Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Coughing Hobo posted:

Old World Blues has the best player home ever.

.... Post pics? I'm hesitant to buy DLC off sales, because by their very nature I usually think they're hugely over-priced. Granted I haven't tried NV DLC yet though I picked up the first two during the summer sale, so maybe they're the few that are actually worth it.

For an example, Broken Steel and Point Lookout are good DLC for the cost. The rest from FO3 weren't worth $10 (maybe OA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

.... Post pics? I'm hesitant to buy DLC off sales, because by their very nature I usually think they're hugely over-priced. Granted I haven't tried NV DLC yet though I picked up the first two during the summer sale, so maybe they're the few that are actually worth it.

For an example, Broken Steel and Point Lookout are good DLC for the cost. The rest from FO3 weren't worth $10 (maybe OA).

Dead Money took me a good 4-6 hours last night I think(Wasn't paying super close attention), and there was a ton of brand new art assets(I'd say only maybe 1/3 were reused and that was basic stuff). It's the good end of the pay DLC for sure.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Mr. Crow posted:

I don't have any pictures of the whole thing, just a couple of... specific parts of the home, but as a generality, I've found all three DLC for NV way, WAY worth it.

As for OWB's player home, it has the expected plethora of storage space (no scripts to auto-organize it, though), including a workbench, reloading bench, a hot plate, and a fully-stocked auto-doc, complete with being able to change your haircut and face. It also has a vendor who will repair your stuff with 100 repair skill, you have a couple of services to break things down into raw materials, you can fill empty bottles with purified water, you can grow and clone your own plants, and when you complete OWB you get a teleporter that allows you to go straight to the The SINK (what the home is called) from anywhere outdoors.

I'm saving the best for last, though; all of your appliances have a personality. And they're all very silly and make the home feel more like a mini, if really dysfunctional, community.

Here's a small handful of screenshots. Spoilers, insomuch that it reveals a little bit of the personalities of your appliances in The SINK.

http://imgur.com/Efp2m http://imgur.com/15GP7 http://imgur.com/F8RwJ

Ending slide spoilers (not particularly important, but you've been warned): http://imgur.com/ZP4uZ

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Coughing Hobo posted:

I don't have any pictures of the whole thing, just a couple of... specific parts of the home, but as a generality, I've found all three DLC for NV way, WAY worth it.

As for OWB's player home, it has the expected plethora of storage space (no scripts to auto-organize it, though), including a workbench, reloading bench, a hot plate, and a fully-stocked auto-doc, complete with being able to change your haircut and face. It also has a vendor who will repair your stuff with 100 repair skill, you have a couple of services to break things down into raw materials, you can fill empty bottles with purified water, you can grow and clone your own plants, and when you complete OWB you get a teleporter that allows you to go straight to the The SINK (what the home is called) from anywhere outdoors.

I'm saving the best for last, though; all of your appliances have a personality. And they're all very silly and make the home feel more like a mini, if really dysfunctional, community.

Here's a small handful of screenshots. Spoilers, insomuch that it reveals a little bit of the personalities of your appliances in The SINK.

http://imgur.com/Efp2m http://imgur.com/15GP7 http://imgur.com/F8RwJ

Ending slide spoilers (not particularly important, but you've been warned): http://imgur.com/ZP4uZ

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

The Sink has made completing my hideout mod very difficult. It's such high quality that I'm not entirely sure that modded in housing can compete with it. I'm really tempted to just add an armory room to The Sink with a weapon wall and add auto sort scripts to the containers.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Omnicarus posted:

The Sink has made completing my hideout mod very difficult. It's such high quality that I'm not entirely sure that modded in housing can compete with it. I'm really tempted to just add an armory room to The Sink with a weapon wall and add auto sort scripts to the containers.

Wow, it's gotta be good then. But ya know, making a home mod that requires a DLC is kinda lame too. Why not do both, just make the weapon wall fit the same theme so you can do both. How hard is it to add some doors to the OWB home and then the scripts.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

One thing that sucks about using The Sink as your base is you have to dismiss your companions to go back there. Hopefully there will be a mod will take care of that.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Naky posted:

Wow, it's gotta be good then. But ya know, making a home mod that requires a DLC is kinda lame too. Why not do both, just make the weapon wall fit the same theme so you can do both. How hard is it to add some doors to the OWB home and then the scripts.

In the last 5 minutes that's what I've decided to do. :) The design that I have right now is extremely modular so once I'm done I'm going to release two versions, one that adds the entire hideout, complete with bedroom, food storage, armory and ammo dump(the whole thing is compacted into two rooms, the armory/crafting/ammodump being 4x5 and the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, entrance etc being in 5x3), and another that cuts off the bedroom, etc and entrance and replaces it with an elevator that will link the armory to The Sink bedroom. That way you can have your choice.

Also my reason for saying that it is difficult to compete with is that there is some stuff that is just beyond the ability of casual modders, i.e. a large variety of well voice-acted appliances.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 22, 2011

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Wiseblood posted:

One thing that sucks about using The Sink as your base is you have to dismiss your companions to go back there. Hopefully there will be a mod will take care of that.

Agreed. Looking at the script, it doesn't seem like it'll be too hard:
code:
If (bInMojave == 0)
Else
	If ( Player.IsInInterior == 1 )
	ElseIf ( VNPCFollowers.bHumanoidInParty == 1 ) || ( VNPCFollowers.bCritterInParty == 1 )
		ShowMessage NVDLC03TeleporterNoCompanionsMsg;
	Else

Set bInMojave to 0;
		Player.MoveTo NVDLC03SinkArrivalMarker;

EndIf

EndIf
Just remove these two lines:
code:
ElseIf ( VNPCFollowers.bHumanoidInParty == 1 ) || ( VNPCFollowers.bCritterInParty == 1 )
Which should work, assuming your companions will then just follow you when you're moved into the DLC. I'll give it a shot when I finish though to be honest one probably exists already and if not I'll probably still be beaten. But it definitely seems like it'll happen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

code:
If (bInMojave == 0)
Else
	Else

Set bInMojave to 0;

EndIf

EndIf
code:
Which should work, assuming your companions will then just follow you when you're moved into the DLC. I'll give it a shot when I finish though to be honest one probably exists already and if not I'll probably still be beaten. But it definitely seems like it'll happen.

Oh man, I don't think I will even use Lucky 38 Suite much more if I can visit this place all the time. In my current playthrough, I haven't even visited Vegas yet, but all my current items are stored at the SINK. If that hotfix for the AI gets posted for Requiem for a Capital Wasteland, then things will be perfect.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It took me a while to figure out why I dislike the Lucky 38 so much. Then I realized: It has no loving windows. Even Vaults were brightly lit and gave the illusion of sunlight; the Lucky 38 is dim and dingy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Question about Powered Power Armour: If I make a new PA helmet (want to have a unique appearance on my character's helmet) does it just need to have the 'power armour' box checked, or do I need to add it to some lists?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The lucky 38 hotel room always looked like the hotel room in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to me. I just left shitloads of empty booze bottles, food and drugs on the floor and never went back.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Question about Powered Power Armour: If I make a new PA helmet (want to have a unique appearance on my character's helmet) does it just need to have the 'power armour' box checked, or do I need to add it to some lists?

It should be recognized by PPA simply by checking the power armour box.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It took me a while to figure out why I dislike the Lucky 38 so much. Then I realized: It has no loving windows. Even Vaults were brightly lit and gave the illusion of sunlight; the Lucky 38 is dim and dingy.

Even worst is the weird particles in the air that make it feel unsettling at times.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Rirse posted:

Even worst is the weird particles in the air that make it feel unsettling at times.
If I remember right, there was also a really annoying bug related to those dust particles where it would slowly reduce performance the longer you stayed in the suite. I think there was even a mod or two that disabled the dust to get around it. Probably been patched by now, though.

The Sink is pretty cool, but it wouldn't be worth much if it didn't have all the awesome appliance characters. Other than them, it's more or less on par with most of the nicer player home mods (UHNV before the author went way overboard on superfluous features is the first that comes to mind).

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Can anyone point me at a mod that fixes the businesswear bug? It annoys the crap out of me, especially since (if the concept art is anything to go off of) suit colour is the only thing aesthetically to differentiate The Chairman from Omertas.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

DemonNick posted:

Can anyone point me at a mod that fixes the businesswear bug? It annoys the crap out of me, especially since (if the concept art is anything to go off of) suit colour is the only thing aesthetically to differentiate The Chairman from Omertas.

Here. I'm really surprised they haven't officially fixed this, yet. I fixed the problem in like two minutes.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, looking through the recent changes on the nexus, I found something that fixes the GECK not showing script errors.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

SheepNameKiller posted:

It should be recognized by PPA simply by checking the power armour box.

Are the vanilla power armor helmets flagged as power armor? They certainly don't require training to wear.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Fairly basic questions - I installed a number of mods (Armory, Tag Skills Improved, ST Traits & Perks, Project Nevada) via FOMM, but I installed NVSE directly into my F:NV folder. Can I use FOMM to install NVSE instead?

Also, I presume I have to launch F:NV from the NVSE file? Or can I launch the game normally through Steam?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Hmm, getting some crashes trying to launch the game through any method. Time to start disabling random mods.

EDIT 2: Got it. Needed the Project Nevada DLC patches.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 22, 2011

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Here. I'm really surprised they haven't officially fixed this, yet. I fixed the problem in like two minutes.

Thanks! I figured it was an easy fix, but I'm kinda retarded when it comes to modding.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Arcturas posted:

Fairly basic questions - I installed a number of mods (Armory, Tag Skills Improved, ST Traits & Perks, Project Nevada) via FOMM, but I installed NVSE directly into my F:NV folder. Can I use FOMM to install NVSE instead?

Also, I presume I have to launch F:NV from the NVSE file? Or can I launch the game normally through Steam?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Hmm, getting some crashes trying to launch the game through any method. Time to start disabling random mods.

I think you need to run the NVSE loader.exe once, then you can launch it through anything. For example I manually installed NVSE and the Launch button in FOMM says "Launch NVSE"

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is there any good "weather" mod that only removes the orange tint and nothing else? Unlike Fellout, for example, which makes night time pitch black.

Also, I was kinda resenting making an Energy Weapons focused character, using nothing but the Recharger Rifle and Plasma Pistol for 6 hours. Then I went to REPCONN HQ & Test Site and wow -- the Q35 Matter Modulator is a great weapon, but Thundah! from AG Supplementary Uniques takes loving awesome to a whole other level :science:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 22, 2011

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Started a new game with the basics: Project New Vegas, IWS, AWOP, Warzones and a couple of quest/dungeon mods.

The fight with Joe Cobb's gang at the start had them take almost no damage and two of them came equipped with miniguns.

What in the gently caress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The aesthetics of Thundah (and the sound!) are wonderful.

Whenever I use a weather/atmosphere mod it ends up screwing up my facial textures (they turn all grey and drab).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a mod that will make the AIs in the Sink cheer you whenever you enter there after you finish Old World Blues?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Vincent Valentine posted:

Started a new game with the basics: Project New Vegas, IWS, AWOP, Warzones and a couple of quest/dungeon mods.

The fight with Joe Cobb's gang at the start had them take almost no damage and two of them came equipped with miniguns.

What in the gently caress.

If Project New Vegas = Project Nevada, then I can tell you that isn't the source of your problem. It most certainly falls on AWOP or IWS. Somebody about eight or ten pages back made a similar complaint with those mods in their load order. I've never used either mod for an extended period of time, but I wouldn't consider them "basics." They do a pretty good job breaking the game's balance, actually.

I just realized you're using Warzones, too. I think you're just asking for trouble combining those three mods together. Like a Witch's brew, only made of poo poo and things that hate the Gamebryo engine.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If Project New Vegas = Project Nevada, then I can tell you that isn't the source of your problem. It most certainly falls on AWOP or IWS. Somebody about eight or ten pages back made a similar complaint with those mods in their load order. I've never used either mod for an extended period of time, but I wouldn't consider them "basics." They do a pretty good job breaking the game's balance, actually.

I just realized you're using Warzones, too. I think you're just asking for trouble combining those three mods together. Like a Witch's brew, only made of poo poo and things that hate the Gamebryo engine.

Last time I used IWS, AWOP and Warzones all they did was increase spawn numbers, add dungeons+monsters and add combat zones respectively.

That is not all they do anymore so I get to turn them off and have significantly fewer things to shoot which is just boring :smith:

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Is there any mod to fix the automatic weapons' firing animation? They recoil before firing.

Also, despite Project Nevada not displaying any errors upon start-up, when I try to install an implant, it tells me there's something wrong with the Cyberware addon?

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Kaptain K posted:

I'm having trouble running Project Nevada with MTUI. This is my first playthrough trying to use Project Nevada since it first came out a long time ago and it's now really worth using and slick - I can run it fine but whenever I have it running along with MTUI it gives me a popup saying the HUD files are no good and I can't access the PN menu from the pause screen.

Do I have to choose one or the other here? The PN page on Nexus doesn't indicate any conflict and I followed the totally standard and simplistic FOMM installation method it recommends.

Do I have to activate the 2 mods in a particular order maybe? I dunno. Advice?
I'll add an addendum to this just in case anyone's had this same problem - I fixed it by installing iHUD and MTUI before Project Nevada making sure to do that one last and they're all working in harmony now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Vincent Valentine posted:

Don't use Warzones and AWOP. AWOP used to be good, but then it got far too bloated and buggy. And Warzones is just terrible. IWS is perfectly fine in my experience, however.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah I've been using AWOP for a long time now. I have no idea why. It was never very good and all it's done is either make the game way to easy or at some points WAY WAY to hard (even if you have 10 END) where there are raiders that have these insane weapons that you can't take down because you die so fast.

The starter packs are also basically cheating, so yeah... stay away. I just removed it from my load order, but some of the items still remain. Any way to totally uninstall this? Will disabling the ESM do all the work? Or do I have to start a new game as well?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

In case you're experiencing a bug where drawing the K9000 causes the "dog growl" to repeat a bunch of times simultaneously, eventually CTD'ing the game, check to see if Manual Reload is part of your load order. I'm quite certain this is the cause of the problem, though I'm not entirely sure why.

EDIT:

Alright, I found a temporary fix to the problem. Open up Manual Reload.esp in GECK along with Old World Blues.esm. Make Manual Reload the active file. Then, go to the weapons tab, find the K9000 and FIDO, and open them up. Edit each so that NVDLC03CyberdogGunScript is switched to NONE (the setting immediately below "Name".) The problem is that this will remove the charm of the weapon barking and growling when you go into combat, but it will allow the weapon to be used in conjunction with Manual Reload. Save the file, enable it, enjoy.

I'd advise editing the Manual Reload file because changes you make in this manner will obviously rely on Old World Blues.esm being loaded, but the changes will not be made to the .esm, nor will they require ANOTHER .esp being made in order to enforce the changes. The only thing is, if you have any mods that edit the K9000 / FIDO and they load AFTER Manual Reload, they'll probably overwrite this ad hoc fix and you'll be back to the CTDs.

Let me know if this helps.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jul 22, 2011

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

code:
If (bInMojave == 0)
Else
	Else

Set bInMojave to 0;

EndIf

EndIf
code:

I tried the same idea last night and it works. All I need now is a mod to send companions there when I dismiss them and I'll never need another hideout or safehouse again.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I just updated my Old World Blues tweak mod. It now includes 6 .esps for various tweaks. They're all completely independent so you can just use one or several depending on what you want:

1. Changes the Valence Radii-Accentuators so that your hair doesn't disappear when you equip it.

2. Same as above, but changes it to BodyAddon3, so you can equip other headgear at the same time.

3. Lets you mod FIDO using mods for the K9000.

4. Adds an automatic stealth field to the fully upgraded stealth suit mk II.

5. Lets companions teleport to Big MT with you. You can also send companions there when you dismiss them.

6. Automatically adds more caps to the Sink CIU vendor if it gets low.

Nexus link

By the way, I'd like to have a thumbnail image to go with the mod, but I've been having an issue with my screenshots all looking strangely distorted. If someone could post a screenshot of #1 and/or #5 in action, it would really help me out.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

NotInventedHere posted:

By the way, I'd like to have a thumbnail image to go with the mod, but I've been having an issue with my screenshots all looking strangely distorted. If someone could post a screenshot of #1 and/or #5 in action, it would really help me out.

I took this one today with the Valence mod running. Thanks for the mods, btw!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

NotInventedHere posted:

I just updated my Old World Blues tweak mod. It now includes 6 .esps for various tweaks. They're all completely independent so you can just use one or several depending on what you want:

1. Changes the Valence Radii-Accentuators so that your hair doesn't disappear when you equip it.

2. Same as above, but changes it to BodyAddon3, so you can equip other headgear at the same time.

3. Lets you mod FIDO using mods for the K9000.

4. Adds an automatic stealth field to the fully upgraded stealth suit mk II.

5. Lets companions teleport to Big MT with you. You can also send companions there when you dismiss them.

6. Automatically adds more caps to the Sink CIU vendor if it gets low.

Nexus link

Not using all of it, so I appreciate you splitting it up. Some of these make the DLC perfect though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I am still enamored with the Lobotomite Mask.

NotInventedHere posted:

Two for the price of one! Hopefully this helps you out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At least the problem with the SINK AI with Requiem for Capital Wasteland has been found (it conflicts with Rivetcity's Dialog of all things). Guess a patch is coming out for it in the next few days along with Pointlook Out support, but thankfully someone posted the trouble spot being 0001d572, which I removed with the edit program. Now I can talk to SINK and begin those quests for the AIs (even through I did find Toaster while wandering around).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Actually, the RfCW old world blues patch is out now. The mod author is trying to change the formID, though, so that the RivetCity dialog can still be around.