Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Smeep posted:

Yeah, what the hell is that? A story about Tweets? It gives literally zero information on why Steve left or where he's going.

It hinted that he may be going to a new station that is getting a format change.

Actually, google pointed me to this article http://www.1019rxp.com/Channels/NewonRXP/Story.aspx?ID=1458040

RXP seems to be a rock/metal station that is switching to an all news format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"Yeah but they see you were arrested for armed robbery and then they catch you on coke..."

".........Yeah that doesn't look great."

Oh Artie.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Listening to a March show from '07, and Howard is railing against lottery tickets and how his father taught him that only losers purchase them.

Then Gary chimes in that DePace is a regular buyer.

This is the chucklefuck who wants to 'educate' everyone about the debt and he pays voluntary taxes.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Doesn't his Dad go to the track every day with his sardine sandwiches? How is that any better than lottery tickets?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just listened to the shows earlier this week myself. When someone has been a part of the show that long and gets no send-off, no on-air "we'll miss you, Stevie," nothing...
Medicated Pete got treated better when he had to go.

But really, during the entire Ronnie bitch-fest about how Leeser disrepects him and the phrase "short-staffed" came up over and over... it skeeves me out how Howard and Robin didn't mention Steve once. Robin was even there on the wrap-up-show. Man, morale over there must be at an all-time-low.

Guess there must be another lawsuit involved if no one's willing to say a peep.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Kelly posted:

Doesn't his Dad go to the track every day with his sardine sandwiches? How is that any better than lottery tickets?

They're both gambling but betting on a horse isn't totally random chance like the lottery. You also have much better odds of winning at least a little something.

Plus going to the track gives Ben something to do. He gets out of the house and actually watches a competition of sorts.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, going to the track is for the entertainment of watching the horses run, and doing mind games with odds on your Racing Form. I don't imagine he does a whole lot of betting with the intention of making money.

The occasional lottery tickets for amusement are one thing, for the weekly buyer who expects to get rich, it's a whole other situation.

I have literally almost as much of a chance to win the lottery by not buying a ticket as someone who buys $100,000 in $1 tickets.

Plus DePace is a shithead so gently caress him anyway.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Bonzo posted:

Langford has mentioned several times that he has no love for Canada. Now that I found out that he's from London, ON it makes sense.

London's a great city.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

haljordan posted:

"Yeah but they see you were arrested for armed robbery and then they catch you on coke..."

".........Yeah that doesn't look great."

Oh Artie.

That whole story is great because it goes into Artie's arrest record. I love that he got arrested because he got into a food fight at a burger king on the Garden State Parkway.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

That whole story is great because it goes into Artie's arrest record. I love that he got arrested because he got into a food fight at a burger king on the Garden State Parkway.

He's so nonchalant about everything its great.

edit: And also about 6 minutes into the bit where you hear Howard go "sonofabitch", and you know he's just in total disbelief about the greatness that is Artie.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 23, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

haljordan posted:

He's so nonchalant about everything its great.

edit: And also about 6 minutes into the bit where you hear Howard go "sonofabitch", and you know he's just in total disbelief about the greatness that is Artie.

whoa, whoa where is this bit? Anyone got a youtube link?

YES!! VVV

thanks!

chiz fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 23, 2011

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

chiz posted:

whoa, whoa where is this bit? Anyone got a youtube link?

http://scriptcover.com/artie-flood.zip

Its in that pack; look for the one titled "Artie's Arrest Record."

edit: Or go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkhobB3x2u0

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 23, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I was just thinking about (beatin' off to, that's right!) KC, and an interview that Howard did with him after he left the show and KC mentioned he had a drug problem but didn't say what.

I think he denied that it was opiates, but I'm not sure so I was thinking either alcohol or benzos. Did that ever come out?

Artie laughed about how they were waiting to do an intervention for him but had to wait for him to get out of the gym first.

anyone?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Well remember how KC's post-show business venture was taking apart computers and putting them back together to make them faster? Some chick he was living with said that he also tried it with toasters.

Sounds like a meth addict to me.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Evil Agita posted:

Well remember how KC's post-show business venture was taking apart computers and putting them back together to make them faster? Some chick he was living with said that he also tried it with toasters.

Sounds like a meth addict to me.

Jesus as I was reading your post I thought meth and then got to where you said it. It kind of makes sense. Him working out a lot, having a ripped physique, etc. Hmm.

I bet 'roids too.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He is bi-polar.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
and I'm club loving footed ya asswipe

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Let he who hasn't wanted to murder people that they love so bad things can't happen to them cast the first stone.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Let he who hasn't wanted to murder people that they love so bad things can't happen to them cast the first stone.

what the hell are you talking about

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

chiz posted:

It's what KC said about his mother. If she were dead she wouldn't have to suffer through bad stuff in her life anymore.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

He kept a Bible in a pool of blood because of some Slayer lyrics.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

chiz posted:

Find the KC megapack if it's still out there, it's outstanding.

What was the story he wrote in elementary school about Kyle, KC, and Armstrong? That was some disturbing poo poo too.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
At comic con, I went to an adult swim party at some bar and aside from seeing a poo poo ton of Adult Swim actors, John Hein was there hanging out. I talked to him for a bit, he is a very nice and friendly guy, firm handshake, seemed totally into the conversation, happy to see a fan and talk to me a bit about my site and internet stuff and was just really nice. I took a picture with him too.

He said Geek Time was doing some panels and stuff, but I didn't get to check them out.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 25, 2011

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Did you stand next to him for the picture or was he way off in the background?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

sedative posted:

Did you stand next to him for the picture or was he way off in the background?

He was looking at my tits the whole time.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

What was the story he wrote in elementary school about Kyle, KC, and Armstrong? That was some disturbing poo poo too.

"so I got my fishing pole and put a monkey with mustard on and dropped it in the water"

This and the cutting up the Indian line are the reason I forgive KC for doing nothing but plugging Johnny Fratto bullshit for the last 8 years.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSjFyhkvYZ4

God almighty I miss Billy West.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Did Howard talk about Langford at all today?

CrazyAss13
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Dude

Millstone posted:

Did Howard talk about Langford at all today?

No. This show marks 4 live shows that have aired so far with no mention of the Steve Langford departure.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Was there any mention of Penny Crone leaving back when she got canned?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

CrazyAss13 posted:

No. This show marks 4 live shows that have aired so far with no mention of the Steve Langford departure.

I really don't see him saying a word. Knowing Howard, he believes he's responsible for making Langford a household name and is pissed that he now works somewhere else.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Was there any mention of Penny Crone leaving back when she got canned?

Yes, it was brief, but not much of a secret. Wasn't just Penny, there was another guy who did the early rundown on the show instead of Lisa G. He was a terrible fit for the show, though.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yes, it was brief, but not much of a secret. Wasn't just Penny, there was another guy who did the early rundown on the show instead of Lisa G. He was a terrible fit for the show, though.

George Flowers. He actually hated the show and was doing it for the paycheck. He and Penny Crone were released due to budget concerns.

Actually now that I think about it, Howard may not be talking about Steve because his new job isn't official yet.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Bonzo posted:

George Flowers. He actually hated the show and was doing it for the paycheck. He and Penny Crone were released due to budget concerns.

Actually now that I think about it, Howard may not be talking about Steve because his new job isn't official yet.

Yeah but the word is out. It's no secret anymore that he left.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Penny Crone's gross stories about blowing old cops were way more entertaining than anything Lisa G has done in the last six years. They should have fired Lisa back in 2006.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Former Human posted:

Penny Crone's gross stories about blowing old cops were way more entertaining than anything Lisa G has done in the last six years. They should have fired Lisa back in 2006.

COOKIE PARTIES!

gently caress you

kidding

Master Kush
Aug 8, 2007

Hey does anyone know when part 2 of the Artie interview comes out? I thought it was today but I may have been mistaken.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Master Kush posted:

Hey does anyone know when part 2 of the Artie interview comes out? I thought it was today but I may have been mistaken.

I've been checking for it all day myself. According to his twitter part 2 should have been uploaded last night.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
"Hey Joe (cough cough).... I woke up feeling terrible, I think I (cough cough) caught something, I'm going to the doctor (cough hack) in a little bit. Sorry man. I'll definitely be in tomorrow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Robin was a pretty big oval office to that couple today.