Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
If you still need an invite, try some of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Matt Cruea posted:

I didn't delete anything. :(
I know you added some cool stuff after the fact, someone was just butthurt about some stuff on there I guess.

Maultaschen
Jan 19, 2004

err posted:

Anyone else getting ads and have music not continue after the ad is done?

I ran into this (and songs not moving to the next one) fairly often last night. Eventually I figured out that resizing the window in some way would somehow get it unstuck and move on. Maybe it had something to do with the banner ads moving around.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is anyone else having problem with playlist synching to the iphone taking forever?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
No matter how many times I restart, I can't get Fatboy Slim's track "Machines can do the Work" to go past 11 seconds. This is since like 8am today.

Also I'm really confused as to why Spotify has a lot of my local iTunes Library tracks doubled up. (but not all.)

A real pain in the rear end to be listening and hear the same tracks twice.

Megalodon
Dec 10, 2007

BITCH, I'D RATHER KEEP MY PTSD THAN HAVE YOUR BITCH ASS TRY TO HELP

DUNSON'D
Used: aTYZwxhuktuYzbg2

Thanks a lot! :)

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

gimpfarfar posted:

Looks like EU invites should work for US goons too, so here's a bunch of mine:
7. bdhq9Bn7J83rgwEt

Used this one, thanks a lot!

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

Kaboobi posted:

Guys it's okay to add to the list but please don't go around deleting random songs because you think "Peaches" by PotUSA or "Give It Away" by RHCP or "Shine" by Collective Soul doesn't deserve to be on the list of insanely overplayed 90s songs. :argh:

I did this. My bad :(. I incorrectly assumed it would only affect the playlist on my client, not the actual playlist. Also, the only reason I deleted them was because Spotify claimed they are not available for streaming in the US. I only have a free account so I'm not sure if a premium upgrade would change that at all.

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Used:

ionn posted:

Them codes are like hot cakes.

bXhdTFCSPR8mZJ5u

Thanks!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Feenix posted:

No matter how many times I restart, I can't get Fatboy Slim's track "Machines can do the Work" to go past 11 seconds. This is since like 8am today.

About one track in ten isn't loading for me. It doesn't even try to do so and just stops playback instead of going on to something else. I'm on Premium so it's not ads. Irritating.

Ran into your problem once or twice last night.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
It makes sense, but it's annoying that all the albums are US versions. This is fine for most stuff but if I want a compilation, say Ministry of Sound's Annual 2011, I get the US version instead of the UK version, which are completely different.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Eegah posted:

About one track in ten isn't loading for me. It doesn't even try to do so and just stops playback instead of going on to something else. I'm on Premium so it's not ads. Irritating.

I'm getting this problem as well, don't really see how they can be having this many problems given how long the service has existed in other countries. Oh well, still an awesome deal for an eventual $4.99.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm getting this problem as well, don't really see how they can be having this many problems given how long the service has existed in other countries. Oh well, still an awesome deal for an eventual $4.99.

It's probably some hardware/bandwidth problem they need to work out since what you describe hasn't happened to me in years.

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

Hey, I just got to use this in the U.S. because Spotify e-mailed me and I'm wondering if the 20 hours of listening per month limitation is there? I really cannot find conclusive answers to this.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Monitor posted:

Hey, I just got to use this in the U.S. because Spotify e-mailed me and I'm wondering if the 20 hours of listening per month limitation is there? I really cannot find conclusive answers to this.

More to the point, is there a way we'd be able to tell if the 20 hour limitation had gone into effect? Besides the service cutting off at the time limit, of course...

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 18, 2011

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Eegah posted:

Ran into your problem once or twice last night.

Ya tonight is the first night that I've had any problems, pretty much nothing is loading for me.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

EasyEW posted:

More to the point, is there a way we'd be able to tell if the 20 hour limitation had gone into effect? Besides the service cutting off at the time limit, of course...

The client has a status bar that tells you how many hours you have remaining.

Monitor
Dec 28, 2010

Klaus Kinski posted:

The client has a status bar that tells you how many hours you have remaining.

Mine doesn't have this status bar, does that mean I have limitless streaming for free for good? I don't quite believe that, I just noticed the window at the top says Spotify Free, if that matters.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Monitor posted:

Mine doesn't have this status bar, does that mean I have limitless streaming for free for good? I don't quite believe that, I just noticed the window at the top says Spotify Free, if that matters.

I take it that means we just have limitless free streaming for now (as more than a few folks have been saying), which is perfect for kicking the tires and taking a few laps around the block.

Thanks Klaus Kinski, this is a good thing to know.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
20 hours limit is not in states for now. They probably dont want to turn off people with it before they get as many subscribers as they can.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

keyframe posted:

20 hours limit is not in states for now. They probably dont want to turn off people with it before they get as many subscribers as they can.

Mine does, but I used the UK proxy trick to get in, so I'm guessing thats why.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I just got a US invite. Is the Android app useless on the free account? I can add a playlist to my phone, but it just sticks at Pending and never syncs.

Is the sync feature only for your personal MP3's?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

GigaPeon posted:

I just got a US invite. Is the Android app useless on the free account? I can add a playlist to my phone, but it just sticks at Pending and never syncs.

Is the sync feature only for your personal MP3's?

If I'm not mistaken, the app only really syncs once you get the Premium upgrade.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
You can play local files whatever the account type. And not just MP3, it does some other formats too. It also tries to "fill in" whatever you play streamed with local files if they're available, and if you do, it doesn't count against any time limits.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Here is another 12 invites for you mothers:

bN9JPdEtYTS3KUTh
eYAfUBfGpZNY8pnx
adc6PBBTTMfmkAmX
eCAbMtGUuUDmkm9p
b8tcYgT96CLztJHf
cqABU7LEPfKdWASw
bDPkFgUbMVwXJCVw
azh33HpwDS5JhdLG
cPV28cfdKXLGuqyB
aGJSe42daNbAEJFY
dLmFPbLMZpVNdA5q
d6CSkZ7hLr8Jnnap

Also please feel free to contribute to my Woo songs playlist. All songs must have Woo in them
http://open.spotify.com/user/soylentcola/playlist/71CF3l3EpfxyQesYKKNLXt Wooo songs (must contain wooo)

SoylentCola fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 18, 2011

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The app only works for subscribers.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 18, 2011

PicsNao
Jul 23, 2008
Here's one invite I have left:
cVRxbdBs5dYe7dw4

Funkyboss
Feb 24, 2002
OK, I signed up for Premium in the US and I'm noticing that I can't play that free mix tape from The Weeknd - House Of Balloons on either of my computers. I downloaded another copy directly from their web site and I still can't get it to work. Anyone else in the US having this problem or been unable to play other local tracks? I've restarted the client, deleted out and re-added the files and cleared the cache - nothing.

wlokos
Nov 12, 2007

At a glance, I'm really enjoying Spotify. I love how easy it makes it to share music with other people - you can send along entire playlists without having to worry about where people can go and find the music, which is so much better than posting links to lovely youtube videos for people to hear songs with.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

zalderach posted:

Here are some codes.

fuTZbxtbxcRmGa2n

I used this one. Thanks!

Jam2
Jan 15, 2008

With Energy For Mayhem
I used b8tcYgT96CLztJHf

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

zalderach posted:

Here are some codes.

fmPyAx4hhEupBytp
cckYPkB5ESPLEr9u

I used the second one and the last one for myself and a friend. Thanks a bunch for all the codes!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

zalderach posted:

Here are some codes.

cYF6W8nE55cdTLZG

I used that one, thanks

Kiba
Jan 2, 2005

If anyone needs an invite, here's a few:

fDqZkwb2w3XnA7kb
eq7ZF3zgSnHA8HEU
cNtdSH2w7aM9Lqbz
cHs77Hr2Lw5MKcRR
fmuYygXW47z3xzff
bupudJaEdVJLCyaM
bPbS54AFTRrStChR
ae4gL4VbBTcM8gtS
e6qDtRyCJkL6J7z5
aHyDXaTa7ytgbGRn
chgC9uf7Aktg7STH
beqgE32M8e7Hb9c2
e4HwzMTwwuT5PgYd

Kiba fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 18, 2011

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Used beqgE32M8e7Hb9c2 from Kiba.
e4HwzMTwwuT5PgYd appears to have already been used.

Race Warp
Mar 10, 2005

I swoon over Alex Smith's dreamy eyebrows
Used chgC9uf7Aktg7STH from kiba, thanks!

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
So is it better to Star albums I want to add to my library or create Playlists from those albums? On the Desktop starring seems better, but the Android mobile app doesn't want to list my starred stuff any other way but by Title, regardless of album or artist, which is really annoying unless I'm doing something wrong.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Used bupudJaEdVJLCyaM, thanks!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I completely forgot I created this thread. I went ahead and added a link to request invites.

I just signed up for my month of free premium service. Time to see if it's worth the $10 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup in a Bag
Dec 4, 2009
Used cHs77Hr2Lw5MKcRR from Kiba (thanks!). All the ones below that have already been used.

• Locked thread