Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

The problem with Disentomb is that it's a card that cannot be good by itself, which is the same argument against Auras (plus the easy 2-for-1). Sure you can sometimes live the fantasy of getting your Titan back right after it dies, but more often than not it's going to sit dead in your hand (or never get drawn). The average Limited deck is probably going to have 2 or 3 creatures worth Disentombing, so the odds of getting both cards in the first 10 turns or so are pretty low. Even then, it's better to take an additional threat than a card that depends on the other cards in your deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

what Dross said.

Disentomb is poor because its only as good as the card you're bringing back + a black mana. Bringing back Spectre doesn't increase the value of spectre, its just equivalent to having another spectre at the time.

if your deck is full of value creatures or you have a Titan or something then Disentomb is fine. I hardly ever ran it though.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Zero_Grade posted:

My prerelease deck:
pre:
Assault Griffin
Benalish Veteran
Bonebreaker Giant
Gideon's Law(n)keeper
Goblin Fireslinger
Gorehorn Minotaurs
2 Griffin Rider
Manic Vandal
Serra Angel
Stormfront Pegasus

Angelic Destiny
Guardian's Pledge
Oblivion Ring
Spirit Mantle

Act of Treason
Celestial Purge
Fireball
Fling
Incinerate
Reverberate
Stave Off

Kite Shield
Manalith
Solemn Simulacrum

9 Plains/7 Mountains?
Other white: Mighty Leap, Demystify, Guardian's Pledge
Other red: Manabarbs, Wall of Torches, Goblin Tunneler, Crimson Mage, Goblin War Paint, Goblin Piker
Other artifacts: Rusted Sentinel, Kraken's :rolleye:, Demon's Horn
Blue: Aven Fleetwing, Azure Mage, Frost Breath, AEther Adept, Negate, Unsummon, Master Thief, Ponder, Merfolk Looter x2, Skywinder Drake, Merfolk Mesmerist, Turn to Frog, Coral Merfolk, Jace's Erasure
Black: Vampire Outcasts, Devouring Swarm, Child of Night, Taste of Blood, Blood Seeker, Drifting Shade, Hideous Visage, Reassembling Skeleton, Warpath Ghoul, Dark Favor, distress, Cemetary Reaper, Diabolic Tutor, Mind Rot
Green: Vastwood Gorger, Llanowar Elves, Cudgel Troll, Stampeding Rhino x2, Giant Spider, Brindle Boar, Greater Basilisk, Carnage Wurm, Titanic Growth x2, Fog, Plummet, Rampant Growth x2, Hunter's Insight, Trollhide,
Misc: Glacial Fortress

Trip report! I went 3-2 and finished at #6 in the prerelease, my highest finish ever (not that I've done many events). I was pretty excited, especially after going 1-2 to start. As you can see from my pool, it was not amazing, but serviceable. Blue was mediocre at best, while red was great and the other three colors were at least playable. I took a while deciding which to include, but settled on white. It seemed to curve better, had Serra and my one mythic, and I guess I'm comfortable in R/W (I ended up playing them in the M11 release too). Black was too light on critters for my taste and I didn't care for green's curve in the end.

This looks to me like it wants to be a G/W/r deck. Cudgel Troll and Carnage Wurm are houses, and you have the ramp to get to them consistently (and make your splash easier). Here's what I'd have run:

Land (17)
9x Forest
2x Mountain
6x Plains

Creatures (14)
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Llanowar Elves
Stormfront Pegasus
Benalish Veteran
Brindle Boar
Solemn Simulacrum
Assault Griffin
Cudgel Troll
Serra Angel
Greater Basilisk
2x Stampeding Rhino
Vastwood Gorger
Carnage Wurm

Spells (9)
Fireball
Spirit Mantle
2x Rampant Growth
Incinerate
Oblivion Ring
Hunter's Insight
Trollhide
Angelic Destiny

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
It's been months since I've drafted M11, and NMS makes me want to die, so here's a thing: http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=2thjw

I passed the nut red burn deck in pack 2, felt pretty dumb about picking armored ascension over fireball, but I expected to be heavy white and it just dried up. Otherwise I think I did ok?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

tgijsola posted:

It's been months since I've drafted M11, and NMS makes me want to die, so here's a thing: http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=2thjw

I passed the nut red burn deck in pack 2, felt pretty dumb about picking armored ascension over fireball, but I expected to be heavy white and it just dried up. Otherwise I think I did ok?

p1p5 Solemn Offering, was that a misclick or something? Minotaur, Mastodon and Expanse are all fine cards, Solemn Offering is a sideboard card you'll maybe use once or twice

p1p9 I know you weren't certain on red but Hellhound is an okay dude.

p2p1 is definitely Bolt. Your white was already not so great.

after that your picks are fine. nothing in pack 3 I disagree with.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Mornacale posted:

This looks to me like it wants to be a G/W/r deck. Cudgel Troll and Carnage Wurm are houses, and you have the ramp to get to them consistently (and make your splash easier). Here's what I'd have run:
Yeah, like I said, I really had a hard time counting green out. I probably underestimated Cudgel Troll (oddly) and a couple other cards, but I was still very close to running some sort of W/G/R mashup.

Green seems strong enough in M12 that I can definitely see myself ending up in it in draft.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Zero_Grade posted:

Yeah, like I said, I really had a hard time counting green out. I probably underestimated Cudgel Troll (oddly) and a couple other cards, but I was still very close to running some sort of W/G/R mashup.

Green seems strong enough in M12 that I can definitely see myself ending up in it in draft.

I think you pretty much just got drawn in by the siren song of a nice mana curve, and it led to you playing unexciting cards like Griffin Rider and Manic Vandal.

Eibon
Oct 30, 2007

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's.

So in this M11 draft I just had a guy sacrifice a creature to Bloodthrone Vampire when I blocked it with my Cudgel Troll, then Call to Mind a Lightning Bolt to kill it. Somehow I feel I came out ahead.

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

Eibon posted:

So in this M11 draft I just had a guy sacrifice a creature to Bloodthrone Vampire when I blocked it with my Cudgel Troll, then Call to Mind a Lightning Bolt to kill it. Somehow I feel I came out ahead.

Really though, sometimes you just want to kill a Cudgel Troll.

Eibon
Oct 30, 2007

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's.

Still lost that game hell yeah.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Eibon posted:

I've been known to cast bolt-call to mind-bolt all in the same turn just to kill that goddamn troll.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Seriously, gently caress this bullshit. I just got knocked out of another loving draft in round one against a life gain deck that kept on stalling and since it takes me more time to pump my shades than it did for him to spam OK I lost the entire match to time. What kind of loving bullshit time controls are those anyway?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Make sure you stay in the event and mock the pilot of that deck when he loses.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dross posted:

Make sure you stay in the event and mock the pilot of that deck when he loses.

Yeah :shobon:

Here's the draft, if anyone wants to give a critique (and sorry if I've overly cluttered the thread with my noobishness, but it's been really helpful)

http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=2tjvb

I couldn't really tell how good the draft was considering the situation -- and is there any faster way to activate abilities than clicking the card, then clicking on the lands? When I ran out of time, he had a minute left on his clock; it was especially aggravating.

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Not really. You could tap all of the mana first, then start clicking the shade as quickly as possible, but there's no "activate this ability X times" shortcut if that's what you were looking for.

Also I don't know if you know this already, but there are some keyboard shortcuts you should be using. The full list is right here, but the important ones are F2 (Same as clicking 'Ok'), F6 (I'm done, pass priority at every opportunity and skip through to the end of this turn), and F4 (I'm probably done, skip priority in most cases, but let me respond if something else happens).

You can also right click spells and abilities on the stack and say 'Always yield to this.' Whenever that ability is put on the stack, and you would get priority, it will automatically pass priority and take no time off of your clock.

If you ever accidentally yield to something, or hit F6 when you didn't mean to, jam on F3 a bunch. It's the 'oh poo poo' button, it turns off all of the skip commands that you've entered so far.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seriously, gently caress this bullshit. I just got knocked out of another loving draft in round one against a life gain deck that kept on stalling and since it takes me more time to pump my shades than it did for him to spam OK I lost the entire match to time. What kind of loving bullshit time controls are those anyway?

I played this guy after you, it was frustrating as hell. I wasn't sure how the time thing worked. but I figured after you won game one and then lost the match you must have gotten screwed that way. Take solace in the fact that he got crushed after cheating you.

Here is that draft from a different perspective. http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=2thjy

That keybind list is really helpfull, thank you for that.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 16, 2011

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
How in the world do Chandra's Outrage AND Quag Sickness table?

e: Anyway, I'd have first-picked that Outrage, grabbed Ember Hauler second, and then moved into U or W in packs 3/4 (either Cloud Elemental & Jace's Ingenuity or Blinding Mage & Assault Griffin). With the Bolt and Fireball in packs 2 and 3, I think you'd have had something pretty sweet.

In your actual draft, I don't know why you'd pick a fourth color p1p4 instead of snapping up that Ingenuity.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 16, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mornacale posted:

How in the world do Chandra's Outrage AND Quag Sickness table?

e: Anyway, I'd have first-picked that Outrage, grabbed Ember Hauler second, and then moved into U or W in packs 3/4 (either Cloud Elemental & Jace's Ingenuity or Blinding Mage & Assault Griffin). With the Bolt and Fireball in packs 2 and 3, I think you'd have had something pretty sweet.

In your actual draft, I don't know why you'd pick a fourth color p1p4 instead of snapping up that Ingenuity.

From previous drafts I got the advice that I needed more creatures and a better curve with them, and I also read that red was a shallow color to commit to right off the bat, and the Outrage felt like that kind of commitment. (I know that advice is situational; I'm still trying to figure out the situations)

I didn't see any obvious bombs in the first pack so I picked the flyers and hoped I could figure it out later in the first pack. I didn't really figure I was going black until the Shade P1P6, and didn't really commit to blue until the Air Servant/Mind Control in pack 2.

Those keybinds and yield options will be really helpful next time; I also lost a lot of time clicking through every proc of his Ajani's Mantras and Angel Feathers.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Does anyone else hate corpse cur as much as I do? It's probably the 2nd strongest common in the block next to fangren maurader (assuming said fangren maurader isnt playing against a deck with corpse curs) . The amount of card advantage gained from recurring your infect dudes is absurd, everytime I get crushed by an infect deck with 2 corpse curs, i keep thinking that really should have been an uncommon and necropede could have been moved to common since its basically the infect perilous myr.

Marmadouche
Jan 15, 2006

"How does one say 'down in front' in Woof?"

The Nastier Nate posted:

Does anyone else hate corpse cur as much as I do? It's probably the 2nd strongest common in the block next to fangren maurader (assuming said fangren maurader isnt playing against a deck with corpse curs) . The amount of card advantage gained from recurring your infect dudes is absurd, everytime I get crushed by an infect deck with 2 corpse curs, i keep thinking that really should have been an uncommon and necropede could have been moved to common since its basically the infect perilous myr.

Yeah, Corpse Cur is pretty debilitating in pairs, but that happens so much less now that there's only one Scars pack.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So I haven't played paper magic in like 10 years, closer to 14 if we're talking regular play. But I signed up for one of the 2012 sealed launch events tomorrow 'cause it sounds like fun and won't put me against people with more money and time than sense.

The Planeswalker games on PC have taught me the new mechanics mostly, so I feel confident enough about that but I don't know what's going into this edition. Any way you can tell me or I can easily find what the bread-and-butter type cards I can probably count on encountering are? Stuff like what direct damage, mana ramp, removal, counters, etc, are running?

I'd hate to cast something big thinking my opponent doesn't have the juice for Cancel, for example, only to find Counterspell exists in this series.

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So I haven't played paper magic in like 10 years, closer to 14 if we're talking regular play. But I signed up for one of the 2012 sealed launch events tomorrow 'cause it sounds like fun and won't put me against people with more money and time than sense.

The Planeswalker games on PC have taught me the new mechanics mostly, so I feel confident enough about that but I don't know what's going into this edition. Any way you can tell me or I can easily find what the bread-and-butter type cards I can probably count on encountering are? Stuff like what direct damage, mana ramp, removal, counters, etc, are running?

I'd hate to cast something big thinking my opponent doesn't have the juice for Cancel, for example, only to find Counterspell exists in this series.

If you have the time, take a glance through this visual spoiler of all the cards in Magic 2012. To address some quick ones that I can think of -- Shock and Incinerate instead of bolt, Cancel and Mana Leak, Giant Growth is in, Doom Blade is in. It's a core set so there aren't too many wonky things going on.

FrancisFarterburgr
Feb 16, 2008

"Godspeed you poor sons of bitches."

Monitor posted:

If you have the time, take a glance through this visual spoiler of all the cards in Magic 2012. To address some quick ones that I can think of -- Shock and Incinerate instead of bolt, Cancel and Mana Leak, Giant Growth is in, Doom Blade is in. It's a core set so there aren't too many wonky things going on.

Errr...Giant Growth isn't in, it's been replaced with Titanic Growth.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Had the fortune of opening good release pool that wasn't completely straightforward to build. What would you lot made out of it? http://pastebin.com/pjgfM8J1

Went 4-1 over five rounds.

We had unfortunately just 17 players in the release, which mean pretty much maximum effort for minimum reward when winning record (3-2 or better) had you on packs...

The rare print runs have made locally some wicked sealed pools last weekend and this, when the packs have pretty much come straight out of displays with no mixing. Week back on the prerelease we had I think three pools out of ~40 with both black and red titans, today one more.

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

And My Fax! posted:

Errr...Giant Growth isn't in, it's been replaced with Titanic Growth.

And that shows how closely I've been following it :(

Woops.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I've come to the realisation that I like M12 draft a whole lot more than M12 sealed.

M12 is a lot more aggresive as a format when drafting than Scars block or M11 and you can get some incredibly fast decks.

U/W skies and B/R bloodthirst aggro can be absolutely nuts and especially with B/R you can usually pick up cards that people aren't really looking to draft that highly. Downside is that everybody will try and splash your best removal (doom blade, shock, incinerate and fireball) but you will usually have chandra's outrage and the BB 2dmg/2life to yourself because of the manacosts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ugh, just... gently caress this game. After a draft where I opened Sun Titan, Serra Angel, and Fireball (none of which I was ever able to use) and winning a first game, I played a second game where my opponent stabilized at 3 life and whittled me down from 24 life to 0 because I drew 6 lands in a row (and screwed up by not breaking an Ice Cage before the declare blockers step), and then got blown out in game 3 when he dropped a Stormtide Leviathan. And just to add to the pile of poo poo, he managed to pull off the win with less than a minute on the clock.

gently caress this. I'm out until M12, at the very least.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MrBling posted:

I've come to the realisation that I like M12 draft a whole lot more than M12 sealed.

M12 is a lot more aggresive as a format when drafting than Scars block or M11 and you can get some incredibly fast decks.

U/W skies and B/R bloodthirst aggro can be absolutely nuts and especially with B/R you can usually pick up cards that people aren't really looking to draft that highly. Downside is that everybody will try and splash your best removal (doom blade, shock, incinerate and fireball) but you will usually have chandra's outrage and the BB 2dmg/2life to yourself because of the manacosts.

M12 draft was a lot more fun than m12 sealed for me also. Sealed had very little variety, every was just running arachnus webs for removal plus whatever bombs they got. Draft had a lot more going on. I did a lot worse because I'm not very good, but I won my first match 2-0 because the guy I was playing seemed to think that stacking jace's erasures was going to help him. I know he had something else in his deck that he was banking on that worked with it, but both games he just didn't really do anything but mill me while I slammed him with bloodrage vampires. Royal Assassin helped a lot in that match, but not at all in my second match because my opponant had swiftfoot boots. My mind control was totally useless in all matches. Got milled during the first match and didn't matter, ended up using it to remove a phantasmal dragon in the second match. Sphinx of Uthuun worked out good for me though.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Oh man, Goblin Bangchuckers is the poster child for M12 limited. Literal do-nothing? Unbeatable bomb? Let's flip coins to decide! Tom Lapille has metastasised. Zen-zen-zen was a strong contender for worst limited format since magic was designed for limited (pre-Mirage), but we have a new contender, albeit an underdog.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
jesus gently caress i hate this game. round 1 of sealed I kill off elspeth tirel, and he untaps and plays batterskull.

round 2. he has massacre wurm and the abyss/reanimate legendary. and then for the deciding game I draw only perilous myr, another myr, and a hex parasite after mulliganing to 6 to try and get a creature. I got him down to 4 without ever drawing a 2 power dude.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

edit: im a dumbass nevermind.

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 17, 2011

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I'm currently 2-0 with this draft
http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=2tlf6

I forgot to take a screenshot of my deck but it's r/b splashing azure drake, mind control, and the other 4/3 blue flyer dude.

I realize it is lovely, im trying to get better at drafting. I'm winning mostly due to being a decent constructed player.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Wezlar posted:

I'm currently 2-0 with this draft
http://www.raredraft.com/watch?d=2tlf6

I forgot to take a screenshot of my deck but it's r/b splashing azure drake, mind control, and the other 4/3 blue flyer dude.

I realize it is lovely, im trying to get better at drafting. I'm winning mostly due to being a decent constructed player.

P1P3 Pacifism > Prodigal Pyromancer
P1P6 There are many better cards than this, not sure what the pick is though. Probably the Axe.
P1P7 Grab a Cancrix here, he's a fine dude. There are very few X/1s to worry about in M11 draft.
P1P8 If you'd grabbed the pacifism, grab the mighty leap here - a fine trick.
P2P1 This pack is staaaaaaacked, I probably would have taken the servant too though.
P2P4 I'm guessing this is where the draft goes wrong - Scroll Thief would have been great for you here.

Yeeeaaah, not sure why you're RB here - UR would have been much stronger.

P3P2 Aether Adept by a mile
P3P7 Ice Cage
P3P9 Strongbox is fine! Disentomb is not.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
This format is such poo poo. I have Blinding Souleater, Shrike Raptor x2 on board. He topdecks Quicksilver thing that keeps a dude tapped to lock down my souleater, then decks his own souleater and consecrated sphinx running to go from way behind to way ahead. BOMBZ.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Babby's first game against a human in 10 years/first competitive game ever rundown:

I came in 4th of 8 in sealed! Won two matches 2-1, lost the other 1-2, but the guys I beat were apparently low on the totem pole so they weren't worth a lotta points.

My boosters mostly sucked but I got enough vamps to work with and a shitload of counters, so I did that. Also had a few draws and discards to work with. Part of me thinks I woulda been better off replacing blue with red 'cause I was sitting on some firebreathing and fling and stuff, which coulda synergized well both together and with vamp lifelink, but I couldn't say no to Frost Titan and Phantasmal Dragon. Those and Rune-Scarred Demon were usually what turned a game, especially when Demon could fetch the Titan.

Every opponent I had was playing green and white (one was green/white/blue.) The tricolor got last place, but it kicked the poo poo out of me the first round we had. I think trying to put together a mill deck with Jace's Erasure and that merfolk miller etc. just requires too many things to come together the right way for sealed. First round he milled away all my islands, though, so he took that. Embarassing to have an enemy deciding whether he wants to kill you with a mill or with creatures on the last turn. I think the only other person who didn't play some green/white was a kid who did black/red and unpacked Sorin Markov, but lost anyway.

But it was fun! Might do booster draft on Friday!

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 17, 2011

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I just got passed 3x Chandra's Outrage and an Incinerate in pack 1 and was lucky to go 1-2 because the kid to my left decided to force red due to the Goblin loving Chieftan he second-picked. Also I was in white, but he first-picked Angelic Destiny and forced that too.

e: Oh, also I mulliganed 7 times in my first 7 games.

I know nobody wants to listen to bad beat stories, but I needed some venting.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 18, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So I'm looking at the M12 online pre-release events like the sealed matches. Playing sealed is basically the same as playing draft, right? Except that the decks are probably a bit stronger in composition because of the larger card pool? Or are there other things to take into consideration as well?

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So I'm looking at the M12 online pre-release events like the sealed matches. Playing sealed is basically the same as playing draft, right? Except that the decks are probably a bit stronger in composition because of the larger card pool? Or are there other things to take into consideration as well?

Sealed is quite different from draft -- in sealed you have six boosters handed to you that you open and construct your deck from. In draft you have 8 players with 3 boosters sitting around a table (in MTGO a virtual table). Each player opens his first booster, takes one card, and passes the rest to their left. Repeat until no more cards, open next pack, repeat but for the 2nd pack pass right and the 3rd pack pass left again.

Basically sealed is a bit more luck-based in hoping you open something good, whereas in draft you have to on the fly figure out card evaluations, what colors are open, what direction your deck is going, etc.

Fake edit while I'm rereading your post, yeah PLAYING sealed is similar to playing draft, but the actual events are different.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Sealed decks are generally weaker than draft ones, not the other way around. Yeah, you have more cards, but 3/5 of them are from colors you don't end up playing, and you have less control over the overall structure of your deck, which can be very important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailbox Roleplay
Jul 16, 2006

Mornacale posted:

I just got passed 3x Chandra's Outrage and an Incinerate in pack 1 and was lucky to go 1-2 because the kid to my left decided to force red due to the Goblin loving Chieftan he second-picked. Also I was in white, but he first-picked Angelic Destiny and forced that too.

e: Oh, also I mulliganed 7 times in my first 7 games.

I know nobody wants to listen to bad beat stories, but I needed some venting.

I'm finding my major problem is constructing aggressive decks and not mulliganing into aggressive hands. Running out of steam when your opponent is at less than five life is the worst feeling, mostly because you kept an 'ok' hand. Although I'm finding that t-1 arsonist or fireslinger into t-2 stormblood into t-3 blood ogre is extremely powerful if your opponent doesn't have some fast answers.