Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

They're finally talking about Steve leaving right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

heavy liquid posted:

They're finally talking about Steve leaving right now...

What'r they saying?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

What'r they saying?

Basically, Steve went to an all-news FM station. He gave notice during vacation, but had already signed a contract with the new place before telling Tim et al. which everyone thought was weird.

At the very end, Howard complained that he was "friends" with the people who hired Steve away and that he was mad at them for taking his talent.

Did the Playgirl interview get any better? I made it through about 10 minutes, it was terrible.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've never been able to find the proper words to explain why I don't like Ronnie, but thanks to King yesterday, I now know.

Ronnie is the type of guy who buys his suits offa rack!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I don't see why they all thought it was weird that Steve signed a new contract before putting in his two weeks. He obviously wanted out.

Also, they mentioned Steve was peeved at being reigned in and not able to pursue a couple stories he wanted to(I would LOVE to know what those were!). He also may or may not have been peeved at being preempted after waiting in the hall to come on the show. Howard said he didn't think he was, but someone else said otherwise.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You always sign the contract before putting in your resignation. Why would you resign before you know you have a new job to go to? What if the new position falls through at the last minute, but too late you quit your other job.

Its almost insulting if your current employer tries to offer you more money to stay. Why weren't you worth that much yesterday? How are they going to treat you in the future? Maybe they're just offering you that cash to buy themselves some more time to find a cheaper replacement.

Langford did the right thing. The Stern show isn't what it was 5 years ago, and isn't going to be again. Howard doesn't put any effort in anymore, and the rest of the crew is cruising on what they built in the past. Langford had a new opportunity and took it. No shame there.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Its almost insulting if your current employer tries to offer you more money to stay. Why weren't you worth that much yesterday? How are they going to treat you in the future? Maybe they're just offering you that cash to buy themselves some more time to find a cheaper replacement.

I'm going through that poo poo right now at my current job. They realize that once I'm gone that they'll be put in a bind and now they're scrambling to try to keep me. Too little, too late.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

heavy liquid posted:

I don't see why they all thought it was weird that Steve signed a new contract before putting in his two weeks. He obviously wanted out.

Also, they mentioned Steve was peeved at being reigned in and not able to pursue a couple stories he wanted to(I would LOVE to know what those were!). He also may or may not have been peeved at being preempted after waiting in the hall to come on the show. Howard said he didn't think he was, but someone else said otherwise.

I would never, ever give notice at my job without a contract or offer letter for a new job. That is the first thing you learn when you hit the working world. Would Howard have left K-Rock without something from Sirius already guaranteed?

I am also dying to know what the stories that got killed consisted of! Howard made some comment about how these stories were "life-ruiners." Yikes!

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
No mention of the return of EtM?!

"Don't count...your chickens...too quickly..."

Wish they had stayed on the phone with him rather than going to the Dice interview.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

"Don't count...your chickens...too quickly..."

Wish they had stayed on the phone with him rather than going to the Dice interview.

I missed it! drat. :(

What was he calling about?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Kelly posted:

I missed it! drat. :(

What was he calling about?

He called in with Fratto to "negotiate his return to the show".

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

You always sign the contract before putting in your resignation. Why would you resign before you know you have a new job to go to? What if the new position falls through at the last minute, but too late you quit your other job.

Langford did the right thing. The Stern show isn't what it was 5 years ago, and isn't going to be again. Howard doesn't put any effort in anymore, and the rest of the crew is cruising on what they built in the past. Langford had a new opportunity and took it. No shame there.

You know, I wish Langford the best. He's an rear end, but he deserved a lot more than the Stern show would ever give him. And honestly, it always seemed like a waypoint for him to get back to doing something worthwhile instead of being a money sink for keeping track of rogue wack packers and the like. I'm glad he got in at a news station.

And if Howard is bitter...well, gently caress it. A job is a job, and at least Langford won't be wasted.

And ETM is back? I doubt it, but unless he does something good, it'll be short-lived.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You know, I wish Langford the best. He's an rear end, but he deserved a lot more than the Stern show would ever give him. And honestly, it always seemed like a waypoint for him to get back to doing something worthwhile instead of being a money sink for keeping track of rogue wack packers and the like. I'm glad he got in at a news station.

And if Howard is bitter...well, gently caress it. A job is a job, and at least Langford won't be wasted.

And ETM is back? I doubt it, but unless he does something good, it'll be short-lived.

I didn't get the feeling that Howard sounded bitter at all. Other than signing a new contract before putting in his two weeks, Howard didn't have anything other than positive things to say about him, and it actually sounded genuine. Seems like typical Howard not being able to control everything or not knowing how the real world works. Or both.

You're absolutely right: Good for Steve on being able to get the gently caress out while he could.

I thought it was interesting how when they first mentioned Steve had left, Robin was acting like this was all news to her. "I was wondering why I haven't seen him in the halls!" Really?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

heavy liquid posted:

I thought it was interesting how when they first mentioned Steve had left, Robin was acting like this was all news to her. "I was wondering why I haven't seen him in the halls!" Really?

"Robin, what's your assistant's name?"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shes Not Impressed posted:

"Robin, what's your assistant's name?"

This pretty much says it all.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Great, so I'm lying on the couch last night, minding my own business, and my fiancee comes out of our bedroom and says, "Babe, you've got to watch this documentary I'm watching [turns out it was this one]. It's awesome. Guess what...we're going on a juice fast!"

This house has jumped the shark, folks. See ya on the other side.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Skitz posted:

Great, so I'm lying on the couch last night, minding my own business, and my fiancee comes out of our bedroom and says, "Babe, you've got to watch this documentary I'm watching [turns out it was this one]. It's awesome. Guess what...we're going on a juice fast!"

Anything else Robin?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Skitz posted:

No no no. It's not juice. It's called a Berry Drink.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Can I taste yo juice?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well, at least you know what to get her for valentine's this year.

Beads, for behind her ears.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Wait until the vacation months wind down to book your flight to Peru, or you'll pay out the rear end instead of having more money to shoot coffee up the rear end.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Well, at least you know what to get her for valentine's this year.

Beads, for behind her ears.

And also some Good N Plenties and cookies to rub on her.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Skitz posted:

Should be an easy diet to follow. Just eat french fries since those count as vegetables.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
Just in case no one has noticed, the second part of the Artie interview is on Itunes now. For some reason though, it's not on the main Joe Matarese page, you have to click "see all" to get to it, bottom of the list.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Vakal posted:

Should be an easy diet to follow. Just eat french fries since those count as vegetables.

Good point. Hey, as long as I can still eat French fries and I don't have to drive out to LA every weekend to get my blood cleaned, I'm good.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Skitz posted:

Good point. Hey, as long as I can still eat French fries and I don't have to drive out to LA every weekend to get my blood cleaned, I'm good.

Just stay away from Paris. I hear they don't have vegetables there.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Vakal posted:

Just stay away from Paris. I hear they don't have vegetables there.

there are ways to be defensive and deflect and then there are ways to make you look like a complete loving retard.

Robin accomplishes this weekly.

Btw, the king and his cousin were great yesterday, I love the King (Larry)

"he eat dem yellow watermellon" haha definitely my favorite black person of all time.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Brocktoon posted:

"Don't count...you--

Bye, shithead!

As immersed as I've been in the Eric the Midget packs over the last several weeks, without Artie and Langford there I'm not sure I even want to listen to his appearance today.

You know, I'd always hoped Howard 100 News would be something more like Hustler, where they actually worked on real news stories and digging up dirt on people, instead of, you know, which litter box High-Pitch Eric is making GBS threads this week. Imagine if Langford had been truly unleashed.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

chiz posted:

there are ways to be defensive and deflect and then there are ways to make you look like a complete loving retard.

Robin accomplishes this weekly.

Oh, here we go!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ChaosMonkey posted:

Bye, shithead!

As immersed as I've been in the Eric the Midget packs over the last several weeks, without Artie and Langford there I'm not sure I even want to listen to his appearance today.

It's just a hidden commercial for the new Smurf movie. It doesn't even follow the continuity of the show. Howard is asking for an apology for something that didn't happen (The Midget's last appearance in December basically had him wanting to be off the show forever) while mentioning the Smurfs at random intervals. It's the Stern version of Montel Williams hocking poo poo via infomercial.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Oh good, Denise Richards in today.

Hopefully next week Jillian Barberie comes in so we can hear how Howard "shoulda banged her" when he was single, and how hard he would've given it to her.

I have to agree with Denise though, Beth will be pregnant within a year if she and Howard "talked" about it last night.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Why would anyone want a child to have a 60 year old father? It just seems cruel.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Why would anyone want a child to have a 60 year old father? It just seems cruel.

Financial Security for the mother?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

I guess a woman half his age who fills her life with cats wishing they would be children.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Denise Richards and Tila Tedouchebag

A little woozy here, I think I bumped my head getting out of my DeLorean.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

chiz posted:

Don't forget that Roseanne Barr was also on today, completing the B-List Has-Been Trilogy.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

ChaosMonkey posted:

Bye, shithead!

Oh shut up, fat boy.

"Yeah well, we're gonna gently caress you, uh, as a doll..."

PS. I distinctly caught Robin saying "I don't know what a hot dog is" today

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

chiz posted:

I sold my 09 Escape and bought an 89 CRX so the Stern show sounds "new" and "hip" again. Tuning in tomorrow to hear more stories about how he almost banged Pam Anderson and Rebecca Romijn.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

Millstone posted:

Tuning in tomorrow to hear more stories about how he almost banged Pam Anderson.
You know what happened last time he told such a story? 9/11. You want that again? Terrorist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm relatively new to twitter (I signed up when Howard made his account) and only follow like 70 people, but today on its side bar for its recommendations of who I should follow was @Oprah. Why?

Followed by @RealGilbert.

:lol:

It's like I'm in on a secret that Twitter isn't :kiddo: