Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Just the convenience of a huge playlist I can access at work and at home alone is worth the $10 a month for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maultaschen
Jan 19, 2004

pelle posted:

dWRDDCzLXPPJ8mb4

Thanks man! Excited to try this out.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I took one of the many, many codes posted in this thread at some point, so to whoever posted it, thank you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone know why my iTunes Library (as it appears in Spotify) has a lot (not all) songs listed twice?

Also, I know there's webpages, but they really need a better what's new and random listening interface. Searching for poo poo I already know about is tantamount to just listening to my iTunes.

Suckthemonkey
Jun 18, 2003

pelle posted:

some more invites, have more in my account if needed

dKBwppWzTYPhMCKt

Just got in with this. Thanks!

Cortana
Nov 2, 2003

YUKI.N>_

Used idolslide's code of

aZFFBH3cCBg4pUny

Thanks!

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

Used
by7UwzZNyAC2euJP

Thanks a bunch

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

idoliside posted:

Here's some invites

dUwft3eM9p7B55GJ
atXqemuTfxwb9WP3
bu2z2kHTkUzpfCBb
aZFFBH3cCBg4pUny
bMJZgxgKsazpK4tg
bgSBxZ9DPNX25AFn

And as a bonus, an SA Collab playlist that everyone can post to. Knock yourselves out!
http://open.spotify.com/user/idoliside/playlist/6ZoMzQYi5fuIyw0t2bMq7e

I used bu2z2kHTkUzpfCBb

Thanks a ton!

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
Them codes are like hot cakes.

eUmkCKJP6Z3MmgDN
ersxX6XDhLYkLZdP
ct5wkJSwwzWny7bR
aTYZwxhuktuYzbg2
cUfWXTCexk9JcAPW
bMLLg8wBCNzTXScz
dGwggaD8GFecuEfn
afEE29WKSGh8ggeK
fwhnsDJJ6N2AwdRp
eJBmwpTPXpuT7wZX
cZFtLJrSzdg28hEb
b4UUuH5BUP94CuhA
cU9RB5pwDc5UUJBM
bxYUxU3KF3ydFRyp
bfbbBzCJHxBebPaX
cN7NSDRRkyZSdy2A
bb5KcdqD2xWrcGEa
fHhH3egYxaXhw9Zs
e6dGqwtVPePCwgLM
d7cSNNnRAm8JM4hW
fkprgJ5JgLGeVC54
aw5b6YpC9nG5fdMV
aD7t2AyYkatVzJH6
abeXu52WrUfFCpMT
aN8mdp4AZWszyWHg
cmSk94Bm6AtrXcAg
ethKfX5REhRmWws7
cHJzmfSzqZ5Z4DUP
c7XR4Fyhfk92P3xn
bXhdTFCSPR8mZJ5u
euGxJeP2Vc5pVybE
d2NgUzuJypFRVVVW
csLC3tn3SJ5qt4y8
bJKVnWPKEsZU3y6m
bP2tPTuYWwL5eXS5
bFf4agKDuSY6EdUn
ebzkdCELAk7mUXE2
bNw85YrnGWFzz9Ve
cR8AYDtr7sRuuw7a
cqtCyq6GC6suXRKV

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

ionn posted:

Used bMLLg8wBCNzTXScz. THANKS!

Haud
Dec 6, 2007

World's Worst Interview

ionn posted:

Used cmSk94Bm6AtrXcAg. Thanks so much!!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

We made the best playlist.
There are none better playlists.
http://open.spotify.com/user/monochromed/playlist/2ONhggmIwDUVAoE1if3hJq

edit: this playlist is a war crime, if we missed anything let us know

this is an amazing thing.

Also; scary how much of this I know all of the lyrics.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I cannot find 2 Unlimited's "Get Ready For This" anywhere in the program, this is the worst.

edit: yesss, the perfect list: http://www.myradio929.com/Music/Last100.aspx

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 17, 2011

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is it me or does it feel like all you can do is listen to music you know about because it's pretty much search-based?

I want something that has genres, plays similar artists, etc. That seems like a pretty big failing unless I'm just missing how to do it.

[edit]

Also some songs just flat out won't play. They look like they should be, but no sound.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 17, 2011

Chobdab
Aug 16, 2003

You don't know me James, you never did. I am not seeking forgiveness.
Used euGxJeP2Vc5pVybE

Thanks!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Used bNw85YrnGWFzz9Ve

Thanks a lot.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Feenix posted:

Is it me or does it feel like all you can do is listen to music you know about because it's pretty much search-based?

I want something that has genres, plays similar artists, etc. That seems like a pretty big failing unless I'm just missing how to do it.

If you get a band/artist page, there's usually a "related artists" tab. That doesn't seem to happen on an album page, just the artist page. A bunch of writeups from before the US launch talk about genre radio and artist radio options, but if that's in the US product, it's apparently not in the free version.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Feenix posted:

[edit]

Also some songs just flat out won't play. They look like they should be, but no sound.

It is extremely easy for people to share their playlist or start a collaborative one. It is not a issue at all.

Songs not playing is a server issue. Restart the app it fixes that most of the time. It will be fine in a couple days when they figure out the server load.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Feenix posted:

[edit]

Spotify doesn't do this for you.

http://lifehacker.com/5821515/the-essential-spotify-tools

However, the community knows what you want and has things that will help you figure poo poo out and then some.

http://sharemyplaylists.com/ seems to be the best thing around if you can stand digging through a lot of the crap to get to the good nuggets.

The way I see it, Spotify is a tool not a community, much like the Library has a bunch of books but unless you talk to someone you could find yourself with a lot of stuff and no idea what to do with it all.

Sirielia
Jan 5, 2005
Shin <3 <3
Used aD7t2AyYkatVzJH6. Thanks!

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Used: fHhH3egYxaXhw9Zs

Thanks a bunch, guys :toot:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
:siren:

Me and another goon were busy making the best possible playlist:

http://open.spotify.com/user/sheepfactory/playlist/1mnRU4B58pAHr9biK1O2HC Best music ever

Please add to this playlist goons.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!
Looks like EU invites should work for US goons too, so here's a bunch of mine:

1. d89chscAem3sC6sT
2. dSTcq4zehUyP37Lp
3. dgFBythUV4RxPzsr
4. bUZKPH7Ckkn2cKgE
5. fbazFhfcwUEtZZgY
6. cd8qFHEmDZY5Bs5Z
7. bdhq9Bn7J83rgwEt
8. e3NV8MyxAmN67WFY
9. a6AZLuEes4cMyZff
10. bMW8CYHdxaKxEXb7
11. eGTFKA3hRy4XZrWc

Reive
May 21, 2009

gimpfarfar posted:

Looks like EU invites should work for US goons too, so here's a bunch of mine:

10. bMW8CYHdxaKxEXb7
Took this one, thanks!

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

More codes, go crazy!

fgs4TDJfB9EwS7bh
c5LfKzEzSH4e9uNn
aT3hc4ewsr2G3RCF
cr6tHSqSdwUtPDdX
bxuPF259MwKbHfYT
dt6Jm7yZp7Vz3qar
fanemBtnBUW3bmud
bqyfkutgubGhkrKdS
a9cMdsJWTVbhFkVR
bAccu6aXSLKV3tUf
bxYUYKYU2PwTE7d3

Haud
Dec 6, 2007

World's Worst Interview

Kaboobi posted:

holy poo poo, Uncle Kracker? This playlist is horrifying (i'm still listening to it)

RoboBlaster
Mar 25, 2005

Run, Robot, Run.
Used fanemBtnBUW3bmud. Thanks idoliside!

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
So can someone tell me how the offline thing works with premium?

I have an ipod nano and an android phone. Will I be able to grab all the songs from the awesome 90's playlist and put them on my ipod/phone if I buy premium?

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

Duckman2008 posted:

Rdio/Spotify + Google Music = Success

I'm interested in how spotify's syncing of your personal library works, I haven't tried it. As mentioned there are some *big* holes in the library, but those can be easily filled.

Music quality is...pretty good. most of my other stuff is lame vbr, so I'd anticipate the premium HQ stuff could easily compete.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

invision posted:

So can someone tell me how the offline thing works with premium?

I have an ipod nano and an android phone. Will I be able to grab all the songs from the awesome 90's playlist and put them on my ipod/phone if I buy premium?
It works in the way that you choose which playlists you want to be playable offline on your device, which after some time syncing, they will be. They're just like regular playlists except they can be played even without an internet connection.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kaboobi posted:

Added some missing stuff. This is the worst/best thing.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

thrawn86 posted:

Music quality is...pretty good. most of my other stuff is lame vbr, so I'd anticipate the premium HQ stuff could easily compete.

According to the FAQ, the free service streams at 160 kbps, while premium users bump up to 320 kbps. There's also a low bandwidth option for the mobile app (96 kbps).

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

EasyEW posted:

According to the FAQ, the free service streams at 160 kbps, while premium users bump up to 320 kbps. There's also a low bandwidth option for the mobile app (96 kbps).

160k oggs, no less. Comparing to reference quality stuff you obviously lose a lot of highs and detail, but its still perfectly listen able, way better than pandora.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Anyone else getting ads and have music not continue after the ad is done?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Matt Cruea posted:

Added some missing stuff. This is the worst/best thing.

Guys it's okay to add to the list but please don't go around deleting random songs because you think "Peaches" by PotUSA or "Give It Away" by RHCP or "Shine" by Collective Soul doesn't deserve to be on the list of insanely overplayed 90s songs. :argh:

Joebyall
Jan 4, 2007
lol

gimpfarfar posted:

4. bUZKPH7Ckkn2cKgE

Grabbed this one! Awesome!

Adhemar
Jan 21, 2004

Kellner, da ist ein scheussliches Biest in meiner Suppe.

idoliside posted:

More codes, go crazy!

fgs4TDJfB9EwS7bh
c5LfKzEzSH4e9uNn
aT3hc4ewsr2G3RCF
cr6tHSqSdwUtPDdX
bxuPF259MwKbHfYT
dt6Jm7yZp7Vz3qar
fanemBtnBUW3bmud
bqyfkutgubGhkrKdS
a9cMdsJWTVbhFkVR
bAccu6aXSLKV3tUf
bxYUYKYU2PwTE7d3

Thanks! Used this one: cr6tHSqSdwUtPDdX.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

err posted:

Anyone else getting ads and have music not continue after the ad is done?

only once or twice.

I'm amazed at how snappy this is. searching/finding music is hellaciously fast, way faster than churning through my (expansive) local library and trudging through musicplasma or allmusic for new stuff.

The only thing I'm missing is lyrics. I have a lyrics plugin in foobar that finds lyrics for even the weirdest euro metal, and spotify can't even tag a lot of stuff properly.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kaboobi posted:

Guys it's okay to add to the list but please don't go around deleting random songs because you think "Peaches" by PotUSA or "Give It Away" by RHCP or "Shine" by Collective Soul doesn't deserve to be on the list of insanely overplayed 90s songs. :argh:

I didn't delete anything. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fabrini
Oct 4, 2000
I miss FIDOnet.

EasyEW posted:

A bunch of writeups from before the US launch talk about genre radio and artist radio options, but if that's in the US product, it's apparently not in the free version.

I have Premium, and it's not included. Apparently on launch day they listed it as a feature, but that was a mistake and it shouldn't have been there. Something is preventing them from doing "radio" features in the USA ... however from what I've read their radio feature was pretty bad, and so we're not missing much.

Here's a write-up on the difference between the UK version and the USA version of Spotify.
http://pansentient.com/2011/07/spotify-usa-vs-spotify-uk/

• Locked thread