Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Spaticus posted:

I asked a girl out...on facebook. I'm a coward. But I feel awesome that I did it.

Better than not asking her out at all :hfive:

Cold front came in so I was able to go for my run earlier than normal this evening. Also my dog is making a silly face at me :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mouth has been pretty much swollen shut for the last four days due to a gum infection around a wisdom tooth I'm having pulled next week. But today? Today it is capable of getting a spoon through. With actual, solid-ish food on it.

loving (soggy) Trix never tasted so good.

Shrike41
Jan 7, 2011
Went indoor rock climbing today. Hands are pretty torn up and I still only climb the beginner bouldering routes but it was still a lot of fun.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I got woken up by a company calling me, wanting to do a phone interview. Despite having a headache and JUST waking up, I apparently rocked it enough to get a real interview next week. :) And another company e-mailed today to confirm my interview with them. I might not be unemployed when my contract runs up in a month!

My workday just went by super fast, which was nice. Today was payday. I'm eating the most amazing fresh strawberries. :woop: Ya, today is awesome.

Also:

OrangeGuy posted:

Because it's my 22nd birthday today! :dance:

Happy birthday! :toot:

Wandering Knitter posted:

Baked over 90 chocolate chip cookies that came out loving perfect. Crispy around the edges, warmy and gooey in the middle.

This sounds amazing. Please tell me your day was awesome because you got to eat all the cookies too. Let a random goon live vicariously through you. I don't even remember what warm, homemade cookies taste like.. I imagine it to be like kittens and unicorns.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Bought some pretty nice looking steaks.
Cracked a few witty jokes at work. I don't really remember them, though.
My puppy is feeling better after her surgery.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Lackadaisical posted:

This sounds amazing. Please tell me your day was awesome because you got to eat all the cookies too. Let a random goon live vicariously through you. I don't even remember what warm, homemade cookies taste like.. I imagine it to be like kittens and unicorns.

Sadly I'm only keeping 1/3rd of them. Another 1/3rd is going to a cousin who's working on my computer, and the other 1/3rd is going to my brother.

But I can say that it tastes exactly like sparkly unicorn rainbow magic.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A girl smiled at me and I got a number :unsmith:

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Got a call from the Starbucks I'm starting work at confirming that I start training on Monday, after three months of unemployment, so I'm pretty pumped about that.

I also had a nice dinner with my parents, girlfriend and one of my cousins, at a new pizza place I'd never heard of.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Got this in the mail to frame

Original artwork signed by Terry Gilliam

Mr Ice Cream Glove has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jul 21, 2011

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
Visa bill- paid in full!

sandle tits
Jun 1, 2011

The Hatchet Man
Took one of my best friends to a Asian grocer for his first visit. Then we hung out and bs'ed for a while as friends do. Later we went to a regional boobs and chicken wings restaurant. We ate a decent dinner and enjoyed the floor show.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Your dorm has a lazy river?

Yes, though the dorm I am in is meant for upperclassmen in the fall/spring semesters. I won't be so lucky once this semester is over.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Maintenance came to fix my sink and blew it up, which beats the gently caress out of me blowing it up (which I guess it was dangerously close to doing) :dance:

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
My fiance and I bought our first house together and for weeks I have been extremely stressed. There is a bug infestation in the basement, a bird got in through the fireplace and made a huge mess, it needs a new roof, and the AC is not working. My fiance has been travelling for work so he's been gone for weeks at a time and because of this heat wave the house has been above 30 degrees all week.
I've been tired and grouchy and sweaty all summer but last night it finally cooled off enough for me to sleep well.
It's amazing how awesome I feel after a good night's sleep. Today is going to be a good day.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

It's not even 9am and so far my day has been pretty un-awesome. No hot water when I went to take a shower, I have no idea what time I went to bed but I'm guessing it was later than I should have because I'm tired, etc.

But I'm meeting someone for all you can eat sushi for lunch. :cheers: If that doesn't make a day awesome, I don't know what does.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Because I got my shift covered at work.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I got to drive a Lamborghini Murcielago. This was my face pretty much the entire time: :haw:

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Paid the cashier at the gas station $10, but she put $20 on the pump.

Got a like new tire I've been searching for as a replacement on Craigslist for 30 bucks... Saved like 100 there. Woo.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

My day was awesome just for the fact that the heat index isn't hanging around 110 anymore. I can finally drive around in my lovely car without heat exhaustion.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It's my second day off in a row. I slept in super late, and woke up to my roommate making us tacos. I have a decent amount of :420: for the weekend. There is a free concert on campus tonight where we are actually allowed to drink for once. After that I get to go dancing and do some karaoke with the lady friend. And last but not least the artist at the tattoo parlor liked my idea so much that he is skipping his 5 week waiting list, and opening up early to get me done tomorrow!

Not to mention my dad and my little brother are coming to visit this weekend!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Came home from work, and waiting on the mat inside the front door was a nondescript blue envelope containing two Iron Maiden tickets :rock:

(E: have been waiting well over the delivery date for these, and was beginning to wonder if i'd been had)

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I drew two comics and I've been together with my new girlfriend a week. woo! :toot:

Budget Bears
Feb 7, 2011

I had never seen anyone make sweet love to a banjo like this before.
Today and yesterday at work I got to chill on a boat for two hours and talk to some really bright middle school girls about marine science and climate change. It's a program our museum does every summer with this local girls' science camp, and it's awesome.

Then my boyfriend picked me up on his motorcycle and we cruised home along the coast, on this ridiculously beautiful day. loving awesome.

Oh, also the lady at the bakery gave me a danish and coffee for two bucks instead of $3.50, because all I had was 2 bucks and she was like "It's okay cuz you're a local!" Thanks lady!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
My entire cohort from graduate school is, as of this morning:

1. Gainfully employed
2. In the field or at least a closely-related field
3. With a living wage*
4. With benefits*
5. Doing something intellectually fulfilling and stimulating
6. With room for advancement*
7. In the state, so we can all be together.

I'm the asterisk, because I love my job the way it is and I have my husband's income and benefits. But everyone is getting what they need and what they want!

The last person from the cohort got hired today. I got hired while still a student, everyone else took anywhere from a month to a year. For terminal M.A.s in history in a state where history jobs have been gutted, this is goddamn exceptional that one of us would get a job, let alone in the field, let alone all of us.

Also I met my new boss yesterday and he is amazing.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I finally got to the end of that stupid song in Robot Unicorn Attack.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Got a raise today! :woop:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My birthday!

Got paid to get an oil change, watched some daytime TV with two cool dudes also getting their truck's oil changed. Got a killer Icee.

Watched some South Park with my mom, had pizza, and one pleco is sitting on eggs.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
So drat hot today that I did nothing and nobody gave me crap for doing it.
Just floated around in the pool, and didn't work up the gumption to even cook dinner until 9:30 pm.
I'm probably not gonna be able to sleep because of the heat, though.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

I had such a great day, despite having an awful time at work, that I'm going to be CRAZY and post here twice today.

I missed the sushi buffet but I went out to lunch with someone and they paid for me which was unexpectedly sweet. Then we spent a couple hours trying to fly a kite with no wind but we finally succeeded! A little kid and his dad spent some time watching us and when we finally got it the kid got really excited and started clapping. :3: During that time he picked me a wild flower which would have made my day anyway. Finally, the night ended with going to his place to watch a movie and a little friendly cuddling and some chocolate.

So definitely an awesome day. :)

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I spent most of last night and into early this morning with someone I really care about and we talked about everything in the world. Someday I might get brave enough and tell him how I feel.

Today I saw a friend that's been living in Indonesia for the past two or three years; she's finally back home and we're going to get coffee and catch up next week.

And just now, I was talking to one of the little middle school kids I used to work with when I was in high school. Now he's in high school (oh my god). I think I just inspired him to lighten up a little and not be so cynical.

This has been a good day.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Turns out fiancee's position is permanent after all! This week of apartment-hunting and meeting has turned into a wonderful, relaxing vacation. (The hotel life suits me well.) Lots of changes in the next month, nearly all of them positive (moving being the only exception). :)

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

I'm in a coffeeshop working on my book at 3:30 a.m. and a very cute stranger had to come up to me and gush over how I use OneNote "like a beast." Apparently he's a programmer or something for OneNote, in town for this big tech convention. I'm a nerd, I know, but it was really awesome and I got to thank someone for the software I rely on most.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
A little after I showed up to work, two of my bosses called me into the office. I was nervous cause I didn't really know what to expect.

It was my 90 day performance evaluation. I was hired basically as soon as they started hiring people, I've literally worked there for just about 90 days at this point.

They basically sang praises to me about how great I've been, gave me a raise, and moved me from part time to full time. They told me that, because I'm so good at what I do, that when they cut everyone's hours at wintertime when business slows to a crawl, I'll still be getting over 32 hours a week. They also told me that because I'm now full time, I will start to accrue paid vacation time, so this Thanksgiving and Christmas I'll be getting paid to visit family and watch football.

This is loving awesome, the raise means I'm basically guaranteed to be able to fully pay for this semester of school by about September-ish, and the paid vacation time means I won't be losing money when I go out of town to visit family, and will basically be in a good position to have next spring paid for well in advance.

Also I found out "Watch the Throne" comes out in like two weeks which is pretty awesome.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.

MindlessHavok posted:

Wanna know more about this.

Was it through a message or through chat?
If chat was it idly in the middle of conversation or did you open with that?
Also, what did she say?

Did it with a message, We're meeting up next week. :unsmith:

Spaticus has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Jul 22, 2011

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly

Spaticus posted:

Did it with a message, We're meeting up next week. :unsmith:

Werd up! :cheers:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ran into Mega-Hottie-Who-Works-Near-Me again. I've posted about our run-ins a couple times in this thread, but THOSE LEGS :swoon: Especially in short-shorts since it's been so hot out lately. A perfect end to the workweek.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I have the entire weekend off, I just went and cashed my paycheck, and I might be going to the beach sometime in the next couple of days. I've also bought my first textbook for the crazy freaking cheap price of $0.21, and the goggles I needed for a costume came in the mail today.

Today has been SO FREAKING AWESOME.

Edit: And then I went outside and swam in my private pool, then I read for a bit while I got a tan.

The Jumpoff has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Jul 22, 2011

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

A few doors down, I have these neighbors who are the second most annoying on the block. Their friends come to visit in big redneck gently caress-off trucks with flames and poo poo painted on the side, and they blast horrible metal and hair bands at all hours on these trucks, and then they go inside to drink or whatever and just leave that poo poo running at top volume for hours so the whole neighborhood can enjoy.

But if someone they don't like so much as sneezes, they tattle to the HOA - and "someone they don't like" means "gays" and "Mexicans" and "black people." (And how's this for karma: On one side of this house, there's a guy from Ghana. On the other side, a family from Nicaragua. Across the street, a lesbian cop and her partner, both Mexican-American. Behind this house, another Mexican-American family.) Fortunately the HOA, observing that these people have a weed-infested lawn, shutters falling off the house, and other violations of HOA rules, told them "If you stop complaining about stupid bullshit, then we won't fine you $XX for all of your violations."

Today, all their dumbass redneck friends came over and parked in every drat place with their stupid trucks. And unloaded the entire house, and drove all belongings away, leaving behind only a "For Sale" sign.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

AltoidsAddict posted:

A few doors down, I have these neighbors who are the second most annoying on the block. Their friends come to visit in big redneck gently caress-off trucks with flames and poo poo painted on the side, and they blast horrible metal and hair bands at all hours on these trucks, and then they go inside to drink or whatever and just leave that poo poo running at top volume for hours so the whole neighborhood can enjoy.

But if someone they don't like so much as sneezes, they tattle to the HOA - and "someone they don't like" means "gays" and "Mexicans" and "black people." (And how's this for karma: On one side of this house, there's a guy from Ghana. On the other side, a family from Nicaragua. Across the street, a lesbian cop and her partner, both Mexican-American. Behind this house, another Mexican-American family.) Fortunately the HOA, observing that these people have a weed-infested lawn, shutters falling off the house, and other violations of HOA rules, told them "If you stop complaining about stupid bullshit, then we won't fine you $XX for all of your violations."

Today, all their dumbass redneck friends came over and parked in every drat place with their stupid trucks. And unloaded the entire house, and drove all belongings away, leaving behind only a "For Sale" sign.

1. What's the HOA?
2. "Second-worst"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

C-Euro posted:

1. What's the HOA?
2. "Second-worst"?

Pretty sure the HOA is the Home Owner's Association.

But I'm pretty interested in why they're only the second worst...