Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Graviija posted:

Can anyone help me figure out why the Darker Nights part of Electro-City is so freaking inconsistent for me? Sometimes is works, and sometimes it just shuts down (IE returns to vanilla nights, which look awful). It even happens while it's already night - like a light switch going off in the sky.

I don't get it. I have it in the right load order (at least according to the readme that came with the mod). Seems to happen a lot once I approach the central part of the map.

Are you running it with a weather mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you running it with a weather mod?
You know, I used to be running it with Nevada Skies, but before this playthrough, I uninstalled everything. The weather is completely vanilla right now.

I just installed a different, separate darker nights mod, which seems to be working all right. Doesn't quite get the satisfying pitch-blackness I could get with the Electro-City version that emphasized lighting so beautifully, but it works.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Armory 2.0 question:
How do I install the new (gun) mods? I can't use the X key, and there does not seem to be any indication anywhere. :saddowns:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Graviija posted:

You know, I used to be running it with Nevada Skies, but before this playthrough, I uninstalled everything. The weather is completely vanilla right now.

I just installed a different, separate darker nights mod, which seems to be working all right. Doesn't quite get the satisfying pitch-blackness I could get with the Electro-City version that emphasized lighting so beautifully, but it works.

Do you have the night vision perk? It gives perma cateye but is wonky so it flips back and forth.

Edit: oh wait, no Nevada Skies, never mind.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Just bought the game and read the OP. Question: I want to download Nevada Skies, which file(s?) do I need to download here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35998 ? There are like ten different ones and it's kind of confusing.

Also any other recommended ones for my first time through to better the experience?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

err posted:

Just bought the game and read the OP. Question: I want to download Nevada Skies, which file(s?) do I need to download here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35998 ? There are like ten different ones and it's kind of confusing.

Also any other recommended ones for my first time through to better the experience?

At a minimum, you must download Nevada Skies 0.6 and the 0.6.3 ESP. If you have the Honest Hearts DLC, you should probably download that file as well.

New Vegas is honestly a pretty solid game on its own. No mods are necessary to make the game enjoyable. In fact, you might want to just roll with a couple of graphics mods like Nevada Skies and Ojo / Poco Bueno textures and see how vanilla suits you.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I grabbed the revised perk pack (should be in the OP), but which version should I use from within. I put the one "Revised Perks UPDATED", but dunno if the correct one since it has three perks for night vision at the very top.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

I grabbed the revised perk pack (should be in the OP), but which version should I use from within. I put the one "Revised Perks UPDATED", but dunno if the correct one since it has three perks for night vision at the very top.

What is the revised perk pack? I'm not finding it on the Nexus.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What is the revised perk pack? I'm not finding it on the Nexus.

I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that it's the edit you made to More Perks.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
The newer versions of the Poco Bueno pack seem to add an unbearably long opening animation to cash registers every time you try to loot one. Does anyone know what file the animation is in?

Edit: and, can I easily delete the animation file without breaking the rest of the texture?

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm using Arenovalis' Texture Pack together with Project Nevada and Weapon Mods Expanded, and the guns seem unnaturally shiny and glossy. Should it be that way or is something wrong with my game install?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

T-man posted:

Armory 2.0 question:
How do I install the new (gun) mods? I can't use the X key, and there does not seem to be any indication anywhere. :saddowns:

You have to use the mods that come with the game in most cases, though I think there's one or two instances where we used stock ones and also note that not every mod works with every weapon. Use this list to check out what fits where.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Pitch posted:

The newer versions of the Poco Bueno pack seem to add an unbearably long opening animation to cash registers every time you try to loot one. Does anyone know what file the animation is in?

Edit: and, can I easily delete the animation file without breaking the rest of the texture?

I thought that EVE was the one that added those?

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Alright, now I'm pissed. NVSE jut updated to Beta 9 so I should be ready to play after an empty weekend. Nope, I got the "You are using a new version of Fallout than NVSE" message again.
I have NEVER gotten this message before the patch last week (due to my lazy playing schedule) and the only thing I have done is check for any mod updates for what I normally have and ADD Project Nevada. Could my load order even possible be at fault?

ClassicPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
FalloutNV.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
UHNV.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
Feng Shui - Keymap Template.esp
Color Me Evil.esp

Any pointer where to look could save my poor miserable life. (Cause I'm not enjoying Project Nevada.)
Thanks,

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Captain McStabbin posted:

I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that it's the edit you made to More Perks.

Huh...if that's the case, Rirse, those night vision perks aren't coming from the revised More Perks mod. Maybe a weather mod or something?

Elliotw2 posted:

I thought that EVE was the one that added those?

I'm not running EVE, myself, and I noticed this too. It's seriously like 8 or 9 seconds long.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Smuggins posted:

Alright, now I'm pissed. NVSE jut updated to Beta 9 so I should be ready to play after an empty weekend. Nope, I got the "You are using a new version of Fallout than NVSE" message again.
I have NEVER gotten this message before the patch last week (due to my lazy playing schedule) and the only thing I have done is check for any mod updates for what I normally have and ADD Project Nevada. Could my load order even possible be at fault?

Any pointer where to look could save my poor miserable life. (Cause I'm not enjoying Project Nevada.)
Thanks,

Are you sure you're overwriting all of the NVSE files when you install newer versions? I had a similar problem because I made the mistake of installing Steam to Program Files (x86) on Windows 7. Everything would copy over except for NVSE_Loader.exe. I found that starting up the computer and replacing the files before starting up Steam / NVSE / New Vegas allowed me to make changes that I otherwise couldn't.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Huh...if that's the case, Rirse, those night vision perks aren't coming from the revised More Perks mod. Maybe a weather mod or something?

I'm not running EVE, myself, and I noticed this too. It's seriously like 8 or 9 seconds long.

I had the weather mod installed. Guess they didn't properly fit it in the perk table then.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anyone happen to know what mod this coat is from?

I saw it listed in the Nevada Skies images and I'm assuming it's not apart of the mod itself. Hopefully there happens to be a male version of it.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

fennesz posted:

Anyone happen to know what mod this coat is from?

I saw it listed in the Nevada Skies images and I'm assuming it's not apart of the mod itself. Hopefully there happens to be a male version of it.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37633

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Are you sure you're overwriting all of the NVSE files when you install newer versions? I had a similar problem because I made the mistake of installing Steam to Program Files (x86) on Windows 7. Everything would copy over except for NVSE_Loader.exe. I found that starting up the computer and replacing the files before starting up Steam / NVSE / New Vegas allowed me to make changes that I otherwise couldn't.

I think my major mistake was installing it with FOMM, I never did that before and I got on a roll updating things. Now that I deactivated and removed the old and put in the new Beta 9 everything crashes.

I have a bad feeling I'm heading for a re-install if some file went wandering.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Just download it and install it manually, your NVSE obviously didn't update correctly and if it was via FOMM it's probably because you weren't running the program as admin. The problem you are having isn't due to a hosed mod folder or anything, although installing a bunch of poo poo at once without testing periodically is asking for problems.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

SheepNameKiller posted:

Just download it and install it manually, your NVSE obviously didn't update correctly and if it was via FOMM it's probably because you weren't running the program as admin. The problem you are having isn't due to a hosed mod folder or anything, although installing a bunch of poo poo at once without testing periodically is asking for problems.

Admin has never been an issue, taken care of a long time ago.

And no I was playing last week, I like to do things one mod at a time so I wasn't worried about just updates for a my small list, been playing since the program came out.
I just installed it like their page says (not moving the src folder since I am not a mod creator.)

I hit the Loader file in my New Vegas folder (NOT data) and BAM straight to stopped working message now.

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 11, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

You do need to copy the src folder, at least to my knowledge.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
MOved that src file, still DOA.

I don;t need to get it in FOMM somehoe now do I? Can;t see anything saying I would.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

FOMM really is just a utility that copies and deletes files and remembers the file structure of anything it has copied for easy deletion, the utility isn't referenced by the game at all except for archiveinvalidation purposes, so the method you use to copy things should be totally inconsequential. It's essentially a fancy zip/unzip utility that also has access to your mod file and is able to change your load order.

Theoretically if the zip file you have is a working copy of NVSE and you are able to move all of the files to their proper spots in your New Vegas folder (not your data files folder) you should be fine regardless of whatever method you've used to install it in the past.

In all honesty I have never heard of anyone using FOMM to install NVSE, and I have a feeling it might've written everything to your data files folder or something instead of where it was supposed to drop the files.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 11, 2011

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

SheepNameKiller posted:

FOMM really is just a utility that copies and deletes files and remembers the file structure of anything it has copied for easy deletion, the utility isn't referenced by the game at all except for archiveinvalidation purposes, so the method you use to copy things should be totally inconsequential. Theoretically if the zip file you have is a working copy of NVSE and you are able to move all of the files to their proper spots in your New Vegas folder (not your data files folder) you should be fine regardless of whatever method you've used to install it in the past.

Then something else has gone off then. If I launch through Steam, FOMM, or the nvse loader it crashes right off the bat. The files are validated, no fragmentation, community enabled. Well crap.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

That sounds suspiciously like it might be a missing master file, are you able to download and run NVEdit from the OP?

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Never used it before, downloaded and started now.

[00:09] Background Loader: [Feng Shui.esp] Loading file
[00:09] Background Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error. Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified>

This may be a smoking gun since this is waaaay early in my mod list. Removing feng shui for now.

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 11, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

If it is a missing master or a mod problem it will tell you exactly what file is missing upon startup. If your game is not launching at all and is crashing on startup it's a missing master 90% of the time, obviously if you are able to get in game and it says that NVSE is outdated then it is an NVSE problem and NVEdit won't help. I have to say that I'm not sure exactly which you are having, because it sounds like you might've had two at first.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

It might also be worth checking your load order to make sure FalloutNV.esm is still loading before everything else, I noticed with the most recent patch that the update process screwed up its position in my load order and was causing my NVEdit to produce false errors.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Feng Shui was broken, I would never have used NVEdit just from being stubborn, and now files are replaced/fixed and everything is running fine.

Figures Feng shui is the only brand new thing I added outside of Project Nevada.

Now I must go become the Wastelands version of Jonah Hex, with cyberware..weeeeeeeee!

THANK YOU!

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

No problem, I'm glad you were able to fix everything right up.

On an unrelated note - to those who were talking about Powered Power Armor earlier, it looks like NVSE beta 9 made the mod usable again. The mod author and the author of NVSE confirmed it was being broken due to a change in NVSE after the patch breaking the disablecontrol function that the mod utilizes, which was fixed in the most recent update.

I'm glad because PPA is a must have mod for me pretty much.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Rirse posted:

Well I'm off to a "great" start. Talk to Sunny Smiles and she doesn't even move, causing the very first quest to not even work. What in the world could cause this to happen?

______

Yea, my first meeting with her is shot as well (She just says let's finish what we are doing and get a drink, even after the disable/enable), and the disable/enable does nothing. Time to start using these tools and see if there is a conflict somewhere.

Bah I am finding no conflict with her triggers or speech. Double Bah

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 11, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Smuggins posted:

Rirse posted:

Well I'm off to a "great" start. Talk to Sunny Smiles and she doesn't even move, causing the very first quest to not even work. What in the world could cause this to happen?

______

Yea, my first meeting with her is shot as well (She just says let's finish what we are doing and get a drink, even after the disable/enable), and the disable/enable does nothing. Time to start using these tools and see if there is a conflict somewhere.

Bah I am finding no conflict with her triggers or speech. Double Bah

If you are using the mod that lets you visit Fallout 3, disable the DLC for it! That what was causing her to not work on my end.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

If you are using the mod that lets you visit Fallout 3, disable the DLC for it! That what was causing her to not work on my end.

My load order is a page off but none of that kind of stuff is going on, I'm thinking it's a Project Nevada or World of Pain.

DR_Bob84
Apr 13, 2009

Smuggins posted:

My load order is a page off but none of that kind of stuff is going on, I'm thinking it's a Project Nevada or World of Pain.

World of pain got bloated and added a lot of unnecessary poo poo to EVERY town/outpost. Get rid of it. I used to like it too just for the extra places to visit/shoot up/loot but the guy just keeps adding stupid crap. The undergound is also the worst.

ScarletOHara
May 21, 2007

Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open.
Does anyone have an advice on which UI mod I should use with project nevada? Every time I install/activate DNUI Project Nevada decides to stop working.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Pitch posted:

Answering my own question in case someone else wanted to try this. Deleting the cashregister.nif file in meshes/clutter removes the new loot animation but leaves the upgraded texture intact. It doesn't appear to break anything.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ScarletOHara posted:

Does anyone have an advice on which UI mod I should use with project nevada? Every time I install/activate DNUI Project Nevada decides to stop working.

I've actually been contemplating the same thing. A lot of the UIs I looked at seemed to be bloated with a lot of unnecessary poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

fennesz posted:

I've actually been contemplating the same thing. A lot of the UIs I looked at seemed to be bloated with a lot of unnecessary poo poo.

DarnUI works if you install PN first, then replace the PN inventory,pipboy and something else with the DarnUI files. Basically start replacing things with Darn files until PN complains, then roll back one file