Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

quote:

SAFC always get their man.

I can't believe the pulling power that we now have. It's reminiscent of the grim days when Keegan first took over the scum.

Utterly outstanding work by Brucie/Niall/Ellis & Mags Byrne

A young sunderland fan getting a little bit carried away by the transfer dealings at the Stadium of Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

sticksy posted:

The news of Charlie Adam's signing has left me horizontal with delight.

The naysayers will be laughing, as has been easy to do at Liverpool for a while, but that might be the last laugh they have.

Adam will be worth countless points to Liverpool this season. He is part of a rare breed of midfielders that controls the tempo of the game. He is very strong on the ball, and has great vision for the pass. Further, being a Scot, he is the type of player who loves the cold and ice of England. This will be particularly useful in those Dec-Jan-Feb months when teams just need to keep the wins ticking over. Couple this signing with Kenny's 'win each game' attitude and I think we shall see a wonderful mix of strong defending and 'Hollywood' style play from Liverpool this season. He probably won't win you a Champs League, but we aint in one. An absolutely perfect Premier League signing.

Now, with Adam pulling the strings in the midfield and with the indefatigable Lucas alongside him breaking up attack after attack, expect plenty of goals in this Liverpool side. With no Champs League or Europa to tire the squad out, I think we will win around 23-25 games this season - enough to put us in the title race.

Charlie Adam might just be the most important signing in 20 years.
Hard to argue with this lad.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pissflaps posted:

A young sunderland fan getting a little bit carried away by the transfer dealings at the Stadium of Light.

To be fair, back in the late 90's our transfer policy was "Fall out with good right back, buy shittier right back to replace him" for three seasons in a row so anything is a step up

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

To be fair, back in the late 90's our transfer policy was "Fall out with good right back, buy shittier right back to replace him" for three seasons in a row so anything is a step up

To compare signing a player from a relegated team, a Korean, some untried young striker and pastit united cast-offs to the truly seismic transfers that Newcastle pulled off in the 90s is extremely naive.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

When Keegan was first appointed they were bottom of the second division so that sounds pretty good!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

When Keegan was first appointed they were bottom of the second division so that sounds pretty good!

He means Keegan's first spell managing Newcastle, rather than the beginning of his time there.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

He means Keegan's first spell managing Newcastle, rather than the beginning of his time there.

Are you sure Pissflaps, because signing Wes Brown doesn't make me think "breaking British transfer record"

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Are you sure Pissflaps, because signing Wes Brown doesn't make me think "breaking British transfer record"

...which is probably why I posted it in the thread titled "The neverending Weekend Web thread for bad posts about football".

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Fuk u poo poo faced pompey skates im southampton 2 i die so fuk off nd go out of buissnes coz the saints dominate the south coast. its gonna be the st valentines day massacre all over again for the pompey skates

has to play

alryt u wanna play hard ball, fine i'll loving PLAY HARD BALL!! U SCUMMERS HAVE PISSED US OFF FROM THE VERY loving BEGINNING, SO U CAN CALL US SKATES BUT U A loving BUNCH OF INCEST, MOTHER loving, COCK SUCKING IMBRED TOSSERS!!!! ur symbol makes absoluteley no sense watsoever it was made for the actual football team, ours was made for the entire city, and fratton park is better than ur shithole, SO gently caress OFF U oval office BASTARD!!!

twice next season

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

well if you where so inteligent you woudnt be there but your from cardiff so your thik as poo poo and scor today proves we a better team by a 1-0 victory jacks for life and cardiff well your a prity lovely city that shuld be built in balck and whight and also for that twat below we can afford tickets cas over 17,000 swans fans a a pritty poo poo 1,400 cardiff we love our city unlike you jelouse bule bird basterds who all ways try to get one better but never get a team better than swansea

jacks!

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nikolai Fuckharin posted:

Fuk u poo poo faced pompey skates im southampton 2 i die so fuk off nd go out of buissnes coz the saints dominate the south coast. its gonna be the st valentines day massacre all over again for the pompey skates

has to play

alryt u wanna play hard ball, fine i'll loving PLAY HARD BALL!! U SCUMMERS HAVE PISSED US OFF FROM THE VERY loving BEGINNING, SO U CAN CALL US SKATES BUT U A loving BUNCH OF INCEST, MOTHER loving, COCK SUCKING IMBRED TOSSERS!!!! ur symbol makes absoluteley no sense watsoever it was made for the actual football team, ours was made for the entire city, and fratton park is better than ur shithole, SO gently caress OFF U oval office BASTARD!!!

twice next season

Why can't we all get along :(

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Alex_R posted:

Why can't we all get along :(

When they fill in Swanwick with houses they'll be the same city with two clubs. That'll be fun

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

BigJimSlade
Sep 18, 2004

In the event of zombie apocalypse, this thread comes equipped with BIG JIM SLADE!
i'd like to be their landlord

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
let's see what hearts fans think about craig thomson being a convicted (child) sex offender. Surely they're all outraged.

quote:

Some posters would be better informed if they google "age of consent in European countries" and see that Spain has an a.o.c. of 13 while many others are only 14. I would imagine many fans from Europe would wonder what all the fuss is about.

Next time your in Spain getting served breakfast or a drink.................................

quote:

I wlll bet you any money you like that many more children's lives are ruined or completely snuffed out by drivers than by any internet sex pest.

quote:

I am led to believe that the girl involved was actually his girlfriend at the time(dont know her age) and this has all been blown out of proportion by her parents going to the police/press.

oh.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Even with age of consent does the UK have a minimum age gape? My state does, you can't be 4 years old or some poo poo. loving incredible those posts. Welp cya

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The UK has no ruling over say a 17 year old having sex with a 15 year old, but I think in most cases the parents probably wouldn't report the 17 year old to the police. Having said that, if you're over 18 and in a position of trust its always illegal if the other person is under 18.

Also those posts are loving shocking and the age of consent in another country should have absolutely no bearing on any case here.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Gr31lly posted:

let's see what hearts fans think about craig thomson being a convicted (child) sex offender. Surely they're all outraged.

oh.

He was tricked by young sluts!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

kri kri posted:

Even with age of consent does the UK have a minimum age gape? My state does, you can't be 4 years old or some poo poo. loving incredible those posts. Welp cya

Your typo here made me laugh more than it should have :)

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Jova - boswell
Riera - paid 8m, sold ~5m
Leto - paid <2m sold for 5m
Gonzalez - 2m
Zenden - boswell

it is easy to see the problem.... :o

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
mods? Jean-Marc Boswell, 9th Laird of Auchinleck. thanks

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I once got an incorrect in a Trivial Pursuit game because I answered Marc Bosman instead of Jean-Marc. I was livid.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The Mash posted:

I once got an incorrect in a Trivial Pursuit game because I answered Marc Bosman instead of Jean-Marc. I was livid.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

Jose posted:

The UK has no ruling over say a 17 year old having sex with a 15 year old, but I think in most cases the parents probably wouldn't report the 17 year old to the police. Having said that, if you're over 18 and in a position of trust its always illegal if the other person is under 18.

Also those posts are loving shocking and the age of consent in another country should have absolutely no bearing on any case here.

A 17-year old having sex with a 15 year old would be illegal but it would be a different crime than if he was having sex with a 12 year old, I can't remember the specifics but it's definitely a less bad crime.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The law in England and Wales is difficult because the Sexual Offences Act 2003 was a horribly written piece of legislation.

Lord Justice Rose posted:

If a history of criminal legislation ever comes to be written it is unlikely that 2003 will be identified as a year of exemplary skill in the annals of Parliamentary drafting.

Basically;
  • Anyone having sex or sexual contact with a child under 13 faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment

• Anyone in a position of trust having sex or sexual contact with a person between 13 and 18 they reasonably believe to be over 18 is fine legally.
  • If the belief is found to be unreasonable then they face a max. sentence of 6 months if they go to a Magistrates Court, or 5 years if they go to the Crown Court and have a Jury Trial.

• Anyone else having sex or sexual contact with a person aged between 13 and 16 and who they reasonably believe to be over 16 is also fine.
  • If you're over 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 14 years imprisonment.
  • If you're under 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 5 years imprisonment on indictment, 6 months summary.

It works out that if you're 89 and have sex with a 14 year old who you reasonably believed to be over 16 then that's legal, but two 15 year olds having sex together are both breaking the law. But the CPS would never prosecute because they were told not to as soon as the Act passed, because everyone knows that would be stupid.

This is a lot of words about some poo poo posts about a poo poo football player who's a poo poo.

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 15, 2011

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
It's ok, literally everything to do with Scottish football or the SPL since the dawn of time has required a 46 page appendix.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

ibroxmassive posted:

The law in England and Wales is difficult because the Sexual Offences Act 2003 was a horribly written piece of legislation.

Basically;
  • Anyone having sex or sexual contact with a child under 13 faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment

• Anyone in a position of trust having sex or sexual contact with a person between 13 and 18 they reasonably believe to be over 18 is fine legally.
  • If the belief is found to be unreasonable then they face a max. sentence of 6 months if they go to a Magistrates Court, or 5 years if they go to the Crown Court and have a Jury Trial.

• Anyone else having sex or sexual contact with a person aged between 13 and 16 and who they reasonably believe to be over 16 is also fine.
  • If you're over 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 14 years imprisonment.
  • If you're under 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 5 years imprisonment on indictment, 6 months summary.

It works out that if you're 89 and have sex with a 14 year old who you reasonably believed to be over 16 then that's legal, but two 15 year olds having sex together are both breaking the law. But the CPS would never prosecute because they were told not to as soon as the Act passed, because everyone knows that would be stupid.

This is a lot of words about some poo poo posts about a poo poo football player who's a poo poo.

what if the 14 year old is mafia?

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Every year we almost bought an endless list of fantastic full potenzial player
Every year we need to sell before we can buy, but we can not sell and therefore do not buy
In every transaction someone else comes and takes every fantastic full potenzial player

I wanna open this topic to say goodbye to these fantomatic player:

GOODBYE, DEMBA BA!!!
GOODBYE, Kieron Westwood!!!

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

hey im new here and i was told this was the place to find other mls firms who are intrested in tear ups. if so please respond and if this is not the place please give me directions where i can find a place that does

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e- oops wrong thread

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 16, 2011

Ross From Friends
Apr 24, 2010

camoseven posted:

What should I be expecting from this ManU - NE game? Are both sides playing their best players? The only person I know is Rooney (and all I know is that he is a star, I don't know what his skillset is).

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

delicious beef posted:

A 17-year old having sex with a 15 year old would be illegal but it would be a different crime than if he was having sex with a 12 year old, I can't remember the specifics but it's definitely a less bad crime.

Half your age, plus seven. Simple.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Got a scoop here lads. I've just got back from a week's holiday in Brazil. I bumped into Brian Marwood in my hotel (he's over there negotiating a Tevez deal with Corinthians) and we got chatting. Despite the fact that he is a professional employed on sensitive business by a multimillion pound organisation, he understandably was keen to talk to me and tell me all the secrets about transfer deals that are going to be happening. He said that Nasri will sign next Tuesday afternoon, probably at around 4 or 5pm, and we are also looking likely to sign Messi as well. Finally, the other reason Brian was in Brazil is that we're hoping to coax Pele out of retirement to play centre forward (and captain) for our new franchise club 'Manchester City Cosmos', who will be based in New York.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Ross From Friends
Apr 24, 2010

pik_d posted:

Got a scoop here lads. I've just got back from a week's holiday in Brazil. I bumped into Brian Marwood in my hotel (he's over there negotiating a Tevez deal with Corinthians) and we got chatting. Despite the fact that he is a professional employed on sensitive business by a multimillion pound organisation, he understandably was keen to talk to me and tell me all the secrets about transfer deals that are going to be happening. He said that Nasri will sign next Tuesday afternoon, probably at around 4 or 5pm, and we are also looking likely to sign Messi as well. Finally, the other reason Brian was in Brazil is that we're hoping to coax Pele out of retirement to play centre forward (and captain) for our new franchise club 'Manchester City Cosmos', who will be based in New York.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Congrats on not getting obvious jokes I guess

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ross From Friends posted:

Congrats on not getting obvious jokes I guess

Other troll posts have been put in this thread, I knew what it was

Ross From Friends
Apr 24, 2010

pik_d posted:

Other troll posts have been put in this thread, I knew what it was

oh ok

Patient_Toffee
Apr 21, 2006

Break me off, show me what you got
Cause I don't want, no one minute man

Ross From Friends posted:

oh ok

You're more of a Chandler to be honest.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

quote:

It may not have led to any type of injury, but for me, this is the worst, most malicious foul I have ever seen. Disgusting.

The tackle in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twn7_4dWS5Q

Morisson's red card tackle on Ronaldo from a few years back

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
You can kinda, sorta see the point that any challenge where the player explicitly goes for hurting his opponent without noticing the ball, succesful or not, is a special kind of nasty and low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It is a pretty deliberate attempt to kick Ronaldo out of the game but far from the worst tackle.