Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Any bets as to which movie this might be referencing?

Hopefully Robocop.

"Tastes like babyfood!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

Where shorts always $.99? I Just ordered a bunch of them.

A few of the longer ones have been 2 dollars (like "William's Doll") but they haven't done one of those in a while.

CatanZZZ
Jul 1, 2003
Hex squares n sheep
My husband Sam and our friend Rob just released a new iRiff! Are you ready to go Commando?

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/commando-presented-sam-rob

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Got an email about the next live show and apparently they're airing a couple more Lowtax animated shorts. Nice to see that there's still a good partnership going on.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw it on Facebook, but the Rave theater I'd see it at (Manchester, CT) doesn't show the tickets for sale yet.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
From their site:

Tickets go on sale for RiffTrax Insiders on Friday, July 8th. Become an Insider for free.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 15th. Sign up for an email reminder.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Golbez posted:

From their site:

Tickets go on sale for RiffTrax Insiders on Friday, July 8th. Become an Insider for free.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 15th. Sign up for an email reminder.

How do you become an insider? Every time I click the link it brings me to the same page every time. I even turned off the pop-up blocker just in case.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree
Just enter your zip code in the top right corner of this page:

http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/rifftrax_giantkiller.aspx

And it will show you the theaters that are broadcasting the event, and you can buy tickets then.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tickets on sale to general public 7/15

:argh:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't see this on Twitter until it was too late, but Micheal J Nelson had a Q/A on these very forums, and they didn't even link to it in this topic:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3423843

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

rereedrumr posted:

Just enter your zip code in the top right corner of this page:

http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/rifftrax_giantkiller.aspx

And it will show you the theaters that are broadcasting the event, and you can buy tickets then.

I did that, but tickets for my venue are not available yet. :(

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Getting dragged to Transformers 3 tomorrow, so in preparation I decided to watch the riffs of 1 and 2 tonight.

Halfway through 1 now and the riff is better than I remember it being. Conversely, the movie is a lot worse than I remember it being.

Can't wait until I get to Revenge of the Fallen.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I love the riff for the first one. Then again, that wasn't a terrible movie. So I tried watching the riff for Revenge of the Fallen. Jesus Christ, it was agonizing. The riff was pretty funny, while far from being my favorite. The movie is just so incredibly dull, though, and goes on for way too long. I turned the riff off halfway through and never finished watching it. I'm surprised I got through that drat movie in the theaters once, but I definitely couldn't a second time.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

IUG posted:

Didn't see this on Twitter until it was too late, but Micheal J Nelson had a Q/A on these very forums, and they didn't even link to it in this topic:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3423843
Wow he really doesn't like Transformers!

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

GreenNight posted:

Tickets on sale to general public 7/15

:argh:

No, they are on sale for everyone. The "insider" thing is needlessly confusing. There's not a password or anything. It was just a way of making it seem exclusive.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

rereedrumr posted:

No, they are on sale for everyone. The "insider" thing is needlessly confusing. There's not a password or anything. It was just a way of making it seem exclusive.

Thanks for the heads up! Just placed my order.

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

The devourer of worlds demands a Moon Pie to satiate his hunger!
Speaking of Q&As, I'm interviewing Mike tomorrow at 2PM Central. It's only a 10 minute interview, but if anyone has anything particularly insightful they'd like me to ask, feel free to throw it at me.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Bought The Crater Lake Monster, and enjoyed it - it had that proper late-period MST3K feel, to the extent that if Mike had called Kevin or Bill "Tom" or "Crow" I wouldn't have registered anything wrong about it. And the monster was really rather sweet and endearing - much more so than any of the human characters. Seriously, filmmakers, you're really going to spend the majority of your time with a pair of ambiguously gay drunken redneck imbeciles who spend far too much time wrestling in the mud?

EDIT: also, towards the end of the movie they suddenly reveal that six months or so have passed since the meteor landed. It would have been nice if this had been suggested in any way whatsoever. A fadeout? Shot of a calendar? Anything?

Small Strange Bird fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 11, 2011

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.

IndieRockLance posted:

Speaking of Q&As, I'm interviewing Mike tomorrow at 2PM Central. It's only a 10 minute interview, but if anyone has anything particularly insightful they'd like me to ask, feel free to throw it at me.

Is that interview going to be broadcasted on a website of some sort? I'd love to get a link to the stream if it is.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Anyone see the Mystery Message short? That was pretty funny "Just deliver it to the address, Problem Solved", I was thinking that just before he said it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Payndz posted:

Bought The Crater Lake Monster, and enjoyed it - it had that proper late-period MST3K feel, to the extent that if Mike had called Kevin or Bill "Tom" or "Crow" I wouldn't have registered anything wrong about it. And the monster was really rather sweet and endearing - much more so than any of the human characters. Seriously, filmmakers, you're really going to spend the majority of your time with a pair of ambiguously gay drunken redneck imbeciles who spend far too much time wrestling in the mud?

EDIT: also, towards the end of the movie they suddenly reveal that six months or so have passed since the meteor landed. It would have been nice if this had been suggested in any way whatsoever. A fadeout? Shot of a calendar? Anything?

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread when that first came out that apparently the movie had a ton of problems in post production.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

muscles like this? posted:

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread when that first came out that apparently the movie had a ton of problems in post production.
Post-production was probably where the least of its problems occurred. :haw:

IndieRockLance
Jan 29, 2003

The devourer of worlds demands a Moon Pie to satiate his hunger!

Gravity Works posted:

Is that interview going to be broadcasted on a website of some sort? I'd love to get a link to the stream if it is.

No, it's just a regular old print journalism interview.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

So, in the last six months or so, I've only watched the Airbender and Twilight riff. Can someone recommend some gems to me?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Saeka posted:

So, in the last six months or so, I've only watched the Airbender and Twilight riff. Can someone recommend some gems to me?
I personally loved the Star Wars 3 riff because they capture why the prequel series is so loving awful. You may appreciate it as you seem to be a Star Wars fan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saeka posted:

Check out Birdemic, its fantastic(ly bad.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So this has nothing really to do with anything other than I watch a Rifftrax Short usually every work night (I watch off my iPhone while eating dinner), but I think I have a new favorite Short.

[url=http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/down-and-out]Down and Out[/i]
Watch a human being behaving in a way that no person who has ever owned a human body act out injuries. It's an old work safety video that would be funny on it's own without the Riff, which means they go extra harsh on the film. At least watch the video, if not to spend the dollar.

EDIT: vv Sweet, more dinner fodder. I'll be ordering those, plus maybe the first live show (even if I didn't go to it).

IUG fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 12, 2011

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Haven't seen this mentioned, but according to Amazon, their are two new Shorts DVDs to be released next week: "Shorts to Go" and "Olde Tyme Shorts Roundup".

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Finally, the horrendous Paper short from House on Haunted Hill Live is out. Now they just need to release the one on Grass.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Saeka posted:

The Star Wars holiday special. Its amazing in an awful way

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saeka posted:

Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny :gonk:

You'll regret it, but it's so worth it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tragedienne posted:

Now they just need to release the one on Grass.

WHAT AM I? :frogsiren:
(Still waiting for the blurays to ship on that).

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Santa And The Ice Cream Bunny :gonk:

You'll regret it, but it's so worth it.

I second Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. I got the DVD and love it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tragedienne posted:

Finally, the horrendous Paper short from House on Haunted Hill Live is out. Now they just need to release the one on Grass.

I work during the Live shows, so this is the first time I've seen it.

...It's kinda blowing my mind. I mean, what was the point of that breakfast scene and the 'pop the bag' scene, if not to make it seem like Willy was insane/possessed?

edit: Why no Coily jokes? :(

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 14, 2011

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Just bought tickets to see RiffTrax at the SF Sketchfest. Anyone else going?

Oh yeah, what exactly does Paul F. Tompkins do on the House on Haunted Hill DVD? He's one of my favorite comics.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Tells a long joke that doesn't really pay out, and does a short or two.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Cinematic Titanic tour dates announced: http://www.cinematictitanic.com/livetour.php

9/24/11 8:00 pm Best Buy Theater New York
10/15/11 8:00 pm Elgin Community College Elgin, IL
10/27/11 8:00 pm Lisner Auditorium Washington, DC
11/3/11 8:00 pm Nightingale Concert Hall, University of Nevada Reno Reno, NV
11/4/11 8:00 pm Mondavi Arts Center, UC Davis, CA
11/5/11 8:00 pm Wells Fargo Center for the Arts Santa Rosa, CA
11/6/11 8:00 pm Arlington Theatre Santa Barbara, CA
11/12/11 8:00 pm Meyer Theatre Green Bay, WI
12/30/11 8:00 pm Keswick Theater Philadelphia, PA
1/20/12 8:00 pm Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center York, PA
1/21/12 8:00 pm Grand Opera House Wilmington, DE
2/3/12 8:00 pm Belding Theater Hartford, CT
2/4/12 8:00 pm Proctor's Theatre Schenectady, NY
3/16/12 8:00 pm Carolina Theatre of Durham Durham, NC
3/17/12 8:00 pm Peace Center for the Performing Arts Greenville, SC
3/30/12 8:00 pm Victoria Theatre Newark, NJ
3/31/12 8:00 pm Victoria Theatre Newark, NJ
4/27/12 8:00 pm Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI
4/28/12 8:00 pm Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
Avoiding the southern US like we're the plague, thanks guys! :(

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

jedibeavis posted:

Avoiding the southern US like we're the plague, thanks guys! :(
After watching the Paper And I short, it's just because I assume it's just trees and paper mills down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

fenix down posted:

Cinematic Titanic tour dates announced: http://www.cinematictitanic.com/livetour.php

9/24/11 8:00 pm Best Buy Theater New York
10/15/11 8:00 pm Elgin Community College Elgin, IL
10/27/11 8:00 pm Lisner Auditorium Washington, DC
11/3/11 8:00 pm Nightingale Concert Hall, University of Nevada Reno Reno, NV
11/4/11 8:00 pm Mondavi Arts Center, UC Davis, CA
11/5/11 8:00 pm Wells Fargo Center for the Arts Santa Rosa, CA
11/6/11 8:00 pm Arlington Theatre Santa Barbara, CA
11/12/11 8:00 pm Meyer Theatre Green Bay, WI
12/30/11 8:00 pm Keswick Theater Philadelphia, PA
1/20/12 8:00 pm Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center York, PA
1/21/12 8:00 pm Grand Opera House Wilmington, DE
2/3/12 8:00 pm Belding Theater Hartford, CT