Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bald White Dad
Dec 28, 2004
Just some fag with a computer...on the internets bitch!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Agree to disagree than. This argument could go on forever.

Scored tickets to Opeth in NYC bitches :c00lbert:

Sweet, I picked up a pair for Pittsburgh for my daughter and I :corsair:

Got the meet 'n greet tickets...that's pretty much my vacation this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

the Bunt posted:

You're listening to music for the wrong reasons.

:p

Haha, touché. As much as I'm a sucker for cool art design on albums and stuff. I always thought that if I were ever to be in a band and release anything that I'd want to go old school with a photo from a show or some DIY looking presentation. It's like a double edged sword because while I appreciate cool artwork it almost seems as if that's part of the effort of putting out an album at all, marketability in terms of appearance. Which actually does lend itself to the "listening to music for the wrong reasons" ideology that I try to steer clear of.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

drat I miss Suffokate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwiEp6piCN0 here's a track from Catherine.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

krustster posted:

I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the southern rock poo poo is super overdone and generic and I wish it would die (though I guess it's starting to fade away now). I like the new sound a lot better, I don't think they went overboard with the heaviness or whatever. I especially like the part that starts around the minute mark in that song, really cool "wall of sound" type thing with subtle nuances that leads into a really nicely structured breakdown part. I guess I just liked a lot of the subtle elements on the album that seem to set it apart.

Personally I found the first album good in spite of the southern riffs, not because of them :cool:

Which other metalcore-ish bands do you think use Southern riffs? Personally I can only come up with Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, The Holly Springs Disaster and Dead and Divine.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Eight Is Legend posted:

Which other metalcore-ish bands do you think use Southern riffs? Personally I can only come up with Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, The Holly Springs Disaster and Dead and Divine.

Everytime I Die do it sometimes.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Once Nothing comes to mind. If you're like me and still enjoy Southern-y metalcore, do yourself a favor and check out their only full length, First Came the Law.

the Bunt posted:

I love these guys and can't loving wait for their new cd.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I remember in high school when ETID used to be good. :(

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone else listen to the new Within the Ruins ep? I just found out about it and it made my day.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

XIII posted:

Anyone else listen to the new Within the Ruins ep? I just found out about it and it made my day.

Yeah the Kansas cover is pretty awful, albeit novel, but the rest of the songs are good. I don't think the new production sounds as good though. It's heavier but I liked the clear sound they had.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I remember in high school when ETID used to be good. :(

Amen, brotha. Last Night in Town is one of my all time favorite albums. Hot drat! was entertaining but felt a bit lacking, and the rest of their garbage discography is really disappointing.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

the Bunt posted:

Oh yeah, forgot them. And I will check out Once Nothing.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Every Time I Die rule front to back and I'd like you all to apologize.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Wamsutta posted:

Every Time I Die rule front to back and I'd like you all to apologize.

Seriously.

New Junk Aesthetic and the Big Dirty are decent albums.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Big Dirty is probably my favorite ETID album. Last Night in Town sucks and the band agrees.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Nah, I think you'll find that everything after Hot drat! sucks.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Nah, I think you'll find that everything after Hot drat! sucks.

This man speaks the truth...

XIII posted:

Last Night in Town sucks and the band agrees.

Don't make empty claims like that. Link to the interview or whatever that you read where it says that the band thinks their own album sucks...

Even if they did think that LNIT was a lovely album of theirs, it wouldn't change my opinion of it. It's pretty clear that they've changed their sound pretty drastically, and they never even play anything off LNIT live. Can't remember the last time I heard even Logic of Crocodiles live, it's seriously been for loving ever.

I'd go as far as to say that I'm not an Every Time I Die fan, I'm just a Last Night in Town fan. Sucks for those dudes if they wrote and released an amazing album and then decided to be southern rock instead of awesome.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Anyone give the latest Ed Gein album "Bad Luck" a listen? I'm listening to it right now and it's pretty disappointing. Judas Goats was a pretty badass album but Bad Luck is a lot more toned down in terms of musical and vocal intensity.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Am I allowed to enjoy Last Night In Town and their other albums, or do I have to choose? :(

I love the southern rock vibe they have. Different strokes, I guess. :)

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Don't make empty claims like that. Link to the interview or whatever that you read where it says that the band thinks their own album sucks...

Yeah, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdWVPZDV8aM

EDIT!!! My baaaaaaaaaaaaad, it's Burial Plot Bidding War they didn't like!

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8UQt6M6Vo

Life Long Tragedy - Make Or Break

I think this is one of my top 5 hardcore songs. So solid.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Yuhh, Burial Plot Bidding War, I can see not liking. But Last Night in Town is Southern Hardcore at its finest.

Enrico Furby
Jun 28, 2003

by Hand Knit

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Yuhh, Burial Plot Bidding War, I can see not liking. But Last Night in Town is Southern Hardcore at its finest.

Is it? Cause they're from Buffalo and I don't hear anything southern sounding until maaaaaaybe some choice riffs in Hot drat and then every piece of garbage they put out afterward.

Chipwich
Jan 13, 2006

Call me Bucky

Reset_Smith posted:

Last Sunday I went and saw The Human Abstract, Scale The Summit, This Or The Apocalypse, and Across The Sun.

It's been four loving days and I still can't get over how great of a show that was :allears:

I've only recently been able to afford going to shows.
What do you all use to keep up to date on future gigs?
I just started messing around with SongKick, but is there anything better out there?

I hope The Human Abstract tour Australia, probably not but dammit Digital Veil is an amazing album

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ShoogaSlim posted:

I may not be straight edge

You used to be. Back when I first joined the forums you had a ridiculous "sXe" style avatar. :q:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

:stare: that was a long time ago...

Was it a fist with an X on it? I forgot I even had that drat avatar haha.

Who are you and why have you come to haunt me from my past?! :cry:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ShoogaSlim posted:

Who are you and why have you come to haunt me from my past?! :cry:

Dammit, I can't find it now. But somewhere I have a really old picture of you at an All Out War show, leaning onto the stage shouting into Mike Score's mic with, I believe, a big black X Sharpie'd onto your hand. It's actually driving me loving crazy that I can't find this photo. I feel like I just saw it the other day. Maybe I deleted it. I admit this would have been a much better post if it was just that pic.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I know exactly what photo you're talking about. I wasn't sxe then, no x's on the hand..

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

This was posted in the Youtube thread, figured I'd share here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oLu7znwQ0

Those koalas are pretty fuckin brutal, some band should sample that poo poo in a song

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
I have a treat for you and I hope U like it. It gets a lot better after the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAiuXL-WFY

Very Parkway Drive-esque though more "brutal". I think they are from Switzerland. Oh here is another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9wxT1jDgQs

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

there was like five breakdowns in that song @_@

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

there was like five breakdowns in that song @_@

BOOOOOOOMM

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Since this thread hasn't been seeing any action in a while, allow me to present you with something to :lol: at...

Suicide Silence featuring Jonathan Davis.

What in the mother of gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4416lS77A

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Yeah could have done without JOnathan Davies tbh. Rest of the song is pretty badass.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Actually that whole song sucks pretty bad.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Yeah the whole song is pretty bad, along with the rest of Suicide Silence's sound for the past two/three albums unfortunately. I was really into them in the beginning. Ah well.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Eight Is Legend posted:

This is from a bit back but He Is Legend have a real southern vibe on It Hates You.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

This is from a bit back but He Is Legend have a real southern vibe on It Hates You.

I really dig me some He Is Legend. Most people think they peaked with I Am Hollywood, but I think I prefer Suck Out The Poison (I think I'm the only person that feels that way). Hollywood is a VERY close second, with It Hates You being my least favorite.

\/ My buddy hooked me up with a copy of Exoplanet. Good poo poo, right thurrr.

XIII fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 11, 2011

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

They've probably been mentioned before, but you should definitely check out Exoplanet by The Contortionist if you haven't yet. Freakin awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nov3l4lgShM

Think
Sep 20, 2005

ShoogaSlim posted:

Since this thread hasn't been seeing any action in a while, allow me to present you with something to :lol: at...

Suicide Silence featuring Jonathan Davis.

What in the mother of gently caress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4416lS77A

Oh my god, what the gently caress is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Traitorous Leopard posted:

They've probably been mentioned before, but you should definitely check out Exoplanet by The Contortionist if you haven't yet. Freakin awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nov3l4lgShM

Exoplanet is seriously loving awesome.

New Unearth is out everyone, and it sounds like...unearth! If you like unearth (like me) you'll like it a lot :)

If not, move along.