Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

webmeister posted:

I don't think I've ever listened to a modern album for this long before :psyduck:

Yeah same here, I think I've done a full listen through about 30 times at this stage. Also not getting the love for Power, one of my least favourites on the album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

http://twitter.com/#!/kanyewest/status/87858648331718656

Kanye just tweeted the album cover and preorder link to https://www.watchthethrone.com. From what I could tell, still no dates attached.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Checked the play counter: Gorgeous is sitting on the throne and it's not even close. Power comes in 3rd.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah same here, I think I've done a full listen through about 30 times at this stage. Also not getting the love for Power, one of my least favourites on the album.

I like Power okay, but it's not nearly as uplifting and empowering as I feel it should be. I think Kanye went way harder in the Good Friday Power Remix. That has one of the best verses he's ever laid down.

Speaking of Good Friday, I am completely infatuated with "See Me Now" feat Beyonce and Charlie Wilson...like, listening to it 15 times a day infatuated. One of the absolute greatest hooks ever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What was this Good Friday release, some sort of leak?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What was this Good Friday release, some sort of leak?

Go to Kanye's website and scroll down past the videos, above the cover/link to Fantasy. You will see 2 rows of song titles and artist names. Those were the G.O.O.D. Friday releases. He put out one song every week for a while. Monster used to be up there, but isn't anymore. They're all free to download.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I hadn't heard the Good Friday remix of Power until today, and I vastly prefer the album version. It's kinda hard to keep an open mind since Power's my favourite track on the album but I feel like the Good Friday version is way more schizophrenic than the final version, which feels a lot tighter and more focused.

Although Kanye's second verse where he drops that line in Arabic is pretty cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Go to Kanye's website and scroll down past the videos, above the cover/link to Fantasy. You will see 2 rows of song titles and artist names. Those were the G.O.O.D. Friday releases. He put out one song every week for a while. Monster used to be up there, but isn't anymore. They're all free to download.

Cool, thanks. Also that Watch The Throne cover is horrible.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Cool, thanks. Also that Watch The Throne cover is horrible.

horribly awesome...When I get my copy, I'll put it on a chain and wear it like some bling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lu_ducky posted:

horribly awesome...When I get my copy, I'll put it on a chain and wear it like some bling.

It reminds me too much of that atrocious CG cover for an old Iron Maiden album that we musn't speak of.

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 5, 2011

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

webmeister posted:

I hadn't heard the Good Friday remix of Power until today, and I vastly prefer the album version. It's kinda hard to keep an open mind since Power's my favourite track on the album but I feel like the Good Friday version is way more schizophrenic than the final version, which feels a lot tighter and more focused.

Although Kanye's second verse where he drops that line in Arabic is pretty cool.

Instrumentally/musically I defniitely prefer the album version, but man, Kanye's second verse. He just kills it and goes on foreverrrr. I love it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

It remind me too much of that atrocious CG cover for an old Iron Maiden album that we musn't speak of.

hahaha oh god.

you just had to remind me and I had to go out and find it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

webmeister posted:

I dig the remix, if only for the line "To be continued, we on that Norman Mailer poo poo / In search of the truth, even if it goes through Taylor Swift"

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
nevermind...

nbv4 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 6, 2011

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

some kid posted:

1) NO CHURCH IN A WHILE - sick beat with heavy drums… frank ocean sings a hypnotizing melodic hook … jay-z has a great verse… theres a sick bridge with sorta distortiony like effects… sounds like what kanye did with bon iver on monster sort of… there were animal noises in the outro too… probably my favorite song on the album it was loving amazing
2) LIFT OFF - really good synths beyonce has a killer hook and kanye and jay both had pretty good verses on it i dont really remember them though… should be a mainstream success… all the bitches in the room when nuts when it was playing hahah
3) THAT poo poo CRAZY - HIT BOY PRODUCED its a ridiculous beat sorta like a better version of drop the world and more swagged out… samples blades of glory in one part quoting will ferrel at the beginning and goes “there is one song we will skate too… and one song only…” then the song starts… pretty dope verses from what i could tell should be a favorite its an absolute banger
4) OTIS REDDING - probably my other favorite song from the album… poo poo was amazing… soul sample for hook and chopped up the sample for the beat and it just builds up really well and is amazing… kanye has an ill verse and it is top 3 on the album
5) not sure of the name - mentions RZA in it so i think it was produced by him… there is a piano/sample driven beat… the sample is weird at first but it meshes really well … its sorta a weird vocal effect (the sample) and i dont really know what it was but the beat turned out very well… one of the deeper songs on the album and kanye reflects on his wrongs in life and how he wants his kids to grow up ego free and loved by everyone and jay reflects on the drug game
6) LIVING SO ITALIAN - loving amazinggggg… samples POR TI VOLARE!!!! no dj pauly d… its just a really laid back fun song and its super good i really really liked it they just rap over por ti volare basically
7) WHO GON STOP ME - This is where i got confused two songs were played in a row and i didnt know if it was two songs or just a beat change but i think it might jsut be one super long song… the first part is a cool soul sampke and ye and jay bounce off eachother… then the second part (possibly new song?) is a ridiculous club banger sounds like lex luger but refined and sophisticated and it just gets you so hyped and kanye has distortion when he says “who gon stop me” again and again … really great jay verse on this song
8) MURDER TO EXCELLENCE - sorta an african soul sample i would describe it as and it talks about black on black violence and talks about the murders in chi town and the violence in iraq… the beat switches up part way through i remember … don’t remember what the second part sounds like tho
9) SWEET BABY JESUS - drum baseed beat with sorta airy zoned out synths layered over it … frank ocean sings the hook talking about jesus and what not … kanye has amazing verses on this song and has some good lines
10)WHY I LOVE YOU SO - least favorite song for me… mike dean said it needs work hahahha … the beat is sick but the hook is kinda annoying … jay and ye have good verses though its very mediocre to me…

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

atrus50 posted:

6) LIVING SO ITALIAN - loving amazinggggg… samples POR TI VOLARE!!!!

Hahaha.

I wonder how it will compare to this other sample of Por Ti Volare - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiGxV18ZLoY

Ebjan
Feb 20, 2004

This is the only album since A Long Hot Summer came out that I never skip a track. Even Rihanna's no singing rear end on All of The Lights grew on me. This is my favorite album by him, I just couldn't get into 808. Maybe I should give it another try.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Ebjan posted:

This is the only album since A Long Hot Summer came out that I never skip a track. Even Rihanna's no singing rear end on All of The Lights grew on me. This is my favorite album by him, I just couldn't get into 808. Maybe I should give it another try.

808 is like the black sheep of Kanye's discography, though I personally love it. If you want something that sounds more like MBDTF, check out literally any of his other albums. They all have hints of the MBDTF stylings.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

808 is my second favorite album of his, after MBDTF. In fact, my scale of favorite to least favorite with Kanye goes in the reverse order of release.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The supposed track list for Watch The Throne....

quote:

Supposedly this is the official tracklist

> 1.) No Church in The Wild (Feat. Frank Ocean)
> 2.) Lift Off (Feat. Beyoncé)
> 3.) Niggas in Paris
> 4.) Otis (Feat. Otis Redding)
> 5.) Gotta Have It
> 6.) New Day
> 7.) Prime Time
> 8.) Who Gon Stop Me
> 9.) Murder to Excellence
> 10.) Welcome to The Jungle
> 11.) Sweet Baby Jesus (Feat. Frank Ocean)
> 12.) Love You So (Feat. Mr Hudson)
> Bonus
> 13.) Illest Motherfucker Alive
> 14.) H*A*M
> 15.) That's My Bitch
> 16.) The Joy (Feat. Curtis Mayfield)

and Vevo put up the G.O.O.D. setlist (with only seven tracks though :/) from SXSW

http://www.vevo.com/goodmusic?source=carousel&position=1

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Woah, that's great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really hope Welcome To The Jungle is a cover of the Guns N' Roses song.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

How did Kanye get Otis Redding to feature?

And also back from the dead.

And also he's totally copying Intuition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKK5GCCrwA

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

atrus50 posted:

I'm expecting nothing less than an embossed gold cover for the vinyl release.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
The deluxe CD is gonna be in a metal case covered in (what will probably be a very thin layer) of gold. poo poo's so heavy that if you pre-order it, the shipping price is full fuckin $7

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Good idea, terrible mastering http://www.goodmusicallday.com/2011/07/kanye-west-vs-notorious-b-i-g-suicidal-thoughts-runaway-white-lotus-mashup/

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
OK: is

No Church In The Wild feat. Frank Ocean
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Njapa, M. Dean, F. Ocean, G. Wright, J. Loudermilk, P. Manzanera. J. Brown, J. Roach)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Papa George Music (BMI)/EMI Blackwood Music (BMI)/Bug Music|Heavens Research (BMI)/Blue Mountain Music Ltd. o/b/o Catherine’s Peak Music (BMI)/Universal Songs of PolyGram International, Inc./Universal Cedarwood Publishing (BMI)/Universal Music-MGB Songs (ASCAP)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA (ASCAP)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978 and 88-Keys for Keys Open Doors, LLC

Lift Off feat. Beyoncé
(K. West, S. Carter, J. Bhasker, M. Dean, S. Samuel)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Way Above Music (BMI)|Sony ATV Songs LLC (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/SPZ Music Inc. (BMI)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978, Jeff Bhasker, and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional Production by Q Tip and Don Jazzy
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Barford Estate, Sydney, AU
Additional programming by LMFAO, Anthony Kilhoffer and Hit-Boy for Very Good Beats
Mixed by Noah Goldstein, Mike Dean, LMFAO and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Seal, Mr Hudson, Don Jazzy, Bankulli and Ricardo Louis
Beyoncé appears courtesy of Columbia Records
Seal appears courtesy of Warner Bros. Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel]

Niggas In Paris
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Hollis, M. Dean, W. A. Donaldson)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Hit-Boy Music/U Can’t Teach Bein the shhh/Songs of Universal (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Produced by Hit-Boy for Hit-Boy Music Inc./Very Good Beats and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Co-Produced by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional Production by Anthony Kilhoffer
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Le Meurice, Paris, France
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Chauncey Hollis, Mike Dean, W. A. Donaldson]

Otis feat. Otis Redding
(K. West, S. Carter, H. Woods, J. Campbell, R. Connelly, K. Robinson, R. Hammond, J. Brown, J. Roach)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/EMI Robbins Catalog Inc. (ASCAP)/BMG Gold Songs/Hot Buttermilk Music, Inc. (ASCAP)/BMG Platinum Songs/First Priority Music (BMI)/Tufamerica Inc. d/b/a Swing Beat Songs (BMI)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA, Inc. (ASCAP)
Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Harry Woods, Jimmy Campbell, Reg Connelly, Kirk Robinson, Roy Hammond, James Brown, Joseph Roach]

Gotta Have It
(K. West, S. Carter, P. Williams, J. Brown, J. Roach, F. Wesley, T. Pinckney)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/More Water From Nazareth Publishing, Inc./EMI April Music, Inc. (ASCAP)/Dynatone Publishing Co. (BMI)/Intersong-USA, Inc. (ASCAP)/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Music Inc./Donna Dijon Music Publications/Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)
Produced by The Neptunes
Co-Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Tribeca Grand Hotel, NYC and (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Mixed by Noah Goldstein and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Kid Cudi
Kid Cudi appears courtesy of Universal Motown Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Pharrell Williams, James Brown, Joseph Roach, Tony Pinckney, Fred Wesley]

New Day
(K. West, S. Carter, R. Diggs, M. Dean, L. Bricusse, A. Newley)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Ramecca Music|Universal Music-Careers Publishing (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Richmond Organization o/b/o Musical Comedy Productions (BMI)
Produced by The RZA, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978 and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional production by Ken Lewis
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Le Meurice, Paris, France and Tribeca Grand, NYC
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional creative input: DJ Magnum
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Robert Diggs, Mike Dean, Leslie Bricusse, Anthony Newley]

That’s My Bitch
(K. West, S. Carter, K. Fareed, J. Vernon, J. Brown, B. Byrd, R. Lenhoff, J. Lordan)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Universal Music-Z Tunes (ASCAP)/April Base Publishing|Chrysalis Music (ASCAP)/Crited Music, Inc. (BMI). All rights administed by Unichappell Music, Inc. (BMI)/Regent Music Corp. (BMI)
Produced by Q-Tip and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Additional Production by Jeff Bhasker
Recorded by Andrew Dawson, Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI
Assisted by Gaylord Holomalia and Christian Mochizuki
Mixed by Q-Tip and Blair Wells at MSR Studios, NYC
Assistant Engineer: Chris Soper
Additional vocals: Ely Jackson, Connie Mitchell and Justin Vernon
Justin Vernon appears courtesy of Jagjaguwar Records
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Kamaal Fareed, Justin Vernon, James Brown, Bobby Byrd, Ronald Lenhoff, Jeremiah Lordan]

Who Gon Stop Me
(K. West, S. Carter, S. Joseph, M. Dean, J. Kierkegaard)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Sham Joseph Publishing Designee (BMI)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Sony/ATV Music Publishing (UK) Ltd. (PRS)
Produced by Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Additional Production by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional vocals: Mr Hudson
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Shama E. Joseph, Mike Dean, Joshua Kierkegaard]

Murder To Excellence
(K. West, S. Carter, K. Dean, L. Griffin Jr., S. Mescudi, Q. Jones, H. Mason Jr., J. Rosenbaum, C. Semenya, B. Summers, M. Modorcea, G. Modorcea)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Swizz Beats|Universal Tunes, a division of Songs of Universal (SESAC)/Vohndee’s Soul Music Publishing (ASCAP)/Papa George Music (BMI)/ Elsie’s Baby Boy|Kobalt Songs Music Publishing (ASCAP)/Universal Music Corp. o/b/o Warner Olive Music LLC (ASCAP)/Songs of Universal, Inc. o/b/o Warner-Barham Music LLC (BMI)/Imagem Sounds (ASCAP)
Produced by Swizz Beatz and S1 for Soul Kontrollaz Productions/Very Good Beats
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Real World Studios, Wiltshire, UK
Assisted by Mat Arnold
Mixed by Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Kid Cudi
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Kasseem Dean, Larry D. Griffin Jr., Scott Mescudi, Quincy Jones, Harvey Mason Jr. Joel Rosenbaum, Caiphus Semenya, Bill Summers, Mihaela Modorcea, Gabriela Modorcea]

Welcome To The Jungle
(K. West, S. Carter, K. Dean, M. Dean)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Swizz Beats|Universal Tunes, a division of Songs of Universal (SESAC)/Papa George Music (BMI)
Produced by Swizz Beatz for Swizz Beatz Productions
Co-Produced by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Additional production by Ken Lewis
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Tribeca Grand Hotel, NYC and (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Additional vocals: Swizz Beatz, Acapella Soul
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Kasseem Dean, Mike Dean]

Made In America feat. Frank Ocean
(K. West, S. Carter, S. Joseph, F. Ocean)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Sham Joseph Publishing Designee (BMI)/Bug Music|Heavens Research (BMI)
Produced by Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Anthony Kilhoffer at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Violin: Laura Escudé
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Shama E. Joseph, Frank Ocean]

Why I Love You feat. Mr Hudson
(K. West, S. Carter, M. Dean, P. Cerboneschi, H. Blanc-Francard, T. Camillo, M. Sawyer)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Papa George Music (BMI)/EMI Unart Catalog Inc. (BMI)/Kama Sutra Music, Inc. (BMI)/Because Editions o/b/o itself, Headbangers Publishing, Motor Bass and Love Supreme
Produced by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Real World Studios, Wiltshire, UK and Barford Estate, Sydney, AU
Assisted by Mat Arnold
Cello: Chris “Hitchcock” Chorney
Cello arranged by Mike Dean
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Mike Dean, Philippe Cerboneschi, Hubert Blanc-Francard, Tony Camillo, Mary Sawyer]

Illest Motherfucker Alive
(K. West, S. Carter, M. Dean, J. Luellen, S. Mescudi)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Papa George Music (BMI)/Southside Publishing Designee|Songs of Mizay (BMI)/Elsie’s Baby Boy|Kobalt Songs Music Publishing (ASCAP)
Produced by Southside for Mizay Entertainment, Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978 and Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Real World Studios, Wiltshire, UK
Assisted by Mat Arnold
Cello: Chris “Hitchcock” Chorney
Additional vocals: Kid Cudi, Bankulli and Aude Cardona
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Mike Dean, Joshua “Southside” Luellen, Scott Mescudi]

H•A•M
(K. West, S. Carter, L. Lewis, M. Dean)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc./Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Kimani/Mizay Entertainment, Inc./Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI)/Copyright Control
Produced by Lexus “Lex Luger” Lewis for Mizay Entertainment, Inc.
Co-Produced by Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Real World Studios, Wiltshire, UK and (The Mercer) Hotel, New York
Assisted by Mat Arnold
Cello: Christopher “Hitchcock” Chorney
Additional vocals by Aude Cardona and Jacob Lewis Smith
Creative Direction: Riccardo Tisci
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Lexus Arnel Lewis, Michael Dean]

Primetime
(K. West, S. Carter, E. Wilson, R. Simmons, L. Smith, M. Reid)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Let The Story Begin Music Publishing/Chrysalis Songs (ASCAP)/Universal Music Publishing (ASCAP)/Songs of Universal Inc. (BMI)
Produced by NO ID for Rich Daily Since ‘71
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Ernest Wilson, Russell Simmons, Lawrence Smith, Maureen. Reid]

The Joy feat. Curtis Mayfield
(K. West, S. Carter, C. Mayfield, P. Phillips, S. Mescudi, J. Cameron, J. Zachary)
Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Soul Brother #1 (ASCAP)/Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp. (BMI)/Universal Music-Careers (BMI)/The Numero Group (BMI)
Produced by Pete Rock for Soul Brother #1 Productions and Kanye West for Very Good Beats/Hip Hop since 1978
Additional Production by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions and Jeff Bhasker
Recorded by Anthony Kilhoffer at Avex Recording Studio, Honolulu, HI
Assisted by Gaylord Holomalia and Christian Mochizuki
Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions
Keyboards, Bass: Mike Dean
Additional vocals: Kid Cudi, Charlie Wilson and Pete Rock
[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Curtis Mayfield, Peter Phillips, Scott Mescudi, John Cameron, John Zachary]

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 19, 2011

Baron Patsy
Apr 9, 2006

I'M SPECIAL DAMMIT
a southside beat? sweet.

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
That album cover is my favourite thing ever - and I'm not being ironic either. I just think its really awesome.

I originally hated 808's, but over the last month or so I have been listening to it a bunch more and I'm loving it so much more now.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

poop posted:

That album cover is my favourite thing ever - and I'm not being ironic either. I just think its really awesome.

I originally hated 808's, but over the last month or so I have been listening to it a bunch more and I'm loving it so much more now.

It's his second best album and probably lends itself best to replays.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So was that review that claimed they had a song that sampled the Andrea Bocelli song bogus then :(

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

teacup posted:

So was that review that claimed they had a song that sampled the Andrea Bocelli song bogus then :(

That review was legit (it was a listening party...you don't get more legit than that), but they most likely did some song title changes.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
I'm relieved that the Flux Pavillion track is not going to be on there.

RollingBoBo
Aug 25, 2008

living that high life

a milk crime posted:

I'm relieved that the Flux Pavillion track is not going to be on there.

What track?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
something:

digital is droppin aug 1

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 20, 2011

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

RollingBoBo posted:

What track?

The second half of You Can't Stop Me or something was supposed to sample I Can't Stop. I think it would have been amazing, maybe it'll be a bonus track.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Official release date is August 1st.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Funkmaster Flex might play "Otis" at seven eastern

http://www.hot97.com/HotStream/index.aspx

Icen
Jun 1, 2007

Who is Josh Groban?! KILL YOURSELF!

atrus50 posted:

Funkmaster Flex might play "Otis" at seven eastern

http://www.hot97.com/HotStream/index.aspx

Did he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005

Icen posted:

Did he?

He's been teasing it on the radio show but it's up for download at inflexwetrust.com.

• Locked thread