Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Roobanguy posted:

Greeted to a picture of a vagina. Thanks Nexus!

Yes, it's because he noticed that the pussy and anus were like 6 inches away from each other so he had to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

SmokinDan posted:

Type3 :nws: stuff

:stare: Good lord. That person spent way too much time modeling that. It...

Christ, I know it gets regularly asked, but what is wrong with Gamebryo modders?

Edit: Wrong smiley thing.

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 29, 2011

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hm, I haven't looked under the hood but I think there's a difference because when you've chambered buckshot, the DMG is calculated by a number like 4 x 12. When you chamber slugs, the DMG is presented as a single number. I just assumed this meant there weren't multiple projectiles being fired for the latter.

Heh, and here I thought what I did because I'm quite sure the damage was still shown as 7.8x12. I'm probably mistaken but the only time I remember it being calculated differently was for the AG Supplementary Uniques weapon - Gecko Blaster.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

SmokinDan posted:

I know I shouldn't be surprised by adult mods on Nexus but the description on this one kills me.

:nws:http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42977:nws:

And the images...

sick gently caress posted:

Ghost In The Shell - oily: This adds a texture and normal map with the waxed oily texture featuring "ports" on the back of the neck, as seen in the anime Ghost In The Shell.

:byodood:

What is this I don't understand why would anyone want this aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

What is with Bethesda games that attract these sorts of people?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
It's because the engine is as flawed as they are as people. :v:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not making that up, I swear.

A surprising number of people use the Shojo mod. Same with its precursors in Oblivion.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Schubalts posted:

A surprising number of people use the Shojo mod. Same with its precursors in Oblivion.

I'm afraid to ask but, what is it? I'm assuming it's some insane anime poo poo, but those folks never fail to scare the gently caress out of me in new and ridiculous ways.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

fennesz posted:

I'm afraid to ask but, what is it? I'm assuming it's some insane anime poo poo, but those folks never fail to scare the gently caress out of me in new and ridiculous ways.

Pedo anime child nude body. Reaaaally creepy.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I finished an Energy Weapons playthrough yesterday using AG Supplementary 2.5, which contained just a few uniques that weren't Guns, and now I see that it was updated to 2.6 which added a bunch of Energy Weapons :negative:

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Should this be bannable, it really should be considering the context.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

fennesz posted:

I haven't seen the mod, but Shojo is Japanese for "young girl", so I don't WANT to see it.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cubemario posted:

Should this be bannable, it really should be considering the context.

Well bring it up and you'll probably be banned sooo

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jesus Christ. What the hell is wrong with people? :suicide:

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

I'm pretty sure one of the admins on The Vault (and maybe NMA? Not 100% sure) is either a contributor to Shojo Mod or to another mod that uses it. Which only makes the outrage over childkilling not being in the games even more :stare:

I want to say it's DeadlyKris, but I'm not 100% sure and can't be bothered to check.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Nono no, you haven't seen that mod. That mod is an Oblivion mod. With actual child bodies. Shojo just makes characters short with bigger anime heads.

I found it funny that the Oblivion modder kept telling people to stop bring up pedos in his clothes threads.

e: I know far too much about Oblivion modders

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

fennesz posted:

Heh, and here I thought what I did because I'm quite sure the damage was still shown as 7.8x12. I'm probably mistaken but the only time I remember it being calculated differently was for the AG Supplementary Uniques weapon - Gecko Blaster.

For what it's worth, if you open up either of the shotgun slugs in the GECK, it'll show that they're only supposed to fire 1 projectile. Other ammos have 0 projectiles, which defaults to the gun's projectile behavior. Amusingly, this means that double-barreled shotguns only fire one slug.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Male Man posted:

For what it's worth, if you open up either of the shotgun slugs in the GECK, it'll show that they're only supposed to fire 1 projectile. Other ammos have 0 projectiles, which defaults to the gun's projectile behavior. Amusingly, this means that double-barreled shotguns only fire one slug.

That's strange. There's a unique Caravan Shotgun in AG Supplementary Uniques (I believe it's the Holdout Shotgun) that fires both barrels simultaneously. The thing is, if you throw slugs in it, it goes from the buckshot's 1.7 x 24 DMG to 14 x 2 DMG. Wonder what's going on there...

Probably that
VVVVV

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 29, 2011

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's strange. There's a unique Caravan Shotgun in AG Supplementary Uniques (I believe it's the Holdout Shotgun) that fires both barrels simultaneously. The thing is, if you throw slugs in it, it goes from the buckshot's 1.7 x 24 DMG to 14 x 2 DMG. Wonder what's going on there...

The attack being set to a burst of 2 or something?

E: Looks to be the "Ammo Use" field.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 29, 2011

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In retrospect, I'm probably wrong. In all likelihood, the game's set up to multiply the projectiles by the ammo use if the ammo has a non-default projectile count. It wouldn't be that hard to test by cooking up a special variant of, say, EC packs with # projectiles set to 1 instead of 0 and then seeing how many shots a Tesla cannon fires.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm thinking it may be a special property of Slugs.

The Holdout shotgun (fires 2 20 gauge shells at once) has 24 projectiles, and ammo use of 2.

The Snake gun (single shot 20 gauge) has 12 projectiles and ammo use of 1.

Weapons with 1 projectile and multiple ammo use (Plasma Rifle, etc) don't get their damage or projectiles multiplied by the ammo used.

Looks like it'd be easy to test though.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 29, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think the creepy stuff just gravitates towards Bethesda games is mostly the Nexus' fault. They don't ban it, so it all kind of winds up there.

If mod sites for other games were equally lax in their content regulation, I wouldn't be surprised if they ALL had stuff like that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
How useful is this?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38326

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

flatluigi posted:

How useful is this?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38326

Not at all useful.

(It was last updated in April, it probably does changes that conflict with patches)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm trying to install the Honest Hearts fix that comes with AG Supplementary Uniques 2.6, but FOMM says that the mod requires a script to install and it doesn't include one, is that normal?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 29, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone made a mod that does a "Radio New Vegas Extended" for the "Mysterious Broadcast" blues station from Old World Blue. I really like the channel and glad it remains after the DLC is over, but wish it had more then five songs. That and probably wished it's name changed after the DLC was over to something more fitting, like "Old World Blues".

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

VisAbsoluta posted:

I'm trying to install the Honest Hearts fix that comes with AG Supplementary Uniques 2.6, but FOMM says that the mod requires a script to install and it doesn't include one, is that normal?

That means the archive isn't properly formatted to be used as a FOMOD. Open it up and either manually install or arrange the files you want in a directory and tell FOMM to make a FOMOD out of the directory.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

VisAbsoluta posted:

It's because the archive has the 'OPTIONAL' folder with the 'Millenia Texture Meshes', 'Honest Hearts Delta Comp Meshes', 'Survivalist Rifle Proper Ironsights', etc. stuff. Extract the whole archive somewhere and then move the 'OPTIONAL' folder out. That should leave you with a 'AG_Supplementary_Uniques_v2-6-40000-2-6' folder (or whatever you named it) with just the 'Data' folder inside of it. Install that through FOMM with the package manager. Then, if you're using any of the fixes in the 'OPTIONAL' folder, select each folder and install them individually, overwriting when it asks you to.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Hey Naky...
I just tried out the latest build of the Armory, it's fantastic. No bugs other than some weird animations, probably because of a botched install of WAR. I'm glad you fulfilled my request of adding some Galils, the Schmidt-Rubin rifle and the Israeli variant of the FN FAL- the models and textures used look great. My only problem is that a few of the guns added seem to be sort of large- the Beretta Px5 I think is a good example of this- and a couple have some bad models or textures. The Stechkin and Winchester 1894 come to mind as guns that could use some tweaking in those departments.
Other than that, it's a great build and complete with the added modkits it adds so much to the game. I'll be anticipating the next release.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I've read the OP and the last dozen or so pages of this thread. Everyone seems to hate the gently caress out of AWOP and More Monsters (or at least just AWOP). I've seen at least one acronym reference to a better alternative, but I can't tell what it is. Does anyone have any good suggestions for alternative to these two mods?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

counterfeitsaint posted:

I've read the OP and the last dozen or so pages of this thread. Everyone seems to hate the gently caress out of AWOP and More Monsters (or at least just AWOP). I've seen at least one acronym reference to a better alternative, but I can't tell what it is. Does anyone have any good suggestions for alternative to these two mods?

If you find a good alternative to More Monsters, let me know. I don't know of any with the scope of that mod, though. AWOP on the other hand...you might have read Warzones and Increased Wasteland Spawns (IWS) mentioned in the same conversation. Both of those mods have their flaws and they aren't really substitutes for AWOP, per se. Or was it DFB Random Encounters?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

MadPierrot posted:

Hey Naky...
I just tried out the latest build of the Armory, it's fantastic. No bugs other than some weird animations, probably because of a botched install of WAR. I'm glad you fulfilled my request of adding some Galils, the Schmidt-Rubin rifle and the Israeli variant of the FN FAL- the models and textures used look great. My only problem is that a few of the guns added seem to be sort of large- the Beretta Px5 I think is a good example of this- and a couple have some bad models or textures. The Stechkin and Winchester 1894 come to mind as guns that could use some tweaking in those departments.
Other than that, it's a great build and complete with the added modkits it adds so much to the game. I'll be anticipating the next release.

Thanks, there's more Galils coming too so you should have more variety there. The Px4 seems to be the right size though, it's just a really bulky looking gun. The Stechkin was UV mapped and re-skinned by safety hammer since it didn't have a texture when we found it. The mesh is fine and I'd argue that the texture is too, though yes safety isn't Arenovalis...

But you're right about the 1894. Perhaps it shall get added to the growing list of guns we will be deactivating for quality.

Oh, and my current bug list is frigging massive so while I'm glad you haven't run into any bugs there are actually more than I know what to do with at the moment :stare: I shouldn't complain though, I finally have two good testers on board and could always use more!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Armory question: Does it go well with PN rebalance? I'm assuming there's probably some redundancy with PN equipment and Armory, but it's easy enough to just disable/mod PN equipment. With the rebalance mod though, I'm not sure if it's just an overall thing of if they've individually modified stats on the guns like they did in FWE.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If you find a good alternative to More Monsters, let me know. I don't know of any with the scope of that mod, though. AWOP on the other hand...you might have read Warzones and Increased Wasteland Spawns (IWS) mentioned in the same conversation. Both of those mods have their flaws and they aren't really substitutes for AWOP, per se. Or was it DFB Random Encounters?

Which one's the best of all the monster adders (DFB, More, IWS)?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Thanks for the answers, guys! Just started a new playthrough, this time installing lots of mods, hopefully I didn't gently caress something up :ohdear:

Load order:

quote:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] IWS-Core.esm
[X] Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
[X] The.Armory.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] FactionIDCards.esp
[X] The New Bison Steve Hotel.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] Kobu's Free Wild Wasteland Trait.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Sunglasses Shipment.esp
[X] Tailor Maid - NV.esp
[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
[X] TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
[X] Desert_Scorpion.esp
[X] UrgeWasterScarf.esp
[X] w44Satchels - Lite.esp
[X] Easy Hacking.esp
[X] LFox Bottle That Water.esp
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
[X] OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
[X] OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
[X] OWB Valence Mask.esp
[X] CourierHideout.esp
[X] The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
[X] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
[X] The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp

Another question: I didn't install PN's rebalance, is the no auto-aim option essential?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 29, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Does Tailor Mod have any leveled loot lists or is it all just in a bag behind Doc Mitchell's no matter what?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Which one's the best of all the monster adders (DFB, More, IWS)?

Well...DWB and IWS don't add monsters. DFB adds random encounters. IWS increases the number of enemies that can spawn in certain areas.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I haven't got access to my gaming computer right now, but when I get it put back together, I want to start up NV again. Is there going to be any issues with an older install of AWOP with the latest patches and DLC? I really liked the old, pre-quest-bullshit AWOP.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Naky posted:

I finally have two good testers on board and could always use more!

Okay I'm game, but I can't find the beta for this on the site. When I start testing do I need to start a new save?

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Nobody seemed to really give me a straight answer for my question, so...

I want to edit the leveled lists to add the Dead Money and Honest Hearts weapons to NPCs and the Dead Money weapons to vendors, as the HH weps show just fine at the Gun Runners'. How would I do this without loving things up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Armory question: Does it go well with PN rebalance? I'm assuming there's probably some redundancy with PN equipment and Armory, but it's easy enough to just disable/mod PN equipment. With the rebalance mod though, I'm not sure if it's just an overall thing of if they've individually modified stats on the guns like they did in FWE.

If you don't adjust some of the settings, I felt it unbalanced things just from the number of automatic weapons it adds. A quick spray from even a 9mm automatic seemed to wreck just about anything. I didn't go very far past Nipton before I messed with the settings though, so I have no idea how it plays out later in the game.

Riolith fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 29, 2011