Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

Ha, yeah, I've only been doing it since 3... and my idiocy shows, as now it's crashing whenver I launch it. I have the 2.0 esm, 2.1 esm, the honest hearts vanilla patch, and the cabinet ESP checked in that order. As far as I know they shouldn't be making GBS threads themselves... what'd I gently caress up this time?

Having two .esms active for the same mod would probably do it. Also if you have anything loaded before FalloutNV.esm you can't play(FOMM literally does this on my version even after Auto Sort)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Hey Naky, those "AAS Compatibility" options that show up when installing the Armory refer to the Alternate Armor System, right? Also, any estimation of when the next release will be?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brace posted:

Having two .esms active for the same mod would probably do it. Also if you have anything loaded before FalloutNV.esm you can't play(FOMM literally does this on my version even after Auto Sort)

Wouldn't one .esm just override the other one? Plus the mod should only reference the most recent one anyway, so one of them is just kind of wasting memory but otherwise shouldn't affect the game at all (except for any stuff in the base FalloutNV.esm that it overrides).

-Common causes of crashing at startup: loading something before FalloutNV.esm, as Brace mentioned.
-Missing a master for something. You can see what masters a mod requires by reading their description in FOMM - if one of them requires something you don't have, it will always crash.
-Improper load order. Most of the time, load order doesn't crash your game, just messes up the mod behaviour. If, however, you have an .esm that relies on another .esm as a master, you have to make sure the master is loaded first. This also goes for .esps that rely on other .esps (this isn't very common among well-made mods, but it's still possible, so make sure to check).

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 27, 2011

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Brace posted:

Yeah, I made sure they were after FalloutNV.esm, and it still crashes if I only have 1 of them checked.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Most likely a missing master I'd say, look around for anything that requires something that you don't have enabled or have.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Brace posted:

Most likely a missing master I'd say, look around for anything that requires something that you don't have enabled or have.

Couldn't find anything, but I'll check again.

Load order:

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm
[ ] The.Armory.esm
[X] The.Armory.v2.1.esm
[X] Moddable Unique Weps.esm
[ ] SCAV.esm
[X] Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
[ ] CompanionInfAmmo.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] Military Explansion Program.esm
[X] Military NV Backpacks.esm
[ ] CINEMATECH.esm
[ ] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
[X] Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
[X] FewPosesMore NVedition.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
[ ] Feng Shui NV.esp
[ ] Feng Shui - Keymap Template.esp
[X] WARZONES - BonnieSprings Fix.esp
[ ] ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] headgearfix.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] MusicRecovery.esp
[X] NV Companion Outfits Playable.esp
[X] Boba Fett Armor.esp
[X] Blck_Fx NV-- Add Casque M1.esp
[X] NCR Ranger Helmet Neck Cover.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor.esp
[X] CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
[X] Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
[X] AMRZoom.esp
[X] JM1Garand4Loot.esp
[X] Vault_34_better_reactor.esp
[X] ERCA.esp
[X] I Put a Spell on You - Temporary Fix.esp
[X] W40KLasers.esp
[X] ERCA NCRSH.esp
[X] zmod_rep_items_armor_HeiGuiFixedArmor.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[ ] TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
[X] w44Satchels.esp
[X] 4570_for_sale.esp
[X] gunrunner sells 4570.esp
[X] imperial guard.esp
[ ] CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
[ ] CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
[X] RobCo Reflectron.esp
[X] Ryl_VeronicaTweaks.esp
[X] m1d.esp
[X] LFox Invisible Armored Vests.esp
[X] QS_Blackwolf_NV_Backpackmod.esp
[X] MedGrass.esp
[X] The Black Armor.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
[X] w44Satchels - Full.esp
[X] AEVegas.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs PopUp.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs WMX.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs WMX PopUp.esp
[X] CompanionDisguises.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs DLC.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs DLC PopUp.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs WMX DLC.esp
[ ] Mail Order Catalogs WMX DLC PopUp.esp
[X] AutoRifleNewSounds.esp
[X] ThisMachineGarandSounds.esp
[X] Leather Trench Coat NV v1.0.esp
[X] CasualFollowers.esp
[X] epock.esp
[X] Military NV Backpacks - Vendor Script Replenish.esp
[X] PerkEveryLevel.esp
[X] UrgeWasterScarf.esp
[X] 1stReconArmor_Med.esp
[ ] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes DLC01.esp
[ ] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes DLC02.esp
[ ] Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes DLC03.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Rambo.Pack.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Mysterious.Stranger.Pack.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Terminator.Pack.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Crysis.Pack.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Ninja.Pack.esp
[ ] AAS_DeadMoney.esp
[ ] AAS_HonestHearts.esp
[ ] AAS_PNxE.esp
[X] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Realism.esp
[X] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
[ ] alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Realism.Setting.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Realism.WPTweak.esp
[ ] The.Armory.CaliberX.esp
[ ] The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
[X] The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
Only started crashing after I installed The Armory. Weird.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What's the WPPatch?

also I'm planning on a legion playthrough, is there any way to not have (basically) every companion hate my guts and leave me if I'm legion?

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Use Raul or Lily, they don't give a gently caress. Other than that you're stuck (protip, legion are cosplaying assholes with a sperging psuedointellectual douche at the helm, don't play allied with them)

Also, I tried disabling the WPPatch, and it didn't make a difference. Beyond that, I'm not sure what it does, the readme doesn't say so.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Try reinstalling the armory with the .fomod version and see if that sorts poo poo out.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Brace posted:

Try reinstalling the armory with the .fomod version and see if that sorts poo poo out.

Right, I'll give that a shot.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

It seems weird that the HH weapon mods are a couple hundred caps, compared to over a thousand for most of the other weapon mods. For consistency I think I'll go and make all mods cheaper to match the HH prices :v:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
You should generally be using FOMOD installs for everything because it's much easier to activate/deactivate and sort out.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Brace posted:

You should generally be using FOMOD installs for everything because it's much easier to activate/deactivate and sort out.

Yeah. You can even have FOMM create a FOMOD from a .zip or .rar file if it has the right folder structure (most mods do). I use the package manager to install pretty much every mod.

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent
This was asked a few pages ago and was either ignored or I was blind and missed the reply. Do the guns from The Armory work with the cowboy and grunt perks?

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I tried installing it as a FOMOD, but doing so is making FOMM lock up. :argh: It doesn't crash, it just... sits there. I can't alt tab to it, I have to minimize everything else, and clicking on it does nothing.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I tried installing it as a FOMOD, but doing so is making FOMM lock up. :argh: It doesn't crash, it just... sits there. I can't alt tab to it, I have to minimize everything else, and clicking on it does nothing.

Yeah, its working. It doesn't have a progress bar for instillation and for something like the Armory it just takes a while.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Arrath posted:

Yeah, its working. It doesn't have a progress bar for instillation and for something like the Armory it just takes a while.

Okay. I'll leave it for 15 minutes and see if it's finished by then.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Just so that no one thinks I'm entirely full of poo poo and also to give a little preview, here is the armory of my new hideout. This shot is taken from a the extreme southwest corner wall so in this shot you see over 50% of the space in the whole hideout. It will extremely compact and the storyline I've planned so far will give it an interesting style hopefully.

Almost all of the really tedious stuff is done with, weapon placement, ammo shelves, the goddamn weapon wall hooks, etc. I've got a few more ammo shelves to stock up and script and after that far more fun stuff like writing up the backstory, adding actual lighting, and adding clutter. I've got to move to a new apartment in two days but I am hoping to have it released and completely functional in a week or week a half max.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Aha, it did work! The only issue I'm having now is that the magazine of the bren gun appears to be missing a texture, otherwise it's working like a charm.

E: Omnicarus, that looks jawesome.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That looks really good from a design standpoint. It really serves to drive home how godawfully low res the default textures in New Vegas are though.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Imo it really compliments the team that did the lighting in New Vegas. The textures themselves are low res but most of the time the lighting in close quarters is done very well and you don't notice it so much. Pretty much every area of the game when fully lighted looks like poo poo even though some areas look remarkably well done in game. The vault hotel on the strip and the jungle vault are especially good examples of this.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, I don't think it was the art team's fault, more just working around RAM limitations on the consoles.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Omnicarus, that looks pretty great. I like that you're keeping it kinda dingy and compact, never really cared for how pristine and labyrinthine some of the bigger house mods are.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

So, I was trying out that Willow mod I posted earlier. My review:

CONS:
1. Can't switch out her ridiculous Bratz doll costume for any armour so far (tried with Metal Armour, Reinforced Leather, Leather).

Being able to change her armor is based on companion quest advancement, not getting something better to give her.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Riolith posted:

This was asked a few pages ago and was either ignored or I was blind and missed the reply. Do the guns from The Armory work with the cowboy and grunt perks?

I believe Naky said that the next release will provide support for those perks.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Looking good, Omni. Is the mod just for OWB, though? I thought you mentioned something about that earlier?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

SmokinDan posted:

Looking good, Omni. Is the mod just for OWB, though? I thought you mentioned something about that earlier?

I'm going to release supplementary packs that add stuff from each respective DLC. The one for OWB will add a two way teleporter once you finish OWB that will let you go in between the two at will. On the same note the weird empty spaces on the weapon walls and in the ammo shelves are spaces that will get filled up by DLC weapons or .45 Auto ammunition once I make the additional packs for DLCs.

Edit: The old world flag actually covers the door that will eventually be an elevator to take you to Naky's Armory, but that is way off I need to get the core hideout and DLC stuff supported first.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jul 27, 2011

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Well, I guess Underwater Home is a bust. The auto-sorting lost my Q-35 Matter Modulator get lost in the ether and I had to revert to an earlier save. I tried installing the Beta files for it, but those change the layout and functionality of the place for the worse (why did the Snowglobe display disappear? What the heck) and they don't even fix the problem. I'm too nervous to stash my stuff there. Also, the author has made it pretty clear that he won't be working on updating it anymore, so it has some basic support for Dead Money and that's all. It's a real shame because it's one of the coolest ideas for a player home that I've seen, and it was executed pretty well outside of this bug :(

At least I have Omnicarus' place to look forward to, but where is a good looking place to keep my stuff without it vanishing into the ether for the time being? I can go back to Underground Hideout or something if nobody has any better suggestions for a player home.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I believe Naky said that the next release will provide support for those perks.

Cowboy's been supported since 1.0, Grunt will be supported in 2.5. Also NP, your original issue was that you were loading the 2.1 armory esm... that's a WIP esm for Anime Schoolgirl only. The proper esm is always and will always be named The.Armory.esm regardless of build version.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Omnicarus, that looks awesome. Very batcave-esque.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that prefers houses that have a room with a table, a trunk and a bed to any of this uber-Vault ridiculousness. I mean do you really need boxes for each individual ammunition sub-type?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The Goodsprings Home might be what you want. The uber-vault section is through a trapdoor. The main house looks just like the other houses in Goodsprings; bed, couch, table with chairs, oven, and a wardrobe.

The screenshots on the page are outdated, though.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

fennesz posted:

I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that prefers houses that have a room with a table, a trunk and a bed to any of this uber-Vault ridiculousness. I mean do you really need boxes for each individual ammunition sub-type?

Nah I prefer that too.

Although I do like weapons walls in theory most of them end up looking really bland and not really presenting the weapons in a way that's at all special or aesthetically pleasing, they're all just hung up there like tools in a garage. I feel like if someone developed a mod with a weapon wall that only mounts uniques and gave plaques to each weapon and maybe some kind of fancy display it would be a huge improvement on the formula, bland weapon rooms seem to be a feature of every housing mod and it's time someone took it to the next level.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 27, 2011

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

fennesz posted:

Same. But I haven't seen anything that I like better than the Lucky 38, plus I like to fill up the bathtub with pencils or pool balls or whatever.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Does EVE do anything about goo/ash piles never going away, or should I install Ephemeral Ash and Goo Piles ( http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37573 ) to go with it?

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

potaties posted:

Well, I guess Underwater Home is a bust. The auto-sorting lost my Q-35 Matter Modulator get lost in the ether and I had to revert to an earlier save.

Are you using Project Nevada? There's an issue with the q-35 at the moment: http://code.google.com/p/project-nevada/issues/detail?id=57#c0

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

OneTrueBru posted:

Are you using Project Nevada? There's an issue with the q-35 at the moment: http://code.google.com/p/project-nevada/issues/detail?id=57#c0

Oh poo poo, I am. If it's PN causing the issue, then maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty. How exactly does this fix work? Turning off Weapon Charging in the PN settings menu, grabbing it back out of the container, and then turning it back on?

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

potaties posted:

Oh poo poo, I am. If it's PN causing the issue, then maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty. How exactly does this fix work? Turning off Weapon Charging in the PN settings menu, grabbing it back out of the container, and then turning it back on?

I actually tried to test this for you, but I can't even put the drat thing in a container without the game crashing. Guess you may as well give the toggling fix a shot, see if it works.

E: Whee, it didn't crash. I can report that switching off the chargeable weapons option does indeed return the standard q-35 to your inventory.

Squiggly Beast fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 27, 2011

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Much obliged! Guess my character isn't homeless after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

For some reason with the armory mod almost all the revolvers have the cylinder in first person view appearing way way lower than they should be sitting.