he starts screaming about the haircuts in the TV show M*A*S*H.

Those were some lovely haircuts though.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

malefactor posted:

I think the ladder bit comes from a smoke detector episode.

Adam is behind the Loveline crackdown. He's using a convenient cover to suppress how much he recycles.

Giovanni is a stooge.

Dr. Drew has caught the celebrity disease he spent all that time trying to cure.

Anderson is the true mastermind behind all of this which is why he still has a job.

It all makes sense now.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Zahgaegun posted:

Adam is behind the Loveline crackdown. He's using a convenient cover to suppress how much he recycles.

Giovanni is a stooge.

Dr. Drew has caught the celebrity disease he spent all that time trying to cure.

Anderson is the true mastermind behind all of this which is why he still has a job.

It all makes sense now.

Engineer Chris killed himself, only 3 credits short of graduating from junior college at the spry age of 35.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

benito posted:

Ask him to explain WWI and you're going to get a bunch of confusion and deflection

To be fair if you asked anyone about WWI you'd get the same thing. Probably even from the people who fought in it.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
Anyone who missed Adams Speed Channel show last night can watch it on the Hulus :hfive:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/257913/the-car-show-kill-the-lemon#s-p1-so-i0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I watched all of about 10 minutes of it on TV the other night, but couldn't go on.

I really wanted to like it, but they did that thing that shows sometimes do, where they fill the screen with so many little graphics that the actual live picture is like, less than 2/3rds of the screen. I can't stand that, and I hope it changes. Also, when a joke doesn't work, Adam doesn't seem to know when to stop going on with it and trying to make everyone "get" it. Maybe these are bugs that will get worked out.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=740&h=NTNlZTFhYTI
This is one of the hardest episodes I've ever tried listening to. It's a gal from Planned Parenthood, and a gal from Right to Life. The Right to Life chick is so sanctimonious and annoying that I had a hard time listening. Plus, only Adam busts her balls for spreading nothing but misinformation.

I am posting it, though, because I'm always interested in where popular drops originate from, and it's the source of the "No, not alright!" drop that Anderson uses every time they discuss middle eastern stuff.

It's at right about an hour in, right after the chick from Right to Life leaves. It's hard to tell, but I think the caller is claiming that only non-whites should be getting abortions, because the supreme white race needs to be procreating, and no-one else.

There is an amazing exchange, though, right after the Right to Life gal leaves, but the Planned Parenthood lady stays:
Adam: "She's tough but unfair... see you in hell, baby.
Alright, let's let the party start. Nancy, got any reefer? You guys plan murder, you all smoke out, right? You guys are cool."

• Locked thread