Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I just wish Liam Gallagher would gently caress off and stop using City to promote his terrible band. I don't loving care what his opinion on the new shirt is!

The shirt itself... ehh, it's not terrible, the collar would be much better without the silly tabs. The new home and away kits are a step down from the last two years, but then those kits were pretty damned good, hard to keep it up I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

Tsaedje posted:

I just wish Liam Gallagher would gently caress off and stop using City to promote his terrible band. I don't loving care what his opinion on the new shirt is!

THANK YOU!

I really like City's new home shirt, personally. Good work.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man City have the classiest shirts.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

black.lion posted:

I wonder if Hart requested all black kits, I'm not sure I can remember a home and away looking so similar even for a keeper when it doesn't matter - do keepers get to do request things of their shirts, since they're really the only ones that wear them? Or does a club/player have zero control over what their kit sponsor gives them?

I couldn't help but assume that Tim Howard asked to be camouflaged...

For what it's worth, the story was the Petr Cech requested the infamous "Traffic cone" shirt.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

City's new shirt is a ridiculous gimmick, has a weird collar and is several orders of magnitude worse than the fantastic clean-looking kit they had last season. Then again I'm really into the 'Tailored by Umbro' style, and the new shirts seem like a move away from that.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Umbriago posted:

City's new shirt is a ridiculous gimmick, has a weird collar and is several orders of magnitude worse than the fantastic clean-looking kit they had last season. Then again I'm really into the 'Tailored by Umbro' style, and the new shirts seem like a move away from that.

Yeah im glad the away kit is amazing incase I decide to be slightly less plastic this season, the home kit is definitely worse than last seasons

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I kinda like the new city shirt, I think it shows that Umbro can do things other than really great, clean designs. They made an Anniversary shirt for Linfield (Who play in the Irish League) this year commemorating 50 league wins and 41 Irish Cups and it was gorgeous. It's based on an old shirt, and considering who they made it for too, it's really outstanding.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I love the latest City offering, dunno what else to add. Swansea's "cassette tape" stripe is cool too.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Does anyone here know if there is a place to get a Zidane-era Real Madrid shirt nowadays?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrMondayNight posted:

Does anyone here know if there is a place to get a Zidane-era Real Madrid shirt nowadays?

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/european-clubs/spanish-clubs/real-madrid.html?limit=100

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Superb! Thanks very much.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa home:

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

Frankston posted:

Villa home:

Welp, not a lot of change from the "prototype" a few months ago to this.

I believe that the club may have lied to its fans; impossible, right?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i'm assuming no checkers up the sides like last year, which is disappointing, but it's quite a nice companion to the away kit i think

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
The moment you've all been waiting for

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Russ posted:

Any box?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
The crowd goes mild

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
The woman and child to the far right of the picture don't even care. Always a good sign.

asapaperdoll
Oct 21, 2010

They're looking to see where the boxes are.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Russ posted:

We stopped waiting when I posted it earlier..

thehappyprince posted:

The new Donny kit is pretty much the same as last years except it's got a bit more black on the shirt and we're back to wearing red shorts and socks now.

:effort:

Our sponsor is better, like

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

Frankston posted:

Next time we should tell our kit maker to send us the 11/12 ball to go with our 11/12 kit.

Other than that, we at least dress the part of a Premier League side.

(Also, we don't have boxes, but you can get a gymbag if you order it from the club, so....)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
They couldn't at least throw the shorts in a dryer after taking them out of the box?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

thehappyprince posted:

We stopped waiting when I posted it earlier..

Our sponsor is better, like

One Call
You've only got One Call
You've only got One Call
You've only got One Call

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

Guesstimate Jones posted:

They couldn't at least throw the shorts in a dryer after taking them out of the box?

Dryers were sold to the SPL in exchange for a washboard that McLeish used as a child. He highly rates it.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

SteadfastMeat posted:

Christ that's ugly

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

SteadfastMeat posted:

\o/

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

real_scud posted:

Christ that's ugly
So's the kit.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

SteadfastMeat posted:

At least our home shirt's ni- Oh wait, it's loving awful too.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://cgi.ebay.com/Thin-Shiny-Red-...#ht_1394wt_1185

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

yeah that's half nsfw and half nms

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Forgive me on the off chance somebody posted Watford FC's new shirt and its goofy collar:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
I've always really disliked when a team had the same sponsor and make.

Like when Bolton were sponsored by Reebok and their shirts were made by Reebok and they played at the Reebok stadium Reebok Reebok Reebok.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
More like Reecock tbf.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Xabi posted:

More like Reecock tbf.

Hey now.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Arsenal and Chelsea fans: This is what a European trophy looks like.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Xabi posted:

Arsenal and Chelsea fans: This is what a European trophy looks like.

erm

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
If you're really good your European trophy looks like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

partipo posted:

erm

You just reminded me of the 1995 CWC Final, funniest thing ever.