Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xdrquinnx
May 5, 2002

WoG posted:

Hey guys. Seriously. We get it. Your disapproval has been thoroughly noted.

Sorry about that. I'll check in with you ahead of time next time I want to express an opinion about something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

WoG posted:

Hey guys. Seriously. We get it. Your disapproval has been thoroughly noted.

Sorry, whenever Tig shows up on a podcast I enjoy and Tig'ifies it re-opens the wound. A wound that can only be closed with the salt of complaining.

Hmmm... maybe I should listen to Professor BlastOff so this complaining can become a constant thing!

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
you guys know what I can't stand: comedy podcasts :argh: where do you even get off saying something maybe funny when it may be actually not funny and you'll never know cause you're too busy making yuk-yuks so see me scowling

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
On a side note the last few weeks I've listened to the Comedy Bang Bang/CDR podcast with Andy Daly and Patton Oswalt where Daly is Don Dimelo and its just a guaranteed laugh. 'Somethin' for Daddy' is just too loving funny. I've just started it up randomly when I"m sitting around at my computer and it always kills me.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

soggybagel posted:

On a side note the last few weeks I've listened to the Comedy Bang Bang/CDR podcast with Andy Daly and Patton Oswalt where Daly is Don Dimelo and its just a guaranteed laugh. 'Somethin' for Daddy' is just too loving funny. I've just started it up randomly when I"m sitting around at my computer and it always kills me.

My favorite part is when they all start talking like Don Dimelo.

That was the first episode of CDR I ever listened to, and I think all the more recent ones pale in comparison. The one with Bro the weed guy was awful, and the one with the Cake Boss and Andy Richter was alright but the character started to wear thin pretty quickly.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Back on the Tigwagon, we need less Tig Notaro and more Jessica St. Clair.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Is she the one who did the 14 year old intern character? Because that was probably the best CBB character spot.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

wafflesnsegways posted:

Is she the one who did the 14 year old intern character? Because that was probably the best CBB character spot.

You think? Seemed like she was corpsing every five minutes or so. I mean, I like a bit of that, but you can't do nothing but break character to start laughing...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought the intern was hilarious too. I'm always a fan of comedians being driven to break though, just makes me laugh harder.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Listened to the latest CBB and wow, Joe Cornish really isn't comfortable with people he didn't go to school with. Not one of the best episodes really.
You should all go see Attack the Block though.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

The Little Dum Dum Club is definitely my favorite Earwolf Challenge podcast (other than TCGTE). It's exactly like an Australian version of Stop Podcasting Yourself so if you like that then you'll probably like this.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.

Vertigus posted:

My favorite part is when they all start talking like Don Dimelo.

That was the first episode of CDR I ever listened to, and I think all the more recent ones pale in comparison. The one with Bro the weed guy was awful, and the one with the Cake Boss and Andy Richter was alright but the character started to wear thin pretty quickly.

Any appearance of the Cake Boss after his first appearance will never be as good. I was talking about this with my friends who listen to the show, and it seems that the Cake Boss has gone a little too far in my opinion. I just wish he could go back to the days of complaining about what's happening in the cake kitchen and the deep dish pizza cake he made for Chicago mayor Richard Daley rather than thinking up new exotic comic book powers for him. But oh well, the show will always be hilarious to me.

I'm also a fan of Tig, the new DLM was pretty great too even though she doesn't know anything about movies. Her saying "The Maculkins" was great and will now be the only way I refer to the Culkin family.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

The pHo posted:

I thought the intern was hilarious too. I'm always a fan of comedians being driven to break though, just makes me laugh harder.
Scott chuckling at his own lovely puns is a very delightful sound.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Absurdity is the lifeblood of CBB, and for this reason Cake Boss, Dom Dimelo, Bob Ducca, El Chupacabra, Huell Howser, and all the other insane outlandish characters I've omitted are The Bee's Knees.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Transfatuation posted:

Absurdity is the lifeblood of CBB, and for this reason Cake Boss, Dom Dimelo, Bob Ducca, El Chupacabra, Huell Howser, and all the other insane outlandish characters I've omitted are The Bee's Knees.

Yeah, I agree, which is why I didn't think much of Marissa Wompler (sp?) as she wasn't especially absurd.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

insideoutsider posted:

Any appearance of the Cake Boss after his first appearance will never be as good. I was talking about this with my friends who listen to the show, and it seems that the Cake Boss has gone a little too far in my opinion. I just wish he could go back to the days of complaining about what's happening in the cake kitchen and the deep dish pizza cake he made for Chicago mayor Richard Daley rather than thinking up new exotic comic book powers for him. But oh well, the show will always be hilarious to me.
The funniest thing Cake Boss ever said was that he was building a cake of R2D2 and C3PO playing billards and R2D2 accidently came to life because he used too much cinnamon and had to be destroyed.

The second sight stuff comes about because CBB is as much a game as it is a show, a game to test the improv abilities of guests, and Scott is shameless in his pursuit of further absurdity to push the characters to their illogical extremes.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

soggybagel posted:

Any Don Dimelo fans should listen to the Superego episode from June. One segment is Dimelo planning a play starring PFT's John C Reilly and Patton's Nick Nolte.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

Maarak posted:

There are people who don't like Jen Kirkman?

The only thing I like about Jen Kirkman is when Paul F makes fun of her.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I can't imagine how sad it must be to listen to the conversations between PFT and Jen Kirkman and only enjoy, at most, half of it

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
DLM Tournament of Championships just went up at AST records, should be on iTunes later. Cost $1.99 though.

Edit: vv in addition to the merger, the Earwolf iPhone app has finally been updated. Worth checking out, before I just loaded the episode from iTunes but now the app is just as stable. vv

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 20, 2011

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Looks like Earwolf teamed up with Funny or Die.

http://www.earwolf.com/2011/07/our-funny-or-die-partnership/

I didn't even know they had podcasts.

quote:

We’re pumped to have a podcast partner-in-crime and one with such a large and loyal following. We’re doubly pumped to bring more great comedy from today’s best comedic minds to the 11-million/month Funny Or Die visitors. We’re triply pumped for Earwolf fans to get more of what they love, too.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Strange Matter posted:

The funniest thing Cake Boss ever said was that he was building a cake of R2D2 and C3PO playing billards and R2D2 accidently came to life because he used too much cinnamon and had to be destroyed.

The second sight stuff comes about because CBB is as much a game as it is a show, a game to test the improv abilities of guests, and Scott is shameless in his pursuit of further absurdity to push the characters to their illogical extremes.

He became sentient. I had to eat him to death.

Another piece of comedy gold in regards to Cake Boss is when he calls people out on being bitten by radio active cake bugs. They were just regular cake bugs.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
The latest MBMBAM's list of 19th century sex euphemisms was great.
So was the new Flophouse. "That's why Dan's juvenile records are sealed. Because he ejaculated on them".

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

He became sentient. I had to eat him to death.

Another piece of comedy gold in regards to Cake Boss is when he calls people out on being bitten by radio active cake bugs. They were just regular cake bugs.

Don't forget the distinction between cakebugs, which give the gift of the second sight, and cake-scarabs, which carry the disease of cakewolf-ism.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Don't forget the distinction between cakebugs, which give the gift of the second sight, and cake-scarabs, which carry the disease of cakewolf-ism.

No, don't cake scarabs let you commune with the dead? I forget what gave him cakewolfism.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

dancehall posted:

No, don't cake scarabs let you commune with the dead? I forget what gave him cakewolfism.

A cakewolf of course!

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
The latest DLM tourament of champions is the best show he's done in the last, oh, year or so. It's well worth the 1.99 if you've been souring on the show lately like me.

Teenagers
Sep 5, 2007

hail satan

King Lou posted:

So I can't interest you in putting a penis pump on your rear end in a top hat, then? Thats a shame...
I had actually forgotten about how awful that one was. Ah, memories...

New episode of Lou Reads is up.

http://loureads.com/2011/07/15/lou-reads-tales-of-best-and-worst-break-ups/

New music and other stuff...

my girlfriend is a big fan of your podcast

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

j8910 posted:

The latest DLM tourament of champions is the best show he's done in the last, oh, year or so. It's well worth the 1.99 if you've been souring on the show lately like me.

People pay for these? Is that to get them through iTunes or to get them earlier? Or is the episode you're talking about special?

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

mouffes posted:

my girlfriend is a big fan of your podcast

Well thats certainly always nice to hear!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's the finals of the tournament of championships. Plus it has PFT and Scott Aukerman, who are worth the 2 bucks by themselves.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

NotWearingPants posted:

People pay for these? Is that to get them through iTunes or to get them earlier? Or is the episode you're talking about special?

Whenever Doug records on the road or somewhere other than the Upright Citizens Brigade theater, it goes into the iTunes album section for sale. I think Doug has said before he'd like to offer them for free (or for 99 cents) but iTunes wouldn't let him.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think I really like the Earwolf Challenge :ohdear: Matt Besser is maybe a little too laid back on the show, but the format is really interesting and there are some good contenders. My pick this week would have been Ham Radio to go, but Beginnings is another one that was on my "I'm not really interested in this" list.
Little Dum Dum Club, Totally Laime, and Complete Guide to Everything are my three favorites so far. I'm kind of waiting for the challenge to be over though to actually listen to any episodes of anything, so as to stick with the show better.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yannick_B posted:

A cakewolf of course!

I can only read this in the cakeboss voice.

I dare anyone to try and not to.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
The newest "Skeptic Tank" entitled "IMPRISONED" with Joey "Coco" Diaz sheds a lot of light on his criminal backstory. A good listen for people that like him from Rogan and wonder what he's about.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For those who don't know much about it, 'Attack the Block' that they were plugging on CBB is very, very good and you should absolutely go see it if you live in one of the 7 major cities that exist in the US.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

You guys should totally check this week's Who Charted with Marc Maron.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Can anyone recommend Best Show episodes? I got into the show about a month ago, listened to the Four Loko episode, and I think it's the most compelling radio/podcast around nowadays.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Just finished the DLM episode and holy crap, Samm needs to lighten up. He's becoming some sort of Len Maltin villain.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Can anyone recommend Best Show episodes? I got into the show about a month ago, listened to the Four Loko episode, and I think it's the most compelling radio/podcast around nowadays.

Most any episode where Paul F Tompkins or John Hodgman are in-studio are worth checking out. Personally I've always enjoyed the Gathering of the Juggalos episode from 7/21/09.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

Follow the Best Show Gems podcast. It has some if the best calls with Jon. I recommend one they put up a few months ago with Jon as Gene Simmons

• Locked thread