Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mister Roboto posted:

Maybe I'm the minority, but I'd like to see Megaman ZX continued.

Yes, the story isn't particularly complex, but it does have a campy cartoon fun feel to it, and I like how the MM universe has evolved with each generation.

And I want to see what Master Thomas' somewhat sinister plan for the immortality data was...

I agree, more ZX would be great. I loved Zero too, but I'm glad it ended where it did, and I can't see it continuing. It would just be so wrong. But I really want a couple of games covering the Elf Wars. And it might allow us to see the best X redesign ever yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
In other news, Inafune just announced his first post-Capcom game, The Island Of Dr. Momo. It appears to be a casual mobile game for a Japanese social network, in which you try to breed The Cutest Thing. Bit of a departure from Methat-detonation...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shiki Dan posted:

What universe did you play MMZ in?

The whole series was probably the most bland and uninspiring MM games I ever forced myself to slog through.

I mean, the games weren't insanely incompetently designed like X6 or flat-out horrible like X7, but there was absolutely no soul or charm to the games at all.
The music, stages, and characters were all pretty forgettable.
Stop spouting opinion as fact.

Even including them in the same sentence as X6 or X7 shows how flawed your argument is.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 22, 2011

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Shiki Dan posted:

What universe did you play MMZ in?

The whole series was probably the most bland and uninspiring MM games I ever forced myself to slog through.

I mean, the games weren't insanely incompetently designed like X6 or flat-out horrible like X7, but there was absolutely no soul or charm to the games at all.
The music, stages, and characters were all pretty forgettable.

Look at this wrong-rear end post.

(although zero 4 kinda blew)

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Megaman Legends 3 canceled :(

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/a-lesson-in-how-not-to-cancel-a-video-game/3513/

[e] They canceled universe too? :smith:

Agnostic watermelon fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 22, 2011

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Agnostic watermelon posted:

Megaman Legends 3 canceled :(

We know friend, we know. :smith:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh, goddamnit, that's a shame. I actually enjoyed ZX and Advent. Being able to just go places and figure poo poo out on your own was pretty good, and I actually like how instead of one power per boss, you take a set of armor modelled after the recurring Zero villains.

I guess the whole "exploring and blasting poo poo" type of game will be left up to jkb.

Jesus, Capcom really is pulling out all the stops. The positive side in me thinks it's to re-evaluate and come back in full force later.

I googled the crap out of 'jkb' and can't get any meaningful results, it's driving me nuts :argh:. What the hell is jkb?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I googled the crap out of 'jkb' and can't get any meaningful results, it's driving me nuts :argh:. What the hell is jkb?

Independent designer working on a from-scratch flash replica of the SNES X engine to create a Metroidvania-style Mega Man game. It's hard to objectify anything from snippets of footage, but by all means it's shaping up to be the X9 Capcom never made. Do keep in mind a lot of his demo videos are from various stages of progress in the game's production, so some things might appear unfinished, or else he's got static placeholders for what'll eventually be fleshed out/balanced.

Here's a link to his channel containing footage from the beta.

Just peruse whatever strikes your fancy. He's got demos of stage interiors, new enemy design, and new weapons/armors/other doodads. It's the full monty. Outside of several sprites and terrain models, a bulk of what's present here is entirely fresh. He also seems to have reworked some of X and Zero's arsenals from the 32-bit era into 16-bit style spritework, and it's very pretty. The most interesting part to me is the weapons-system: you seem able to deck out each individual weapon with a facet of mods irrespective of the actual charge levels, and it looks to work on an upgrade tier of its own you can pick and choose from, ala Beams from Super Metroid.

This has been in production for ages and seems to be making steady if slow progress. He's got someone composing new music mashed from the X1 through 3 soundsets, and several people contributing spritework, but the level design and physics are all him. Hopefully the core game lives up to the promise of what we've been shown. My only worries are in bosses and challenge, as you seem to have access to more overpowered nonsense than even X3 managed. But he's adamant he'll stagger what you receive when, and the challenge rises to meet the demands of your firepower. We'll have to see.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CyberConnect2′s CEO Would Be Happy To Work On Mega Man Legends 3

Siliconera posted:

Capcom partnered with Solatorobo creator and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja developer CyberConnect2 to create Asura’s Wrath. It’s a brand new intellectual property where you play as an enraged demigod who gets beat down by planet-sized bosses before turning the fight around with a dramatic comeback.

Asura’s Wrath will be CyberConnect2′s first Capcom published title when it comes out next year. Curious to see what the future could hold and since Capcom lets external developers work on established franchises, I asked Hiroshi Matsuyama, CEO and President of CyberConnect2, what Capcom series would he like to develop.

"It would be Mega Man Legends 3," exclaimed Matsuyama in a Siliconera interview. "I really like the series!" Just this week Capcom canceled the Mega Man Legends 3 project for Nintendo 3DS where fans collaborated with the development staff on creating a sequel. Matsuyama said he was disappointed by that announcement. CyberConnect2′s work on Solatorobo and Tail Concerto could be a foundation for a Mega Man Legends sequel too. Would any fans "green light" a Mega Man Legends game from the Fukuoka based developer?

Would we green light it? Pretty sure we'd green light anyone at this point.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Tail Concerto wasn't a bad MML clone, so I wouldn't mind seeing the ones who worked on it give a real MML sequel a go.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Takoluka posted:

I know I would. CC2 has made some pretty awesome games. The Naruto games they make are fantastic and Asura's Wrath looks like Godhand 2 which is also fantastic.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Ultimate Ninja Storm and Asura's Wrath are, from a stylistic standpoint, some of the best games I've ever seen. Hell, I'll be honest I didn't like Legends all that much but if these guys can make Naruto look amazing, why not?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The Mega Man Zero series is great from a technical level in terms of controls and level design, but I'm not gonna lie, it is very bland looking and forgettable when it comes to visuals and character designs. Each entry in the classic series and the first 5 X games were pretty memorable. I can name just about all the classic robot masters by heart - I can't name a single one from the Zero series. Those games just kind of blend in for me, I don't know where one ends and where the next one starts.

The ZX series is much less memorable. They weren't bad games by any means. They were competently made, but there wasn't anything special about them. Honestly, I'm OK with there never being any more ZX games. In addition, Zero 4 was a decent end to the Zero series and that's where it should stop. They should have stopped the X series at X5, and look what happened.

Honestly, all I really wanted was Mega Man 9, which happened and was good, and Mega Man Legends 3... which obviously didn't.

If not MML3, I'd like the next Mega Man game to be a sort of relaunch of the series where they go for a huge 3D game that's somewhat like Ratchet and Clank.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Gammatron 64 posted:

The Mega Man Zero series is great from a technical level in terms of controls and level design, but I'm not gonna lie, it is very bland looking and forgettable when it comes to visuals and character designs. Each entry in the classic series and the first 5 X games were pretty memorable. I can name just about all the classic robot masters by heart - I can't name a single one from the Zero series. Those games just kind of blend in for me, I don't know where one ends and where the next one starts.

The ZX series is much less memorable. They weren't bad games by any means. They were competently made, but there wasn't anything special about them. Honestly, I'm OK with there never being any more ZX games. In addition, Zero 4 was a decent end to the Zero series and that's where it should stop. They should have stopped the X series at X5, and look what happened.

Honestly, all I really wanted was Mega Man 9, which happened and was good, and Mega Man Legends 3... which obviously didn't.

If not MML3, I'd like the next Mega Man game to be a sort of relaunch of the series where they go for a huge 3D game that's somewhat like Ratchet and Clank.

Not gonna lie, some of the music on Megaman ZX kicked rear end.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Takoluka posted:

Somehow I don't think it's the fans who would be in a position to greenlight it.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

pokecapn posted:

Somehow I don't think it's the fans who would be in a position to greenlight it.

Sure they would! If they would just support the game then it can totally be made! All it needs is fan support.

*works in Capcom PR*

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

Not gonna lie, some of the music on Megaman ZX kicked rear end.

Yeah, it did. The Zero and ZX games had nice music.

Maybe my problem with the ZX games was that instead of fun, brightly colored worlds, it was all dark and depressing. The X series was always darker than the original, but it still had very colorful cartoony and unique enemies and locations that evoked the original series, at least in the beginning. While very different in terms of just about everything, Legends still retained this Mega Man "feel", even though it took it in its own unique direction.

Even Battle Network kind of retains this, but the games themselves are such dull, boring slogs it makes it hard to appreciate them. One thing's for sure, I definitely do NOT want more Mega Man RPGs. Mega Man, at it's core is running, jumping and shooting.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
ZX is dark and depressing in your opinion :psyduck:? Most people complain about it being Anime as gently caress, which in the game's case means lens-flaring the poo poo out of every scene and giving every character strange proportions. If anything, it's OVER-coloured. The setting is far, far less dark than the later X's; think about X4's opening, a flying city crashes onto part of another city below, that's thousands of people killed in the first five minutes. In ZX, there NEVER is anyone directly threatened but the main characters. All the villians want is absolute power or some poo poo, which doesn't concern the general populace, like, at all.

ZX has you wandering around in a town full of people who're all basically going "life is good because the evil Nazi corporation protects us", what's depressing there?

Zero is a bit harsher, what with the resistance members basically fleeing from Reploid genocide, but X5's THE VIRUS INFECTS, LIKE, EVERYONE and there's nothing you can do is already darker than that, and it's only the beginning; X6 is canon, like it or not, so the end is "also 90% of humans die".

And I like the BN games really, really well because the combat system is THE best I've seen in any RPG; the actual design of the overworld and quests, the constant backtracking and poo poo is poo poo, BUT - as the eternal bane of random encounters which make backtracking a chore usually is actually no big deal at all BECAUSE of the insanely good combat system, it matters not at all.
Exception: BN4, because the backtracking is as bad as every other game in the series combined and the enemies are so loving annoying that even the combat system can't fix that.

Zero is the best Mega Man series, and Zero 2 is the best Mega Man game period; feel free to have a differing opinion, this is mine. Series could have ended with 3, Capcom demanded a fourth game for money reasons, amazingly it didn't turn out bad at all, there's no need for further games.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

Zero is the best Mega Man series, and Zero 2 is the best Mega Man game period; feel free to have a differing opinion, this is mine. Series could have ended with 3, Capcom demanded a fourth game for money reasons, amazingly it didn't turn out bad at all, there's no need for further games.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom got pissed off when Inafune made MMZ4 a great game with the series' best antagonist and a definite conclusion, thus thwarting their plans to zombify the Zero series as well.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Simply Simon posted:

ZX is dark and depressing in your opinion :psyduck:? Most people complain about it being Anime as gently caress, which in the game's case means lens-flaring the poo poo out of every scene and giving every character strange proportions. If anything, it's OVER-coloured. The setting is far, far less dark than the later X's; think about X4's opening, a flying city crashes onto part of another city below, that's thousands of people killed in the first five minutes. In ZX, there NEVER is anyone directly threatened but the main characters. All the villians want is absolute power or some poo poo, which doesn't concern the general populace, like, at all.

ZX has you wandering around in a town full of people who're all basically going "life is good because the evil Nazi corporation protects us", what's depressing there?

Of course, they never show any humans in the game at all anyway, they all die offscreen. All of this sounds like it Capcom could've handled it better, but at this point i'm starting to sound like i'm expecting really good writing material on what is essentially a kid's game.

I like the Zero series because for some reason, it reminds me of Apogee games. I loving hate Zero 2 though.

(And yeah, ZX is anime as all gently caress.)

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Honestly, I'm OK with there never being any more ZX games.

Me too for the same reasons, but playing a MegaMan game where you get to play as the anti-heroes (Prometheus and Pandora) would have been cool.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
ZX was, in my opinion, a rather depressing series in terms of theme because you spent your entire run through that game being manipulated by a bunch of forces that are using the whole world as their personal chess board. I would've been really interested to see how things GOT into that condition, perhaps a game where you were taking out Master Thomas would've provided that.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Well, ZX isn't dark and depressing in terms of storyline... I guess? I didn't even pay attention to it and I barely remember what the story even is. All I remember was that it was lame... and the metals or whatever were alive or something, and there was an evil corporation... and yeah, I dunno.

I mean... the Zero and ZX games are good... like, they play very well and probably have the best controls out of any Mega Man game, it's the SNES X gameplay refined, but other than that, I don't see what's so great about them.

Maybe the visuals were colorful too, I don't know. I don't remember. I only beat it once or twice. This is what I mean when I say they are forgettable and not memorable. Because I literally forgot half of the game. Sometimes I forget they even exist. Other than gameplay and music, they are just so average and samey that they simply don't stand out to me.

They just simply did not leave an impression on me. I beat them and I'm like "well, that was fairly decent." Not, "Wow, that was amazing!" or "Christ, that was terrible!" Just a little bit more than "Meh, that was all right." It will probably make you somewhat sad to hear that games like X6 and BN4 are more memorable and have left more of a lasting impression on me just because they're so terrible.

I can't really find that much to hate about the Zero and ZX games, so I definitely don't dislike them, but on the flip side, I can't find much that I love about them. I'm just... kind of indifferent towards them.

The Zero and ZX games just never clicked for me. I think they just didn't click for a lot of people. I'm glad you love them, at least somebody does. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with them like I did with the Classic and X games so there's zero nostalgia. Maybe it's because I got jaded with the X series at that point. Maybe it was the off-putting art style. I dunno.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 23, 2011

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Hm, different tastes...I can kinda see your point, though. When I first played Zero (1), I had no clue what I did, it looked and felt strange and confused the hell out of me, also it was balls-hard and I kept dying over and over. Elves? Missions? Overworld? The gently caress?

A year or two later, I had played MUCH more Mega Man, and saw the collection, said okay gently caress it and got it. Immediately upon booting up I noticed how insanely good the controls are. They blow everything out of the water that has been before, it's the most refined precision you could ask for. So I was off to a good start.
I then had a bit of a downer because Zero 1 just isn't all that GOOD...and I still kept dying all the time. But suddenly, with practice, and determination to not get beaten by those bosses, I realized how much fun I had trying to figure out how to win at the game.

ESPECIALLY the boss fights are, in general, the best ones in the whole series. They're fast, unpredictable, have a wide variety of attacks, and are always dodgeable. Sometimes with a trick, sometimes with good reflexes, but never resorting to bullshit, even if some come close. For me, the enjoyment of the games mostly comes from trying to really get GOOD at them.
If you take half an hour at the start to grind up the sword, then grind a bit more, get two Subtank Elves and the double health one, then...the game becomes trivial. You can just tank most bosses, fly through the stages, of course it won't be memorable. Everytime I want to do a quick playthrough, just by using weaknesses and a few elves, I find myself stopping at some point and trying to Triple Rod-only the bosses or something because just owning them with charged Saber strikes ISN'T ANY FUN AT ALL.

Hard Mode no hit Burble Hektelot - blood pumping, palms sweating, awesome gaming moment.
Draining two Subtanks while tanking damage from Phantom's attack because you don't want to think up a tactic - what am I playing this game for anyway.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Pureauthor posted:

Also the controls are incredibly smooth, especially in comparison to the X series.

Yeah, no. Megaman X has the best controls of ANY game I've played. Not just Megaman, ANY game.

Captain Invictus posted:

Stop spouting opinion as fact.

Stop spouting GameFAQs sentences as argumentation.

quote:

Zero 2 is the best Mega Man game period

Yuck. Just...yuck.
Weren't you the guy who never played a MM game until like 2 years ago?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, ZX isn't dark and depressing in terms of storyline... I guess? I didn't even pay attention to it and I barely remember what the story even is. All I remember was that it was lame... and the metals or whatever were alive or something, and there was an evil corporation... and yeah, I dunno.

Yeah, the ZX games weren't dark and gritty by a long shot. Most people hated how cutesy happy anime they were, especially as they took place in a utopia. I liked how we finally got to see what a PEACEFUL Megaman world looked like for once, instead of falling apart due to wars.

I can see why they're forgettable, though. They weren't really that heavy on story.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Shiki Dan posted:

Yeah, no. Megaman X has the best controls of ANY game I've played. Not just Megaman, ANY game.

Yuck. Just...yuck.
Weren't you the guy who never played a MM game until like 2 years ago?

:stare: Did you really read that before you posted it?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Shiki Dan posted:

You first?

I mean, it's alright to have an opinion, which is all you have, but to trumpet it as fact makes you look worse than those people you look down upon over at GameFAQs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Shiki Dan posted:

Every single thing you can do with X in MMX, you can do with Zero in MMZ with even greater responsiveness and smoothness. That's not opinion. This is factual. MMZ's controls are the best and most responsive in the entire platforming subseries.

Edit: Not to mention the MMZ series was the series were Inticreates came to the startling conclusion that binding Dash to the shoulder button was a better idea than one of the face buttons.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 23, 2011

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So apparently Gene and Megaman where meant to be in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 but where removed.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/22/mega-man-gene-god-hand-were-final-umvc3-character-pool/#co

Just draw a huge middle finger and direct it to every Megaman fan on the planet, its what they're going for it seems.

LordAndrew
Jul 13, 2009

Walking death machine equipped with the knowledge of Nuclear.

Christian Svensson posted:

Svensson said Mega Man is absolutely not dead and continues to be a very important brand for them.

Cancelling all Mega Man related projects, making GBS threads all over his fans, not including him in any of the fighting games even though he's one of the most requested character? Definitely not dead and rotting in a ditch. :allears:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't really play Capcom crossover fighting games, but how in the world is Mega Man not the first person they put in every one of them? It's like Smash Bros not having Mario in it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alteisen posted:

So apparently Gene and Megaman where meant to be in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 but where removed.

I'd say there's a difference between "were meant to" and "were last on the chopping block", but I guess that doesn't make MM and Gene fans feel any better.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Momomo posted:

I don't really play Capcom crossover fighting games, but how in the world is Mega Man not the first person they put in every one of them? It's like Smash Bros not having Mario in it.

Because insofar as fighting games are concerned Ryu's the main face, even in the crossovers.

Also, gently caress Capcom.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Alteisen posted:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/22/mega-man-gene-god-hand-were-final-umvc3-character-pool/#co

Just draw a huge middle finger and direct it to every Megaman fan on the planet, its what they're going for it seems.

Chill the gently caress down.
Mega Man is covered by both Zero and Arthur. You want Mega Buster shenanigans? Go with zero. You want a bullet-hell simulator? Go with Arthur.

There is no need to go "huuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr meaegman is not there thy haet him heeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Fighting games need players with different styles, why else do you think people are making GBS threads on the Shotoclones?

E: Also, to people who want the game to have exactly the same cast as MvC2: Why don't you go play MvC2? Is it really necessary for each version to have the same loving cast? I for am happy that Marvel gave the rabid fans the finger regarding Psyloche, Gambit, Juggernaut, and the rest that we already played in the past.

Workaday Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 23, 2011

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Momomo posted:

I'd love to see the next Smash Bros with him. If they can have Sonic (another dead corpse of a franchise...), perhaps Mega Man could lend his fighting talents.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Mega Man is covered by both Zero and Arthur. You want Mega Buster shenanigans? Go with zero. You want a bullet-hell simulator? Go with Arthur.

There is no need to go "huuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr meaegman is not there thy haet him heeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Oh come the gently caress on. Don't even try to convince yourself or anyone else that Zero can be used as a megaman substitute, especially when 95% of his attacks involve the Z-saber. As for Arthur, I don't understand how you people can be so full of yourselves when you say that Megaman is a dead franchise and no one cares about him, when Arthur and Firebrand get in the game. Did I miss the memo? When was Ghouls & Ghosts EVER bigger than Megaman?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nybble posted:

I'd love to see the next Smash Bros with him. If they can have Sonic (another dead corpse of a franchise...), perhaps Mega Man could lend his fighting talents.

Sonic's pretty far away from a dead corpse of a franchise. It has new games coming out on a regular basis, they sell very well for the most part and the overall quality has been going up pretty dramatically with recent titles. As far as mascot characters go, Sonic remains second to only Mario as far as general success goes.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nybble posted:

You say that about Sonic and while those games usually suck (colors was pretty good), Sonic games still sell a shitton of money so its not really dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Fighting games need players with different styles, why else do you think people are making GBS threads on the Shotoclones?

E: Also, to people who want the game to have exactly the same cast as MvC2: Why don't you go play MvC2? Is it really necessary for each version to have the same loving cast? I for am happy that Marvel gave the rabid fans the finger regarding Psyloche, Gambit, Juggernaut, and the rest that we already played in the past.

Why don't you chill the gently caress out, at no point does my post infer any sort of great rage not to mention the rest of your knee jerk poo poo.

I'm sorry but they've canceled 2 projects based off their popular mascot including one that had a lot of fan involvement, Gene is also pretty popular with Clover fans, flat out stating that both Megaman and Gene where in the running but ultimately where decided against is just a dick move, its irrelevant info that nobody really cares for, far as most people where concerned those 2 chars where just flat out never considered, especially Gene.

But someone saying, "Yea maybe but na", how else do you expect fans to react.