Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

Glass Joe posted:

I've seen this scene too, but can't place it. I want to say it's from a TV show, the pilot episode of Undeclared comes to mind for some reason, but it's been a while since I've seen that. How old would you say the kid was?

I've actually seen that pilot (only ep of Undeclared I've seen) and it isn't that.

I think the kid was maybe 13-15-ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

You Are A Elf posted:

You're making me feel old, because I first saw this on HBO around 1984 and instantly became one of my childhood favorites, but you're thinking of Twice Upon A Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrUqzxaKqyY

This is really one of those movies that should get a proper Blu-ray release by now since it's been out-of-print for years. My old 1989 VHS copy has seen better days...

Elf, thank you SO MUCH. I've been looking for this for at least 10 years...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Superrodan posted:

I saw a scene from a movie on a classic movie channel a while back, most likely TCM while I was in a coffee shop.

It had three people standing in different positions looking in different directions but still talking to one another (as far as I could tell, since it was muted). This scene with the three characters went on for a long time in movie terms, and the people didn't really ever move or look at one another.

The blocking was very interesting for a movie, so I was wondering what it was. It gave me a sense of uneasyness, betrayal, and a failed attempt at reconciliation without ever hearing any of the dialogue.

I don't know what you mean by the standing part, but I feel like there's something like this in Band of Outsiders.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

fenix down posted:

Was it black and white? What were they wearing? What kind of room was it?

I don't remember the room and I think it was in color. You only saw the character in front from about the waist or chest up, if I believe. They were basically looking in the direction of the camera but not right after it.

It was a VERY visually striking scene and it seems like if you had seen the movie you would remember it.

The camera didn't move, and for a LONG time the characters didn't move. I think it was at least three or four minutes without movement. They did talk to one another during that time, but they didn't really look at eachother, they just kept looking where they were looking.

EDIT: In Band of Outsiders it seems like the famous scenes are the silence scene and the dancing scene and neither of those are it.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 14, 2011

Big Meat Eater 2003
Oct 2, 2009

by I Ozma Myself
Identify this movie please goons:

-It was set in New York City
-There were these large bugs that infested the old New York Subway system.
-They came out at night to feed on people
-Somehow they could also look like people too (??)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Big Meat Eater 2003 posted:

Identify this movie please goons:

-It was set in New York City
-There were these large bugs that infested the old New York Subway system.
-They came out at night to feed on people
-Somehow they could also look like people too (??)

Mimic and its hilarious sequels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-GB11uyTI

Big Meat Eater 2003
Oct 2, 2009

by I Ozma Myself

Neo Rasa posted:

Mimic and its hilarious sequels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-GB11uyTI

HOLY poo poo WTF

Guillermo del Toro directs it!? I'm going to have to rewatch it, I remembered it being pretty good

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

Blue Pony posted:

*Edit* Also an animated movie about a caterpillar who has bossy sisters who goes on an adventure and finds a magic book that teaches her how to knit a cocoon and become the first ever butterfly or something. I do remember it had an odd sequel where her and her kids fight martians.

Katy la Oruga (Katy the Caterpillar). Cute old movie.

There was this horror movie I watched in the late 80s or 90s (likely the latter). It had a reddish monster that could produce a super long tongue. What I remember most for some reason is a TV appearance from some big company representative or something like that, saying the fears of radiation pollution were unfounded, then saying the regular wristwatch he's wearing right then would be more hazardous.

Rings any bells?

phelps fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 15, 2011

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

phelps posted:

Katy la Oruga (Katy the Caterpillar). Cute old movie.

There was this horror movie I watched in the late 80s or 90s (likely the latter). It had a reddish monster that could produce a super long tongue. What I remember most for some reason is a TV appearance from some big company representative or something like that, saying the fears of radiation pollution were unfounded, then saying the regular wristwatch he's wearing right then would be more hazardous.

Rings any bells?

The Being starring Martin Landau

EDIT: Featuring one ridiculous looking monster:

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 16, 2011

AstroLabia
Dec 6, 2008

Mouser.. posted:

Whoa for a second I thought this was supposed to be Katy.

content, need help!: I saw this movie when I was little, I think it was made in the 70s/80s of a boy who finds a monster living under a overpass/bridge(?) in a city (Brooklyn? Chicago?). The boy befriends the monster, but then... I don't remember. :( (It's not The Neverending Story) I think the monster was a griffin or a dragon or something. I have been trying to figure this out FOREVER. I think I saw it many times when I was little but not since I was 6 or something, so it's all very blurry.

NINbuntu 64
Feb 11, 2007

Kachumber posted:

Whoa for a second I thought this was supposed to be Katy.

content, need help!: I saw this movie when I was little, I think it was made in the 70s/80s of a boy who finds a monster living under a overpass/bridge(?) in a city (Brooklyn? Chicago?). The boy befriends the monster, but then... I don't remember. :( (It's not The Neverending Story) I think the monster was a griffin or a dragon or something. I have been trying to figure this out FOREVER. I think I saw it many times when I was little but not since I was 6 or something, so it's all very blurry.

A Troll in Central Park?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I have another long, long shot, but you guys are movie heroes --

This would have been from the middle to late eighties, a sci fi/horror tale. A man, or perhaps a man and a woman, likely in spacesuits or other outer atmosphere gear, are captured by the 'bad guys,' and when first meeting with the head bad guy, he takes off his helmet/mask and beneath it is a disgusting, perhaps worm-infested face?

I remember seeing that as a kid and it scaring the crap out of me.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Kachumber posted:

A Gnome Named Gnorm?

Edit: Also possibly Scorch

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A long time ago I watched a movie on TV about a guy who was infected by some alien disease i think?? so he turned martian or something and his skin got all gross and crusty and poo poo.

then at the end of the movie his skin cracked open and out emerged a man without skin.

I think it was something about aliens, at least.
This has been bugging me for years

edit: also he had a wife i think

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

eightpole posted:

A long time ago I watched a movie on TV about a guy who was infected by some alien disease i think?? so he turned martian or something and his skin got all gross and crusty and poo poo.

then at the end of the movie his skin cracked open and out emerged a man without skin.

Could this have been an episode of the 90's Outer Limits series?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

eightpole posted:

Was it definitely an alien? This sounds a lot like The Fly II.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Neo Rasa posted:

Was it definitely an alien? This sounds a lot like The Fly II.

Ive seen the Fly II and it was not it, although the gross effects were kind of similar.

Pweller posted:

Could this have been an episode of the 90's Outer Limits series?
Probably not since they didn't send those over here.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

eightpole posted:

Robin Cook's Invasion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1vzXkUJUI

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Action Jacktion posted:

Robin Cook's Invasion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1vzXkUJUI

holy mother of balls that is it. thanks!

Rello
Jan 19, 2010
There is a movie I watched around 5-8 years ago on a VHS, I don't remember too much about it except for a few scenes, if someone can identify it from that, that would be awesome.

It may have been a Crime Comedy movie, probably from the Late 80's to 90's..

There's one scene where a woman is at the police station identifying a criminal, the police officer shows her a sketch of something silly (I think it was a sketch of Mr. Potato Head or something?) and she screams "Yes, that's the man!". (Later in the movie you see the dude in the background handcuffed and being led into the police station by some cops.

The other scene I remember is when one the main character gets in bed with some chick, the camera switches to a nearby clock, it ticks over one minute. Then he says something to the girl (I think about it being the best sex of his life?) and leaves.

The entire movie was just a string of jokes and no real serious story line if I recall.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Rello posted:

There is a movie I watched around 5-8 years ago on a VHS, I don't remember too much about it except for a few scenes, if someone can identify it from that, that would be awesome.

It may have been a Crime Comedy movie, probably from the Late 80's to 90's..

There's one scene where a woman is at the police station identifying a criminal, the police officer shows her a sketch of something silly (I think it was a sketch of Mr. Potato Head or something?) and she screams "Yes, that's the man!". (Later in the movie you see the dude in the background handcuffed and being led into the police station by some cops.

The other scene I remember is when one the main character gets in bed with some chick, the camera switches to a nearby clock, it ticks over one minute. Then he says something to the girl (I think about it being the best sex of his life?) and leaves.

The entire movie was just a string of jokes and no real serious story line if I recall.

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107659/

Rello
Jan 19, 2010

Topper Harley posted:

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107659/

Haha, nice. Thanks a lot.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

Kachumber posted:

I remember watching this sometime between 1997-2000 on basic cable/antenna in my tree house (yes my tree house had a tv).

Genre: Horror / slasher. Looked like it was made in the 90s?, kinda cheap (maybe direct to video?); Was violent and scary to my 10 year old brain but was actually probably pretty cheesy.

Plot points: I remember it taking place in a haunted or booby-trapped mansion of some kind. All these people are there to attend a party (?), I think a costume party. One woman is dressed like Cleopatra and ends up dying by being trapped in a loom, and the threads start going through her skin. Another person is killed by a clock where every time the clock strikes the hour a guillotine blade or axe comes down inside the clock (someone gets their head stuck in there and dies). There may have also been a time limit until the doors to the house could open so they had to spend 12 hours in there and live (but now it sounds like I'm describing House on Haunted Hill so maybe I misremembered that part).

This thread is drat impressive by the way.

I think I saw this movie a long time ago. It was in color, but probably made in the 1960s, and had Vincent Price in it. One scene I remember is somebody is wearing a frog mask and then some clockwork gears start turning in the back of the mask and it constricts on the wearer's head and crushes their skull.

Edit: I missed the part about the movie looking like it was from the 90s. Mine was definitely 60s or 70s.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I think I saw this movie a long time ago. It was in color, but probably made in the 1960s, and had Vincent Price in it. One scene I remember is somebody is wearing a frog mask and then some clockwork gears start turning in the back of the mask and it constricts on the wearer's head and crushes their skull.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes

Deadman63
Apr 16, 2005

1) Movie set in what I remember to be early 20 century city, maybe New York. Girl and her brother(?) live with two deaf parents in the city. Only scene I remember is the girl listening to music, and getting her father to feel the beat by putting his hand on the radio. They start dancing, and the mother gets pissed and shuts the radio off, and the father keeps dancing because he can't tell. Then the possibly brother falls out a window and dies; can't remember more after that. Watched this in the early 80's, pretty sure it was in colour.

2) Cheesy horror movie, more than likely from the eighties (had that cheap 80's slasher feel to it). Guy in mental hospital tracks a woman down to a movie set in the desert, then terrorizes everybody there. Highlights included: mental guy ramming a truck full of kids, one falls off and his coat changes from blue to red when the very obvious dummy is run over, mental guy catching a rattlesnake with his bare hands, the ripping a chunk out of it with his teeth, and finally mental guy kills a workman on the movie set, and literally uses his body as a pillow. It was awesomely bad, would love to see it again.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Reposting an old one:

A few months ago I saw ads on youtube for their VOD service. They were showing the trailer to this real low budget festival-darling indie, that was about a teenaged girl who finds a stranger on a beach. Her mom's all "get him out of the house or we're leaving." Lots of handheld. Looked like it was the East Coast, maybe the Jersey Shore? It was pretty acclaimed, apparently. The ad was before OpenFlix, if it helps. It probably doesn't.

Does anybody know what this was?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Deadman63 posted:

1) Movie set in what I remember to be early 20 century city, maybe New York. Girl and her brother(?) live with two deaf parents in the city. Only scene I remember is the girl listening to music, and getting her father to feel the beat by putting his hand on the radio. They start dancing, and the mother gets pissed and shuts the radio off, and the father keeps dancing because he can't tell. Then the possibly brother falls out a window and dies; can't remember more after that. Watched this in the early 80's, pretty sure it was in colour.

Googling "movie deaf parents" led me to this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089510/

AstroLabia
Dec 6, 2008

MrGreenShirt posted:

A Gnome Named Gnorm?

Welp, I know what I'm renting tonight.... :downs:

seriously tho, don't think that's it. Or a Troll in Central Park (assuming there was only ever an animated version).

For some reason, for years in my head the monster was a griffin. Which seems weird now because I think there's been like 4 movies EVER that have even had griffins in them. (why no griffin love?)

For all I know the movie was called Griffin. :ohdear:

Are there any other fantasy (kid safe) 70s/80s films that take place in a urban setting for that matter?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Saw a movie 30 years ago. Involved a guy and he did stuff in it. Quick, find it goons.

But really, here's a request I made years ago that was never found: I caught something on TV in the late 80s, though I suspect it was made in the 70s or maybe even earlier. It was a horror film or TV show of some kind and the only scene I remember was someone (a little boy, maybe) being in a bedroom. There was a malevolent presence there, like a ghost or demon, and the room turned very bright red and the boy/person suddenly began choking. I also want to say that there was a shot of the house from outside, it looking very typically haunted-housey, and you could see the bright red glowing window on the second floor. It had enough of an effect on me that I drew a very crude picture of the house with the glowing window as a kindergartener and titled it "The Room in Red". No movies by that name, and keyword searches/Google scouring always reveal nothing.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Origami Dali posted:

Saw a movie 30 years ago. Involved a guy and he did stuff in it. Quick, find it goons.

But really, here's a request I made years ago that was never found: I caught something on TV in the late 80s, though I suspect it was made in the 70s or maybe even earlier. It was a horror film or TV show of some kind and the only scene I remember was someone (a little boy, maybe) being in a bedroom. There was a malevolent presence there, like a ghost or demon, and the room turned very bright red and the boy/person suddenly began choking. I also want to say that there was a shot of the house from outside, it looking very typically haunted-housey, and you could see the bright red glowing window on the second floor. It had enough of an effect on me that I drew a very crude picture of the house with the glowing window as a kindergartener and titled it "The Room in Red". No movies by that name, and keyword searches/Google scouring always reveal nothing.

I don't specifically remember the red glowing, but the rest sounds a little bit like The Lady In White.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095484/

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Origami Dali posted:

A few wild shots, but it sounds a little bit like a scene in Close Encounters of the Third Kind when the kid gets abducted.

Could also be possibly one of the Amityville Horror movies, but I've only ever seen the first, and its Ryan Reynolds remake.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I was going to suggest Amityville from what was mentioned.

In particular, this scene from the second movie.
http://movieclips.com/oNtx8-amityville-2-the-possession-movie-the-possession/

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It isn't any of those, though Lady in White is nostalgia-tastic. That Amityville II clip is similar to what I'm looking for in some ways, but when I say the room glows red, I mean really bright, blinding red. Suspiria red. And I'm 75% or so sure that it was a kid being choked. Good guesses, though.

HammyJ
Jan 26, 2006
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
Get Low thats the one!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Kachumber posted:

I remember watching this sometime between 1997-2000 on basic cable/antenna in my tree house (yes my tree house had a tv).

Genre: Horror / slasher. Looked like it was made in the 90s?, kinda cheap (maybe direct to video?); Was violent and scary to my 10 year old brain but was actually probably pretty cheesy.

Plot points: I remember it taking place in a haunted or booby-trapped mansion of some kind. All these people are there to attend a party (?), I think a costume party. One woman is dressed like Cleopatra and ends up dying by being trapped in a loom, and the threads start going through her skin. Another person is killed by a clock where every time the clock strikes the hour a guillotine blade or axe comes down inside the clock (someone gets their head stuck in there and dies). There may have also been a time limit until the doors to the house could open so they had to spend 12 hours in there and live (but now it sounds like I'm describing House on Haunted Hill so maybe I misremembered that part).

This thread is drat impressive by the way.

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Edit: I missed the part about the movie looking like it was from the 90s. Mine was definitely 60s or 70s.

I think you're talking about House on Haunted Hill 1999 and House on Haunted Hill 1959. Vincent Price version is better.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

headcas3 posted:

I think you're talking about House on Haunted Hill 1999 and House on Haunted Hill 1959. Vincent Price version is better.

No, ClearAirTurbulence's is definitely The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals

Origami Dali posted:

It isn't any of those, though Lady in White is nostalgia-tastic. That Amityville II clip is similar to what I'm looking for in some ways, but when I say the room glows red, I mean really bright, blinding red. Suspiria red. And I'm 75% or so sure that it was a kid being choked. Good guesses, though.

'From Beyond' has many sequences where the room goes beyond bright red to hot pink. Could definitely be what you're looking for :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU7AxAbYJOE&feature=related

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What movie is it where the guy sticks a paperclip in a light socket to short the power so he can escape from the cops?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Action Andy posted:

'From Beyond' has many sequences where the room goes beyond bright red to hot pink. Could definitely be what you're looking for :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU7AxAbYJOE&feature=related

Pretty sure that isn't it, but holy poo poo why haven't I seen this before? It looks insane, and has Ken Foree to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0069
Jan 1, 2006

nice dolphin, nigga

penismightier posted:

What movie is it where the guy sticks a paperclip in a light socket to short the power so he can escape from the cops?

Wargames?