Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I lead the league in hits and stolen bases. 3378 hits and 1383 steals in one season....not so bad!

I can't imagine he'd be happy with that many dingers, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
You realize Cobb hit quite a few homers for the era

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I led the league in wins, and had the Cy Young winner. :whatup:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

This sure was a game

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

Amusingly, I did not lead the league in runs

Of course you didn't lead the league in runs, Babe Ruth Bitch

The only reason runs scored was as close as it was (3776-3709) is because George McQuillan was in your division, I scored 887 runs against him in 12 games

saffi faildotter fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 13, 2011

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This isn't really that impressive on its own, but I'm really happy with a winning record/leading the league in runs allowed even in the Ruth/Bonds division.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Don't know if this Aaron international prospect has the glove to be a SS, but he's certainly kinda good.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

Don't know if this Aaron international prospect has the glove to be a SS, but he's certainly kinda good.

He'd make a hell of a 2nd baseman, in any event.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

my advanced scouting sees his defensive ratings completely differently -- easily projects to have the glove and arm, but his range tops out in the mid-70s.

He's mine, btw.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

my advanced scouting sees his defensive ratings completely differently -- easily projects to have the glove and arm, but his range tops out in the mid-70s.

He's mine, btw.

My scouting is beyond awful, so whatever you see is right. Does that make him a SS or is he still a 2B/3B?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

My scouting is beyond awful, so whatever you see is right. Does that make him a SS or is he still a 2B/3B?

2B/3B. He could probably play SS but he'd give you a lot of minus plays even if he maxed out his 75 range, so the best bet is 3B.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Yay I won another TOC

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I am absolutely terrified of having to play MBU in the playoffs in 2 man band. You're going to beat the poo poo out of me.

Should I make the new 2 man band thread now, or after the world series?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone who wants to try out the forums Rule V league, the new thread is up. Previous owners get preference so you'd have to chill on the waitlist hoping somebody drops out.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ahahahahahaha

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Just had a minor leaguer in HBD string together 35 straight scoreless appearances (34.1 IP). Not half bad, son.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
AV did you draw a ligapelota team in the first round of the TOC? Good luck, destroy him please.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

He's mine, btw.

:smug:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

destroy him please.

:laffo:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Defense.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My scouting is obviously terrible, but from what I see in the Aaron draft, there are some pretty good players at the top, and it becomes bad real fast.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I am never going to make a World Series

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Bob Shabazz posted:

I am never going to make a World Series

I am never going to win another world series!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ArtVandelay posted:

I am never going to win another world series!

I lucked into one and then resumed my regularly scheduled programming of making the playoffs and immediately losing in the playoffs.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

I always love when this happens at Fenway

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Steals. Steals? Steals!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Cecil Cooper, Robin Yount, and Sixto Lezcano want to keep the WC race interesting

One game back of Vic da Valet with two to play, Steve Carlton and Mike Caldwell really need to step up their games for their last starts :ohdear:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like the WiS rule V league is getting ready to start the draft. I have one of the last spots, so there's no way I get a team that's any good.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15210978&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=1

:sympathy:

ArtVandelay posted:

Looks like the WiS rule V league is getting ready to start the draft. I have one of the last spots, so there's no way I get a team that's any good.

jeff drafted late in each of the previous two drafts and got Boston and Montreal. You'll have someone decent available to you.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

It's funny, I really thought that team would be fun going back to dingers and doubles, and it was until about game ~120. Losing game 163 on an unearned run by Robin Yount of all people is a pretty fitting bookend. It's going to be a while before I use any of those guys again.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

It's going to be a while before I use any of those guys again.

Now that you say that, next season's captain will be teammates with all of them too.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Don't ruin it by scrolling down

http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=15214483&pid=1&pbp=1&tf=9.95

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

TWO MAN BAND SEASON 4 THREAD OFFICIALLY UP!

http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=442048&TopicsTimeframe=30

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Not that MILB stats mean much in HBD, but that weird prospect I posted about and eventually signed is already putting up a crazy weird line in High-A

.367/.438/.398, 16/0 SB/CS in just 22 games

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Raymond Petrick skipped HiA, but in LoA he had an oddly similar .330/.438/.394 with 47/9 SB/CS.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So, I only just noticed this from Random Captain...

Quick, which one's Larry Dierker and which is Gaylord Perry?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
I won my first round of the TOC :toot:

What round do you start getting paid out in?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Scrotos posted:

What round do you start getting paid out in?

Final four

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

AlleyViper posted:

Final four

Where I just fell short :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, i've got Cleveland in the Rule V. Looks like i'm gonna protect Bell, Lofton, Manny, Gaylord, and CC.

That really expensive McDowell season apparently sucks.

• Locked thread