Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

Nobody seemed to really give me a straight answer for my question, so...

I want to edit the leveled lists to add the Dead Money and Honest Hearts weapons to NPCs and the Dead Money weapons to vendors, as the HH weps show just fine at the Gun Runners'. How would I do this without loving things up?

I would do it via script, to be entirely honest. Minimize conflicts that way. I don't recall specifically how to do it, but it generally involves an invisible quest that simply triggers the scripts to take effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
For anybody that's used New Vegas Configator, does the Shader Model 3.0 option actually do anything? My card supports it, but I see literally no difference in visuals or performance with it turned on.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I would do it via script, to be entirely honest. Minimize conflicts that way. I don't recall specifically how to do it, but it generally involves an invisible quest that simply triggers the scripts to take effect.

... I think that's a little beyond me. I am about 99 percent sure I'd botch that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm doing a clean install of everything after all the DLC came out...

I'm trying to get the FN4GB.exe and NVSE working together; it says they should just work but when I launch it and type GetNVSEVersion in the console it doesn't return what it should so I know NVSE is working. Any suggestions?

I followed all the instructions in the OP and my FOMM seems to think everything is a-okay.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jul 29, 2011

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Cubemario posted:

For those won't look what is at that link?

quote:

I realized that the female genitalia was modeled to come up much further than the texture did, and the anatomy really annoyed me. There was this huge like 6 inch gap between the vulva and anus, which well... In reality, they're pretty much right next to each other, with maybe like half an inch in between. And well, it also always bothered me how the back had this massive dent in it, very much unlike any real person's back would look.

and then there's 93 images in the gallery dealing with how well modeled female taint is.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
He looked at the huge tits.

:spergin:: Yeah those look about right.

Then he looked at the tiny waist.

:spergin:: Still good!

finally he looked at the crotch.

:spergin:: Hrmm, something is off here.. OH FFS THEY ARE LIKE A MILE APART!

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Teim posted:

He looked at the huge tits.

:spergin:: Yeah those look about right.

Then he looked at the tiny waist.

:spergin:: Still good!

finally he looked at the crotch.

:spergin:: Hrmm, something is off here.. OH FFS THEY ARE LIKE A MILE APART!

QUICKLY, TO MAYA! I CAN FIX THIS!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

... I think that's a little beyond me. I am about 99 percent sure I'd botch that.

Download one of Arenovalis' Mac-10 or Mossberg mods - open it up in the GECK of FNVEdit and use it as a template. Works great.

To the goon on the last page asking about monster mods - I run DFB and IWS together, and it gives me plenty of things to shoot at. I just disable Enclave spawns for ~~~My Immersion~~~. Other than that, it is great. Just make sure you're using an XP adjuster.

It is hilarious with Project Nevada, since I'll mow down a bunch of fiends or powdergangers (and they me). Looting bodies becomes annoying, but that is a tradeoff I'm happy making.

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

flatluigi posted:

How useful is this?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38326

If you want an unofficial patch that actually works and is updated regularly, then I suggest you use the one found here: http://www.ravenmodding.terminal47.net/

Don't get scared away by the fact that the site is German, the file and readme is in perfectly fine English.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Use this mod as a base. It uses a script to add derringers to leveled lists for NPCs and vendors.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39971

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cubemario posted:

Okay I'm game, but I can't find the beta for this on the site. When I start testing do I need to start a new save?

It's a pretty monumental task but if you're down for it you can find everything you need in the topic of our IRC channel (#TheArmory @ irc.synirc.net). Short and long of it in case nobody is around to answer questions if/when you swing by:

- you need an install of TA 2.0 + the WIP linked in the topic
- in the WIP 7z you'll find two text files, an indevelopment text file that's out of date now and a changelog. You'd normally use these two as an indication of what needs testing. All fixes, changes, and guns listed as READY for release. There's also an upcoming list linked in the topic that's basically an up to date in development text file... it also contains all of the current reported bugs and in development guns, try not to report issues on WIP guns.
- don't report things about balance unless they're really off, especially on new weapons as AS hasn't done his thing yet to them
- keep a list of issues you've found in a text file and pastebin them for me to look at, but try to keep issues already reported to a minimum
- at this point we're basically looking for things really wrong with the guns; tiny seams in the mesh, a silencer only 95% on a barrel instead of 100%, really minor things like that will probably not get fixed with everything else that needs to get done unless I agree that it is bad
- to test iron sights, disable PN's dynamic sights if you're using PN and go into third person mode and then back into first person view while iron sighting so the crosshairs stay. It should be a little above while standing but more or less perfect while crouched. I'm sure this is to simulate accuracy or something...
- basically test everything about a weapon, its mods, if its muzzleflash is in the right area, do the shells eject in the right spot, if the iron sights are good, if it animates good in first and third person and how it looks when dropped
- FO3 animations don't completely animate in third person view in FNV, if they ever did in FO3; also there are a number of odd quirks with Gamebryo like how sometimes magazines will float in front if guns in third person view until you reload occasionally... this happens with stock weapons too so try to keep those reports down to a minimum unless you can reproduce it every single time consistently on multiple fresh loading of the game

I'm not sure if you want to bother with the current WIP at this point since I'll probably be releasing another one tomorrow with a million fixes and improvements but it's up to you.

Naky fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jul 29, 2011

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I haven't seen the mod, but Shojo is Japanese for "young girl", so I don't WANT to see it.

If you go on new vegas nexus you won't have a choice, some fucker will have posted screenshots of their shojo character in the user screenshots section of any and every mod, no matter how innocuous.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Also, as a favour to me, could a few of you ~~*(MY IMMERSION)*~~ people make a list of which weapons from the pack you'd consider to be immersion friendly? Not necessarily LORE friendly, but immersion friendly. I'm considering making another optional esp that places the thematically immersion friendly weapons around the game world for you to discover rather than be forced to use the cabinets. Obviously you would not use the leveled lists with it, and it would probably conflict with other mods left and right... but I figure it'll please the immersion fans.

If I run out of time/patience though, I might even just make another version of the cabinets that just have only the immersion friendly weapons in it minus all the copies.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If you go on new vegas nexus you won't have a choice, some fucker will have posted screenshots of their shojo character in the user screenshots section of any and every mod, no matter how innocuous.

You don't have to look at the user screenshots, though. No matter what mod it is or how many screenshots the uploader has, users will always post a needless "Thank You from my character" image.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Naky posted:

Also, as a favour to me, could a few of you ~~*(MY IMMERSION)*~~ people make a list of which weapons from the pack you'd consider to be immersion friendly? Not necessarily LORE friendly, but immersion friendly. I'm considering making another optional esp that places the thematically immersion friendly weapons around the game world for you to discover rather than be forced to use the cabinets. Obviously you would not use the leveled lists with it, and it would probably conflict with other mods left and right... but I figure it'll please the immersion fans.

If I run out of time/patience though, I might even just make another version of the cabinets that just have only the immersion friendly weapons in it minus all the copies.

Sure, I can get on that later tonight. Do you want it done based on how well the weapons look fits into the game, or just how much sense it makes for that sort of gun to be around?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Naky posted:

Sure. Where is the link to the latest list of Guns in the Armory?

ps also hockey sticks

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Utritum posted:

If you want an unofficial patch that actually works and is updated regularly, then I suggest you use the one found here: http://www.ravenmodding.terminal47.net/

Don't get scared away by the fact that the site is German, the file and readme is in perfectly fine English.

Huh, this looks pretty nifty. Anybody else have any thoughts before I give it a try?

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Need a little help with my load order, everything seems fine but honest pete has a giant red triangle over his body

quote:

[X]AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X]FalloutNV.esm
[X]DeadMoney.esm
[X]ClassicPack.esm
[X]MercenaryPack.esm
[X]TribalPack.esm
[X]Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X]Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X]CaravanPack.esm
[X]Military Explansion Program.esm
[X]Lings.esm
[X]The.Armory.esm
[X]DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X]RustTownV1-1.esp
[X]Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
[X]Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X]Continue After End.esp
[X]OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
[X]OFT_Base.esp
[X]NewVegasBounties.esp
[X]Rustyhwys.esp
[X]TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
[X]PipBoyLightx2.esp
[X]SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
[X]Vurt's WFO.esp
[X]Nevada Skies.esp
[X]Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X]BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
[X]The.Armory.Mysterious.Stranger.Pack.esp

Total active plugins: 29
Total plugins: 32

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Sure, I can get on that later tonight. Do you want it done based on how well the weapons look fits into the game, or just how much sense it makes for that sort of gun to be around?

Maybe a combination of both? Basically would you be okay with it. That's why I wanted input from a few people.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Cubemario posted:

Okay I'm game, but I can't find the beta for this on the site. When I start testing do I need to start a new save?

You also need this:
http://thhg.samods.org/23.07.2011.The.Armory.v.2.5.WIP.7z - the Beta

and

http://pastebin.com/rJRQ4msS - the Pastebin-link

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Well...DWB and IWS don't add monsters. DFB adds random encounters. IWS increases the number of enemies that can spawn in certain areas.

Should've rephrased it, I meant best mod that adds more.. action to the game I guess.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Vier posted:

Need a little help with my load order, everything seems fine but honest pete has a giant red triangle over his body

Move FalloutNV.sm to the top. Something is messing with the clothes mesh that Pete uses. Do any of those mods edit the vanilla armor/clothes?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Brace posted:

Should've rephrased it, I meant best mod that adds more.. action to the game I guess.

IWS seems to be the best for that. I'm using medium spawns, core patrols, core guards, core civilians, and things can get pretty hectic but not overwhelmingly so.

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
Patrols can take away from some of the atmosphere because there are so many roaming about, it feels less like a wasteland. That may be your cup of tea though; I originally liked the idea of there being a lot of travel across the wasteland, and still do, but some roads should remain isolated or there should at least be a few camps to explain why there are, for example, like eight Legion guys just wandering around in the mountains south of Novac.

EDIT: Actually I think that's the problem with IWS as a whole. It sort of just blanket-increases spawns everywhere, which adds obviously a lot of NPCs but kind of hurts the immersion. It would be interesting to get into the guts of it in GECK and see if you could make things dynamic, like have sparse spawns in certain areas and heavy ones in others. Right now as far as I know the modules just increase all spawns by their respective amounts (Low, Medium, Big)

MadPierrot fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 29, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

MadPierrot posted:

Patrols can take away from some of the atmosphere because there are so many roaming about, it feels less like a wasteland. That may be your cup of tea though; I originally liked the idea of there being a lot of travel across the wasteland, and still do, but some roads should remain isolated or there should at least be a few camps to explain why there are, for example, like eight Legion guys just wandering around in the mountains south of Novac.

EDIT: Actually I think that's the problem with IWS as a whole. It sort of just blanket-increases spawns everywhere, which adds obviously a lot of NPCs but kind of hurts the immersion. It would be interesting to get into the guts of it in GECK and see if you could make things dynamic, like have sparse spawns in certain areas and heavy ones in others. Right now as far as I know the modules just increase all spawns by their respective amounts (Low, Medium, Big)

I think it actually enhances immersion, I mean I would expect people to be outside all the time, fighting stuff, just like I am, for whatever reason rather then it just being completely barren. I mean it's been 300 years since the apocalypse and Vegas didn't even get hit by any nukes, so it really doesn't stand out to me as immersion-breaking.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Brace posted:

I think it actually enhances immersion, I mean I would expect people to be outside all the time, fighting stuff, just like I am, for whatever reason rather then it just being completely barren. I mean it's been 300 years since the apocalypse and Vegas didn't even get hit by any nukes, so it really doesn't stand out to me as immersion-breaking.

I dunno man, I wouldn't leave the settlement/farm/bunker for poo poo, personally. There are giant insects and monsters, and some Courier guy that punches people to death and eats them.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

penis bandana posted:

I dunno man, I wouldn't leave the settlement/farm/bunker for poo poo, personally. There are giant insects and monsters, and some Courier guy that punches people to death and eats them.

You gotta make money somehow :clint:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
If a bunch of crazy people who thought they were reviving Rome were running around slaughtering people, and they weren't even the most dangerous thing out there, I'd stay inside or in a town. Not gonna lie.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Yeah but imagine if the internet went down... forever. You'd be outside.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Chronojam posted:

There's totally a bunch of games on my Broken Terminal.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Counterpoint: Alcohol.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
You have to make money though, unless you have a farm or a business and a reliable way to get goods, you're gonna end up being outside in the wasteland scavenging/etc.

Also I exited my game outside Boulder City after finishing the quest, installed IWS-High and all the optional ones, and as I re-opened the game there was a group of Legion members fighting mole rats and cazadores maybe 50 feet from my position.

Also is there any way to get Project Nevada's bullet time to function like Turbo? Having it slow you down as well is a real pain in the rear end.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Unless you're mooching.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Brace posted:

You have to make money though, unless you have a farm or a business and a reliable way to get goods, you're gonna end up being outside in the wasteland scavenging/etc.

I can catch rats in Freeside just fine. Beats crucifixion.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Freeside or West Side? The King or Mean Son of a Bitch?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I'd just do the same thing as Red(I think? The "scientist" at HELIOS One?) and completely lie about my credentials to the NCR so I could do gently caress-all everyday and live nicely.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Brace posted:

I'd just do the same thing as Red(I think? The "scientist" at HELIOS One?) and completely lie about my credentials to the NCR so I could do gently caress-all everyday and live nicely.

Yeah that dude had it pretty good until the Courier, angry about not being given credit for fixing the array, punched him to death and ate him.

e:

Schubalts posted:

Freeside or West Side? The King or Mean Son of a Bitch?

Freeside. The king seems like an okay dude.

penis bandana fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 29, 2011

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I am not sure how you confused the name Fantastic with Red, but it made me laugh.

Zero Trust
Dec 29, 2009

"the car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel..."

Chronojam posted:

You could play dwarf fortress and ASCII roguelikes on a terminal forever, right? Also do lots of chems.

e: someone mod in dwarf fortress on terminals, tia.

Zero Trust fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Does Weapon Animation Replacer no longer have a fomod script installation? I installed both rifle and pistol animations with FOMM but... it did nothing?