Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, the mid-summer and late-December breaks are always two weeks long.

Anyone wanna take a bet on next week being a 3-dayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Vakal posted:

Anyone wanna take a bet on next week being a 3-dayer?

How long until he doesn't even do Thursdays at all?

Capisano
Sep 11, 2001

Brutal

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

So I'm guessing they're still on vacation this week, right?

I don't know how accurate this is. Source

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is that calendar correct for Jan-June?

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
No, they did a Thursday show before the break. Ohhh, bullshit.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
When Howard was grilling Gary about the calendar thing he did say 'So what Thursday are we working in December?' or something like that.

If we get screwed on a George week because of a three day work weeks I'll scream.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Reminder: the man in the photo is 57 years old.

I know it's harping but really, Howard? Goofy hat(on his curly haired head), 6 earrings, terrible sunglasses, an ill-fitting coat and jeans and at his age? You always hear how men age more gracefully than women but this one is fighting it kicking and screaming the whole way down.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Somebody photoshop a pony on that shirt and he's a goon!

Well, minus the money, fame, power and hot chick too, but still!

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Purse hiding the bent knee

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Shes Not Impressed posted:

The camera is well below them, and she's got her head all crooked down to get her good angle.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Capisano posted:

Accurate or not, you can't really count weekends as vacation days.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
When it's 4 days a week you can. ;)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Qaz Kwaz posted:

No, they did a Thursday show before the break. Ohhh, bullshit.

Still, that's a pretty cherry schedule. July and December would only have six shows for the entire month. Wow.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.

Capisano posted:

He's working 6 days in december! Id like to try that with my boss, see how well it works out.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Howard's making up for it

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

CapnPyro posted:

He's working 6 days in december! Id like to try that with my boss, see how well it works out.

I'd like his staff to tell him that they are only going to be there the days he is and see how Howard takes it.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I just wanted to remind you all that Howard Stern doesn't get any sort of Christmas gifts for his staff.

I bet Gary buys some giftcards or something for the staff, I wonder if that pisses Stern off.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 13, 2011

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Evil Agita posted:

I just wanted to remind you all that Howard Stern doesn't get any sort of Christmas gifts for his staff.

I bet Gary buys some giftcards or something for the staff, I wonder if that pisses Stern off.

His rant on this is so out of touch too: "you should be buying gifts for me!"

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Has Richard's wedding happened yet? He's my faaaavorite.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Capisano posted:

Do the staff still come to work and do things or are they getting paid(salary I would assume) to stay home if their work is done?

geera
May 20, 2003
The rumor has been that he'll eventually go to 3 days a week without alternating to 4 days, so that calendar might not be far off.

I don't listen to Sirius for music anymore, so it's going to be real hard for me to justify paying $13 per month to hear Howard live only 6 times for the whole month of December. I'm not sure I have the patience for 3 day weeks for the next 4 years, unfortunately. :smith:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

geera posted:

The rumor has been that he'll eventually go to 3 days a week without alternating to 4 days, so that calendar might not be far off.

I don't listen to Sirius for music anymore, so it's going to be real hard for me to justify paying $13 per month to hear Howard live only 6 times for the whole month of December. I'm not sure I have the patience for 3 day weeks for the next 4 years, unfortunately. :smith:

I don't see why people who bought Sirius just for Howard are still subscribing after Artie left personally. Once I found out that baby gorilla was gone for good I cancelled that poo poo quick.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

I don't see why people who bought Sirius just for Howard are still subscribing after Artie left personally. Once I found out that baby gorilla was gone for good I cancelled that poo poo quick.

With Artie gone and Bubba gone, it's been tough. I cancelled my internet streaming once they went to 3 day weeks. I would have cancelled it all, but I'm paid through December at less than 50% retail price. I'm only in the car about 20 minutes a day, so it's pretty worthless.

geera
May 20, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

I'm in my car at least an hour a day for my commute and even without Artie, Howard is still better than the local morning zoos on the radio. I used to justify the cost by comparing it to a movie -- $13 would buy me one movie a month, and up until lately I've felt like I get at least as much (but usually more) entertainment from Howard than I do going to a movie, so it was OK. This 3 day a week schedule, combined with a pretty bland show lately, is finally starting to push me over the "is this really worth it anymore?" line.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

geera posted:

This 3 day a week schedule, combined with a pretty bland show lately, is finally starting to push me over the "is this really worth it anymore?" line.

I think the 3-day schedule combined with his vacations will push people on the edge to cancel the service. When there's only a handful of live shows a month, not everyone wants to listen to reruns. People who subscribed for Howard will find other stuff to occupy their time and realize they actually don't need or want Sirius much.

I would have canceled by now if I didn't have a lifetime sub. As it is, I hardly ever listen to Sirius except for Howard, especially after the bullshit move with them killing apps that allowed streaming on i-devices.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Evil Agita posted:

He pays for the Christmas party I guess. That's better than nothing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
A Jewish man shouldn't really owe grown adults he works with anything for Christmas anyway. I know he is rich and all, but I don't get poo poo from my boss other then a paycheck.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, it kind of seems to me like getting the opportunity to work on the Howard Stern Show IS the present.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
This may just be my personal experience, but I have worked for a few large corporations in NYC and found that when you reach a certain salary level and are management, or a team leader, you buy your people gifts for Christmas. Its usually easy stuff like bottles of booze, gift cards or thumb drives, but it seemed to be the norm in NYC.

Not so much when I moved back down south.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

"Richard, this is your dad. Just letting you know that I got a new coon-skin tie for a Christmas bonus. Well, talk to you later."

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

AxeManiac posted:

A Jewish man shouldn't really owe grown adults he works with anything for Christmas anyway. I know he is rich and all, but I don't get poo poo from my boss other then a paycheck.

The Jewish thing doesn't play in, he married two Christian women. Beth sets up a christmas tree during the holidays.

And all I get from my boss is a check too, so I'm with you on that one. I'd love it if my boss hosted a christmas party or cook-out but he doesn't, and I bet Howards party is kickass with tons of good food.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

This may just be my personal experience, but I have worked for a few large corporations in NYC and found that when you reach a certain salary level and are management, or a team leader, you buy your people gifts for Christmas. Its usually easy stuff like bottles of booze, gift cards or thumb drives, but it seemed to be the norm in NYC.

I guess expecting gifts is always tacky and while he could give everyone great gifts, that has to be taxing or annoying. If I was in his place, I'd just give gifts to the people I actually considered my friends, which with Howard is... how knows. Maybe his wife? I bet the cats get neat stuff at least.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Been listening non stop to ETM clips. Much thanks to Transmodiar for making this work week manageable without live shows.

One thing I thought that was pretty cool was the mention of that top ten list of midgets. They are were talking about this old sa frontpage article
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/top-ten-midgets.php?page=2

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/13/artie-lange-howard-stern-show-sirius-radio-comeback-directv-sports-nick-dipaolo-baby-gorilla/

Hell yeah

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
^^drat you.

Apparently the one-off guest spot on Fox Sports Radio went well for Artie, and a full-time gig is in the works.

quote:

Sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations tell us Artie would team with his pal and fellow comedian Nick DiPaolo for the talk show.

We're told the people behind "The Dan Patrick Show" are putting the deal together -- and like Dan's show ... Artie and Nick's would be simulcast on DirecTV and Fox Sports Radio.

It's not a done deal yet ... but we're told both sides are anxious to make it happen in time for a September premiere

Of course, this means that Howard somehow will feel threatened by this arrangement, ban DiPaolo from the show, and there will be even less mention of Artie.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

I think after they saw how hammered every online stream was that night they saw the potential.
Dan Patrick has a great show and his format is really good. I could see that working for Artie. I may like Nick more than anyone on here, but even I dont know if I could deal with him for 4 hours a day.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Artie needs to be on uncensored radio.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
That's exciting. I think he's an even bigger radio talent than he is a stand-up talent. It's too bad it has to be Sports Talk... doesn't really interest me, but still, I'll probably listen. I also find Nick really funny despite disagreeing with him on almost everything he believes.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, at this point, if Artie had a radio show, I would totally listen to it. I don't think I'd drop Stern, but drat, I really miss Artie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
It sucks that it'll be a censored show though, but I'm looking forward to it.