Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

It feels so wrong not to have any teams active, although that's mainly the fault of RC&C and my twist league taking like over a month to get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Power of Pecota posted:

It feels so wrong not to have any teams active, although that's mainly the fault of RC&C and my twist league taking like over a month to get started.

You'll have an active team in about 6 hours!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Apparently there's almost no interest in a 4th season of two man band. I thought we'd fill in 2 seconds like last time!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ArtVandelay posted:

Apparently there's almost no interest in a 4th season of two man band. I thought we'd fill in 2 seconds like last time!

Eh. For me, once was enough. It got frustrating looking at a 9+ team ERA all season.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

The blacklists basically removed all good choices. Honestly if this were to fill someone would end up with like Gary Sheffield on offense.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My Aaron team is playing 110 points below it's pythag!

I seriously can't understand what's going on here. I have some incredibly awesome relievers who should be flat out destroying people, and they're getting lit up every game. I even picked up a much better pitching coach, and they're playing worse than last season.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Some interesting protects in the forums Rule V league...

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=2&TopicID=441989&ThreadID=9544848#l_9544848

I'm going to have some really interesting players fall to me and I'm not sure where I should go.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Some interesting protects in the forums Rule V league...

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=2&TopicID=441989&ThreadID=9544848#l_9544848

I'm going to have some really interesting players fall to me and I'm not sure where I should go.

Everyone i was interested in was protected :(

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Surely we can still get Two-Man Band going again! I'll sign up eventually. :)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

nasboat posted:

Surely we can still get Two-Man Band going again! I'll sign up eventually. :)

Well, if no one else signs up, then it's not happening!

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

ArtVandelay posted:

My Aaron team is playing 110 points below it's pythag!

I seriously can't understand what's going on here. I have some incredibly awesome relievers who should be flat out destroying people, and they're getting lit up every game. I even picked up a much better pitching coach, and they're playing worse than last season.

At least your team isn't falling into stamina hell. My pitching staff doesn't have enough stamina to survive and I'm scrambling with roster moves to make sure I don't end up in 0(0) hell.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
If anyone's looking to pick up an HBD team, Harold Reynolds has several openings. It's a laid back league, I enjoy playing in it. Check it out if you're interested, contact r0b0t for details.

E: Apparently he might open it to go public over the weekend, if you'd rather go that route. ~*Options*~

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I thought the RBI distribution here was interesting considering I kept the lineup static the entire season.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

If anyone's looking to pick up an HBD team, Harold Reynolds has several openings. It's a laid back league, I enjoy playing in it. Check it out if you're interested, contact r0b0t for details.

E: Apparently he might open it to go public over the weekend, if you'd rather go that route. ~*Options*~
If anyone was interested, Reynolds is open to public now and has two spots left. One is an 88-74 team in a competitive NL North (this team finished 4th in the division); another is a 70-92 team in the AL North.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I will avenge your loss to bubbaq, Pecota :black101:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
I advanced to the 3rd round of the TOC and the ligapelota team I was going to have to face lost :toot:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I had the 27th pick in Aaron, and for some reason, I got the guy was 2nd on my board. Anybody want to post a comparison of what you see of him?

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like how my 24th round pick is demanding 8.5m with a spring training invite. Now that's what I call determined to finish college!

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

ArtVandelay posted:

I had the 27th pick in Aaron, and for some reason, I got the guy was 2nd on my board. Anybody want to post a comparison of what you see of him?

If any of my top picks are college players, I like to slot them into A- or A+ immediately for the better coaching, so they accelerate to the ML level. Especially with a guy like that, you want this season and 4-5 starts of next before bringing him up, I think.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

if that guy was second on your board who the hell was first

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Nice, that guy didn't appear to me at all and I got a crappier pitcher with the #1 overall pick

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Art's scouting. :rolleyes:

Here is the guy I took first:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Are there top talent guys in HBD that everyone knows about or is it possible for every single team to miss on any given guy? Like...nobody in baseball wouldn't have known about Bryce Harper, are there guys like that that every single player knows is there when scouting?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Are there top talent guys in HBD that everyone knows about or is it possible for every single team to miss on any given guy? Like...nobody in baseball wouldn't have known about Bryce Harper, are there guys like that that every single player knows is there when scouting?

No its possible for best players to be missed, its stupid but it is necessary or teams with top picks could cheat by not funding scouting at all.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

I don't think it's possible to know. If a guy doesn't get drafted, or if he gets drafted and doesn't sign, he's gone forever, so it's not like you'll see a super great guy the next year that says "spent the year in independent ball" or something

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I don't think it's possible to know. If a guy doesn't get drafted, or if he gets drafted and doesn't sign, he's gone forever, so it's not like you'll see a super great guy the next year that says "spent the year in independent ball" or something

This ia not true. It says this in the knowledge base

code:
Q. What happens if I don't have enough money to sign my 1st round draft pick?
  	A. 	If the player is a college Senior he will become a FA next season. 

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ArtVandelay posted:

This ia not true. It says this in the knowledge base

That's only for college seniors and they're hardly ever signability problems, just like in real life. Everyone else disappears.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

There is no possible way my team is going to get close to the 120mil cap in rule V

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ArtVandelay posted:

There is no possible way my team is going to get close to the 120mil cap in rule V

Very few teams do, my WS/TOC winning Red Sox team drafted an enormously large overage of PA/IP and used like one of my AAA guys. Last season I think I had something like 7000 PA and 1900 IP and made the playoffs.

The cap really should be $10m lower, but we decided to push for eliminating AAA instead.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

All 3 ligapelota teams out of my TOC.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

The cap really should be $10m lower, but we decided to push for eliminating AAA instead.

I'm the one who raised the AAA issue to sin and I was actually pushing for removing AAA AND lowering the cap but he didn't really seem receptive to the latter.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Really even round 3 of the TOCs is 5 game series. When do they go to 7?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Scrotos posted:

Really even round 3 of the TOCs is 5 game series. When do they go to 7?

Starting at the final four in the money rounds.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

All hail Ed Walsh.

I now have two teams facing each other in the World Series. :hellyeah:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone feel like trainwreck innings like this happen fairly frequently in HBD, or is it just a SLB thing?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

AlleyViper posted:

Does anyone feel like trainwreck innings like this happen fairly frequently in HBD, or is it just a SLB thing?

It happens in HBD all the goddamn time, trust me.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe

AlleyViper posted:

I don't know what your talkin... oh for gently caress sake!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Tied 2-2 with 95% 08 Addie going in game 5 of the elite 8 of the TOC :ohdear:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Awww man :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

AlleyViper posted:

Awww man :smith:

Don't worry, my team's pretty bad this season

• Locked thread