Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
Local PD (Charlotte/Mecklenburg NC) are now using Enduro/Dual Sport bikes...Thought CA might find it interesting. They gave up the big Harleys a few years ago in favor of BMW cruisers, now this.

This is a screen cap from my GpPro on my ride today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

DILLIGAF posted:

Local PD (Charlotte/Mecklenburg NC) are now using Enduro/Dual Sport bikes...Thought CA might find it interesting. They gave up the big Harleys a few years ago in favor of BMW cruisers, now this.

This is a screen cap from my GpPro on my ride today.

They use dual sports to patrol parts of the bay too.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Marv Hushman posted:

Seriously, in Cali? I thought that was about the price of a modest condo out there.

If BoJ would just regenerate a few more times, we could probably organize a group buy.

It was, then that whole housing collapse happened when people realized that a house in the rear end-end of nowhere, no matter how nice, wasn't actually worth 500k.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

Lots of people seem to really worship that Porsche consulted on that engine

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

DILLIGAF posted:

Seeing your posts here and on Rideit is confusing as hell :v:

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

lancemantis posted:

Lots of people seem to really worship that Porsche consulted on that engine

It is a pretty nice jab at the "purists".

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Weird, you don't see that many carbed ones with a big MIKUNI sticker.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

AncientTV posted:

Seeing your posts here and on Rideit is confusing as hell :v:

Must be my evil twin....:evil:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Someone uploaded Leather Boys on to youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiOgIuc5-eY&feature=related

The title sounds like a movie about gay bikers, but it's really an interesting slice of life British film from the mid 1960's about... a gay British biker. Well, there's one anyway.

Armyman25 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 9, 2011

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zHL5uxEOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5SIh9Q2new

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Classic%20Racers/suzuki_rk67.htm

50cc, 2 stroke, 2 cylinder, 14 speed, Suzuki GP bike.

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 9, 2011

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I remember reading about that bike. The ridiculous gearbox was so they could constantly keep the bike in its narrow powerband. Such a ridiculous bike, but so awesome.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Long way from home this one:

Spotted in Sydney CBD.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Wait around for that rider and offer to buy them a beer, the stories would be worth it.

Edit: wait, flat motor, bmw, never mind. It was shipped there.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

nsaP posted:

It was shipped there.

Well yeah, it's in Australia.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I know I posted about this way back when he was still in the design phase, and again when he was trying to work out the kinks, but he is now in production. He builds these to order and they are awesome.

I present to you the Desmohog. Ducatti 900ss Cylinders on a Harley BT lower end. His reason for doing it? Just Because.

http://crossbreedcycles.co.uk/default.aspx

(My host)

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
That is absolutely gorgeous.

I really want to have the time and skills to do a custom build like that at some point.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went to watch the pro flat track race in Hagerstown, MD last night. None of the pictures I took of the actual racing came out, but I took a few when my dad and I wandered the pits at the end of the race.

One of the Ducatis that was racing. Didn't make the main, but still cool to see them there.

The top 3 bikes about to get a post-race inspection. My dad and I talked to the winner, Kenny Coolbeth (#2), and he said he had no brakes by the end of the race. That might have been because he had the rotor glowing in almost every turn.

Johnny Lewis came in second riding this Kawasaki, which I'm pretty sure is using a Ninja 650 engine (maybe the 636?). He was an extremely fast rider, but he was definitely down on power from Coolbeth's factory-tuned Harley.

A close up of one of Bill Werner's Kawasakis. Bill Werner was a mechanic for the Harley teams for almost 40 years, then retired and started his own team using Kawasakis.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
That definitely looks like a 650 engine

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

lancemantis posted:

That definitely looks like a 650 engine

Yes, it is a 650 engine. It fits the rules for use, and he started using them as a way to make flattracking cheaper.

I thought I'd share this:

Pretty awesome, tire testing.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Holy hell that's awesome. Wanna get knee down on that.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Z3n posted:

Yes, it is a 650 engine. It fits the rules for use, and he started using them as a way to make flattracking cheaper.

I thought I'd share this:

Pretty awesome, tire testing.

Bearing in mind that trees don't tend to grow on angles.

Still looks like a hell of a lot of fun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Holy hell that's awesome. Wanna get knee down on that.

I don't know if you could go fast enough. The banking is so insanely steep. Maybe by cutting up and down it? I have no idea.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

I don't know if you could go fast enough. The banking is so insanely steep. Maybe by cutting up and down it? I have no idea.

Maybe YOU couldn't go fast enough :colbert:

Some of us have SV650's

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Just put the other knee down.

Next.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Lessons in trackday passing etiquette.

http://youtu.be/Hh1hCKSTAdA

To give a little background, the guy getting passed is a mod on the forum with lots of track experience and the "bad" example rider is another forum member loving around with him in I group; the "bad passer" regularly podiums in local WERA events.

PyxlWyz
Jan 9, 2007

nsaP posted:

Just put the other knee down.

Next.

:golfclap:

content: a shot of my honda ruckus in an urban setting

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

PyxlWyz posted:

:golfclap:

content: a shot of my honda ruckus in an urban setting

I saw a whole crew of these roll by the other day, at the clusterfuck of the Fairfax/Olympic/San Vicente intersection. All different colors, some stretched to like 12 feet long, it was hilarious.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

frozenphil posted:

To give a little background, the guy getting passed is a mod on the forum with lots of track experience and the "bad" example rider is another forum member loving around with him in I group; the "bad passer" regularly podiums in local WERA events.

You're goddamn right that looks like a bad pass...no tire transfer to prove you were there.

:v:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Long way from home this one:

Spotted in Sydney CBD.

Spotted in Sturgis SD:

Is that a NZ plate?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

frozenphil posted:

Considering how slow this guy is going compared to everyone else in the video and his poor choice of lines maybe he should be in a slower group.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

n8r posted:

Considering how slow this guy is going compared to everyone else in the video and his poor choice of lines maybe he should be in a slower group.

frozenphil posted:

the guy getting passed is a mod on the forum with lots of track experience

I think it was made as an example video.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

AncientTV posted:

I think it was made as an example video.

He was being sarcastic because it was a bad example due to differences in speed.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

You're goddamn right that looks like a bad pass...no tire transfer to prove you were there.

:v:

The video looks like it's ontop of his helmet, maybe it's me but it didn't seem that close. :v:
I was at a trackday riding int and the event organizer passed me close enough we touched and then he took someone else out infront of me. :v:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

n8r posted:

Nah, the speed differential is because a bunch of WERA racers signed up for the event and by some freak occurrence A was full and I wasn't, so they signed up for I instead. :v:
If you ever want to get humbled, go out on the track with people who actually podium in WERA, much less any pro class.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

clutchpuck posted:

Spotted in Sturgis SD:

Is that a NZ plate?

If that's a Harley Dyna, then yes. It's still registered, for some odd reason. :cthulhu:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I'd wager they had it shipped for the Sturgis Black Hills Rally. Annual attendees don't gently caress around :)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

clutchpuck posted:

Spotted in Sturgis SD:

Is that a NZ plate?

The perspective in this shot is screwing with me, that tank looks like it's far off in the distance and 4 stories high.

content:

SaucyPants
May 7, 2007

All the cool kids are watching FIM. Why aren't you?
I am sick of seeing all these amazing tracks you guys get to ride. Here is a video of my local track to help you understand why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJR5EVIkpQE

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Started going through some post-processing Photoshop tutorials using some of my TT pic's. Tried some faux-HDR type tutorials and had a few nice results

First one didn't seem to come out too well, has a bit of extra 'pop' to it though

original: http://i.imgur.com/1gChM.jpg

This one came out better, maybe a tiny bit too 'gritty' if anything. I like how the colours came out though.

original: http://i.imgur.com/apAbn.jpg

The others I tried doing I just couldn't get right, all ended up being really noisy. Probably going to try going through a few more tonight, I'll post any that come out nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ducks
Oct 11, 2005

Coming to a pond near you
http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Video/moments-casey-stoner-moto-gp-021243047212056

MotoGP turns at 1000FPS (HQ fullscreen this)

Ducks fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 12, 2011