Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

For those using AG Supplementary Uniques; has anyone noticed how wildly inaccurate some weapons are?

Namely the Hammer .50 and Matilda. They seem to be off by ~10-20 degrees. The Hammer .50 I can understand, it is a compact .50 after all...but the Matilda is a full size .50, why the gently caress is it firing 15 degrees above where I'm aiming? I hope it's an installation error on my part but some how I doubt that it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

fennesz posted:

For those using AG Supplementary Uniques; has anyone noticed how wildly inaccurate some weapons are?

Namely the Hammer .50 and Matilda. They seem to be off by ~10-20 degrees. The Hammer .50 I can understand, it is a compact .50 after all...but the Matilda is a full size .50, why the gently caress is it firing 15 degrees above where I'm aiming? I hope it's an installation error on my part but some how I doubt that it is.

Double check the iron sighting by going into third person view while sighting and going back into first so the crosshairs stay. Either he iron sighted it wrong or the spread on it is ridiculous... or you don't meet the skill requirements to shoot it accurately perhaps too.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

Double check the iron sighting by going into third person view while sighting and going back into first so the crosshairs stay. Either he iron sighted it wrong or the spread on it is ridiculous... or you don't meet the skill requirements to shoot it accurately perhaps too.

I did check the ironsighting (I do this with each new weapon I find now, holy poo poo the Brush Gun is off), skill is at 100 and even popped a Steady. Everything was still 15 degrees above where I was aiming.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

fennesz posted:

I did check the ironsighting (I do this with each new weapon I find now, holy poo poo the Brush Gun is off), skill is at 100 and even popped a Steady. Everything was still 15 degrees above where I was aiming.

Check the spread in GECK. It might be ridiculous then.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Anyone have a save at the brain conversation? I think I found the loop bug for the conversation with (OWB) your brain (I'm really just guessing but it seems reasonable based on the other conversations I'm looking at). It is of course required you've completed both of the referenced quests.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Anyone have a save at the brain conversation? I think I found the loop bug for the conversation with (OWB) your brain (I'm really just guessing but it seems reasonable based on the other conversations I'm looking at). It is of course required you've completed both of the referenced quests.

I should be getting that spot soon. I just want to finish the SINK Companion Quest (don't need to explain why I haven't done this yet) and the quest to the village. If you haven't fixed it by then, I will post my save.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Rirse posted:

I should be getting that spot soon. I just want to finish the SINK Companion Quest (don't need to explain why I haven't done this yet) and the quest to the village. If you haven't fixed it by then, I will post my save.

I've already got it made here, just load this up and tell me if it works if you could. If not, I'd be very grateful if you could post your save.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is there a mod that gives ED-E a cowboy hat? His music makes it seem like he needs one.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Tonight's episode of The Adventures of That Guy:

I HATE ROBITS.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Reached New Vegas and the gun runners. I got a silencer for my hunting shotgun, and a shiny new giant fuckoff sniper rifle, and then accidentally sniped a crimson caravan guard (there was a red marked enemy near him), one shotting him, dropping my NCR rep from high to Sneering Punk, and had to reload my last save, back at the 188 trading post.
:( Crap

But seriously, silenced shotgun lol

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Has anyone had any issues with Fake Fullscreen Mode Windowed - Alt Tab Fix? http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41381
I don't know why it has such an atrocious name, but it's basically just Borderless mode for FNV. It can automatically detect/run the 4GB exe, so setting fallout_fullscreen.exe in the custom launch command in FOMM works right and dandy for me so far. I'm a dude who loves some borderless mode, and someone was asking for an easier way to close the game (this just lets you alt-F4 out of it) so I figured I'd share! The only weird issue is that you apparently have to have some other window open in order to alt-tab, but I usually do so it hasn't come up for me yet.

EDIT: I wish there was a decent player voice replacement. I don't care for how the FNV default male voice sounds compared to the FO3 default male voice. Is there any way to easily change it over? The new one is just a little too high pitched or something, I'm not sure what it is. The only mods on the nexus that I could find are abysmal.

potaties fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jul 24, 2011

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Now this is a companion replacer I can get behind: brain bot ED-E :D

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Does anybody use the New Vegas Restoration mod? I'm interested in it but I heard it breaks quests. Anybody have an opinion of it?

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Upmarket Mango posted:

Does anybody use the New Vegas Restoration mod? I'm interested in it but I heard it breaks quests. Anybody have an opinion of it?

It soft-breaks the main quests. The NCR and Legion branches are still doable, if you can get the relevant NPCs to spawn. I've found that just entering and reentering it enough will make Vulpes/Alerio and the generic NCR grunt show up after a fashion, but I can't get Bye, Bye Love to work with NVR and NVFR enabled.

That aside, if you can get past the fact it retains the core game's LODs (the metal walls show up in long and medium distance, but not when you get close) and that both NVR and NVFR feel very incomplete (both are supposedly due for content-heavy updates in the near future) the atmosphere is way better and they have a lot of potential.

That said, I've never gotten the third NVR mod, SMOTS, to work.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

DemonNick posted:

It soft-breaks the main quests. The NCR and Legion branches are still doable, if you can get the relevant NPCs to spawn. I've found that just entering and reentering it enough will make Vulpes/Alerio and the generic NCR grunt show up after a fashion, but I can't get Bye, Bye Love to work with NVR and NVFR enabled.

That aside, if you can get past the fact it retains the core game's LODs (the metal walls show up in long and medium distance, but not when you get close) and that both NVR and NVFR feel very incomplete (both are supposedly due for content-heavy updates in the near future) the atmosphere is way better and they have a lot of potential.

That said, I've never gotten the third NVR mod, SMOTS, to work.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. I suppose I'll wait for it to be updated a bit more though.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I've been trying to use Archive Invalidation with New Vegas to fix some texture issues with Electro City but I can't get it to work. Everytime I have it running or attempt to activate it my game crashes when I load my save. I have the latest Steam version, is there an Archive Invalidation that works with it? :(

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I just have the FOMM set to handle invalidation.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Yeah I tried that, that's where the crashes are coming from. Tried to set it up manually after and it still doesn't work. My game might just not like it :(

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just uninstalled AWOP and now I realize what a bloated piece of poo poo it was. The writing was so loving terrible, but I always liked the locations. The game is much more challenging now without those M weapons and items raining from everywhere.

Serious edit: I also installed IWS to sate my lust for mayhem. I ran out of shotgun ammo killing bloatflies at the Goodsprings cemetary :( I hope that no quest npcs get owned by random stuff rolling along the wasteland.

I forgot how huge this game was even without a bunch of added locations.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 24, 2011

kiph
Apr 28, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone know of a mod that modifies the 'Wait' function so that it happens instantaneously? I hate how, for certain quests, I'm expected to wait for a certain amount of time (say, 3 days) and yet I'm forced to suffer through the tedium of hitting 'T', dragging the bar across to 24 hours, waiting 24 seconds, hitting T, then repeating another two times. I want it so that when I hit the wait button, it happens IMMEDIATELY and time passes straight away, rather than forcing me to wait 24 seconds. Does such a mod exist, or am I poo poo outta luck?

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
If i remove Johnny Guitar from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv will i cause any instability say if the game tries to play it? If so i'm guessing i could just replace it with another song and keep the file name.

God drat do i hate that song...

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Retrograde posted:

If i remove Johnny Guitar from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv will i cause any instability say if the game tries to play it? If so i'm guessing i could just replace it with another song and keep the file name.

God drat do i hate that song...

It will probably cause some kind of issue, you can't just delete things like that, the game will still reference them and look to play them unless they are modded out. I don't know about the replace, it might only work if the song is of the same length as the original. Radio stations in this game work a little differently from the way meshes and textures do.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Is the De Lisle Carbine an Armory, Project Nevada, or vanilla gun? It needs some looking at - it's got a sweet scope on top, but when I right-click to go to iron sights, the scope is opaque and blocks my view so I can't see anything.

Still, I've really been enjoying Armory.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arcturas posted:

Is the De Lisle Carbine an Armory, Project Nevada, or vanilla gun? It needs some looking at - it's got a sweet scope on top, but when I right-click to go to iron sights, the scope is opaque and blocks my view so I can't see anything.

Still, I've really been enjoying Armory.

Another of my boneheaded mistakes. The latest WIP fixes it.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Oh? Excellent. I'll go snag that now, then. Can I grab it off samods? The listed version is 2.0, which is what I thought I had.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Arcturas posted:

In general, if you want to find out which mod an item is from, you can do this (NVSE required):

- drop the item on the ground
- open the console
- click on the item
- type "gbo" in the console - short for GetBaseObject
- it'll display a formID. The ESP or ESM with a load order number that matches the first two digits is the source of that item.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arcturas posted:

Oh? Excellent. I'll go snag that now, then. Can I grab it off samods? The listed version is 2.0, which is what I thought I had.

Yeah, it's an unofficial build so I don't post them on samods. You can find the link on the last page. You should be okay to apply the WIP build and keep on playing with your game.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks! I appreciate the responsiveness. (Plus the mod is excellent)

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I think the FN-FAL in Armory has broken ironsights? The rear circle doesn't line up with the little metal prong on the front or whatever, it makes it really hard to aim precisely.

Is New Vegas Bounties II supposed to throw insane amounts of enemies at you? I took the quest to find the Mongol Kid, and when I got to where he was, about 10 Great Khans spawned before my eyes and started attacking me, making the blur from getting hit totally obscure my view.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

SheepNameKiller posted:

It will probably cause some kind of issue, you can't just delete things like that, the game will still reference them and look to play them unless they are modded out. I don't know about the replace, it might only work if the song is of the same length as the original. Radio stations in this game work a little differently from the way meshes and textures do.

Darn, haven't found a mod that removes it either, i guess no one hates it as much as i do haha.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Splash Damage posted:

I think the FN-FAL in Armory has broken ironsights? The rear circle doesn't line up with the little metal prong on the front or whatever, it makes it really hard to aim precisely.

Is New Vegas Bounties II supposed to throw insane amounts of enemies at you? I took the quest to find the Mongol Kid, and when I got to where he was, about 10 Great Khans spawned before my eyes and started attacking me, making the blur from getting hit totally obscure my view.

Which FAL? The Izzy or the regular one?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coughing Hobo posted:

Now this is a companion replacer I can get behind: brain bot ED-E :D

Just a matter of time before someone makes a nude option though. Hot cerebral folds - adults only!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I really don't like Wrye Flash NV for Fallout New Vegas. For some reason when I use it, the game gets "crash zones" added to areas in the game, like my earlier problem with the Narrows in "Honest Hearts" and now Higg's Village in "Old World Blue". A shame, since the bash patch is so useful (have to choice using the Lings hair or the updated NPC mod now), but makes the game so unstable.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Two mods I am going to try out right now related to the DLC - Reuinted and it feels so good (stupid name) and Honest Hearts extensions. Together, the two mods let you go back to Zion/Sierra Madre and recruit companions as actual companions. Honest Hearts Extensions moves the reward at the end of Honest Hearts and spreads it across Zion, so that you have to actually go back and explore. Seems pretty good, but I have yet to start it up.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I'm looking at the GECK, to see what the FNVEdit incompatibilities look like in GECK, but I'm having trouble finding exactly where the stuff is.

For instance, the ELECTRO-CITY completed work order, it says that there's a reference package, but I'm only seeing a normal one.

Gyshall posted:

Two mods I am going to try out right now related to the DLC - Reuinted and it feels so good (stupid name) and Honest Hearts extensions. Together, the two mods let you go back to Zion/Sierra Madre and recruit companions as actual companions. Honest Hearts Extensions moves the reward at the end of Honest Hearts and spreads it across Zion, so that you have to actually go back and explore. Seems pretty good, but I have yet to start it up.
It looks like Honest Hearts Extensions takes out some stuff, though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Retrograde posted:

Darn, haven't found a mod that removes it either, i guess no one hates it as much as i do haha.

Hate that song :hfive: If you ever find a good way, do let me know immediately. Maybe it's fit for an 'irrational hate' thread but I switch stations the moment I even hear it announced, or the intro melody.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Rirse posted:

I really don't like Wrye Flash NV for Fallout New Vegas. For some reason when I use it, the game gets "crash zones" added to areas in the game, like my earlier problem with the Narrows in "Honest Hearts" and now Higg's Village in "Old World Blue". A shame, since the bash patch is so useful (have to choice using the Lings hair or the updated NPC mod now), but makes the game so unstable.

I don't like it either, in fact I never actually even use it anymore. Here is how I would rank the different types of compatibility solutions, in order of best to worst:

1) creating your own compatibility patch in NVEdit
2) NVEdit merged patch feature
3) Wrye Flash bashed patch feature

Also loading lings before the updated NPC mod always resulted in both mods working fine for me.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Naky posted:

Which FAL? The Izzy or the regular one?

While we're talking about The Armory; totally going to have to request more relatively fast firing, unscoped semi-automatic battle rifles. I'm pumped as hell that you guys are putting an M14 EBR in 2.5, I just wish I had a few more flavors to choose from. The G3 and M14 in CoD4 forever ruined me for this, sorry.

And while I'm talking about weapons holy hell does installing CRL9000 fit so well with so many weapons. It even works on the majority of armory weapons as well. If you remain unconvinced, holy poo poo pickup a Brush Gun or This Machine.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 24, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The Brush Gun with Arenovalis' retexture and CRL9000 is solid. :clint:

Is there a mod that improves the quality of ejected brass? Some of them look pretty silly, size wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chronojam posted:

Hate that song :hfive: If you ever find a good way, do let me know immediately. Maybe it's fit for an 'irrational hate' thread but I switch stations the moment I even hear it announced, or the intro melody.

Would it be possible to make a radio mod like CONELRAD or Existence? It would just the vanilla stations, except every reference of Johnny Guitar is removed, the only problem that I can see is that it would conflict with Extended New Vegas Generator.