Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

Does Weapon Animation Replacer no longer have a fomod script installation? I installed both rifle and pistol animations with FOMM but... it did nothing?

Probably not. There are several optionals with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:

Brace posted:

I'd just do the same thing as Red(I think? The "scientist" at HELIOS One?) and completely lie about my credentials to the NCR so I could do gently caress-all everyday and live nicely.

"They asked me if I stood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics."

One of my favorite lines in the entire game, that guy owns.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nope, no FOMOD script at all. And no updates for the concievable future, as the creator's computer died, taking all of his mods with it.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
I'm playing through Dead Money for the first time and have recruited both Dog and Dean, I'm trying to get to the medical district to get Christine but every time I try to hit the door the game crashes.

These are the mods I'm running, would any of these be messing it up? It's really frustrating, cause I've gotten crashes on fast travel and other area transitions before, a lot sometimes, I haven't run into an area like this that crashes every time no matter what I do.
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Military Explansion Program.esm
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] WEG - Wasteland Essential Gear.esp
[X] Improved Ballistics Effects V2.esp
[X] Tag Skills Improved.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[ ] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.
Downloaded the Willow mod.

Terrible. loving terrible.

1. The voice actress sounds like a 300 pound lardy who is trying her hardest to sound like the cutesy mary-sue that 'Willow' is.

2. The retarded costume she comes with (A pristine leather jacket with a cutesy, bare-midriff undershirt and a HELLO KITTY NECKLACE) can only be changed after completing the lovely, autistic quests.

3. The character's personality is so horribly at odds with the 'post-apocalyptic' setting it makes me want to puke. She talks about how she lives with her whole family, has a bunch of brothers, and collects toys, and how her mom yells at her for having too much retarded poo poo in her room. She talks about her dog that died, evidently that's the most tragic event in her life post-apocalypse. The very first quest she gives you, your goal is to go hunt down and kill fiend bandits who stole her - get ready - Teddy Bear.

4. The character isn't 'comic relief' in the way Veronica is, she's just a retarded stand-in for the aspie who created her.

5. HER VOICE. I can't stress this anymore. Her goddamn voice. It's not that she's a particularly bad actress, she does the job okay. But her voice is cringe-worthy. It's SO BAD.

In conclusion:
Downloading the Willow - A Better Companion Experience mod is the equivalent to forcibly injecting the mind of an autistic hambeast catgirl into your Fallout: New Vegas experience. :downsbravo:

But don't take my word for it, get it here! :thumbsup:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41779

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Military Explansion Program.esm
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] WEG - Wasteland Essential Gear.esp
[X] Improved Ballistics Effects V2.esp
[X] Tag Skills Improved.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
[X] Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[ ] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp
Try moving FalloutNV.exm to the top.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cream-of-Plenty some time ago posted:

Most of PN's features can be turned off / not installed when you activate the FOMOD, though. Granted, I didn't realize you could opt out of installing entire modules the first few times, but I eventually figured it out.

I've been experimenting with various combinations of settings, trying to find the perfect blend of difficulty to make the game more difficult, and pretty much everything is usable without the "Equipment" and "Cyberware" plugins (if that's the extra bullshit you're talking about.)

Difficulty - Normal, Hardcore On

Weapon Damage Skill Influence - 50% (PN has this set to 20%, which is bunk because it defeats the purpose to putting skill points into weapons because of the relatively worthless payoff.)

Food Rarities - 16%, 12%, 9%, 6%

Ammo Rarity - 10%

Leveling Rate - 66%

Skill Point Penalty - (-4)

Minimum Damage (DT Bleedthrough) - 15%

Alternative Repair ON

Everything else I leave at default values or doesn't effect the difficulty of the game. I've discovered that a leveling rate of 66% prevents you from blasting through 10 or 12 levels in a single DLC, but isn't SO slow that you feel like you're never getting anywhere. The -4 skill point penalty means you have a spread of 7 - 11 points to invest per level (rather than 11 - 15), meaning you'll NEVER get anywhere near maxing out every skill. This emphasizes grooming your character to fit a certain role, rather than just dumping points into whatever when you feel like it.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how to find these parameters in the GECK (or otherwise)? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rinkles posted:

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how to find these parameters in the GECK (or otherwise)? I have no idea what I'm doing.

You don't have to. It's in the Mod Configuration Menu when you press ESC and bring up the menu.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

You don't have to. It's in the Mod Configuration Menu when you press ESC and bring up the menu.

Yup, I hadn't loaded up the Rebalance module, so it wasn't showing up. Thanks.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Brace posted:

Does Weapon Animation Replacer no longer have a fomod script installation? I installed both rifle and pistol animations with FOMM but... it did nothing?

Yeah it has optional files, I think you need to manually install all of those. I actually don't trust things to install correctly if it's automated. I do everything manually which got a little ridiculous when I was installing Ojo Bueno :shepface:

Speaking of WAR (Weapon Animation Replacer) does anyone else have the pistol animation kind of freak out when you aim? He puts his hands over his head for a second and then sights in with the pistol. I don't think it's a botched install, I did it multiple times (with multiple different files) and got the same result.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

krazysigmarite posted:

Downloaded the Willow mod.

Terrible. loving terrible.

For those who won't download the mod, here's a video from some guy to get to know your Willow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLUbcYjCUY&t=158s

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

fennesz posted:

Yeah it has optional files, I think you need to manually install all of those. I actually don't trust things to install correctly if it's automated. I do everything manually which got a little ridiculous when I was installing Ojo Bueno :shepface:

Speaking of WAR (Weapon Animation Replacer) does anyone else have the pistol animation kind of freak out when you aim? He puts his hands over his head for a second and then sights in with the pistol. I don't think it's a botched install, I did it multiple times (with multiple different files) and got the same result.

Same exact thing for me, which option are you using? The one where he holds the gun upright?

Also I seem to be crashing pretty frequently when changing cells, if I go into a store or go to a different part of freeside, the roulette spinner will stop at a certain point, the music will start looping and the game will freeze up.

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
IWR.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Traits.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
rePopulated Wasteland.esm
SCAV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
iHUD.esm
The.Armory.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Gunshot Distance Tweak.esp
Continue After End.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-NoInteriorSpawns.esp
Boacombat2glove.esp
BOAt51b.esp
boa ncrpahelmet.esp
CRHDV3O3.esp
NCR Rearmament v1.5.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
No Neos.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
bornagain Book Of Steel.esp
Project Nevada - WME.esp
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
OFT_Base_Interiors.esp
OFT_Base.esp
LFox Pip-Boy Stealth Boy Addon.esp
PortableCampsite.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
merged.esp

Total active plugins: 70
Total plugins: 74

Brace fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jul 29, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Has anyone made a mod that let's you keep Roxie as a companion all throughout OWB?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cubemario posted:

For those who won't download the mod, here's a video from some guy to get to know your Willow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLUbcYjCUY&t=158s

Stuff like this punctuates just how well and subtly written the vanilla companions are.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Brace posted:

Same exact thing for me, which option are you using? The one where he holds the gun upright?

I tried all four and it did it each time. I just deleted the file and use the vanilla first person carry animation for pistols.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Same thing for me with all of the pistol animations. Shame, some of them look pretty cool. The good news is that you only need the core animations for it to work with The Armory, the optional stances are just that; optional.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Brace posted:

Also I seem to be crashing pretty frequently when changing cells, if I go into a store or go to a different part of freeside, the roulette spinner will stop at a certain point, the music will start looping and the game will freeze up.

I've seen lots of people complaining about that type of crashing while using the AS versions of IWS instead of just the Core modules, but YMMV.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I couldn't use the Willow mod for longer than a week because of the perks and... cheeriness, but it really isn't that bad. I was pretty amazed with the quality for a mod.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

VisAbsoluta posted:

I've seen lots of people complaining about that type of crashing while using the AS versions of IWS instead of just the Core modules, but YMMV.

AS?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are the best recommended hideout mods?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Brace posted:

AS?

These ESPs:

IWS-AS-LowSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-MedSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-NoInteriorSpawns.esp
IWS-AS-EnableDebugInfo.esp

They all seem to break the game.

Also, I've seen people saying that IWS-Core-Civilians.esp fucks things up in Novac. So you should be okay using just IWS-Core.esm, IWS-Core-Guards.esp and IWS-Core-Patrols.esp.

As I've told you, that's what I've heard, so YMMV. For instance, Capn Beeb uses the IWS-AS-MedSpawns with no problems, if I remember correctly.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vier posted:

Need a little help with my load order, everything seems fine but honest pete has a giant red triangle over his body

Your load order is messed up. FalloutNV.esm needs to load before everything else (top of the list) in order for those mods to make their changes to the vanilla game. Run your load order through FOMM and see what it comes up with. If that doesn't resolve it, bright red "!" triangles indicate that a mod was installed incorrectly, as it is searching for meshes that it cannot find.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I'm probably an idiot but for the life of me I cannot figure out which files to download for Neveda Skies. I downloaded the core info and the esp but the optional files for URWL make it sound like its incompatible with the weather mod.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

B-Mac posted:

I'm probably an idiot but for the life of me I cannot figure out which files to download for Neveda Skies. I downloaded the core info and the esp but the optional files for URWL make it sound like its incompatible with the weather mod.

You want to use the normal version or the URWLified one?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

B-Mac posted:

At a minimum, you need the Nevada Skies 0-6 Data and 0-6-3 .esp files. If you want the "ultra-realistic URWL lighting", download and install v29 on top of Nevada Skies 0-6. Don't run both simultaneously, as Nevada Skies and Nevada Skies URWLified make changes to the same things.

Also, don't download version 0.7 of Nevada Skies. It is some sort of "pilot" update that the author refuses to explain. It also lacks the controls that allow you to activate / deactivate certain settings.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Ok so I installed the core and cloud changes and I just want Neveda Skies - URWLified.esp running?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
For some reason I haven't gotten a single bit of weather in New Vegas despite having Nevada Skies activated since leaving Doc Mitchell's house, as well as having everything on Highest Frequency.

^ Yes

Brace fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 29, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Am I alone in not liking URWLified Nevada Skies? It just changes everything from one annoying shade of orange to a different annoying shade of orange.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Am I alone in not liking URWLified Nevada Skies? It just changes everything from one annoying shade of orange to a different annoying shade of orange.

No, I don't like it. I don't like Nevada Skies either, to be entirely honest. The ultra-clear weather just highlights the worst parts of the engine, with all of its flickering LOD terrain and pop-in. I'd prefer Western Skies, but it forces you to deal with the sandstorms and rain.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is it safe to just remove the Nevada Skies .esp and then install Western Skys over it?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I don't like it too, I much prefer the vanilla version.

Brace posted:

Is it safe to just remove the Nevada Skies .esp and then install Western Skys over it?

Yes, just deactivate Nevada Skies on FOMM and then activate Western Skies normally.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

No, I don't like it. I don't like Nevada Skies either, to be entirely honest. The ultra-clear weather just highlights the worst parts of the engine, with all of its flickering LOD terrain and pop-in. I'd prefer Western Skies, but it forces you to deal with the sandstorms and rain.

The latest patch has done wonders for hiding or disguising pop-in and flickering terrain, at least for me.

rentilius
Apr 21, 2010
What's wrong with the sandstorms and the rain? They look pretty interesting.

Also, what visual enhancement mods are people using? I want to ease back into playing this game but would like to enjoy a somewhat fresher experience.

I will probably going to end up using Project Nevada too.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Brace posted:

Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
SCAV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
CASM.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp

I get the same crashes, only just infrequently. I assumed it was due to Ojo Bueno textures and me cranking up the fade out distances, etc. to levels the engine wasn't designed to handle. I've listed the only mods I use that overlap with yours, though I've got Simple Street Lights which is sort of like ElectroCity Light.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I'm an idiot and still can't figure it out, even after I downloaded that COP 357 as recommended. I selected it as my active plugin in the geck but can't find the weapon or the actual script. :saddowns:

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Nevets posted:

I get the same crashes, only just infrequently. I assumed it was due to Ojo Bueno textures and me cranking up the fade out distances, etc. to levels the engine wasn't designed to handle. I've listed the only mods I use that overlap with yours, though I've got Simple Street Lights which is sort of like ElectroCity Light.

custom music or radio stations crashes the game frequently when you change zones. if you turn off the radio before zoning or turn off custom music mods altogether you'll stop crashing.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Naky posted:

Probably not. There are several optionals with it.

I compiled a list of all the guns I think are lore friendly along with a few which to me are borderline and why they are borderline. I might have missed a couple out. A lot of the guns I cut are down to them just being way too clean or modern looking. Most guns that aren't coated entirely in railz or some crazily shaped polymer thing would fit if they were retextured to look rougher and made out of oldschool metal or metal with wood furniture.

There are a bunch of classic fallout guns in the mod which are great but which have really off-looking textures. I'm not trying to be a dick cause making a good texture is really loving hard, but if the guy who did the murdelizer and thor guns could retexture those they would be so great to have in the game. I'm probably the pickiest bastard you're likely to find though.

There's a couple of really crazy oddball guns in there which I might try my hand at retexturing because I love how they look.

I've put the list on pastebin cause it's pretty long and I don't want to fill up the page.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I compiled a list of all the guns I think are lore friendly along with a few which to me are borderline and why they are borderline. I might have missed a couple out. A lot of the guns I cut are down to them just being way too clean or modern looking. Most guns that aren't coated entirely in railz or some crazily shaped polymer thing would fit if they were retextured to look rougher and made out of oldschool metal or metal with wood furniture.

There are a bunch of classic fallout guns in the mod which are great but which have really off-looking textures. I'm not trying to be a dick cause making a good texture is really loving hard, but if the guy who did the murdelizer and thor guns could retexture those they would be so great to have in the game. I'm probably the pickiest bastard you're likely to find though.

There's a couple of really crazy oddball guns in there which I might try my hand at retexturing because I love how they look.

I've put the list on pastebin cause it's pretty long and I don't want to fill up the page.

We only have one texture artist on the team and that's safety hammer and he's been really busy lately so very little has gotten done. Believe me, if we could get a quality artist or two who could redo textures there would be work for them to do but sadly it's a skill area we're lacking. I'm able to do modeling work, but my texturing skills are 12 years out of date and were never good to begin with. Thanks for the list though, I hope a few other people chime in with their own as well.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

We only have one texture artist on the team and that's safety hammer and he's been really busy lately so very little has gotten done. Believe me, if we could get a quality artist or two who could redo textures there would be work for them to do but sadly it's a skill area we're lacking. I'm able to do modeling work, but my texturing skills are 12 years out of date and were never good to begin with. Thanks for the list though, I hope a few other people chime in with their own as well.

You should contact Arenovalis. That would be the single greatest goon product ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

You should contact Arenovalis. That would be the single greatest goon product ever

I believe he works with the FOOK team, so I doubt he'd want to work with our illegitimate pirate mod that's more or less SA only but I wouldn't say no if he wanted to pitch in. Plus he hasn't posted in a while, is he still around?

Also, interesting that the CAWS wasn't on your list FPS - it's a canon Fallout weapon after all. The texture is even all rusty and such :haw: