Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

davejk posted:

Once a month, but only if you're a paying subscriber.

Here's my last 10 codes:

dWXUuXXsTykEArZq
eSYEy3wUPrAyrw5C
ef5T8G9RA76y4Y8E
cynHbF7wz7hwxY7B
b9xYTs7YEUgUtagF
ffkXWkZBKgDhVaVq
dLGXEzabqmzsJmCd
aA8DZtGYkmC4n2r6
byZJTUcgXEK8ALyw
ayDFWsDemuJtTCzW

Got in with eSYEy3wUPrAyrw5C, thank you! :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theler
Aug 8, 2009

davejk posted:

Once a month, but only if you're a paying subscriber.

Here's my last 10 codes:

dWXUuXXsTykEArZq
eSYEy3wUPrAyrw5C
ef5T8G9RA76y4Y8E
cynHbF7wz7hwxY7B
b9xYTs7YEUgUtagF
ffkXWkZBKgDhVaVq
dLGXEzabqmzsJmCd
aA8DZtGYkmC4n2r6
byZJTUcgXEK8ALyw
ayDFWsDemuJtTCzW

Used aA8DZtGYkmC4n2r6 thanks.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Used b9xYTs7YEUgUtagF, thanks.

And to the goons who used codes without posting, you guys suck

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Jive Turkey posted:

2) I already noticed some older artists missing from the catalog (Zeppelin!?)... it's not THAT big a deal but I wanted to know if you came across issues finding music?

As long as we're talking back catalog items, there is a (totally expected) Beatles-shaped hole in the service...no George Harrison solo stuff either, but you will find the other three. Also the Eagles are M.I.A., Pink Floyd is represented only by Pulse, and Bob Dylan's almost entirely missing. But if you pitch the service the Stones, the Who, or Hendrix you'll come away with what a arguably generous selection (if not always a complete catalog (see again: the Who, and "Going Home", the one song from the Stones' Aftermath that's been excluded from streaming)). Also, there's enough Doors to choke a whore horse, including an impressive selection of live material from the Bright Midnight imprint.

Overall, Spotify is an excellent service so far. I've been throwing this thing stuff from out of left field since yesterday morning and the service has come back with a decent hit rate so far, at least for what I come up with. There's a lot to keep you busy, just with the caveat that there are still a few bald spots.

e:

First 07 posted:

Honestly anyone who wants to listen to the Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Eagles, etc already has that in their iTunes library.

Guilty as charged.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 16, 2011

First 07
Jan 1, 2007

by T. Finn

EasyEW posted:

As long as we're talking back catalog items, there is a (totally expected) Beatles-shaped hole in the service...no George Harrison solo stuff either, but you will find the other three. Also the Eagles are M.I.A., Pink Floyd is represented only by Pulse, and Bob Dylan's almost entirely missing. But if you pitch the service the Stones, the Who, or Hendrix you'll come away with what a arguably generous selection (if not always a complete catalog (see again: the Who, and "Going Home", the one song from the Stones' Aftermath that's been excluded from streaming)). Also, there's enough Doors to choke a whore horse, including an impressive selection of live material from the Bright Midnight imprint.

Overall, Spotify is an excellent service so far. I've been throwing this thing stuff from out of left field since yesterday morning and the service has come back with a decent hit rate so far, at least for what I come up with. There's a lot to keep you busy, just with the caveat that there are still a few bald spots.

Honestly anyone who wants to listen to the Beatles, Pink Floyd, the Eagles, etc already has that in their iTunes library.

I'm more concerned about some of the new stuff that's missing (example: the new Washed Out album)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can anyone PM me one code? I'd be very grateful.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
You guys need to start sharing some of your playlists so I can discover music here! :doom:

edit: nvm just saw the mega goon playlist link. We need to start adding to that.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 16, 2011

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

EasyEW posted:

"Going Home", the one song from the Stones' Aftermath that's been excluded from streaming

This is probably a good thing.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

We made the best playlist.
There are none better playlists.
http://open.spotify.com/user/monochromed/playlist/2ONhggmIwDUVAoE1if3hJq

edit: this playlist is a war crime, if we missed anything let us know

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 16, 2011

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

invision posted:

Minus The Bear just posted this:

http://www.spotify.com/us/minus-the-bear/

... And here I was about to bitch about how Highly Refined Pirates isn't on there :argh:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kaboobi posted:

We made the best playlist.
There are none better playlists.
http://open.spotify.com/user/monochromed/playlist/2ONhggmIwDUVAoE1if3hJq

edit: this playlist is a war crime

Jesus Christ guys..... :psyduck:

edit: Savage Garden :barf:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

keyframe posted:

Jesus Christ guys..... :psyduck:

edit: Savage Garden :barf:

We basically were attempting to oneup each other for a good 6 hours and that's what happened. I'm sorry everybody. It won't happen again.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kaboobi posted:

We basically were attempting to oneup each other for a good 6 hours and that's what happened. I'm sorry everybody. It won't happen again.

You added Filter - Take a Picture on there. Why did you add a loving amazing song to that playlist?

Ahahah Creed - Higher. I love you guys.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 16, 2011

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

keyframe posted:

You added Filter - Take a Picture on there. Why did you add a loving amazing song to that playlist?

There are a few good songs on that list though that's not one of them like Loser and the Ozzy songs, we also counted way way way overplayed tracks that many people can't stand in there too.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kaboobi posted:

There are a few good songs on that list though that's not one of them like Loser and the Ozzy songs, we also counted way way way overplayed tracks that many people can't stand in there too.

Sorry, Filter owns.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

keyframe posted:

Sorry, Filter owns.

Yes Filter owns, Short Bus is one of my favorite albums, I think that song is terrible. To each his own v:unsmith:v

(I like some of those Barenaked Ladies and Fastball and Oasis songs :ssh: )

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
My favorite addition to that list is the murder of Five songs.

edit: There's no limp bizkit (needs like 4 songs at least -- Rollin', Break Stuff, Nookie, Boiler, My Way) on that playlist, by the way, which is IMPORTANT, as is there being more Smash Mouth songs (Can't Get Enough of You Baby, Then the Morning Comes) -- those are the 2 necessities from what I can see

Brogeoisie fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jul 16, 2011

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
Filter's discography is Richard Patrick letting everyone know how much he wishes he was still in Nine Inch Nails.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Am I imagining things or did the search function just now go belly-up? I'm chatting with a goon in Florida who just ran into the same thing, even though the music hasn't stopped streaming (and the ads haven't stopped refreshing).

e @ 2:23am: Ah, there it is again. Moral of the story: Americans can break anything if you give them a chance. :v:

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 16, 2011

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

EasyEW posted:

Am I imagining things or did the search function just now go belly-up? I'm chatting with a goon in Florida who just ran into the same thing, even though the music hasn't stopped streaming (and the ads haven't stopped refreshing).

I just came here to ask about this too. Must be a server issue.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Seems to be back now.

Anyway, shortlist of things to add when the list owner is back online:

Ricky Martin - She Bangs
4 Non Blondes - What's Up
Blondie - Maria
The DiVinyls - I Touch Myself
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rednex - Cottoneye Joe
Quad City DJs - C'mon N' Ride It
Master P - Make Em Say Uhh!
Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm and Afternoons & Coffeespoons and Superman's Song
RuPaul - Supermodel
Smash Mouth - those two awful aforementioned songs

Some Kylie Minogue garbage
Those lovely Vengaboys songs
Everything Limp Bizkit

edit: and how did I ever forget Zoot Suit Riot by Cherry Poppin' Daddies? (don't answer that)

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 16, 2011

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Not sure how you can have a 90's playlist and not have Beck - loser in there. I remember mtv playing that every 5 minutes. :v:

edit: http://open.spotify.com/track/1CJbLAkUiPXrttszpQhnO6

I will just go kill myself now :smithicide:

keyframe fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 16, 2011

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

keyframe posted:

Not sure how you can have a 90's playlist and not have Beck - loser in there. I remember mtv playing that every 5 minutes.
But it is?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Kaboobi posted:

But it is?

I must have missed it. You dont have Mr Vain though :colbert:

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
I'm so glad there's natalie imbrugliaglaoglalieila on there.

e:I unironically love the gently caress out of this playlist.

aki
Mar 7, 2006

Welcome America to the promised land! I've got 30 invites, so PM if you want one.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Jive Turkey posted:

This might get buried between all the invite code posts...but could someone who is using the premium service answer a couple questions for me?

1) First off, is premium worth it? I'm admittedly a guy who has acquired my music through :filez: for many years but I'm excited about this model and do want to find a way support artists who might not be touring in my town.

2) I already noticed some older artists missing from the catalog (Zeppelin!?)... it's not THAT big a deal but I wanted to know if you came across issues finding music?

3) What type of sound quality improvement are we talking about? I'm not 100% sure of the bitrate for the free version but does premium bring you up to 320?

4) How well does the mobile and offline service work?

Thanks in advance!

As I mentioned before, I've been using the premium version for three months now, and it really is worth it.
- I've found lots and lots of new and not so mainstream bands with this and the premium version gives you a chance to listen to some new unreleased album a few weeks in advance, that is awesome. And some albums are premium-only, even if they have been released already.

- Yes, some older and bigger artists are missing, Zeppelin, Metallica, Floyd etc, but as most people, I too have those on my PC already and the premium version automatically adds all music you have on your PC to the playlists on Spotify.

- the premium sound quality is 320, which is enough for me.

- I just learned how to use the offline and mobile versions, and I think they are the best parts of premium.
The way I have done is I make an offline playlist on my PC, then open Spotify on my mobilephone, where it automatically syncs the offline playlist, it may take a while, a few minutes maybe, depending on the amount of songs you are syncing, I have about 200 songs on my offline playlist atm.
After the syncing, you can open spotify in offline mode on your phone and listen to the songs as much as you like.
It is very useful especially when I'm driving and I can just connect my phone to the car stereo and listen.

And probably the best part I almost forgot. The loving annoying ads. I think the ads are specificially made to be as annoying as possible, so you'd give in and bought the premium after being tortured by the ads.
Premium removes all of them. It is just music 24/7, and it is awesome.

Hope this helped.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
So it seems there is no way to clear the cache in the iPhone app, and it will just grow until it's filled all of the free space on the phone. I did some googling and people have been reporting this for almost two years with the only response from Spotify support being "We don't have any plans on cache handling for the iPhone at the moment." This combined with the frequency of downloads timing out and playback behaving weirdly is seriously making me rethink my Premium subscription.

Guntrip
Mar 14, 2006
Some codes:

bRUf867qJbt7wFHY
dPbNK4r87amMsBme
bsck2YDRda93UXhq
cSY9cRcYhLeRCVtg
aHswBCPDrtaYB6Ma
dK9yCgLE5UJ2HSZc
fkeLg3DdscDsMeAy
epbufxMUpcaRHb75
c88cHwGUKCbG37VF
chNU54qJ9RWkRBEH
bwRuSREd6WKJWZG7

Guntrip fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 23, 2011

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

Here's some invites

dUwft3eM9p7B55GJ
atXqemuTfxwb9WP3
bu2z2kHTkUzpfCBb
aZFFBH3cCBg4pUny
bMJZgxgKsazpK4tg
bgSBxZ9DPNX25AFn

And as a bonus, an SA Collab playlist that everyone can post to. Knock yourselves out!
http://open.spotify.com/user/idoliside/playlist/6ZoMzQYi5fuIyw0t2bMq7e

Ozymandias
Mar 15, 2003

idoliside posted:

Here's some invites

bgSBxZ9DPNX25AFn

Thanks!

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

Kush posted:

Hope this helped.

It did, thank you very much.

EnnuiDay
Jul 4, 2008

idoliside posted:

Here's some invites

dUwft3eM9p7B55GJ
atXqemuTfxwb9WP3
bu2z2kHTkUzpfCBb
aZFFBH3cCBg4pUny
bMJZgxgKsazpK4tg
bgSBxZ9DPNX25AFn

Thanks!

pelle
Jun 7, 2001
yes I know I a mighty pirate..
some more invites, have more in my account if needed

dKBwppWzTYPhMCKt
ccFbVLSuNPnwfT9T
ayWbczmHatHZumVn
bcsKVLEJbDRk3XAn
eBxR59DPcrkdSFgq
eUW7L5NzYs9fNRt9
frm7ddaPJs9BWSNh
dxEUBR6CzSCnJsHN
by7UwzZNyAC2euJP
dP72HKP5FdSDkf7J
asyxn3z9yMGgcSAU
bCsH34RGzbwXVKqV
d3rkn7FZG3Wh6NMX
cGJ5eLeecJnHG645
eEHgGPCxb5fK8kAr
cs5gJUJE3dMTxZ4p
dWRDDCzLXPPJ8mb4
eAdDW7tV4XCqRSWa
faU966RMc8zL3GLD
cuRgXcPYwHcfyA2J
aBc2VzRhnhgVw8KA
dLrFp579hRpKXsJm
ac2PAYp56Ak2YFMk
dkGsKDpcNSeAKMZy
dUKBAKL45rgagKYy
dSe4UAT9uHYUWUn5
aMBxbWSBnJ7LUHNE
cwZuLfnpqBwSrm9L
bYTEh5m3SbrrbDhA
fF25kcdHH6skZGYF
apnKrVNWFAuRfM5A
dxgM8SJS2W8rwJEZ

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

pelle posted:

aMBxbWSBnJ7LUHNE
Snagged this one. I'm interested to see how this compared to Google Music Beta.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Snagged this one. I'm interested to see how this compared to Google Music Beta.
They're not really comparable, as google music only plays your own music.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Um, okay, so maybe keep this on the down-low between us Goons, unless you want this to get taken down:

http://www.spotify.com/us/coca-cola/

Go there and you're in.

Phobophile
May 19, 2004

I got in with "apnKrVNWFAuRfM5A" thanks pelle!

Don Corleone
Jan 25, 2004

What's next?
Thanks pelle, got in with eAdDW7tV4XCqRSWa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jive Turkey posted:

This might get buried between all the invite code posts...but could someone who is using the premium service answer a couple questions for me?

1) First off, is premium worth it? I'm admittedly a guy who has acquired my music through :filez: for many years but I'm excited about this model and do want to find a way support artists who might not be touring in my town.

3) What type of sound quality improvement are we talking about? I'm not 100% sure of the bitrate for the free version but does premium bring you up to 320?

4) How well does the mobile and offline service work?

Thanks in advance!

I think Spotify or RDio are worth it (2 I have tried). Files are what they are of course, but the big thing that this will do to "combat" piracy is just make it so drat convenient. $10 a month, pretty much all of my music is available to stream, AND i can find new music easily. Yes please.

Personally for reasons I posted earlier I like RDio more than Spotify, but that is a personal choice. I'd recommend trying both. What I do is use RDio but also Google Music, that way any old stuff that isn't available like Led Zep, the Beatles, I have my copies of that on Google Music and can access it that way. What RDio/Spotify offer over Google Music of course is an easy way to discover and legally obatain new music.

Rdio/Spotify + Google Music = Success

• Locked thread