Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Konec Hry posted:

I made a thread in GBS about Spotify in USA but it got gassed :confused:

I included some invite codes there but have them instead if you want (not that there's a lack of codes)

Thanks, used c3AP94RNfLzqn3rG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ericIII
Apr 8, 2001
I code for food.

spincube posted:

Here's a few invitations. I loving love Spotify :)

bB6gThyhhxhBhd8A

Thanks, used this one!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Used fuC6ABTHzMLksarG, thanks!

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
Used bBMWHYXR3DG56Gqq. Big thanks.

Shadowborn
Jun 2, 2007

Ripe with radiation!
My invites have just been piling up since everyone I know already has an account, so here's a bunch for you guys!

b7FF8b4HtPz8h326
abuSV4h5Ju8RW9Jm
ak8guYxzsf3TUwZ9
eAuS2ySC2EtwnFXE
anKHT3ysaS9SgdZE
bC5megX4DEGGxWYr
bZnh6U64bwdcRVKL
aVxTb7xKrcTmwZCS
cUV5rquH9V7SNqPJ
aBNDdpDZE3nBfBSB

mimetic poster
Jan 13, 2009

by Lowtax

spincube posted:

edSX7gHqS5ee8AHu
Thanks a lot, used this one.

polaroid android
Jul 25, 2006

spincube posted:

c4yG4wyERA5g8Xq2
edSX7gHqS5ee8AHu
bB6gThyhhxhBhd8A
bYmP6ns5tdWgE9M8
cEZfqSDutLycmyLu
bg8rEnEK3G3f3SdD
cen6wnTNR4fPKnpx
fHdDzg9en7KGNET3
chHEGYA4hrMsPqPS
fqAWNydy9U8BpCeR
fLCP78GpAFrwGB3M
eWbAAseqFzGebK9H
eYbJadmRPmAZWHYJ
cbNy7qUh8Secahn9

Thank you! Used fLCP78GpAFrwGB3M

NumbersAndNoise
Jan 13, 2005

Nothing but numbers and noise.

spincube posted:

Thanks, used fHdDzg9en7KGNET3

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

spincube posted:

Thanks! I used chHEGYA4hrMsPqPS

Peacec
Feb 25, 2006

Shadowborn posted:

My invites have just been piling up since everyone I know already has an account, so here's a bunch for you guys!

Used aBNDdpDZE3nBfBSB. Thank you!

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!
I've listened to the same song like 9 times in a row with Spotify Free and it hasn't said I've hit a limit. So it's after 6 months then?

EDIT Oh, dur, it even says so on Wikipedia.

Dr. Glasscock fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 14, 2011

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Shadowborn posted:

b7FF8b4HtPz8h326
abuSV4h5Ju8RW9Jm
ak8guYxzsf3TUwZ9
eAuS2ySC2EtwnFXE
anKHT3ysaS9SgdZE
bC5megX4DEGGxWYr
bZnh6U64bwdcRVKL
aVxTb7xKrcTmwZCS
cUV5rquH9V7SNqPJ
aBNDdpDZE3nBfBSB

Used bZnh6U64bwdcRVKL.

Thanks!

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

Shadowborn posted:

b7FF8b4HtPz8h326
abuSV4h5Ju8RW9Jm
ak8guYxzsf3TUwZ9
eAuS2ySC2EtwnFXE
anKHT3ysaS9SgdZE
bC5megX4DEGGxWYr
bZnh6U64bwdcRVKL
aVxTb7xKrcTmwZCS
cUV5rquH9V7SNqPJ
aBNDdpDZE3nBfBSB

Used abuSV4h5Ju8RW9Jm Thanks!

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
Grabbed anKHT3ysaS9SgdZE. Much obliged.

Picardy Beet
Feb 7, 2006

Singing in the summer.
Another batch of invites :

(All used)

Enjoy !

Picardy Beet fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 14, 2011

Nathan Wind
Nov 10, 2003
starring NATHAN WIND as COCHESE
just used
eJhqBDEWrTmbAAf9
thank you!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

bG9zsgArmP3mRMVU
used thanks a bunch

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.
The desktop app seems pretty terrible. I can't believe that there's not any sort artist list to help you filter through stuff. It seems like this would make finding stuff in even a moderate size collection rather annoying. It looks like the mobile app is even worse, it just crams it all under "Starred". Do they expect you to put every artist or album in a playlist manually? Or do people that use this just stick stuff in playlists and never really listen by album or artist?

It also tried to import my iTunes library without asking me. I stopped it and removed iTunes from the sources list, but it's still there in my sidebar with a few of my albums showing up and I'm not sure if deleting that will have any consequences.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

b4UbKhFzhqMVJZEc

Used, thank you.

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

ionn posted:

agYRKh94ArULBZSW

Just used this one--thanks!

Cripple Fight
Sep 5, 2006

Couldn't find a GBS thread for some charity so:

all gone

Oae Ui posted:

I can't believe that there's not any sort artist list to help you filter through stuff. It seems like this would make finding stuff in even a moderate size collection rather annoying.

You can sort it by artist or just enter something in the filter box.

quote:

It looks like the mobile app is even worse, it just crams it all under "Starred". Do they expect you to put every artist or album in a playlist manually? Or do people that use this just stick stuff in playlists and never really listen by album or artist?

Basically yes. The app isn't very good as anything more than just a combination of streaming with some synced files. You can change what gets synced though but your local files are in a single playlist to tick, so you can't sync anything separately within that without making a playlist.

I believe search always prioritises local files though.

quote:

It also tried to import my iTunes library without asking me. I stopped it and removed iTunes from the sources list, but it's still there in my sidebar with a few of my albums showing up and I'm not sure if deleting that will have any consequences.

I've just tried it and deleting something from spotify has no effect on the actual files. I think it caches them too (it certainly does on the mobile one) so if it's still there it will go eventually.

Cripple Fight fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 14, 2011

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Cripple Fight posted:

fHPMXwEmYqmhhwqM

Used this token, thanks!

Butt Frenzy
Jul 29, 2004

Cripple Fight posted:

bAHL9HzUzzSZMuAr

Used. Thank you!

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

So...how do I use this. I want to see popular genre playlists, see similiar artists, etc. Right now as I understand it all you can do is search for a specific artist or album?

edit: found the related artist feature, still would like to search for say "country playlists".

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

Cripple Fight posted:

cWLXzTywKgW32MUu

Used, thanks.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Cripple Fight posted:

cV2y6kgxuJkkrEUN

Used this, thanks!

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

Cripple Fight posted:

bAHL9HzUzzSZMuAr
aVdnA2b8NWVuaxhW
ax8cFqdAN6a8aG2F
cWLXzTywKgW32MUu
dCcVGDFWzBcegqZJ
e7CcetbCuxXLtY6F
e5GrPAY4eX6f8UyK
fHPMXwEmYqmhhwqM
aH5UwLAZN8CRAGMM
cWXZJ22BCTYZgDJU
fp8H2paEEYDncJL6
cV2y6kgxuJkkrEUN
d9CR7p9MPZgCPUk5

Thanks, used cWXZJ22BCTYZgDJU

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

Is there a built-in means of finding each week's new releases? I'm spoiled by Rdio's comprehensive list of new releases, and I can't seem to find an equivalent in Spotify.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Cripple Fight posted:

bAHL9HzUzzSZMuAr
aVdnA2b8NWVuaxhW
ax8cFqdAN6a8aG2F
cWLXzTywKgW32MUu
dCcVGDFWzBcegqZJ
e7CcetbCuxXLtY6F
e5GrPAY4eX6f8UyK
fHPMXwEmYqmhhwqM
aH5UwLAZN8CRAGMM
cWXZJ22BCTYZgDJU
fp8H2paEEYDncJL6
cV2y6kgxuJkkrEUN
d9CR7p9MPZgCPUk5

I took ax8cFqdAN6a8aG2F, thanks man! Or woman!

Cripple Fight
Sep 5, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

So...how do I use this. I want to see popular genre playlists, see similiar artists, etc. Right now as I understand it all you can do is search for a specific artist or album?

edit: found the related artist feature, still would like to search for say "country playlists".

http://www.google.com/search?q=spotify+playlists (Obviously most of these will be European-based but give it time)

https://www.spotify.com/us/about/features/advanced-search-syntax/

quote:

You can combine any number of parameters and operators to perform your query.

genre:techno year:1990-1995
artist:”grateful dead” year:1965-1970
genre:techno OR year:1995
genre:techno OR year:1995 NOT scooter

Tutu posted:

Do UK invites work for the US, cause I've got tons of these things.

Yes it's the same: "If you have an invitation, you can invite friends to Spotify Free if they live in Sweden, Norway, Finland, the UK, France, Spain, The Netherlands or the US. "

Cripple Fight fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 14, 2011

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

edit: yes, they do.

eRn9VVktfDhH5BzZ
dbX2DRqhDZAeAMag
dAB7mtnpgJyCFgCS
cntJLzkXMFHW7NXZ
fy9f7TAzWVhstC7L
fC2KsxSuxtLq6SwD
d37fnCauun27fynR
ayTcmRnWwnZ2xwFS
bXM8DCH34CWtphsT
akpq879G33At6Z62
feEB9HSxbCNZZqAa

will add some more in a bit if these get used.

Blaisedell fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 14, 2011

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Oae Ui posted:

The desktop app seems pretty terrible. I can't believe that there's not any sort artist list to help you filter through stuff. It seems like this would make finding stuff in even a moderate size collection rather annoying. It looks like the mobile app is even worse, it just crams it all under "Starred". Do they expect you to put every artist or album in a playlist manually? Or do people that use this just stick stuff in playlists and never really listen by album or artist?

To filter by artist, click the 'Artist' column header in the search results box. e.g. search 'queen', click 'Artist' column header, scroll through to Queen songs.

The artist and album names in the search results listings are also hyperlinks, so you can click that to go to either the artist overview/discography page or the album tracklist - e.g. search 'queen', click 'Queen' hyperlink in Artist column, go to Queen overview page.

rckstar79 posted:

Is there a built-in means of finding each week's new releases? I'm spoiled by Rdio's comprehensive list of new releases, and I can't seem to find an equivalent in Spotify.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the 'What's New' section in the left-hand column brings up a grid of new releases and the Spotify twitter feed (mixed in with your friends' shared music if you link to facebook).

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
edit: ^^^^^what he said

Oae Ui posted:

It looks like the mobile app is even worse, it just crams it all under "Starred". Do they expect you to put every artist or album in a playlist manually? Or do people that use this just stick stuff in playlists and never really listen by album or artist?

I don't know if I'm misreading you or not, but it's entirely possible to play by album in the mobile app (not play by artist though :( ).

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

spincube posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the 'What's New' section in the left-hand column brings up a grid of new releases and the Spotify twitter feed (mixed in with your friends' shared music if you link to facebook).

It looks like those are just a handful of albums... rdio has a list of what's been released by release date, sorta like an rss feed:

Not a gamebreaker, though.

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.

spincube posted:

To filter by artist, click the 'Artist' column header in the search results box. e.g. search 'queen', click 'Artist' column header, scroll through to Queen songs.

The artist and album names in the search results listings are also hyperlinks, so you can click that to go to either the artist overview/discography page or the album tracklist - e.g. search 'queen', click 'Queen' hyperlink in Artist column, go to Queen overview page.

I see that you can do this, but I was hoping for a way to browse starred artists/albums without having to type anything into the filter box. Scrolling through a list of all your songs, even when sorting by artist, feels a lot slower than scrolling through just a list of artists and clicking on one to see all of their songs/albums.

Konec Hry posted:

I don't know if I'm misreading you or not, but it's entirely possible to play by album in the mobile app (not play by artist though :( ).

It looks like you can play by album, but you have to search for it first. This doesn't really work well if you have the device in a car mount and are trying to switch albums at a stop light.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Tutu posted:

eRn9VVktfDhH5BzZ
dbX2DRqhDZAeAMag
dAB7mtnpgJyCFgCS
cntJLzkXMFHW7NXZ
fy9f7TAzWVhstC7L
fC2KsxSuxtLq6SwD
d37fnCauun27fynR
ayTcmRnWwnZ2xwFS
bXM8DCH34CWtphsT
akpq879G33At6Z62
feEB9HSxbCNZZqAa

I used d37fnCauun27fynR, thank you!

Dr. Glasscock
Apr 15, 2004

HOO-DAH!!! Fatal Wiimote blow to the face, 20 points!
The desktop client doesn't appear to remember column widths of searches which is annoying. Also the Play Queue apparently has "active" and "passive" elements (yellow and white respectively) which act really weird. I play one song from the Transformers 2 soundtrack and it passively queues up the entire album to play 4 times. Doesn't make sense.

QWERTTY
May 26, 2009

Maui Wowie

Tutu posted:

eRn9VVktfDhH5BzZ
dbX2DRqhDZAeAMag
dAB7mtnpgJyCFgCS
cntJLzkXMFHW7NXZ
fy9f7TAzWVhstC7L
fC2KsxSuxtLq6SwD
d37fnCauun27fynR
ayTcmRnWwnZ2xwFS
bXM8DCH34CWtphsT
akpq879G33At6Z62
feEB9HSxbCNZZqAa

Used cntJLzkXMFHW7NXZ

all codes below it are used also.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

rckstar79 posted:

Here is the official Spotify New Releases playlist:
http://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/3Yrvm5lBgnhzTYTXx2l55x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

dxe6p9ZusMG3hGHT
eLnRgcbJcs5t9Atq
bggGsy7PcCY8RMwZ
cz4X7HLgapcRHZ8U
a3RMWTFFtNca3Hp6
cL5y8cJVA8uk2ZXy