Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Epi Lepi posted:

KOTOR 2 wasn't that good. This forum needs to stop sucking the dick of an unfinished game with forgettable characters. The only memorable one was Kreia and gently caress that bitch, she wasn't seductive she was blatantly a oval office, of course she was evil.
I'll be the first to admit that it isn't a perfect game. It's buggy as hell, the gameplay is far too easily broken, everything past Peragus feels unfinished, far too many of the areras are a drag to get through, half of the environments are dull and boring and the other half are coppied from KotOR1, more than a few of the characters are over-used Star Wars archetypes and the endgame Everything past the Dantooine council is about as anticlimactic as you can get.

But I still rate it as one of the best games I've ever played. The atmosphere of the game is absolutely top notch, and some of the things they tried to do (survival horror atmosphere in Star Wars. Seriously) While it may not have always worked it made it all feel special and unique.

And yes, Kreia is an evil oval office, but she never overstays her welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Epi Lepi posted:

KOTOR 2 wasn't that good. This forum needs to stop sucking the dick of an unfinished game with forgettable characters. The only memorable one was Kreia and gently caress that bitch, she wasn't seductive she was blatantly a oval office, of course she was evil.

Pure pazaak. Pure pazaak. Pure Pazaak.

One of the best patch notes I have ever read.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Has anyone here ever tried to make a Pazaak deck? It's really addicting.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I wasted far too much time in both KOTOR games by saying, "Just one more hand..." way too many times.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Dufflover from the LucasForums made a stand alone version of the game. It's called Pure Pazaak. You can get it here.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nckdictator posted:

I could never get past Dantooine in KOTOR, my old PC would always crash there.
Happened to a lot of people, the official Lucasarts solution is to turn grass off in the graphics settings.

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

I don't know if it something SWGoons would be interested in but there is a whole starwars RP community inside of this game that I play. I mean this literally in depth StarWars roleplay. The timeline is past the movies and I forget what year we're in off the top of my head.

I'm a senior of the community which consists of close to a thousands SWRPers. If any goons are interested you can drop me a PM and I can get you into it(It isn't anything exclusive) but if there is a general consensus that wants to do this I'll make a big post in this thread about how to get into it.

E:

There are several main factions in the community

EIE: Empire in Exile which is consisted mainly of Remnant loyal empire personel

Revenant Armada: A mainly evil sith based group(The group I'm a member of)

GAR: Grand Army of the Republic which consists of clones found at a old Cloning Center that was never destoryed by the empire.

Tetans: A Tetan empire rebirth

605-475-6968 fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 18, 2011

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

The Downfall posted:

I don't know if it something SWGoons would be interested in but there is a whole starwars RP community inside of this game that I play. I mean this literally in depth StarWars roleplay. The timeline is past the movies and I forget what year we're in off the top of my head.

I'm a senior of the community which consists of close to a thousands SWRPers. If any goons are interested you can drop me a PM and I can get you into it(It isn't anything exclusive) but if there is a general consensus that wants to do this I'll make a big post in this thread about how to get into it.

E:

There are several main factions in the community

EIE: Empire in Exile which is consisted mainly of Remnant loyal empire personel

Revenant Armada: A mainly evil sith based group(The group I'm a member of)

GAR: Grand Army of the Republic which consists of clones found at a old Cloning Center that was never destoryed by the empire.

Tetans: A Tetan empire rebirth

I want to know more simply out of a sick need. I bet this is like the Theforce.net boards but like a million times more spergy

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I was chilling with the 501st Garrison on Saturday night for the Weird Al show in Toronto. What a bunch of hilarious nerds. <3 I love those guys.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Throb Robinson posted:

I want to know more simply out of a sick need. I bet this is like the Theforce.net boards but like a million times more spergy

Don't be too proud of this this technological terror, it is insignificant to the sperging that can happen on TheForce.net.

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Throb Robinson posted:

It isn't like Theforce.net RP. Nor is it Spergy everyone is really relaxed and we even have a Ventrilo.

The RP actually takes place inside of a full game(so SWRP is like a minigame). I'll edit in some snapshots here for you. Also you can hit me up on aim: downfallsa

That is my character in the armor that the Revenant wears

That is Denalti a city on Kerest it is much bigger and looks nicer, but I have my settings on low since I do alot poo poo in the background of this game.

605-475-6968 fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 18, 2011

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is this a stand-alone game? Some sort of second life stuff? What the hell??

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Is this a stand-alone game? Some sort of second life stuff? What the hell??

I'll be honest with you. Yes it is Secondlife. Yes the game sucks. Secondlife is a sick twisted game filled with alot of very strange stuff and even more strange people, but this is one of the last things that makes this game a little less disturbing. Now the reason why I didn't out right say this was Secondlife is to avoid people just automatically branding this really cool community as stupid. Look at it this way it is a cooler game inside of a already lovely game. Or you can look at it as a total conversion mod. If you're a fan for starwars this is a poo poo ton of fun. I have spent years and years with SWRP and I have made so many life long friends and I don't regret a single minute of it.

Here is a typical RP. This is only the really cool Perma-Death I pulled on a clone the other day. Matt Xean is me.

quote:

[14:26] Lt.Colonel Xean 'Spectre' chuckles at the clones response. He would step closer to the clone for the final time. He would forcefully open the mouth of Grant and shove his slug thrower inside. "Your smirk is gone by the way." he says pulling the trigger ending the life of the clone.
[14:27] Franz Heinrichson: ((Consent given on Perma Death and that action. Correct Grant?))
[14:27] Grant (markus.lyvette): ((Yes))
[14:27] Revenant Marauder (Matt Antorian) watches the Lt. Colonel's brutality, taking note of the finer points of how to be a legitimate badass. He is somehow able to hold himself up despite being attacked by a full squad of troopers. He holds his hand up to protect his face from the clone's face spilling everywhere.
[14:27] Tahlia chuckles softly at the execution. "Oops...looks like we just did..."
[14:28] Grant (markus.lyvette) holds in the pain caused by the blast, and slowly falls to the ground, and lays lifeless, on the street, a hole in the back of the head where his enemy's gun once rested briefly.

605-475-6968 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jul 18, 2011

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

The Downfall posted:

Here is a typical RP. This is only the really cool Perma-Death I pulled on a clone the other day. Matt Xean is me.

Wow, you're right, that sounds really cool and not in the least bit spergy Lieutenant Colonel Xean 'Spectre'!

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
drat you sure showed him who's boss.

edit: can we roleplay in this thread?

Otterspace fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 18, 2011

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
For whom the sperg spergs.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Downfall posted:

Did you really think we would find that remotely interesting?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
Star warsy and Iconic. I totally remember the part where vader was shooting blokes in the face.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

You guys are dicks but to be honest, posting this sort of thing in a thread on GBS is risky and I guess lady luck isn't rolling with you The Downfall.

Especially a Star Wars discussion thread full of cynical bastards.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Downfall posted:

I'll be honest with you. Yes it is Secondlife. Yes the game sucks. Secondlife is a sick twisted game filled with alot of very strange stuff and even more strange people, but this is one of the last things that makes this game a little less disturbing. Now the reason why I didn't out right say this was Secondlife is to avoid people just automatically branding this really cool community as stupid. Look at it this way it is a cooler game inside of a already lovely game. Or you can look at it as a total conversion mod. If you're a fan for starwars this is a poo poo ton of fun. I have spent years and years with SWRP and I have made so many life long friends and I don't regret a single minute of it.

kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Downfall, you'd probably have had a better response if you'd said what you were recruiting for up front.

I mean, you waffle between 'join us', and 'I don't wanna tell you what this is'. If you're embarrassed to be part of it, why would I be thrilled to join?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

Second life Safari: The Empire Strikes back

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Swiping from the Funny Picture thread before this conversation somehow turns me back into a virgin

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Swiping from the Funny Picture thread before this conversation somehow turns me back into a virgin

That girl in the front doesn't have a braid. My immersion is ruined :byodood:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Otterspace posted:

drat you sure showed him who's boss.

edit: can we roleplay in this thread?

JKL places his DL-44 in Otterspace's mouth and...

...Yeah better not

605-475-6968
Apr 10, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

Downfall, you'd probably have had a better response if you'd said what you were recruiting for up front.

I mean, you waffle between 'join us', and 'I don't wanna tell you what this is'. If you're embarrassed to be part of it, why would I be thrilled to join?

I'm not recruiting I was just letting you all know what is out there. The reason why I didn't outright say it was SL because it would of most likely been imediantly ignored. I showed a friend SWRP before telling him it was SL and he thought it was pretty cool and ended up joining.

It is pretty spergy, but it is better than dressing up *as* a clone/storm trooper in real life. Not to mention the pubbie trolling.

I could careless if you all don't want to join I just thought it would be something some goons would be interested in. Guess I was wrong.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The Downfall posted:

It is pretty spergy, but it is better than dressing up *as* a clone/storm trooper in real life. Not to mention the pubbie trolling.

This is wrong. Stormtrooper uniforms are awesome.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

BonHair posted:

This is wrong. Stormtrooper uniforms are awesome.

This is partly right.

wearing Stormtrooper uniform > --really, a whole lot of other things-- > RPing Star Wars in Second Life > wearing clone trooper uniform

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
I would unironically love to own a TIE Pilot uniform.

e. The combination Second Life and roleplaying will never be cool, sorry man.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jul 19, 2011

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

JKL places his DL-44 in Otterspace's mouth and...

...Yeah better not

You're right because

Otterspace grabs the DL-44 and deftly turns it back towards JKL, and with a raised eyebrow, remarks in a wry tone, "Now whMOM WHAT ARE DOING GEEZ DONT YOU KNOCK ANYMORE

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Mahoshonen posted:

That girl in the front doesn't have a braid. My immersion is ruined :byodood:

Personally, I find it hotter.

Also, anyone find it kind of creepy that the only Star Wars game in production is the KOTOR MMO.

I'm in my early twenties and I recall Star Wars games the good and the shite constantly being made. Now nothing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Also, anyone find it kind of creepy that the only Star Wars game in production is the KOTOR MMO.

I'm in my early twenties and I recall Star Wars games the good and the shite constantly being made. Now nothing.

I find it sad and kind of annoying, but not "creepy".

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

SeanBeansShako posted:

Last one out turn off the lights.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I find it sad and kind of annoying, but not "creepy".

Good Star Wars games are a staple to gaming really, though. Would be nice to get a remake of X-Wing or a RPG set in the era of the OT before LA finally disbands.

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention

SeanBeansShako posted:

I like to think it's a lull in activity; once TOR hits, I hope there will be an explosion in IP-related games media.

X-Wing MMO :black101:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Good Star Wars games are a staple to gaming really, though. Would be nice to get a remake of X-Wing or a RPG set in the era of the OT before LA finally disbands.

I agree with this completely. I just think we have different definitions of the word "creepy". Unless you're worried about what LA is up to instead of making games.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I agree with this completely. I just think we have different definitions of the word "creepy". Unless you're worried about what LA is up to instead of making games.

Creepy was a bit of a strong word, should have settled with odd.

And a X-Wing PVP MMO would loving own bones.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
They'll just miss the point and make it with all Clone Wars era ships that nobody gives a poo poo about because there's a new dozen every episode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The only Clone Wars era ship worth a drat is the Naboo N-1 starfighter. Great design, but the rest can gather dust for all I care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The only Clone Wars era ship worth a drat is the Naboo N-1 starfighter. Great design, but the rest can gather dust for all I care.
Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back. Venators. :allears: