Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero Trust
Dec 29, 2009

"the car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel..."
Can anyone comment on the stability or "workingness" of the Requiem For The Capital Wasteland mod (Yknow, the mod that merges NV/FO3?)

How are quests and scripted stuff? I understand FO3 and NV are very closely related under the hood but it still seems like something thatd end up janky..

e: also will it work with steam Fallout
3: GOTY?

Zero Trust fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Works pretty good, Sunny Smiles has a pathfinding issue with her first training quest if you have the DLC on. Works with Steam GOTY FO3.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

The Lone Badger posted:

The base game?

High Stealth and Silent Running. Sneak up to them and hit them with something heavy (if using an automatic melee weapon like a chainsaw be sure to use VATS). Sneak attack crit does massive damage and they die.
All Melee and Unarmed weapons are silent.

I have FOOK and PN (along with a few other, smaller content things) installed, but I'm pretty sure neither made any changes to it. Whenever I melee kill someone, anyone within 100 feet or so always knows instantly.

And my sneak is 100 and I do have that perk. And yes, I am using VATS, though I wasn't before and now that I'm trying to pull it off on the ghost people, maybe it's a bit different (even though it still makes everyone near aware when I sever a limb in the first hit).

Another odd question, but how do you level up the implants in PN?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I have FOOK and PN (along with a few other, smaller content things) installed, but I'm pretty sure neither made any changes to it. Whenever I melee kill someone, anyone within 100 feet or so always knows instantly.

And my sneak is 100 and I do have that perk. And yes, I am using VATS, though I wasn't before and now that I'm trying to pull it off on the ghost people, maybe it's a bit different (even though it still makes everyone near aware when I sever a limb in the first hit).

PN makes changes to Stealth and AI Detection. It's configurable, but by default Sneaking is set to "Harder", meaning you won't be able to exploit the AI as easily. This might have some effect on nearby enemies reacting to a stealth kill. There's also an experimental detection system that is off by default.

EDIT: Hey, CapnBeeb:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
See that's precisely what I want, just with the antique sawed off in the Armory mod. Little bit longer barrels, no more than 20", fixed wood stock, double hammers.

Classy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think the odd crashing bug I am getting near "The Narrows" in Honest Hearts is related to the follower, "Follows-Chalke". Because he was a distance away from me this time and it didn't crash until he caught up with me inside the Sarrows base.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Bug report for the armory I guess, maybe you already know about it, but the Bren Gun? has a jacked up texture path on the clip that sticks up in the air above the gun.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

If I use Energy Weapons, is that mod that removes the piles of ash/goo still necessary? Or this isn't a issue anymore?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 18, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now it crashes whenever I enter the Sorrows territory. I can't finish this DLC, can someone please help me fix this crash? I tried turning different mods, but nothing seems to fix it.

[edit] Oh wow, even with no mods on, it still crashes at that point!

Rirse fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 18, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mr. Crow posted:

Bug report for the armory I guess, maybe you already know about it, but the Bren Gun? has a jacked up texture path on the clip that sticks up in the air above the gun.

Yeah, we know. Someone mentioned it on the last page, but it was also the first fix we made after 2.0's release. :)

Still, keep the reports coming. Without testers we're doing the best we can and I'd say we've still put out a pretty polished product despite it.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Alright, I'm trying to use GECK to modify a mod (for personal use) so that it adds some capability with some other mods. The problem is, apparently error messages aren't showing up in GECK. Now, when I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, it would help to know what went wrong. Especially when it won't save.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kgummy posted:

Alright, I'm trying to use GECK to modify a mod (for personal use) so that it adds some capability with some other mods. The problem is, apparently error messages aren't showing up in GECK. Now, when I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, it would help to know what went wrong. Especially when it won't save.

Your scripts aren't saving or the mod itself won't save? If a script doesn't save then you probably have a typo or an empty reference somewhere in the script. Thanks to some malevolent GECK creator it will not show you where, though. If it is a sort list the best way to find it (that I've found) is divide the script in quarters in a duplicate new project, see which ones save and which ones don't, rinse and repeat until you find the exact error.

If the mod itself won't save then I have no idea, unless you are tagging another mod as your active project so it doesn't ask for a new file name. I've never had the geck flat out refuse to save a mod, though.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, is there some modification that can be made to GECK to add the error messages back? Or some way to find out who removed them? Because drat was it stupid to remove error messages.

Edit: Okay for some reason, once I messed with it, the script did save. Yet the title bar didn't change to signify that it was saved, leaving the 'There's unsaved stuff *'. Is there some other notification? At this point I just want to punch the person(s) responsible for the lack of notification. Is the one used by official devs actually give this notification? Because if so, why would they not let us use that version?

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 18, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

VisAbsoluta posted:

If I use Energy Weapons, is that mod that removes the piles of ash/goo still necessary? Or this isn't a issue anymore?

it is still necessary unless you install a mod that makes them purge on cell load

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SheepNameKiller posted:

it is still necessary unless you install a mod that makes them purge on cell load

Wait, are you kidding me? This is still a thing? I thought this was something that was left behind with Fallout 3. Crazy.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait, are you kidding me? This is still a thing? I thought this was something that was left behind with Fallout 3. Crazy.

Yeah it's still a thing, obviously cumulative filesize and game bloat occurs for many reasons but the ash and goo piles never disappearing doesn't really help it much. I've seen the flags myself and ash and goo are both missing genericdisableonnextload unless you activate the flag yourself using a mod.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Is there a mod that does that already up? On that note, corpses do go away, right? (Haven't played enough to check that, yet)

Two things I've noticed that need fixing up in the OP:
The Warhammer4K mod was made private, so kinda pointless to have it in there.
Goacbcs Freeplay after MainQuest is no longer supported, but recommends this mod.

And for some more general mod questions:
Does the existence 2.0 mod port have the questline intact?
Has anyone tried out Project Ultimatium? It seems interesting, but I'm not sure.
Found a :420: mod looking through the 'recent changes', in case anyone is interested. Side note: It actually has 420 comments right now.
And since it was mentioned within the past few pages, I also found a dog eye fix.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

PN makes changes to Stealth and AI Detection. It's configurable, but by default Sneaking is set to "Harder", meaning you won't be able to exploit the AI as easily. This might have some effect on nearby enemies reacting to a stealth kill. There's also an experimental detection system that is off by default.

Forgot about that, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

On this subject, and since you were the one that found it out, to what weapons does the Knife in the Shadow perk in More Perks actually apply?

ceo n. morgan
Feb 2, 2011

Kgummy posted:

Goacbcs Freeplay after MainQuest is no longer supported, but recommends this mod.
Shady Sands and The Hub in New Vegas? Ambitious and likely to never be made.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Kgummy posted:

Is there a mod that does that already up? On that note, corpses do go away, right? (Haven't played enough to check that, yet)

Two things I've noticed that need fixing up in the OP:
The Warhammer4K mod was made private, so kinda pointless to have it in there.

And for some more general mod questions:
Does the existence 2.0 mod port have the questline intact?
Has anyone tried out Project Ultimatium? It seems interesting, but I'm not sure.
Found a :420: mod looking through the 'recent changes', in case anyone is interested. Side note: It actually has 420 comments right now.
And since it was mentioned within the past few pages, I also found a dog eye fix.

Nexus mods go private all the time, I usually give them a couple of weeks before I consider them dead in the water and remove them from the OP. Thanks for the heads up on Goabcs' mod. OP updated.

The Existence 2.0 port doesn't have any quests attached to it, it's just a radio station in New Vegas.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Forgot about that, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

On this subject, and since you were the one that found it out, to what weapons does the Knife in the Shadow perk in More Perks actually apply?

According to the documentation:

"Straight Razor
Assassin Knife
Figaro
Machete
Chopper
Machete gladius
Boone's Mechete
Combat Knife
Ripper
Shiskebab
Switchblade
Cass's Knife"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 18, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Kgummy posted:

Found a :420: mod looking through the 'recent changes', in case anyone is interested

Just fyi this mod fuckin' owns.

E:

Hangin' out on the porch watching a storm come in, yup.

Look at this loving square giving me the stink eye.

:dealwithit:

Trudy looked at me a bit strange too but I just told her to observe the current time as indicated by her own clock.

:c00lbert::clint:

OFF INTO THE UNKNOWN~~

I wanted to go get the recipes to roll my own poo poo, so off to New Vegas. Some Fiends didn't like me coming on their turf and decided to come at me.

Sheeeeeit. :clint:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 18, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Okay, the crash is somehow connected to the day and night of all things. At night I can get near the bridge leading to the Sorrow camp before crashing, but during the day I can't even walk past the sign! What would cause this to happen?

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
So will the new Armory version work with existing saves?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Okay, the crash is somehow connected to the day and night of all things. At night I can get near the bridge leading to the Sorrow camp before crashing, but during the day I can't even walk past the sign! What would cause this to happen?

What weather mod are you using?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What weather mod are you using?

Nevada Skies.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

I might upload a save if this keeps up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Nevada Skies.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

I might upload a save if this keeps up.

Aren't you supposed to just use one URWLified? I know that with Nevada Skies (not URWLified) the Honest Hearts version replaces the original Nevada Skies .esp and you aren't supposed to use both simultaneously.

Actually, yeah:

Description for Nevada Skies URWLified 2.9:
"Weather follows on fasttravel, don't install this together with NSkies 063 ESP or URWLified for Honest Hearts"

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Aren't you supposed to just use one URWLified? I know that with Nevada Skies (not URWLified) the Honest Hearts version replaces the original Nevada Skies .esp and you aren't supposed to use both simultaneously.

Actually, yeah:

Description for Nevada Skies URWLified 2.9:
"Weather follows on fasttravel, don't install this together with NSkies 063 ESP or URWLified for Honest Hearts"

Oops. I will try that tomorrow. Do I have to go into a building to reset the weather, because deactivating mods outdoors and heading toward that crash zone doesn't change anything.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

According to the documentation:

Ah, I didn't expect that to be in there. Thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

Oops. I will try that tomorrow. Do I have to go into a building to reset the weather, because deactivating mods outdoors and heading toward that crash zone doesn't change anything.

I know I should probably know the official procedure for swapping weather mods on the fly, but I think it's pretty much going indoors, deactivating the mod, saving the game, activating a new weather mod, and loading the indoor "clean" save.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Sheeeeeit. :clint:

Where are those glasses from? They're loving awesome.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I removed the two extra weather mods, but it still crashes upon reaching the bridge to the Sorrow base.

Here is the quick save I made, please tell me if it has the same crash happening.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jp57l9

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Upmarket Mango posted:

Where are those glasses from? They're loving awesome.

Right here :)

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36333

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Rirse posted:

I removed the two extra weather mods, but it still crashes upon reaching the bridge to the Sorrow base.

Here is the quick save I made, please tell me if it has the same crash happening.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jp57l9

Hate to say it, but it's not crashing on mine. And that's considering I shoehorned your quicksave into my own 30+ mod load order.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Pull them out and take them to a workbench. If they're upgradeable (not all are) there will be a recipe.

The recipe only appears when the implant is in your inventory.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cubemario posted:

So will the new Armory version work with existing saves?

Yeah. If you want to remove it with minimal potential save game problems just remove all Armory weapons from your inventory and then save.

The Sweetling
May 13, 2005

BOOMSHAKALAKA
Fun Shoe

Kgummy posted:

Wow, I was wondering if/when someone would make a ganja mod. What's surprising is how much thought and detail went into this.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Besides the Monster MOd, is there anything similar to Martigen's Monster Mods for Oblivion and F3?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Does The Armory mod a ton of weapons with no regard to quality or does it only add ones that fit the setting? The thing that annoys the hell out of me with most weapons on the nexus are that they're just straight CS:S/whatever ports with no regard to making them look setting appropriate.

I'm assuming it does because I can't imagine there being 200 of anything good on the Nexus, let alone weapons :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Random dumb questions, i have the poncho mod installed, can i find it in the game or do i have to console it in?