Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
Thanks for the advice guys, it'll give me something to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
What do you guys think of Masterpiece Rodimus? I heard it was very fragile, and a newer, cheaper Hasbro-made version is coming out after SDCC for the U.S. market, that will hopefully fix some of the original's problems (although it won't have the trailer, which isn't a dealbreaker for me). Is it worth waiting for? How much do we think the U.S. version will retail for?

I'm finally regretting selling my Transformers Classics versions of Rodimus/Hot Rod, Bumblebee, Mirage, Jetfire, and Ultra Magnus last year. Now it looks like the only way to get Rodimus again is a 2-pack version with Cyclonus (who I don't want), and there's a movie-style Bumblebee repaint. I really want those two and "Sergeant" Kup. I don't suppose anyone has them for sale or trade, or if I spring for the 2-pack, if anyone would trade Kup for Cyclonus?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

What do you guys think of Masterpiece Rodimus? I heard it was very fragile, and a newer, cheaper Hasbro-made version is coming out after SDCC for the U.S. market, that will hopefully fix some of the original's problems (although it won't have the trailer, which isn't a dealbreaker for me). Is it worth waiting for? How much do we think the U.S. version will retail for?

I'm finally regretting selling my Transformers Classics versions of Rodimus/Hot Rod, Bumblebee, Mirage, Jetfire, and Ultra Magnus last year. Now it looks like the only way to get Rodimus again is a 2-pack version with Cyclonus (who I don't want), and there's a movie-style Bumblebee repaint. I really want those two and "Sergeant" Kup. I don't suppose anyone has them for sale or trade, or if I spring for the 2-pack, if anyone would trade Kup for Cyclonus?

I have Rodimus and Bumblebee. Both open but were shelf display pieces only. Both have all accessories and instructions. What would be a fair price for both?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Anybody who likes this idea should try to track down the Shepard action figure (I found one easily at the local mall) and also wait to see how mine turns out. I'm a little doubtful about the included helmet still fitting on him, since the shape of his head will be a little different.

I'm definitely willing to give this a shot if you're serious.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I have Rodimus and Bumblebee. Both open but were shelf display pieces only. Both have all accessories and instructions. What would be a fair price for both?

The originals (non-repaints)? I'd Paypal you $30 right now, including shipping, but if you want to hold out for more, I'd understand.

I'll be checking this until I leave for work around noon, just in case, and then I won't be home until after 10 PM.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 7, 2011

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You know we have a whole Transformers thread right here, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The originals (non-repaints)? I'd Paypal you $30 right now, including shipping, but if you want to hold out for more, I'd understand.

I'll be checking this until I leave for work around noon, just in case, and then I won't be home until after 10 PM.

I'll dig them out when I get home to make sure everything is there.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I'm definitely willing to give this a shot if you're serious.

For sure. I like making custom figures but my projects are usually too elaborate and time-consuming to sell at a reasonable price. Since a head sculpt by itself is something I can typically knock out in a couple days, I can do this more than once.

I think I'm pretty close to done with the one I'm making now, but as I've layered more details the head grew slightly larger than I had hoped. Sometimes it's hard to gauge these things. It doesn't look comically bloated or anything, but at this point it looks like the helmet will be a no-go.

I'll try to wrap it up and get pictures in the next day or two.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well this is odd, my Classics Mossman smells very Pine-y. Somuch so the area where he is displayed has taken on the scent even when the figure is not there and it seems it's also spread to the surrounding figures. I don't think the 200X Mossman smelled because I don't rmember having this happen with my 200X figures.

So essentialy an entire shelf smells like pine. Not that it's a terrible smell, but I'm concerned when they release a figure like Stinkor who is supposed to smell awful intentionaly. Would there be a way to reduce the smell?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Just a heads up I'm clearing out some of my toys including MU figures and Arc Reactors, some of you may be interested!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3423632

Also this flash drive

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'll dig them out when I get home to make sure everything is there.

Let me know what you discover, and thanks for checking!

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
edit: n/m

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I don't mean to bug ya, Rhyno, but did you have any luck finding those Transformers? I have Bumblebee covered, but I'd be super-interested if you have a Rodimus (and possibly others)!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh hey, it's another Hot Toys Batman.

I particularly love Grumpy Batman on the end there.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Scowl, Scowlier, Scowliest

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I would buy a Hot Toys Odin just to be able to have Anthony Hopkins displayed on my living room. Honest.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

And Sideshow put up this hilariously amazing Hot Toys two-pack of Scarecrow and Demon Batman, which sold out in like three hours (they were originally Japan only convention exclusives from a few months back). Given the response here and in Japan, I'd be surprised if there's not another Scarecrow announced in the next year or so that actually has a Cillian Murphy head.

Unless they think the Bat Demon was the draw here and make one with ooze you can push out of his mouth.

Ka0 posted:

I would buy a Hot Toys Odin just to be able to have Anthony Hopkins displayed on my living room. Honest.

You are in luck, then.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

If anyone is looking for them, the new "The Terminator" figures by NECA are out now. The T1 Tech Noir T-800 looks good, but I think I prefer the Arnold headsculpt from the T2 figures. The new headsculpt for the Endoskeleton is great though, and the new silver paint they used looks really nice.
Picked up an endoskeleton at TRU yesterday, NECA's quality control is loving garbage.

Now, some backstory. I have the McFarlane T-800. I liked it, although it was fragile. The headsculpt was cool though. The NECA one came out, the body was a lot better but the headsculpt was poo poo. So I kit-bashed parts from the NECA and McFarlane ones to make 1 good endoskeleton, and I was happy.

Saw the new endo at TRU yesterday. They had 3 on the pegs. The headsculpt IS a lot better, so I was interested in getting it, but the paint on the heads of 2 of them were garbage and ruined the sculpts. Sloppy apps on the black so it obscured half the head, or sloppy painting on the red eyes, etc.
So I got the one that sucked the least, because hey it still looked pretty good and I liked the headsculpt.

I get it out of the packaging, and the arms are bowed outwards at the elbows. Like, they're not straight, they're bent out unnaturally. My other NECA endo doesn't have that problem with the arms. Also the first time I bent the right arm at the elbow, the joint snapped.

Okay, says I, this isn't a big deal. I pop the arms off below the shoulder joint and I'm ready to swap them for the arms on my kit-bashed endo. No problem.
But then I get the smart idea to test the leg joints, too. They're stiff, but the right leg is okay. I get the knee working, I can move the leg forward and back, and I can move it in and out.
Try the same thing with the left leg and it snaps off at the hip. :negative:

So I figure I can just pull the head off my kitbashed one and swap it for the new good NECA headsculpt. But before I go loving with my kitbashed one, I at least have the forethought to get the head off the new NECA one to see if I can even do it. I disconnect the "hoses" near the jaw, I pop the head off the balljoint and disconnect it from the pistons, I get one of the two pistons out from the collarbone, but the other one tears off when I try to do the same.

Jesus christ, NECA.

I'm definitely going to return this one to TRU. Despite all the mangling, I actually managed to pop most of it back together so it doesn't look like a jumble of random parts. Although the thought did cross my mind to make some kind of diorama of the ending to 'The Terminator' with the endoskeleton pursuing Sarah Connor when it's just a torso and missing an arm and poo poo.
I'm hesitant to get a replacement though. I'm pretty happy with my kitbashed one, and the sheer number of ways the new one just completely fell apart on me is really disheartening.

On the topic of action figures, I'll just leave this here.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 11, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pictures tonight of my Kevin Flynn -- finally came in (stupid Canada Post strike delayed everything). Have to use my iPhone though as my other camera doesn't have it's memory card. Had to work but my god, it looks AMAZING!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here is the Hot Toys Kevin Flynn.

So. loving. Amazing. Wow.

I hope down the road they do a classic version of him from Tron 82 - they NAILED his face and hopefully we see that. Love this figure, he's sitting on my desk right now and as a programmer myself, a little inspirational to have the man. :)

FLYNN LIVES

I love the little details in the cloth here.

The base is SUPER bright, looks beautiful.

AHH WHAT THE gently caress :lol:

It took about 20 or so minutes to get him in and out into the black clothing, getting the jackets over the arms was the toughest part. Plus one of the little clips on the inside for the first jacket (there is three layers on black, two on white) got a bit bent so I had to resort to super glue so it holds. Not a biggie.

The boots have really nice details too, super slick.

Same details as the white jacket.

Overall, 11/10, what a perfect figure from Hot Toys. Now to play the waiting game for the Superman Reeve figure, that is going to make me weep like a little baby.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

PRETTY

I'd be really tempted to get a little EL tape/wire so his clothes could light up like in the film. That's really, really nice. One day, I want to be able to throw money away at such pretty things.

Hot Toys should get on a Doctor Who licence. Or not. I'd be broke.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

All right, I finally finished my Spaceman Shepard action figure.

The thing that makes Spaceman special, and the hardest thing to capture, is the sheer madness in his eyes. Believe me when I say it makes every scene in Mass Effect that much more awesome.

The only alteration I made to the figure aside from making a new head was painting his neck to match. It was originally painted black, probably just to make him look better with the helmet on. The helmet doesn't fit on the new head, though.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Spaceman Shepard action figure.

This is amazing

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy poo poo, that custom head is spot-on to the screenshots you posted. Nice job!

Also I stopped by my local comic shop and got the new Batman: Arkham Asylum "Poison Ivy" figure, it's pretty excellent. :)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mad Sheps are the Best Sheps.

Still don't get why the second set was cancelled before the first even made it to stores but hey, I'm just bitter because I liked the look of that Legion.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nico Bellic -- spaceman.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I didn't remember who Nico Bellic was so I looked it up and yeah, there's a resemblance.

I didn't have anybody in mind when I created Spaceman, but now if I had to cast him in a movie I'd pick this guy. Not a dead ringer, but he could definitely rock the biker mustache and psycho stare. Great actor, too. I'd cast him in a Mass Effect movie in a heartbeat. And get fired.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Finally did some shuffling of attic stuff, found a few random McFarlane figs I forgot I had, like Kaneda and Tetsuo (from Akira), the Hansen Brothers (Slap Shot) and the MacKenzie Brothers (Strange Brew). They're loose, I have accessories but I couldn't tell or care whether I've got all of them.

Is anyone interested at all or is this garage sale fare?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sentinel Red posted:

Still don't get why the second set was cancelled before the first even made it to stores but hey, I'm just bitter because I liked the look of that Legion.
The second set got canceled because it took so long for the first set to get to stores. Bioware was extremely displeased with how DC Direct handled the first series and how long it took for them to come out, so they said "this is bullshit" and pulled the plug on the second series and are currently shopping around for a different manufacturer who won't take like a year and a half to release a set of 4 figures.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Looks like Lady Gaga finally found a use for all those extra Bullseye neck things.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

The second set got canceled because it took so long for the first set to get to stores. Bioware was extremely displeased with how DC Direct handled the first series and how long it took for them to come out, so they said "this is bullshit" and pulled the plug on the second series and are currently shopping around for a different manufacturer who won't take like a year and a half to release a set of 4 figures.

So... there is hope for Spaceman's drinkin' buddy after all?? The irony is that while they "shop around" those drat things could probably already be on shelves, since the prototypes have been good to go for months.

P.S. I have begun construction on a renegade Shep-face for DJ Turbo Punch... stay tuned...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I didn't remember who Nico Bellic was so I looked it up and yeah, there's a resemblance.

I didn't have anybody in mind when I created Spaceman, but now if I had to cast him in a movie I'd pick this guy. Not a dead ringer, but he could definitely rock the biker mustache and psycho stare. Great actor, too. I'd cast him in a Mass Effect movie in a heartbeat. And get fired.

Jesus christ, Clifton Collins Jr, that's a perfect match and I bowled over on my desk here at work. :3:

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Djarum posted:

Looks like Lady Gaga finally found a use for all those extra Bullseye neck things.

I saw this picture on a gossip site earlier and I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canada Post being on stike made it feel like xmas everytime I got a new package. I totally forgot I ordered the below figures. These came in today and are from Neca's 20th anniversary of Tron from back in 2002. So retro and kitschy. I want to get a lightcycle too but they are a bit expensive for me at the moment.

Kevin Flynn

Tron

Warrior

Sark

Checking out the back looks like only 10,000 were ever made.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Those are awesome in a kitschy retro way. Are they the same size as the old star wars figures?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Man, I had the ORIGINAL Tron and Sark figures back when I was in elementary school in the mid '80s! They are 3 3/4", the same size of vintage Star Wars and G.I. Joe figures, and they're completely translucent. The reissues look identical in every way.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The special sale going on at Matty Collector apparently has sufficent stock.

They have a dozen MOTU figures that are not re-issues still in stock including Zodak, Battlecat and Panthor. You can pickup both He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Evil-Lyn, Trap jaw, as well as some others too.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Vintersorg posted:

Canada Post being on stike made it feel like xmas everytime I got a new package. I totally forgot I ordered the below figures. These came in today and are from Neca's 20th anniversary of Tron from back in 2002. So retro and kitschy. I want to get a lightcycle too but they are a bit expensive for me at the moment.

Kevin Flynn

Tron

Warrior

Sark

Checking out the back looks like only 10,000 were ever made.

10,000 is a lot though. Even items with a 3,000 item run don't go up in value :shobon:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Finally! Been waiting so long for Clawful and in two weeks he will be at my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vaerai Archon posted:

The special sale going on at Matty Collector apparently has sufficent stock.

They have a dozen MOTU figures that are not re-issues still in stock including Zodak, Battlecat and Panthor. You can pickup both He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Evil-Lyn, Trap jaw, as well as some others too.

Thank you! Wanted to get the He-Man and Skeletor figures for so long but they have been priced insanely. Was going to get Cringer too but $30 is a little more than I want to spend for one figure.