Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tecman posted:

Speaking of amusing bugs from the leak, found these on Facepunch:

I guess it turns out that Adam is JC Trenton's father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Zedd posted:

Got my preorder from Greenmangaming at last.

Reminder that the coupon code I posted on the first page is expiring tomorrow. It's possible GMG might put up a new code for the last week of July, but don't chance it if you've been thinking about getting DX:HR cheap especially at release.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Gyoru posted:

Reminder that the coupon code I posted on the first page is expiring tomorrow. It's possible GMG might put up a new code for the last week of July, but don't chance it if you've been thinking about getting DX:HR cheap especially at release.

I'm hoping they do another coupon, cause I'm unable to get it right this minute :(

The game's fantastic looking and this would be the first time I've preordered since... Ever, I think.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What the gently caress Tecman, this OP is NUTS

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What the gently caress Tecman, this OP is NUTS

This is the kind of OP that the police find written on the walls of a murder-suicide crime scene

It's pretty amazing

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Tecman posted:

Looks like his legs need to be augmented.
:downsrim:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tecman posted:

Man, I think R2D2's gritty reboot shows how the new Star Wars games are trying too hard to be "badass".

Lord Solitare
Feb 9, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I guess it turns out that Adam is JC Trenton's father.

Does anyone have a link to JC Trenton stuff? Google searches just bring up a map to some place and YouTube are some home made videos of chicks in a hotel or something

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Do you get the preorder DLC with the Augmented Edition on greenmangaming?

Lycentia
Jul 30, 2009

It's the suit.

Gyoru posted:

This still worked as of late last night, thanks!

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008
28 bucks for a highly anticipated upcoming release. poo poo like this is why I love :pcgaming:

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Lord Solitare posted:

Does anyone have a link to JC Trenton stuff? Google searches just bring up a map to some place and YouTube are some home made videos of chicks in a hotel or something

Try JC tenton.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, now that I got some time to mess around with it on aforementioned friend's laptop, the social aug and the verbal negotiation scenes are more interesting and more difficult than I thought. It's not just a matter of saying the right thing, it's saying it at the right time; tricky.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Speedball posted:

Huh, now that I got some time to mess around with it on aforementioned friend's laptop, the social aug and the verbal negotiation scenes are more interesting and more difficult than I thought. It's not just a matter of saying the right thing, it's saying it at the right time; tricky.

Lines are also randomised every so often, so you can't savescum for the best approach. It's a wonderful element of the game, and I'm very glad you don't have to be perfect to have a success - you can still humiliate or shame them, resulting in the loss of cooperation, but if what you're saying makes sense overall they'll bend. I loved it.

"The sooner you get over it, the sooner you put this behind you, the sooner you can get yourself together."

"I...I...you're...you're right, Adam. I just...give me a call...in a day or two, yeah? :("

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I wonder if the final version of the game will change it around so that not all augs on the menu are available at first, because the Typhoon is supposed to be a super-secret experimental augmentation they're going to sell to the alphabet agencies later, yet Jensen has it! (on the other hand, Sarif seems to be the type of guy who would totally front-load his favorite employee with all the goodies he had available).

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Isn't the whole idea behind Adam's augmentations is that (early game spoiler?) you never actually install any new augmentations, since all of his augmentations are already in his body, and Praxis points just represent him using software to turn them on one at a time, possibly ahead of schedule? Which brings up some serious ethical questions (Adam required life-saving procedures, but Sarif may have decided that while he was on the operating table, might as well go above and beyond the call of duty to turn him into Sarif Industries' pet Terminator).

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Speedball posted:

I wonder if the final version of the game will change it around so that not all augs on the menu are available at first, because the Typhoon is supposed to be a super-secret experimental augmentation they're going to sell to the alphabet agencies later, yet Jensen has it! (on the other hand, Sarif seems to be the type of guy who would totally front-load his favorite employee with all the goodies he had available).

He has front-loaded Jensen. Hacking into the computers at the LIMB clinic in Detroit reveals Jensen was stuffed full of technology, far beyond what he needed to survive (having perfectly healthy body parts removed or replaced in the process). Speaking with a doctor in there reveals that a lot of the augmentations aren't active yet, however, and are turned on by PRAXIS kits to prevent his body being overloaded.

I do hope you can later confront Sarif about this, though I do hope he doesn't turn out to be part of the bad guys' conspiracy. Dammit, let me be loyal to someone who might be an rear end in a top hat but unrelated to the enemies. :saddowns:

^^^^ oh you son of a bitch. :argh:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Tecman posted:

JC Hill.

Jax Nadine
Jun 12, 2011

by T. Finn

Tecman posted:

our little family keeps gettin bigger..

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What's the highest level computer terminal you can hack in the preview? Just wanna know how much I have to put into hacking - don't want to gimp myself too much, but I want to read everything!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm pretty sure it's maxed at 5, which I saw as soon as you were able to run free in Detroit.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

There are several Level 5 ones.

Also heads-up everybody, today is the last day you can use the 20% off code "FACEB-JULY3-20PEC" at greenmangaming.com to get DXHR for like :siren:$28.:siren:

edit: also you should use Gyoru's referral link to give him some ~internet fun dollars~ since he's the one who introduced the deal to the thread: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=biluzowo

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 25, 2011

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The PS3 trophy list is finally out. Pretty much the same thing as the 360/PC lists, but it has a really lazy named Platinum trophy (named "Platinum"). In spite of this, they went out of their way to make it look good.

Aw yeah, can't wait to add that to my collection.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Pharmaskittle posted:

There are several Level 5 ones.

Also heads-up everybody, today is the last day you can use the 20% off code "FACEB-JULY3-20PEC" at greenmangaming.com to get DXHR for like :siren:$28.:siren:

edit: also you should use Gyoru's referral link to give him some ~internet fun dollars~ since he's the one who introduced the deal to the thread: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=biluzowo

They only sell the PC version of the game, right? Rgh.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It lists the voucher code as expired.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I've been tainted by the sweet taste of DEALZ now I'll be forced to wait for it to be 50% off on steam

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relin posted:

I've been tainted by the sweet taste of DEALZ now I'll be forced to wait for it to be 50% off on steam

When DX:HR comes out, it'll only be a few more months to go for the winter sale.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Played the leak the whole way through a couple months ago, stealth/hacking mostly. I recall wondering why some computers didn't let you do anything after hacking into them.

Played the leak a little more today and just realized I could turn off cameras with the A button.

Also undecided whether highlighting is good or bad. Probably going to leave it on, because spending a bunch of time hunting around for objects in every room is not as much fun in such detailed environments. Everything being highlighted really does feel about the same as Deus Ex 1 with nothing highlighted.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

the littlest prince posted:

Also undecided whether highlighting is good or bad. Probably going to leave it on, because spending a bunch of time hunting around for objects in every room is not as much fun in such detailed environments. Everything being highlighted really does feel about the same as Deus Ex 1 with nothing highlighted.

Doors being highlighted is kind of obnoxious; big giant yellow things taking up hallways. On the other hand, ammo and other small items being highlighted is very important because they'd be easier to miss with all the detail in the environments. So I don't hate it at all, I just wish one particular item of it could be turned off.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Speedball posted:

Doors being highlighted is kind of obnoxious; big giant yellow things taking up hallways. On the other hand, ammo and other small items being highlighted is very important because they'd be easier to miss with all the detail in the environments. So I don't hate it at all, I just wish one particular item of it could be turned off.

The glory of mods.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

A mod that brought back the System Shock 2/Deus Ex highlight box thing would be great. It was a lot less obnoxious than the glowing yellow outline.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Relin posted:

Normal price locally: 50euro's.
Greenmangaming + 15%preorder +20% coupon = 30 dollar
30dollar = +-20euro.

I got it for 60% off :smug:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So is the game going to be released in different languages? I'm imagining Adam Jensen talking in Japanese or German and it's highly entertaining.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Speedball posted:

So is the game going to be released in different languages? I'm imagining Adam Jensen talking in Japanese or German and it's highly entertaining.
Ich habe das nie gefragt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ETjzWAMPc&t=67s

Linguica fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 25, 2011

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug

Speedball posted:

Linguica already posted a German one (the Neeeeein at 3:47 in that trailer is loving epic), so here's a Japanese version of the TGS one as well (it was the first version we got, since hey, Tokyo Game Show): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmEoO4tXz0

Tecman fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 25, 2011

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Linguica posted:

Ich habe das nie gefragt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ETjzWAMPc&t=67s

I thought you were kidding, because that sentence sounds awkward as hell in german.
Turns out you weren't.

The localistation seems to be a pretty big concern, though, which it should. With a game like this, you either make an effort or leave the original voices in it and just translate the text.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Speedball posted:

Watching movies in German owns, I am Dutch and pretty decent at understanding German (horrible at speech though) and most movies own in German.
"Neo du bist der eine!" :byodood:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, I didn't realize it, but most of Adam's moves in that trailer made it into the game as his takedowns. Neat.

The points reward system for lethal/nonlethal is interesting. The nonlethal weapons aren't always as reliable as the regular weapons and their ammo's rarer, and the bad guys'll be woken up by their buddies if you leave them where they lie, but you usually only need to hit them once and you get more points than going lethal. It's a good balancing system. The only downside to all that is there aren't a lot of good reasons for using lethal melee takedowns, which is sad because their animations are clearly the most awesome.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Speedball posted:

The only downside to all that is there aren't a lot of good reasons for using lethal melee takedowns, which is sad because their animations are clearly the most awesome.

The only real downside to lethal takedowns are the crab hands and how horrible they makes you feel afterwards. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

KillHour posted:

It lists the voucher code as expired.

Sorry, I guess I posted just before it stopped working because I tested it in the check-out screen without actually buying anything just before :(. If anyone knows of another deal, please do let us know! The Green Man Gaming thing was seriously the only reason I pre-ordered the game instead of waiting for it to go on sale later in the year, and I reckon a lot of folks are the same way.

• Locked thread