Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I guess I'm the only person in this thread who likes Johnny Guitar (in fact I just started playing it in YouTube right now just to spite all of you). Maybe it's because I like Peggy Lee in general, or maybe it's because the only time I heard it in the game was when I walked into an abandoned rest stop. There was dim light pouring in from the boarded-up windows, with that lonesome song playing on the radio. Very poignant.

But then I don't listen to the in-game radio stations much, so maybe I just haven't given it the chance to become irritating yet.

I do like the Conelrad mod station, though. I just started listening to it right before I made my way across Boomer territory, and I have to say it was pretty fitting hearing jaunty songs about bombs dropping while, you know...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I like Johnny Guitar too, but you'll have to admit that it gets a bit old after hearing it several times per hour. The songs in Fallout 3 weren't necessarily better, but just the larger amount of songs made the radio more enjoyable, as you didn't hear the same songs all over again as often as in New Vegas.

The ramblings of Tabitha on Black Mountain Radio are awesome though, hearing about Battle Cattle still cracks me up, every single time.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

fennesz posted:

While we're talking about The Armory; totally going to have to request more relatively fast firing, unscoped semi-automatic battle rifles. I'm pumped as hell that you guys are putting an M14 EBR in 2.5, I just wish I had a few more flavors to choose from. The G3 and M14 in CoD4 forever ruined me for this, sorry.

And while I'm talking about weapons holy hell does installing CRL9000 fit so well with so many weapons. It even works on the majority of armory weapons as well. If you remain unconvinced, holy poo poo pickup a Brush Gun or This Machine.

AS is making at least two. The EBR and I believe the G3A4 are the two he's making to be exactly that. If you're curious, both were completed in the latest WIP if you want to tool around with it. Just know that AS hasn't done his usual balancing bit to it yet.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The EBR is not semi-automatic; however, the current M14 will be redone to be that.

Semi auto (4.2 attack rate) battle rifles: M14, SR-25, Zastava M76
Full auto battle rifles: M14EBR, FN FAL, G3A4

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The EBR is not semi-automatic; however, the current M14 will be redone to be that.

Yeah that's what I get for talking out my rear end. But to make up for it, I'll make an iron sighted version of the Zastava and make the scope a mod. I suppose I can throw a silencer on it too if people want one.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Is there a mod that adds the Rock-It Launcher from Fallout 3?

I liked Johnny Guitar, but Big Iron was the best (though I had to crank the volume all the way up to actually hear it). Does "battle cattle" actually mean anything?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that there's something wrong with the radio randomization algorithm that makes certain songs play more than others.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember hearing that there's something wrong with the radio randomization algorithm that makes certain songs play more than others.

All I know is I feel an urge to murder developers every time I hear Big Iron.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sam. posted:

Does "battle cattle" actually mean anything?

All or most nightkin have an aversion towards brahmin cows. Why? Who knows, but you'll even catch one Nightkin killing tons of them during the night on one quest.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Big Iron is such a badass song I put that poo poo on my iPod.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Arrath posted:

All I know is I feel an urge to murder developers every time I hear Big Iron.

You monster. Johnny Guitar causes that in me, though.
(All fixed with the More where that Came From mod, F3 music while playing New Vegas is good)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How can I make a merged patch with FNVEdit. There is a "instruction manual" on the Nexus, but it's literally :words:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Rirse posted:

How can I make a merged patch with FNVEdit. There is a "instruction manual" on the Nexus, but it's literally :words:

Right click, create merged patch

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've done about 2.5 runthroughs of New Vegas on Normal/Non Hardcore, without much issue. Would switching to Project Nevada and doing my first hardcore run at the same time probably be too much of a difficulty jump?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I've done about 2.5 runthroughs of New Vegas on Normal/Non Hardcore, without much issue. Would switching to Project Nevada and doing my first hardcore run at the same time probably be too much of a difficulty jump?

Not at all. Its what I'm in the middle of right now. Sometimes (rarely) you might find yourself a bit short on ammo or meds, thats about it.

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Sam. posted:

Does "battle cattle" actually mean anything?

The Legion's symbol is based on Ceasar's personal standard, which featured a bull. It's all over their flags and poo poo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SheepNameKiller posted:

Right click, create merged patch

I tried that, but it didn't work. My character's hair switched to one of the generic hair styles from New Vegas when I used Lings and NPC Replacer mod.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

:negative:

I guess I never really gave the SR-25 a shot. I hosed up the texture and never bothered to fix it.

Naky posted:

Yeah that's what I get for talking out my rear end. But to make up for it, I'll make an iron sighted version of the Zastava and make the scope a mod. I suppose I can throw a silencer on it too if people want one.

I'll take what I can get. I don't mind the full-auto too much (semi-automatic is just more fun), but scopes take away a lot of the character the weapons seem to have. I never understood why everyone, especially modders it seems, is so in love with scopes; figuring out the ironsights is half the fun.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Rirse posted:

I tried that, but it didn't work. My character's hair switched to one of the generic hair styles from New Vegas when I used Lings and NPC Replacer mod.
Download the manual, and look at page 38 on, specifically. That segment is really all you need, as far as I can tell. There's a little more to creating a patch then just the actual creation; sometimes it just doesn't know what to do with some conflicts. It really really helps to start the process, though. Set up the filter, as it shows in page 38. Then expand your merged patch data, and go one by one through the records that it it had trouble with.

EDIT: As an aside, Puce Moose's mod got an update today, the Fallout3 merger got a newer OWB compatibility patch, and someone made a 'play as sonic' mod. :psyduck:

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 25, 2011

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Goon modders, your expertise is required.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43005

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kgummy posted:

EDIT: As an aside, Puce Moose's mod got an update today,

Oh hell yes!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Chinaman7000 posted:

Goon modders, your expertise is required.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43005

Why is his lighting all hosed up? It's like he has spotlights on parts of his body, while neighboring parts are plunged into inky shadows. He is the glowing shadow.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Why is his lighting all hosed up? It's like he has spotlights on parts of his body, while neighboring parts are plunged into inky shadows. He is the glowing shadow.
I'm guessing it has to do with him converting the model from what looks like one of the Sonic games to Blender. Also incompetence.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Naky posted:

These guns are pretty awesome in the new build, too. I love my M14 EBR.

But while we're adding requests to the pile, the option of having no scope on some of these (can scopes be mods?), or the option to add a red-dot to guns with iron sights that suck, would be amazing. I have no idea how difficult it would be to actually do, so feel free to tell me to gently caress off.

(Plus, as I imagine you're aware, the FN guns lack animations, as does the FAMAS 3 prototype, or whatever it's called)

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Does anyone use the "A World of Pain" mod? I just installed it as a way to extend my re-playability after DLC stuff, and it seems stupid for whoever made this to not add map-markers for all the poo poo he added. I have to reference a Word file to visit every new location? I guess I'm talking out of my rear end, because I don't know what goes into editing the map-markers, but gently caress, it seems crucial to know where all the new poo poo is.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arcturas posted:

These guns are pretty awesome in the new build, too. I love my M14 EBR.

But while we're adding requests to the pile, the option of having no scope on some of these (can scopes be mods?), or the option to add a red-dot to guns with iron sights that suck, would be amazing. I have no idea how difficult it would be to actually do, so feel free to tell me to gently caress off.

(Plus, as I imagine you're aware, the FN guns lack animations, as does the FAMAS 3 prototype, or whatever it's called)

Actually, I'm not aware of it - which FN guns and how are they not animating? You mentioned the FAMAS though, so I'm curious - you DO have WAR installed right? The Weapons Animation Replacer? It's a required mod install for use with The Armory as certain animations will simply not work at all without it - bullpup animations, full auto pistol animations, vertigrip animations, etc.

And yes, scopes can be mods but whether or not they should be removed or not is debatable from gun to gun. For example, the SR-25 is not a gun that was made to be fired with iron sights - it was designed with a scope in mind. You could remove the scope but then it's pretty much a regular AR15. I'm willing to do the Zastava because it has no mods right now so why not. I suppose if you wanted to you or others could submit some suggestions on what scoped guns could have iron sights and I may consider doing it if their mod slots aren't already full. Same goes for suggestions on which guns could benefit from an eotech added to it.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

bunky posted:

Does anyone use the "A World of Pain" mod? I just installed it as a way to extend my re-playability after DLC stuff, and it seems stupid for whoever made this to not add map-markers for all the poo poo he added. I have to reference a Word file to visit every new location? I guess I'm talking out of my rear end, because I don't know what goes into editing the map-markers, but gently caress, it seems crucial to know where all the new poo poo is.

The map marker thing literally requires you to just add one static marker(a 20 second task) and name it(a 4 second task) to place them.

AWOP is kind of a poo poo mod imo. Most of it is just bloated, terribly written, and the items are way overpowered. Not to mention that over half of the mod follows a principle of Create Hallway, Add 4-5 pieces of clutter, fill remainder of hallway with as many spawns as possible.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I think PN is basically designed to be played with hardcore, so it shouldn't be unreasonably difficult.

PN (and FWE) really doesn't make the game HARDER, it just changes the flow of combat to be more FPS-like. You'll find less ammo and other supplies, but every weapon is MUCH deadlier so unless you're a terrible shot you shouldn't really feel like you don't have enough. At most, you'll probably find that you have to grab a new weapon off an enemy sometimes because you have a ton of one kind of ammo but no gun that uses it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kgummy posted:

Download the manual, and look at page 38 on, specifically. That segment is really all you need, as far as I can tell. There's a little more to creating a patch then just the actual creation; sometimes it just doesn't know what to do with some conflicts. It really really helps to start the process, though. Set up the filter, as it shows in page 38. Then expand your merged patch data, and go one by one through the records that it it had trouble with.

EDIT: As an aside, Puce Moose's mod got an update today, the Fallout3 merger got a newer OWB compatibility patch, and someone made a 'play as sonic' mod. :psyduck:

Okay, I did this and now things are working.

Another note, I need to determine what crashing my game whenever I try to enter the Securitron de-construction plant.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think PN is basically designed to be played with hardcore, so it shouldn't be unreasonably difficult.

PN (and FWE) really doesn't make the game HARDER, it just changes the flow of combat to be more FPS-like. You'll find less ammo and other supplies, but every weapon is MUCH deadlier so unless you're a terrible shot you shouldn't really feel like you don't have enough. At most, you'll probably find that you have to grab a new weapon off an enemy sometimes because you have a ton of one kind of ammo but no gun that uses it.

This isn't really true anymore unfortunately, the Rebalance module of PN leaves a lot to be desired and I'm probably going to end up hijacking half of Arwen's leveled list adjustments to finish my hardcore mod if I can't get hers to start/I end up not liking hers like I think I wont. She has to many :confused: changes, like the Med-Tec module or whatever just is a giant :psyduck: of why would you want to play with that.

Basically I don't want a bunch of extra bullshit, I just want a difficult game within the confines of what vanilla NV already provides.

Also, I've made a lightweight upgrade to the L38 Presidential Suite, get it here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=43003

Main feature is the crafting benches automatically grab crafting materials out of (certain) containers and then put them back when you're done crafting, for faster and easier crafting. You can also update materials the script includes easily by adding them to a form-list (details in readme) or just turn the feature off entirely.

Unsure if it will work 100% with games-in-progress (if you haven't been the L38 it will work for sure).

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 25, 2011

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Naky posted:

Which FAL? The Izzy or the regular one?

The regular one without any attachments.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Splash Damage posted:

The regular one without any attachments.

Actually both are. I fixed them before I released 2.0 and didn't copy them over, same as the Benelli M3. Bah! Copied over for 2.5, will also be in the next WIP next weekend. Sorry folks.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

fennesz posted:

And while I'm talking about weapons holy hell does installing CRL9000 fit so well with so many weapons. It even works on the majority of armory weapons as well. If you remain unconvinced, holy poo poo pickup a Brush Gun or This Machine.
How does this work with mods that add new guns like The Armory and Supplementary Uniques? Does it just replace all the sounds or edit the vanilla weapons to use new sounds?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Horns posted:

How does this work with mods that add new guns like The Armory and Supplementary Uniques? Does it just replace all the sounds or edit the vanilla weapons to use new sounds?

TA uses stock sound entries, so anything that replaces stock sounds will replace our weapon sounds too. You could replace all of the weapon sounds with Hello Kitty sound bits and that's what our guns would use :stare:

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

bunky posted:

If you want back a couple pages or so you'd see me getting mad at AWOP. The short list of why it's a terrible mod...

The game goes from extremely hard to extremely easy randomly. Some enemies have overpowered armor that you can barely make a dent into and have 100+ dps guns at level 2 while others have little.

It adds a ridiculous amount of loot to the game.
    The starter kits are cheating.
    The game is huge enough already that it doesn't need extra dungeons.
    The dungeons aren't good and are long and filled with more loot than you can carry.
    A lot of the loot it adds to the game can give me over 10k caps by level 5.
    There's an added merchant that has way to many caps and useful items that is accessible from the start.
    It messes with how sneak works and I swear it made it useless.

Basically the mod destroys the balance of the game in every way and makes it far less enjoyable. If you want more dungeons for whatever reason, get fallout 3 and use RFC.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Omnicarus posted:

The map marker thing literally requires you to just add one static marker(a 20 second task) and name it(a 4 second task) to place them.

AWOP is kind of a poo poo mod imo. Most of it is just bloated, terribly written, and the items are way overpowered. Not to mention that over half of the mod follows a principle of Create Hallway, Add 4-5 pieces of clutter, fill remainder of hallway with as many spawns as possible.

"Hi I"m _________ and..."

-Every AWOP dialogue.

R.I.P. AWOP.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Naky posted:

Actually, I'm not aware of it - which FN guns and how are they not animating? You mentioned the FAMAS though, so I'm curious - you DO have WAR installed right? The Weapons Animation Replacer? It's a required mod install for use with The Armory as certain animations will simply not work at all without it - bullpup animations, full auto pistol animations, vertigrip animations, etc.

Whoops, that's probably the problem. I'll install WAR tomorrow and see if that fixes the animation problems - odds are it will. (I'm running relatively light on mods so far - just picked the game up. PN, TA, ST Traits & Perks)

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Actually my favorite thing about AWOP is that the guy in charge refuses to update it until he hits a designated number of endorsements on the nexus. (iirc the next update will only come after he hits 5000 endorsements. He's currently at a little over 1000.)

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Naky posted:

It's a required mod install for use with The Armory as certain animations will simply not work at all without it - bullpup animations, full auto pistol animations, vertigrip animations, etc.

I was also unaware of this, could we get a blurb about it in the OP in The Armory's description?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there a post anyone can point me at for the recommended mods to install before playing?

(don't give me the 'your first playthrough should be unmodded' poo poo, I can't believe I started playing FO3 without fellout/more where that came from/etc)