Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dame Cook posted:

Just as well it's both, then.
Oh man, this is really something else. I figured they wouldn't be able to have both the DC and Marvel licenses at the same time, but look at that. Really impressive, I'm guessing they were like "on the one hand, they have our arch-rival's license, on the other hand, having a Lego license is like printing money."

Maybe they'll do some Amalgam sets. :v:

Pyroclastic posted:

Pics of the prototype minifigs at SDCC have hit!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65451543@N04/5959378784/
Hahahaha the Iron Man is goofy as gently caress. I hope they trim down that helmet a bit. And the Hulk looks awful. Thor, Captain America, and Wolverine look great though, as do Green Lantern and Superman on the DC side of things. This new partnership looks really promising.

I'm sure the Batman set resellers are making GBS threads bricks(:v:) over the rereleases of the Joker and such, though! :byodood:

That article from BricksDownUnder went down once so I'll repost the list of minifigs here:

quote:

DC Comics
Green Lantern™
Bane
Batman™
Bruce Wayne
Catwoman™
Harley Quinn™
The Joker
Lex Luthor™
Poison Ivy
The Riddler™
Robin™
Superman™
Two-Face
Wonder Woman™

Marvel
Black Widow
Captain America
Deadpool
Doctor Octopus
Hawkeye
The Hulk
Iron Man
Loki
Magneto
Nick Fury
Spider-Man
Thor
Wolverine
Deadpool.

Deadpool.

DEADPOOL. :woop:

Really want him. REALLY want him. As well as Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Superman, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Magneto, Nick Fury, Iron Man(if they fix it), and Spider-Man. My wallet cried out in terror, and then was silenced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Deadpool is awesome. I want his box to have a yellow speech balloon of him saying "gently caress yeah! I'm a LEGO guy!"

Make it so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

beato posted:

Some more about the Marvel and DC partnerships here:
http://www.bricksdownunder.com/2011/07/lego%AE-super-heroes-make-a-splash/

and the official site:
http://www.legosuperheroes.com/

Interesting, that's Batman in the Dark Knight movie suit. Heath Ledger Joker minifig inbound?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Hmm, seeing that list of superheros suggests to me that this could turn out to be another collectable minifigs style deal where you get a random superhero in a packet. It might be a bit easy to find the Hulk though!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Saw a neck-beard walking through Sydney with the Earth Defence HQ set. Which one of you was it?

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

mitochondritom posted:

Hmm, seeing that list of superheros suggests to me that this could turn out to be another collectable minifigs style deal where you get a random superhero in a packet. It might be a bit easy to find the Hulk though!

This is probably going to happen, but probably at 5 bucks per minifig

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
So $1 more.

ChocolateMoose
Feb 10, 2011
also coming up: build-a-hero action figures! (but the look pretty lovely)

http://www.fbtb.net/2011/07/21/marvel-and-dc-comics-constraction-sets/

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

ChocolateMoose posted:

Line needs a giant composite Batman/Superman mech piloted by Captain Atom.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ChocolateMoose posted:

I just threw up in my mouth a little

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
Hey look, A Song of Ice and Lego:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/07/a-song-of-ice-and-lego

Also the author of this is an rear end in a top hat to joke that Lego officially was making sets from the show. I thought I would ruin that punch because it was not loving funny.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

CADPAT posted:

Hey look, A Song of Ice and Lego:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/07/a-song-of-ice-and-lego

Also the author of this is an rear end in a top hat to joke that Lego officially was making sets from the show. I thought I would ruin that punch because it was not loving funny.

Well, it did one good thing by showing me that those purses/messenger bags can make some pretty sweet shoulderpads.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Travis343 posted:

I just threw up in my mouth a little
They're not that bad, man. Batman's wings, maybe, but the others don't look too awful.

Just buy the head and build a body for it, one-up Lego's design team! :v:

SpecialF
Dec 14, 2004

`You might just as well say, that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'
Would it be too much to ask for the Marvel/DC sets to become minifigure series 6?

*sigh* ...I can dream

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

SpecialF posted:

Would it be too much to ask for the Marvel/DC sets to become minifigure series 6?

*sigh* ...I can dream

Mega Bloks did it with their Marvel line.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

ChocolateMoose posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo :mad:

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Captain Invictus posted:

They're not that bad, man. Batman's wings, maybe, but the others don't look too awful.

Just buy the head and build a body for it, one-up Lego's design team! :v:
I don't think they're bad at all.

Not what anyone would traditionally call LEGO, but seven year old me would have loved to have that stuff. It's also no worse than Bionicle, and like Bionicle, these look like they'll be giving a lot of cool pieces to build mechs and such.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Oh man, Lego has DC and Marvel! I don't know if this will be healthy for my wallet. I'm not super excited with the first DC run, but I always liked their weirder characters like Grundy, Etrigan, or The Question. Most of that supposed Marvel line sounds good by me. Any rumors if its gonna be just the minifigs or full sets?

Dark Wombat
Oct 11, 2002
It looks like Lego is trying to make Stikfas.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
So I have $100 in gift certificates I can spend at Amazon, Walmart, or Target. I'm strongly leaning towards LEGO Creator Shuttle Expedition. Alternately I could just get 10 of these: LEGO Power Miners Magma Mech Set.

Decisions, decisions.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

InfinEight posted:

So I have $100 in gift certificates I can spend at Amazon, Walmart, or Target. I'm strongly leaning towards LEGO Creator Shuttle Expedition. Alternately I could just get 10 of these: LEGO Power Miners Magma Mech Set.

Decisions, decisions.

Do you really want 10 (more?) silver-armor Power Miners and orange Rock Monsters, plus that giant blue drill? The transblue half-dome is a nice piece, and you've got some technic arms in blue, and 4 sets of click joints and the silver hose...nothing all that special about the set, IMO.

The Shuttle, though, is a great set. The dark orange tank pieces, a whole bunch of 4x2x4 white half cylinders

Get the Shuttle and two Mechs. You can swing another $20.

On my end, I picked up some Clearance sets today. Got Trash Compactor Escape at Target for $25 (mostly got it for the various struts and stanchions), the Arc-170 for $29 and the latest Fire Station for $38 at Fred Meyer.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ChocolateMoose posted:

Arent these just the Ben 10 parts with new heads?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Nothing would better accompany my hockey player minifig than a Wolverine minfig :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SynthOrange posted:

Arent these just the Ben 10 parts with new heads?
Hero Factory, actually. It's Bionicle 2.0.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Pyroclastic posted:

Do you really want 10 (more?) silver-armor Power Miners

The thought did cross my mind :xd: I do really want the shuttle, the only thing stopping me is I already have so many white pieces. But still, I'll probably end up going with that just because I want it.

Shrike41
Jan 7, 2011

Canopus250 posted:

Oh man, Lego has DC and Marvel! I don't know if this will be healthy for my wallet. I'm not super excited with the first DC run, but I always liked their weirder characters like Grundy, Etrigan, or The Question. Most of that supposed Marvel line sounds good by me. Any rumors if its gonna be just the minifigs or full sets?

I'm also super pumped about this and fear for my bank account. I was in my dark ages during the Spiderman and Batman runs and I can't wait to get some of these for my son (and me).

I am hoping for full sets myself!

AnimalsFighting
May 16, 2006

and as a victorian gentlemen, I should inform you that it's called fisticuffs
Although its not REAL lego, a picture of one of the new Starcraft Mega Bloks sets has popped up from comicon, looks pretty badass. I'm surprised no one has posted it yet.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

AnimalsFighting posted:

I'm surprised no one has posted it yet.

Well, it is megablocks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Legos have literally overflowed one side of the aisle and taken 1/3 of the opposite side, smushing the megabloks into a 8 foot wide section at my local Wal-Mart. Also they had boxes with hundreds of series 4 minifigs in them, I grabbed 9 and got two Sailors, a Baywatch surfer girl, Werewolf, Fisherman, Rocker(the only one I could feel, the mohawk is a dead giveaway), racing champ, Viking and painter. Mostly satisfied, I like the sailors a lot, although I'm really, REALLY getting sick of the constant :smug: on every single Lego face now.

Kinda bummed I didn't get a Hazmat guy or Mad Scientist. :smith:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I managed to feel my way into a hazmat guy from s4 and he is by far the best one of the set and pretty easy to pick out. Take a green lego lightsaber piece from my star wars set makes it look like a nuclear rod and that much funnier.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

AnimalsFighting posted:

Although its not REAL lego, a picture of one of the new Starcraft Mega Bloks sets has popped up from comicon, looks pretty badass.

Actually, it does. If they actually make it in plain colours and not the pebbledash effect they use for the Halo stuff, it might be worth a look. But I've never seen the point of getting sets for the unique pieces if they don't match anything else.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Dame Cook posted:

Actually, it does. If they actually make it in plain colours and not the pebbledash effect they use for the Halo stuff, it might be worth a look. But I've never seen the point of getting sets for the unique pieces if they don't match anything else.

I had to google that to figure out what you were talking about, and I'm still not sure what part of the Halo sets look like they were Jackson Pollocked out the rear end.

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Tanith posted:

I had to google that to figure out what you were talking about, and I'm still not sure what part of the Halo sets look like they were Jackson Pollocked out the rear end.

It was a bit of an exaggeration, but a large number of the parts are speckled rather than plain colours. Not so much on the Covenant stuff, and I do keep being tempted to pick some of those up for the purple.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Dame Cook posted:

It was a bit of an exaggeration, but a large number of the parts are speckled rather than plain colours. Not so much on the Covenant stuff, and I do keep being tempted to pick some of those up for the purple.

Which is weird, because the Covenant's hardware was pretty iridescent or at least brightly metallic. Human stuff is generally all gunmetal and olive drab.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Has anybody had a chance to watch the LEGO Star Wars cartoon on Cartoon Network yet? Manage to watch it today and it is wonderful and funnier than all hell, would highly recomend it to any Star Wars or LEGO fans.

Jax Nadine
Jun 12, 2011

by T. Finn
Wow, anothre minecraft ripoff :rolleyes:

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
The sale ends today, but Toys R Us has "buy one get the second 1/2 off" sale on certain Lego sets!

I saved about $60 on stuff I was already going to buy *and* I get a free Lego snowman or xmas tree (wtf?)

toaster_pastry fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 24, 2011

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Rythe posted:

Has anybody had a chance to watch the LEGO Star Wars cartoon on Cartoon Network yet? Manage to watch it today and it is wonderful and funnier than all hell, would highly recomend it to any Star Wars or LEGO fans.

I caught an episode today too. It was awesome. Really funny and cute. Vadar popping in random scenes killed me.

Subotai
Jan 24, 2004

toaster_pastry posted:

The sale ends today, but Toys R Us has "buy one get the second 1/2 off" sale on certain Lego sets!

I saved about $60 on stuff I was already going to buy *and* I get a free Lego snowman or xmas tree (wtf?)

Oh my gosh I almost had a heart attack when I first saw that image. I thought they were somehow selling the giant millenium falcon which was discontinued, and they were selling it for only $150.00.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
What is the angle of the slope of the cheese piece?

I'm still trying to figure out how to make a clean octagon shape.