Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You are right. Somehow from the official site I managed to get the Geck New Vegas 1.1.

Still have the "You must close all open dialog boxes before saving" problem :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It counts scripts and such as dialog boxes, I believe. Might just be unsaved portions, though, and the error messages popup, invisible, but still preventing you from saving the whole project. The Geck was made by someone sadistic.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Is there something that makes the inventory and selling system a little more user friendly? Going through my inventories to find or sell stuff takes me forever since I have to do nearly everything one at a time and if I hit the wrong button all the work I just did is for not.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, thanks for the heads up, but you can't actually link to the official download on Bethesda's site because it's blocked by an age verification page. Everything about the GECK page on Bethesda's site is rear end backwards, anyway.

At least replace the .html extension with .php. That way people'll land there, get past the age + country junk, then they can close their tab and reopen the link. It sets a cookie and works for me on the second try.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It won't load any data because you're probably not using the right version...either you accidentally downloaded an FO3 version or you're using an outdated NV version (which is easy to do if you downloaded it from the official site). You need to get GECK 1.4 for NV, but you're better off Googling for download links. Bethesda's own site is messed up and misleading because it was written by a nine year old. Good luck!

To make it easier, I just threw the drat thing up on my dropbox. You can link this from the OP http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/GECK_NVE_v1.4.zip and I'll update it if a new version comes out.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Jan posted:

At least replace the .html extension with .php. That way people'll land there, get past the age + country junk, then they can close their tab and reopen the link. It sets a cookie and works for me on the second try.

Oh I didn't know you could do that. Alright, I'll change it.

EDIT: Yup, that fixed it. Thanks.

Coughing Hobo posted:

To make it easier, I just threw the drat thing up on my dropbox. You can link this from the OP http://dl.dropbox.com/u/70742/Files/GECK_NVE_v1.4.zip and I'll update it if a new version comes out.

I'll throw your link up as a supplementary link. Thanks.

Djarum posted:

Is there something that makes the inventory and selling system a little more user friendly? Going through my inventories to find or sell stuff takes me forever since I have to do nearly everything one at a time and if I hit the wrong button all the work I just did is for not.

There is a standalone inventory sorter available here, with relatively recent updates for it. I can't personally vouch for it.

Project Nevada also has options to enable inventory sorting, if you happen to be using that mod already. I'm currently using the feature and it works quite well for the most part.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 19, 2011

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

So, has anyone else given the NVR Team's Freeside Overhaul a shot yet? Overall it seems pretty... empty. There are a lot of spaces where interiors are waiting to be filled in (some of them even have distinctive signage up to say what the building's going to be once the interiors are added) and the population's super low. It feels unfinished.

One thing I like about it though is that the southern area where the Kings and the gate to the strip is are nicer and better kept than the North, which seem to have been left as the poor and slummy part of town. I'm not sure though if that's just because they haven't gotten around to it yet though.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Some people were still reporting issues with the WIP Armory ESM I linked before, so try this one where I went back to a previous build that didn't have the silly extra masters added to it and re-added the newest weapons. I've gotten at least one report that it works now when it previously wasn't so hopefully...

edit: try this updated cabinet file too

Naky fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 20, 2011

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Any of you who are more mod-inclined know if there is some way to add key-chain like objects, probably has something to do with the ui.xml files? I asked Darn about it when the game came out and he said he would get around to looking into it for me but then I stopped playing and he hasn't been around in forever...

The short answer for what I'd like to do if it helps anyone is add a keychain system to all the crafting bullshit that clutters up the inventory (why didn't they do this in the first place :confused:) like, LEAD 2300 :black101:

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Heads up to anyone using FOOK and OWB, FOOK changes Med-X's base effect and it makes a rather prominent feature (Stealth Suit MkII do some very unpleasant (albeit avoidable and not game-crashing) things (It injects Med-X until you run out).

To fix, you either have to edit the script or edit Med-X back to the proper base effect until they patch it. The former can be found at FormID xx00C7DC.

e: Made a temporary hotfix until FOOK updates if it happens to you. Just load it the end, it only changes the script to work with FOOK.

Mr.Hotkeys fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 20, 2011

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Is there a way to point FNVMasterUpdate to the right INI file? It's looking for Fallout.ini in the documents folder of another account on my PC and I can't find any information on how to point it in the correct folder.

EDIT: Worked around the problem by deleting the account in question. (wasn't being used anyway) But it seems like there should've been a better way to go about doing that.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 20, 2011

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

:gonk:

I made the mistake of taking "High Value Target" (from More Traits) as a trait during character creation. I figured it would be like the assassin attacks in Tribunal.

As it turns out? No, it really isn't. Fuckers teleport in out of nowhere whenever I go near Novac. They're wearing armour that deflects everything I fire at them (including 40mm grenades that do 60+ damage), can kill me in seconds, and usually two of them spawn within arms' reach holding automatic weapons. It is not remotely fair and I have no idea how you're meant to deal with this trait without staying away from Novac and grinding like a motherfucker for a month or so.

I can't even use my usual technique of performing sneak attack critical headshots from extreme range, because they don't actually exist until I walk into town.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So, in other words, it's as unbalanced as the 'more perks' mod?

EDIT: Actually, looking at it, you did mean the more perks mod. Check out Cream-Of-Plenty's better, revised version of that mod.

As a side note, Cream-Of-Plenty, why don't you add your mod modifications to the OP?

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 20, 2011

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Naky posted:

Some people were still reporting issues with the WIP Armory ESM I linked before, so try this one where I went back to a previous build that didn't have the silly extra masters added to it and re-added the newest weapons. I've gotten at least one report that it works now when it previously wasn't so hopefully...

Is the armory mod that is being talked about Armory 2.0 on the front page of samods?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It's the WIP release of the next version, actually. Hence the WIP instead of 2.0.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
^^^ He's talking about the links on the hosting site, samods.org.

err posted:

Is the armory mod that is being talked about Armory 2.0 on the front page of samods?

Yup, that's the one.

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 20, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Kgummy posted:

So, in other words, it's as unbalanced as the 'more perks' mod?

EDIT: Actually, looking at it, you did mean the more perks mod. Check out Cream-Of-Plenty's better, revised version of that mod.

As a side note, Cream-Of-Plenty, why don't you add your mod modifications to the OP?

Alright, since you asked nicely! OP updated. :colbert:

ToxicFrog posted:

I made the mistake of taking "High Value Target" (from More Traits) as a trait during character creation. I figured it would be like the assassin attacks in Tribunal.

As it turns out? No, it really isn't. Fuckers teleport in out of nowhere whenever I go near Novac. They're wearing armour that deflects everything I fire at them (including 40mm grenades that do 60+ damage), can kill me in seconds, and usually two of them spawn within arms' reach holding automatic weapons. It is not remotely fair and I have no idea how you're meant to deal with this trait without staying away from Novac and grinding like a motherfucker for a month or so.

I can't even use my usual technique of performing sneak attack critical headshots from extreme range, because they don't actually exist until I walk into town.

More Traits is garbage, I'm sad to say. There honestly aren't a lot of quality Traits mods out there (though this is a less of a problem now that Old World Blues adds several more.) Might I suggest Expanded Traits? In my opinion, it's one of the few mods that actually adds balanced traits to the game. I've rolled with it for about three or four months and it's solid.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 20, 2011

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

As usual, I killed the legion guy in Nipton (Nice hat bro). Now I regret it. These legion assassin packs are loving brutal (more so than I remember from my first playthroughs) I'm not even level 10 and these assholes are packing super sledges. At first I didn't have dick (other than the Ripper from said hat guy) that could get through their armor.

Soon I'll find some real firepower, and then I'll head for your fort you fucks :jihad:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Arrath posted:

As usual, I killed the legion guy in Nipton (Nice hat bro). Now I regret it. These legion assassin packs are loving brutal (more so than I remember from my first playthroughs) I'm not even level 10 and these assholes are packing super sledges. At first I didn't have dick (other than the Ripper from said hat guy) that could get through their armor.

I tried killing him but got my rear end kicked very, very hard. I figure I'll catch up to him later and sort things out.

acidreflux
Oct 11, 2010
I wish EVE wouldn't crash when headshotting Geckos with energy weapons, because the visuals are quite beautiful. :/

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Hey, someone made a mod that makes the floating halo helmet from OWB not steal your hair.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42901

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think it's Requiem for a Capital Wasteland causing the bug with SINK. I only had that mod after moving everything else out of the folder, and it still crashes. I can't try the area without it the mod, else my character reverts to a generic character without any quests or items.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
So that AG Supplementary mod gave me some hot hot poo poo to tinker with in Nifskope. My bog standard .45 went from... well, you know how it looks, to this.

:bustem:

Lookit that big rear end ten round mag, hell yeah that's three more potential kills :black101:

I got a compensator on my compensator so I can :words:

:clint:

And these sweet rear end fiber optic sights :catdrugs:

Old World Blues is pretty cool so far, and didn't complain once about any of my mods :toot:

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

I got a compensator on my compensator so I can :words:

Sometimes bitches just need to be compensated.

Ive said compensator so much I cant say it correctly because it just comes out in one big garbled mess :argh:

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Looking for some QA on a few different mods I've looked up, to see what good and bad experiences people have had, since I won't be able to check them out for several hours! :v:

Operation Fixed Terrain: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41094
Maybe a bit superfluous, but it might be kind of nice to help make things a little more streamlined in the game world. Some people in the comments were saying their framerate dumped when they hit Novac, though, so I'm a little cautious.

Area 51 - Project Roswell: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42647
There are actually two Area 51 mods on the Nexus, but this one appears to be more focused on exploration and setting a tone over a heavy combat focus. Very interested in this one. (Open to hearing about either, though :))

Dog City Denver: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41751
Based off of some Van Buren stuff, seems to be a quest-based mod with a new location. Potentially cool, but sometimes these things can be bug-ridden or full of crap.

Reinforced Chinese Stealth Suit: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35130
Neat looking armor, but I'm not sure if this will bug out with Project Nevada's stealth changes? It hasn't been updated in ages.

Underwater Home: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36121
After the poo poo noises added to UHNV, finding a new place to call home is important. The lighting in this place though, wow. I'm pretty sure I tried out this mod, or some variation of it, last November, and if this is the same one, I'm really shocked with how far it's come. Is this place as awesome as the screenshots make it look?

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Realistic Interiors: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35794
I remember using something akin to this for Fallout 3 back in the day, but I'm not sure if it's still necessary / noticably useful since the Imaginator came out with Emittance.

I'll probably end up downloading all of these when I get home anyways, but I'm curious about what opinions you guys have. I trust your opinions very much!

acidreflux
Oct 11, 2010
I haven't noticed Operation Fixed Terrain at all, which I suppose means it does its job well. :D

Otherwise, I've done some testing with Interior Lighting Overhaul but didn't take any screenshots, but if you want to try it out, go to the metal stair case room in the REPCONN facility - it's quite pretty.

However, there's a lot of moments where I curse the thing because I sometimes see so little (even with the flashlight activated) I have to go solely by the red blips on my radar, which makes me contemplate deactivating it even though it produces a nice atmosphere.

Can you sell "Emittance" a bit?

The1DevoidoName
Dec 3, 2004
A blackgaurd whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
While we're at it, any opinions on
Vurts Wasteland Flora Overhaul: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39856
From the screens it looks pretty, but it also almost looks like too much. Any people know if it adds to or sacrifices my precious immersion?

Also all the Buenos, Ojo & Poco seem to update every week or two. This week added more Novac building and misc items if you want to update your wicked sweet textures.

acidreflux
Oct 11, 2010
The Wasteland Flora mod has the option to only copy over the textures and meshes without the .esp, in which case it just replaces what's there with higher resolution trees/bushes/flowers. It does become too much if you disable the .esp, imo.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

acidreflux posted:

I haven't noticed Operation Fixed Terrain at all, which I suppose means it does its job well. :D

Otherwise, I've done some testing with Interior Lighting Overhaul but didn't take any screenshots, but if you want to try it out, go to the metal stair case room in the REPCONN facility - it's quite pretty.

However, there's a lot of moments where I curse the thing because I sometimes see so little (even with the flashlight activated) I have to go solely by the red blips on my radar, which makes me contemplate deactivating it even though it produces a nice atmosphere.

Can you sell "Emittance" a bit?

Thanks for the words about OFT, I'll definitely have to try it out. As for Imaginator: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39619 , it's basically an all-in-one light output / contrast / saturation / filter mod, so you can tweak your heart away to change how the game looks. The Emittor (light output) option has several different presets that change the amount that lights will put out, and alter the bloom effects a bit. That's really all that I use it for, since it works well with Simple Street Lights and Nevada Skies at nighttime, but I bet it plays well with ILO, so maybe the brighter lights from the Imaginator would help out. It's nothing dramatic (I use the URWL preset) but it's definitely noticable.

I actually just tried out the Wasteland Flora mod yesterday, and it basically turned Goodsprings into a jungle. I think I'll have to listen to your tip and turn off the .esp :)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

potaties posted:

Looking for some QA on a few different mods I've looked up, to see what good and bad experiences people have had, since I won't be able to check them out for several hours! :v:

Operation Fixed Terrain: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41094
Maybe a bit superfluous, but it might be kind of nice to help make things a little more streamlined in the game world. Some people in the comments were saying their framerate dumped when they hit Novac, though, so I'm a little cautious.

OFT is pretty good, I haven't noticed any slowdown or anything. Pair it with Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover for best effect, etc.

The1DevoidoName posted:

While we're at it, any opinions on
Vurts Wasteland Flora Overhaul: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39856
From the screens it looks pretty, but it also almost looks like too much. Any people know if it adds to or sacrifices my precious immersion?

Also all the Buenos, Ojo & Poco seem to update every week or two. This week added more Novac building and misc items if you want to update your wicked sweet textures.

Vurt's is great, in my opinion. Same guy who did the amazing overhauls for Morrowind's vegetation. The Poco and Ojo Bueno are very good as well. The only problem I have with them is that it makes NPCs look rather disjointed from the world, but that really isn't too much of an issue.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

potaties posted:

:siren: Warning: the small number of "invisible walls" in Honest Hearts were implemented because testers demonstrated a talent for getting hopelessly jammed between rocks while shimmying down cliffs. :siren:

There's virtually no peak on the interior of Zion Valley that can't be scaled. The invisible walls really are there to prevent problems on the way down.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

More Traits is garbage, I'm sad to say. There honestly aren't a lot of quality Traits mods out there (though this is a less of a problem now that Old World Blues adds several more.) Might I suggest Expanded Traits? In my opinion, it's one of the few mods that actually adds balanced traits to the game. I've rolled with it for about three or four months and it's solid.

A bit too late for that now, sadly. Maybe for my next playthrough.

In the meantime, are there any mods that add places to explore? I took a look at World of Pain but it seems kind of, well, poo poo. It would be nice to run into the occasional abandoned house or ruined bunker than isn't quest-related.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I don't know why more people don't use ST Traits and Perks Crunch v3, most of the perks added are recreations of past fallout perks and they fit really well with the game world. I could tell More Perks was poo poo from the moment I took a look at its feature list.

moto
Aug 25, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

And these sweet rear end fiber optic sights :catdrugs:

Beeb, where did that flannel come from?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Does anyone know if there's a way for me to change my character to the lobotomite race without loving up all my perks? I tried just ticking playable in the geck but the game crashes whenever I try to choose the race.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

I don't know why more people don't use ST Traits and Perks Crunch v3, most of the perks added are recreations of past fallout perks and they fit really well with the game world. I could tell More Perks was poo poo from the moment I took a look at its feature list.

Seconding this, and make sure to get this Handi-cappable trait for comedy option Dr. House.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I think I have two mods that do incompatible things with Gauss weapons. I've got recipes for two different kinds of 2mm ammunition - "2mm electronic cartridge", which is naturally armour piercing, and "2mm EC round", which is 'plain' but also has anti-armour and anti-personnel variants. I also have a Gauss pistol which accepts the former but not the latter.

So:
- how do I figure out which two mods are doing this?
- once I've figured it out and picked one to remove, how do I safely remove it? Will items created by the mod just vanish, or do I have to bury them out in the desert somewhere?

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

ToxicFrog posted:

I tried killing him but got my rear end kicked very, very hard. I figure I'll catch up to him later and sort things out.

I talked to him and then watched where him and his men walked off to out of Nipton, they follow the same path every time so it was pretty easy to lay down a few mines and blow them all up and then pick off the crippled survivors.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

I think I have two mods that do incompatible things with Gauss weapons. I've got recipes for two different kinds of 2mm ammunition - "2mm electronic cartridge", which is naturally armour piercing, and "2mm EC round", which is 'plain' but also has anti-armour and anti-personnel variants. I also have a Gauss pistol which accepts the former but not the latter.

So:
- how do I figure out which two mods are doing this?
- once I've figured it out and picked one to remove, how do I safely remove it? Will items created by the mod just vanish, or do I have to bury them out in the desert somewhere?

The quickest way would be to load up your entire list, find the ammo you want to get rid of and delete it(The ammo will just disappear). Then go to the weapons(under items) and find the weapons that you want to change. Click edit, set the ammo to whatever list the other gauss weapon uses, then save it as .esp and run it at the bottom of your load list. It's just modding a part of a mod out of the game.

This will take 5 minutes max and it shouldn't interfere with the rest of your mods. Alternatively use FOMM to open the packages individually and check to see which one puts that ammo in the game and delete that mod entirely. Depending on how many mods you run this may take a while though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."
Well, since the guy who made the New Vegas Battle Suit armors got banned, are there any good armor mods? I already have the tactilol TG's armor mod, which is good, but isn't what I'm looking for. It doesn't necessarily need to be just armor.