Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Cythan posted:

eHxGwpmg5DZXSnuG
bRprkcqymHuAk7zH
aFBnnFybNecAH4AT
ar43xRsSMusJBwRS
eHpnPPExZdzT6EuA
efaGd9uZW2EHhSSK
fFCFhRXYTVDyrZyK
a8aGWa2CDRsJZncy
a65XSyhupTt8VEKF
ffzxYkSZELEJHLbs
bcqekerMZyh9ZUxF
eFAJKsDmsJGWwhgc
bHGK4mcKP4h5zWYS
bqc6G6XT9LVqbUaq
cwnTUwZHme4Vpn66
a9xx5px3C2PA7sUa
aSfXumhGNyNXkXba
fccuRCnSRdNncYYF
bqkFuBRBD2fnLuSS
bu9ZtDK92VDcKCfb
bpVfRPJbXYZNchHE
bcc5Vw9zSsmxSud7
cCnuHz8P8u598B9n
dHDLcB3UKwRLsXbB
bp3r6Mb57VEZaAeb

used this one. Thanks!

eFAJKsDmsJGWwhgc

used this, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
Welp guys, good run and everything, but time to pack it up.

From the "not 320 kbps blog"

beachmom posted:

I still think the best digital sound you can get (apart from a real WAV CD) is to buy the download from Apple or Amazon and then burn to a CD-R (because most iPods and Smartphones aren't great music players when plugged into a good stereo). Agreed it stinks that Spotify is not being forthright, but I tried out MOG which does run at 320, and when I connected my iPod Touch to my stereo, the sound was disappointing. Truth is, all these digital services are about FM radio sound quality, which is perfectly fine most of the time. And with a lower bit rate, you use less bandwidth -- in the U.S., data caps are becoming more the norm. I subscribe to Napster, which is cheaper than Spotify if you subscribe for a year ($8/month) -- they're transparent about their bitrate which is 128 on the web and 64 on mobile. If I really love something, I buy it.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

moms pubis posted:

It's actually about how Spotify feeds misleading or flat-out false information to its paying customers to obfuscate how the service it actually provides doesn't live up to what it claims to provide, but I can see you've got your heart set on complaining about how only "pedantic nerds" care about it, so bitch away.

Do you REALLY believe this is what Spofity is doing? Do you continue to pay them for the amazing ability to stream more music than you can listen to yet still have to find something to bitch about so this is it?

https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/premium/

According to that, I'm pretty much getting a great loving deal for my 10 bucks a month.

If you're really bitching that not a massive amount of tracks are in 320kbit, while fully ignoring the rest of the value you get for your 10 bucks a month (or whatever it is in EuroBucks) that is the literal definition of pedantic.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Telex posted:

Do you REALLY believe this is what Spofity is doing? Do you continue to pay them for the amazing ability to stream more music than you can listen to yet still have to find something to bitch about so this is it?

https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/premium/

According to that, I'm pretty much getting a great loving deal for my 10 bucks a month.

If you're really bitching that not a massive amount of tracks are in 320kbit, while fully ignoring the rest of the value you get for your 10 bucks a month (or whatever it is in EuroBucks) that is the literal definition of pedantic.

I do believe that's what Spotify is doing because that's exactly what happened to the guy who wrote that post, unless he made up those emails. I don't believe that a company providing a good service should automatically be exempt from criticism for deceptive marketing.

Also, the literal definition of pedantic would be pointing out that that's not the literal definition of pedantic.

last laugh
Feb 11, 2004

NOOOTHING!
How do you put a Spotify playlist on your phone? I've made it available offline but the playlist shows up as having 0 tracks. Really confused.

edit: nevermind exiting and restarting did the trick. Not sure why I had to do that though.

last laugh fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 20, 2011

Silky Smooth
Mar 13, 2008

Foxhound posted:

Enjoy

bUuHyh3E4t2XsBVU
cpxPBeZMz2mRYbTr
aJtWcZdw6S26Zbkk
cwcVbC6wE6HNua8f
aW7Feq2w2AxPtDhh
ceBexun4cJ8uRDN6
cV5eJVVLJcmAGREt
cWrcpzsc9axLdScW
cRp3bDkBp6yTe5xt

Used:
cwcVbC6wE6HNua8f

THANK YOU!!

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I used aJtWcZdw6S26Zbkk from Foxhound's post, thanks! :cheers:

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I doubt many people care but I actually noticed today that the company I work for does Spotify's US payroll.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Used ceBexun4cJ8uRDN6 from Foxhounds post, thanks!

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

Sure, I got a secret. More than one...

Telex posted:

useless numbers about useless poo poo.

Here's the reality: If you take your entire music collection and encode it in V2 VBR, you will see that a shocking amount of your music ends up ~160kbits. That means for the most part you're getting enough out of your files at 160 to be "good enough" and you're just wasting space while convincing yourself you're doing something special when you're not at 320k. I'd be willing to bet that 90% of V2 encodes never get above 180 on average so you're really not missing much.

If anything, I'd be bummed that Spofity doesn't encode their things in VBR for better quality in a compromising filesize and tell everyone to shut the gently caress up if they don't know what they're talking about (and most don't).

I personally don't really enjoy wasting the bits, especially on a capped connection.

180 average for what? Listen to anything with a nice beat or even rock or metal and watch the average jump well into the 200s. (anything live especially)

Maybe it sounds like unicorn blood to some, but the difference is easily apparently on even lower-end systems.

and even thats besides the point. Its advertised as such, and thats what I want, especially for 10$ a month. I'd be entirely happy with vbr, either way.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

I'm pretty sure that's related to having different versions of the same CD for different regions. So one of those CDs is the UK version, one is the Euro version, and one is the US version (the second one). I find that the linking algorithm is pretty bad/unforgiving/just weird, which is why not all the songs show up.

I really hope they get better at dealing with multiple versions of the same CD, especially when those versions are very different. For example, even though I'm interested in Ministry of Sound's The Annual 2011 UK version, Spotify actually comes up with Ministry of Sound's The Annual 2011 US version. I understand why it's this way but there's no way for me to get to the UK version at all.

okay that makes some sense. However I still see 3 copies after disabling my local share.

Boll Weevil
Feb 21, 2007

Do work.

Kaboobi posted:

We made the best playlist.
There are none better playlists.
http://open.spotify.com/user/monochromed/playlist/2ONhggmIwDUVAoE1if3hJq

edit: this playlist is a war crime, if we missed anything let us know

We updated this atrocity again, as we somehow forgot Blur.

And a ton of SOLID GOLD HITS from JOCK JAMS VOL. 1 AND 2. Welp.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Boll Weevil posted:

Also NINJA RAP. And XTC. And a shitload of other stupid songs.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

thrawn86 posted:

okay that makes some sense. However I still see 3 copies after disabling my local share.

Yeah, Spotify shows all versions of the album if there's different ones, I'm guessing. Or maybe just ones that are labeled differently in the metadata. That's why the second one shows up just fine, since it's the US version, and the first and third don't allow you to play them, because they're not licensed for play in the US.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Anyone have a good playlist for partying with a rockcrowd?

This is spotifys official new releases on spotify playlist:
http://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/3Yrvm5lBgnhzTYTXx2l55x

Pantheis
Apr 15, 2003
Looks like all of the codes posted so far are used. Anyone have more to post up? Would love an invite!

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Pantheis posted:

Looks like all of the codes posted so far are used. Anyone have more to post up? Would love an invite!

I might have one or two...

cxfaxyBkq6WZDrnP
faZ5BDsnZHP7z6Tk
eJnPM4RrkUpHebsa
eHRSCwH8B96xpgJ8
dRUyLR4dukFmeMSC
efeE3bweVuHNmUMb
bMEMpzkeA3DbEDkp
aZwGbzYP7eVG2XmX
c2MFZ59GNbbFrByt
eE9AXqL6SPmugMUN
dyZBEEFzzGJAmJ2T
azwR9mhD6rRUN4MR
cLL8NSaXarLTU77K
b7sPLaeA8RWMAmzW
d8zmZpsN4BfYtg8T
fLnTSbtqb4mpeZ2q
cLrL7uRDAZy68hLy
dVuY4ZmBttXGT3wx
dq6ECfyzVfHMNrgd
eU2Ga6dXVVyNBLLU
ekJWfAAMfK6DwNwM
d2gxVqcyFucD3Fsc

Edit: Removed used codes.

ionn fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 21, 2011

Pantheis
Apr 15, 2003
Awesome, thank you!

ionn posted:

eMmbZz6mKt3E66hr
aw5uDpN8b5pRH4eX
b7sHETaVbLJGT55d
cxfaxyBkq6WZDrnP
faZ5BDsnZHP7z6Tk
cc95GySXnKgxKBXX
eJnPM4RrkUpHebsa
eHRSCwH8B96xpgJ8
aTqgUbZqDYs47RA9
dRUyLR4dukFmeMSC
efeE3bweVuHNmUMb
bMEMpzkeA3DbEDkp
aZwGbzYP7eVG2XmX
c2MFZ59GNbbFrByt
eE9AXqL6SPmugMUN
dyZBEEFzzGJAmJ2T
azwR9mhD6rRUN4MR
aWrP5xxbXEDUutWa
ex7kteqT626uZg6D
cLL8NSaXarLTU77K
b7sPLaeA8RWMAmzW
d8zmZpsN4BfYtg8T
fLnTSbtqb4mpeZ2q
cLrL7uRDAZy68hLy
eJMNqcu32ZPxYDkK

Admant
Dec 14, 2006
Caught in an avalanche.
And if those run out, have some more:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

Admant fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 21, 2011

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

Boll Weevil posted:

That playlist is so awful/awesome. I've been in a cringe-worthy nostalgic mood all morning thanks to this....thought I was going to lose it when "Cumbersome" came on.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is there any reason my iPhone 4 refuses to show up in Devices? My desktop is connected to the same wifi network but it just doesn't seem to work at all.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

ionn posted:

ex7kteqT626uZg6D

Used this one, thanks!

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Admant posted:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

took the striked out one

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Admant posted:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

Thanks, used bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM

Oct
Jul 19, 2007

Admant posted:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

I used ewERXqbBwHzADXeT, thanks for posting these!

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Used
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg

Thanks!

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009

Admant posted:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

Claimed dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z for a friend, many thanks!

strokevictim
Oct 9, 2000

Admant posted:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

claimed eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5 for a chum... Thanks, Admant

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Admant posted:

fBd3EfR3a2ACrhsB
dAnxHNY8ZDUFEL6w
bZ7W2YGUS4fDaXgg
c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH
cRsxaqU3ms2VJzB4
abbzMegnZxgkuWp4
ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B
dWHtwyELAP3uPVwZ
bTSBZKb85Gexy5PM
eUtsXTX7HaTFeNJ5
d9CcUEyLDwqnswnq
aAM6pkx2dWKnt6T6
cA9S42LnS7JFuuNz
ceRaqmpRa8LwEp8m
dfuHHbN4N5ZfumsF
awq9Y6s8XzEmfSVU
dF8TzT7p2wGgB72z
bGW5u5gfWYPqpHcV
ewERXqbBwHzADXeT
dpKrZrqfKneZuqgR

I used ccLBy9ThwXTZyX5B Thanks!
Also, every code below that one is already used.

spighettiman
Nov 16, 2004

How could Spighettiman fight crime if he only had one i? PROBABLY NOT VERY WELL

Admant posted:

Used c7PJZWEdhe6JxDaH, thanks!

last laugh
Feb 11, 2004

NOOOTHING!

The Dave posted:

Is there any reason my iPhone 4 refuses to show up in Devices? My desktop is connected to the same wifi network but it just doesn't seem to work at all.

Is the spotify app open? Signed in?

Edit: \/ Never tried Rdio but from what I've heard Spotify has more tracks, other than that I think it's just personal taste. Also because of the free version I think Spotify will be the winner as far as user-base and be able to push for more content/aggressive licensing deals. No reason to switch if you're happy, I suppose.

last laugh fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 21, 2011

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

What does Spotify have over Rdio? I've been subscribed to Rdio for a few months and have loved the streamlined user interface and how simple it is for me to find/add/sync new music. Being able to use Rdio anywhere via their website (don't have to install a client like Spotify) is a huge bonus.

But Spotify has only been more frustrating, and does not seem to offer more than Rdio. To start, the UI is inconsistent and confusing. Viewing my library is a pain since it lists everything expanded instead of an Artist/Album browser similar to iTunes or WinAmp. And unlike Rdio, you are required to download a client to be able to access the Spotify service, which sucks since half of my Rdio listening is done while I'm at work on a computer locked-down by IT.

So far all I've gotten out of it is being able to follow Trent Reznor and his playlists. I don't want to sound like I've already made my mind up, but I have no immediate clue why someone should use Spotify over Rdio. Help me.

LoudLoudNoise fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 21, 2011

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

LoudLoudNoise posted:

What does Spotify have over Rdio?
Easier sharing of songs/playlists?
Slightly larger library?
Inclusion of local files?

I'm kind of lke you, mostly baffled at the amount of praise Spotify gets. Maybe a couple of years ago I could see it, but now I just don't get it. I feel like I'm missing something key, but it's not revealing itself.

thrawn86
May 26, 2006

I think the social playlists and collaboration are a huge part of it. I don't have a huge problem with the way stuff is displayed, aside from the duplicate us/uk/local tagging thing.

5 minutes after opening it I was listening to this. http://sharemyplaylists.com/lanoireradiosongs

sold.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

LoudLoudNoise posted:

What does Spotify have over Rdio? I've been subscribed to Rdio for a few months and have loved the streamlined user interface and how simple it is for me to find/add/sync new music. Being able to use Rdio anywhere via their website (don't have to install a client like Spotify) is a huge bonus.

But Spotify has only been more frustrating, and does not seem to offer more than Rdio. To start, the UI is inconsistent and confusing. Viewing my library is a pain since it lists everything expanded instead of an Artist/Album browser similar to iTunes or WinAmp. And unlike Rdio, you are required to download a client to be able to access the Spotify service, which sucks since half of my Rdio listening is done while I'm at work on a computer locked-down by IT.

So far all I've gotten out of it is being able to follow Trent Reznor and his playlists. I don't want to sound like I've already made my mind up, but I have no immediate clue why someone should use Spotify over Rdio. Help me.

How is the Rdio library over spotify? Are they similar size?

I am paying a friend to help me sign up to spotify right now but if rdio is comparable I will switch to that since that one is available in canada.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

keyframe posted:

How is the Rdio library over spotify? Are they similar size?

I am paying a friend to help me sign up to spotify right now but if rdio is comparable I will switch to that since that one is available in canada.

Rdio has 9 million songs to Spotify's 15 million, apparently.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Easier sharing of songs/playlists?
Slightly larger library?
Inclusion of local files?

I'm kind of lke you, mostly baffled at the amount of praise Spotify gets. Maybe a couple of years ago I could see it, but now I just don't get it. I feel like I'm missing something key, but it's not revealing itself.
A lot of praise for Spotify problaby comes from European users, where we dont have access to comparable services like Pandora or Rdio. It's pretty unique in its kind here.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

We had Pandora for a good while. Rdio seems like a slightly cheaper Spotify alternative that doesn't seem that alluring, even if we had it here. I don't think they're ever going to launch it overseas because Spotify is so dominant.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

ionn posted:

cxfaxyBkq6WZDrnP
faZ5BDsnZHP7z6Tk
eJnPM4RrkUpHebsa
eHRSCwH8B96xpgJ8
dRUyLR4dukFmeMSC
efeE3bweVuHNmUMb
bMEMpzkeA3DbEDkp
aZwGbzYP7eVG2XmX
c2MFZ59GNbbFrByt