Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pope Guilty posted:

popped all her stitches, blood all over everything, screaming, terrified kitten, this cartoon all over my mom's office once her coworkers got wind of it

your mom's coworkers are/were despicable pieces of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

graph posted:

your mom's coworkers are/were despicable pieces of poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
repost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkKG8797gM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-YPEDzPqJE

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

re-emptyquote

also who was it in this thread that adopted mama tortie and black kitten. post more of them. theyre cute. especially the super bat-eared kitten.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

American Jello posted:

if you are around north ms i know where some stray kittens are that you should take

South Florida. As far south and as backward as you can get and not here banjo music playing out of thin air.

graph posted:

-go to a shelter
-let the cat find you
-enjoy cat

El Jackalope posted:

this. bonus if it's a black cat because black cats are not adopted nearly as much as other cats because people are dumb, superstitious idiots.

Trig Discipline posted:

you are going to have this beast for anywhere up to a couple of decades. don't worry about looks, go with personality

that said, orange cats

I'm certainly looking for personality over looks. But a black cat and orange cat pair would be a pretty pro combo. My previous cats were a brother and sister tabby combo (brown/black and silver/gray striped) and a solid brick wall of white fluff I took in from a scummy relative who abused the poor thing. It took me awhile but I rehabbed him into a normal and happy house cat. He spent the bulk of his life being spoiled by my family and I. You'd even catch my father, self proclaimed cat hater, giving him scratches on the couch. :3:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
cattetars, get yer fresh questionably-aged cattetars here!

:toot:

Lathespin.gif fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 29, 2011

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HU62eL7tac

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Get out of the trashcan! You're a catte not a garbage!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
sneaky pete was back tonight. i got him high as gently caress and got to pet him for like 1/64th of a second before he hooked me. he likes the nip but doesnt care much for company.

so i gave him some more and he layed on the porch step and growled at me for 5 minutes.

at this rate, we'll be best buds in about 4 years

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Cattes are always the best

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Get out of the trashcan! You're a catte not a garbage!

cattes are the silliest

In other news. Ally/Studio kittens were spotted tonight. I think i'm going to bring them some foodz so i can try to get some good pictures and maybe some pettes.

Orange cat is still the least shy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

cats evolved tails to entertain their kittens

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
when a cat has kittens it fuckin owns because they're so drat tired all the time and literally all they want is to be away from their kittens but they have to watch them at all times because kittens are dumb as poo poo

when dings popped out a litter, after a week or so of constant feeding and grooming she was like "i need a loving BREAK" and went outside

pathetic mewlings brought her running back in within 30 seconds

owned, dings

owned

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001

CougarsWrath posted:

Holy poo poo! lovin this!

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

also who was it in this thread that adopted mama tortie and black kitten. post more of them. theyre cute. especially the super bat-eared kitten.

mommy and kitten got fixed, hence her super-cool collar that she hates with a passion

the kitten's been named "Rebus", he's doing fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irwJi4W7z_o

the plan was to take them together, but after getting the kitten into his little carrier mommy was so distraught we couldn't grab her in time. had to separate them so they wouldn't lick the cuts, we're also starting to socialize the kitten more. first time my g/f petted him he started purring instantly which is already pretty far from the wild animal i picked up off my porch

he also makes bread in the air just like mommy :3:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

CougarsWrath posted:

Ici in it, :woop:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

awwww haha :3

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

Funhilde posted:

lookk at this catte

you gotta take him home now, man

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

JawnV6 posted:

~*~ Tiny feet catte ~*~

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

CougarsWrath posted:

lookk at this catte

you gotta take him home now, man

I can't have any more kitties here. 2 is the limit. I'm hoping to catch the kittens though and take them to a no kill shelter nearby.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
yo d8 i wanna buy some cat drugs from you. i've bought some from you in the past a few times but it was always in a cool lil mouse toy, but this time i want the raw stuff. mostly because my catte lost her red mouse somewhere in my apartment and i swear i've looked for it everywhere and it's not a huge place but i just can't find it.

i also cant find your thread in sa-mart :( edit; nevermind i found it
also, what do I do with the raw stuff, just sprinkle a little bit of it on the ground?

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

re-emptyquote

"emptyquote" :raise:

Mr Paws caught yet another loving bird this morning. thank gently caress the thing was smart enough to fly out the door the second I opened it, catte was well on the way to tearing the apartment to shreds chasing it

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
So whats a good way to get my cat attracted to a specific scratching post so he doesn't rip up my carpet. I tried placing it where he normally scratches but he moves around a lot and i can't cover my entire carpet in scratching rugs. And he's immune to catnip :(

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

So whats a good way to get my cat attracted to a specific scratching post so he doesn't rip up my carpet. I tried placing it where he normally scratches but he moves around a lot and i can't cover my entire carpet in scratching rugs. And he's immune to catnip :(

Try something with his scent at the post..or even another kitties scent so he wants to scratch that area. Scratching is one way cats leave territorial markers. Also there are some good sprays out there that contain essential oils that deter scratching. We've had some success with those here.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
The problem is I can't really deter his scratching because he does it literally all over the carpet. My only option is to promote scratching at a specific place.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

some more black catte chatte
charlie chose me when i went to adopt a cat from the spca, and when i was walking out with him a little kid saw him and was all "you can't get a black cat, that's bad luck!!"

and today i came home to this

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006

Don't Ask posted:

charlie chose me when i went to adopt a cat from the spca, and when i was walking out with him a little kid saw him and was all "you can't get a black cat, that's bad luck!!"

DAT FUKKEN CATTE

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes

Don't Ask posted:

that catte sure is mad at your paper

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Zeph posted:

just sprinkle a little bit of it on the ground

ayup

or put some in a paper grocery sack for entertainment x2

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Jawn I am getting mad cabin fever, let's for serious work out a time for me to come over and pette them cattes. Invite fork bomb too

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

The problem is I can't really deter his scratching because he does it literally all over the carpet. My only option is to promote scratching at a specific place.

Maybe there is a carpet powder or something you can use to get his scratch scent out of the carpet?

I've also read that sometimes if you move the cat mid-scratch to a post they may attempt to scratch the post. The other thing we did that really helped Leeloo scratch on a post instead of the couch was to really make sure that the post didn't move at all. She still kneads the carpet but doesn't really scratch it. Elmer learned right away that he would get air can sprayed if he scratched the wrong things.

0staf
Jun 11, 2006

FFE or die trying
yeah my cat wrecked one of our new sofas by scratching the arm constantly, so we got a post he initially ignored, but every time he attacked the sofa from then on rather than punishing it somehow we just moved it to the post and scratched its claws down there a few times ourselves. he soon got the idea and it's all he uses now but it took a week or so!

Nigel Danvers
Oct 29, 2009

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Had this problem. catte scratches every loving carpet in the place. tried various scratching posts but it wasn't until I got one of those flat cardboard ones, and laced it with catnip that I managed to get him to switch. Those upright ones with rope and poo poo never appealed to him.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Yeah the best posts should have a wide plate at the bottom with carpet to get the flat-diggers as well as those who like digging at joints. My cat used to love to tear up where the carpet met the tile in the kitchen and he went nuts on the base and where the base met the posts, but basically ignored the post.

Also the rolling-trapped-ball toy with the circular cardboard digger in the middle is basically the best toy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006