Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I'm an idiot and still can't figure it out, even after I downloaded that COP 357 as recommended. I selected it as my active plugin in the geck but can't find the weapon or the actual script. :saddowns:

Read this to learn how to set up a quest that silently runs a script when the mod is first run. Instead of using the script given in that example though, follow this template:
code:
scn MYLevelListModQuestScript

short iDoOnce

;Script attached to MYLevelListMod Quest - 'Start game enabled' flag set to 'On'

BEGIN GameMode

if (iDoOnce == 0)
  AddItemToLeveledList  LeveledItem1 ObjectToAdd1 iLevel iCount fHealthPercent100
  AddItemToLeveledList  LeveledItem2 ObjectToAdd2 iLevel iCount fHealthPercent100

... etc

set iDoOnce to 1
  StopQuest MYLevelListMod
endif

END
You'll have to dig through the leveled lists in the GECK to figure out where to add it. Adding to the Cond<weapon>NPC lists will give the item a chance to replace an existing weapon throughout the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Naky posted:

I believe he works with the FOOK team, so I doubt he'd want to work with our illegitimate pirate mod that's more or less SA only but I wouldn't say no if he wanted to pitch in. Plus he hasn't posted in a while, is he still around?

Also, interesting that the CAWS wasn't on your list FPS - it's a canon Fallout weapon after all. The texture is even all rusty and such :haw:

Yeah but it's hiiiideous and animates terribly. There are a couple other canon fallout weapons that I didn't include due to similar issues.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Yeah but it's hiiiideous and animates terribly. There are a couple other canon fallout weapons that I didn't include due to similar issues.

:ssh: I don't much like it either, but a few people requested it. Same goes with a lot of the classic fallout weapons new vegas guns in the pack - someone on the team requested I integrate them so they wouldn't have to use that other mod any more.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can I make a mod request for a "Expanded Mysterious Signal" radio station. I love the blues station included in Old World Blue, but it's painfully short. I know there are the tools to make your own radio station, but I wouldn't know where to begin on finding fitting blues tracks for the station or how to mix it with the current content. Well that and the chance to give it a new name, since "Mysterious Signal" is a bit on the bland side.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Edit: Nevermind, found one.

Rirse posted:

Can I make a mod request for a "Expanded Mysterious Signal" radio station. I love the blues station included in Old World Blue, but it's painfully short. I know there are the tools to make your own radio station, but I wouldn't know where to begin on finding fitting blues tracks for the station or how to mix it with the current content. Well that and the chance to give it a new name, since "Mysterious Signal" is a bit on the bland side.

I know it doesn't do everything you want, but have you tried this one?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 30, 2011

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

VisAbsoluta posted:

Edit: Nevermind, found one.

I know it doesn't do everything you want, but have you tried this one?

Wonder if I can add the Mysterious Signal tracks to that station. Then that would be perfect. Thank you.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

What are the best recommended hideout mods?

Anyone? My question got missed, it looks like.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

rentilius posted:

What's wrong with the sandstorms and the rain? They look pretty interesting.

Also, what visual enhancement mods are people using? I want to ease back into playing this game but would like to enjoy a somewhat fresher experience.

I'm using Ojo Bueno for everything except rubble, dirt and cliff textures and I use Textures Over Time for those. I don't like the way Ojo Bueno does organic textures, luckily I can just swap out the ones I don't like and use something else.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

flatluigi posted:

Honestly, the SINK from OWB is probably better than any mod house. Mod houses tend to be either annoyingly simple or ubercomplex with a bunch of bullshit you'll never, ever use. If you don't have OWB, I like Buck's Place from New Bison Steve, which is in the OP IIRC.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Everyone seems to use different ones, there isn't a "golden standard".

There's a goon (Omnicarus) which is making one that looks pretty cool, it should be finished soon, if you're willing to wait.

Besides that, you could try the Dusty Shack which is really, really simple (and fitting for someone who just started the game), Courier Hideout, which is a little more complete, or Underground Hideout, which became terribly bloated after some updates.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I tried using that CR-HD Ranger Combat Armor replacer and it made the Ranger Combat Helmet extremely glossy, so I don't even know.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

VisAbsoluta posted:

There's a goon (Omnicarus) which is making one that looks pretty cool, it should be finished soon, if you're willing to wait.

I keep hoping that the new posts are him releasing it. :3:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What's a good inventory management mod? I'm tired of scrolling through 9 pages of ammunition to get to actual things.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

Everyone seems to use different ones, there isn't a "golden standard".

Besides that, you could try the Dusty Shack which is really, really simple (and fitting for someone who just started the game), Courier Hideout, which is a little more complete, or Underground Hideout, which became terribly bloated after some updates.

I don't mind Underground Hideout. I think I remember goons here saying that it could do with a clean-up scriptwise and lights objectwise but it manages to stay fairly compact within it's four main spaces. That said, I just didn't do the quest at the start or do power management

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Anybody know what could be causing huge patches of ground to turn solid black like this? It only seems to be affecting the areas around Jacobstown. It's not an Archive Invalidation issue since I've already fiddled with it with and had no results and none of my other mods are having similar texture issues. I'm also not using any terrain texture replacers.

Load order:
code:
FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
aHUD.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
Detect Traps.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
The.Armory.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
HUD Extended.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
Detect Traps - DLC.esp
Detect Traps - Perk.esp
IDreamOfElectricSheep.esp
Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
WearGloves.esp
aaaJNFSniperZooming.esp
ammocrafting.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
Wolfeco_Courier.esp
realistic headshots.esp
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
CourierHideout.esp
WastelandNecklaceCollection.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMR_WMX_S.esp
XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp
XFO - 6be - Pacing - Vanilla (JUST No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
LeatherBackpack - eng.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Total active plugins: 60
Total plugins: 60

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kharmakazy posted:

What's a good inventory management mod? I'm tired of scrolling through 9 pages of ammunition to get to actual things.

You can push left or right to select only ammo, only consumables, only weapons, only armors, only random crap. That's better, I've found, than using the things that rename all the items in the game. Also, I do use this one mod that sorts things by durability and modded status automatically, so you don't sell or repair the wrong things.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Mind linking to that mod, chronojam? Sounds very useful.
I kind of wish there were more inventory 'tabs', rather than just the few they have in there, but I doubt it's possible with the engine. The 'view only' options are handy, though.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kgummy posted:

Mind linking to that mod, chronojam? Sounds very useful.
I kind of wish there were more inventory 'tabs', rather than just the few they have in there, but I doubt it's possible with the engine. The 'view only' options are handy, though.

PN Core has a nice inventory sorting option. It doesn't add more tabs, but it prefixes items with things like "FOOD" or "PART", so they'll sort by type in your inventory rather than only alphabetically (they're still sorted alphabetically within each type though, so it's easy to find stuff).

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I'll do you one better and also link to Quick Trade. It lets you bind an alternate Just Buy key instead of going through the normal dialog trees. Optionally, a little $ indicator over quicktradeable merchants appears while targeting them, and basically every vanilla merchant is supported with all the normal checks as far as I've seen.

The sorting mod I use is Duggelz Barter and Repair Menu Fix. Here's what it does from the horse's mouth:

Duggelz posted:

Items in the barter menu are sorted alphabetically by name, then by item condition. So the 100% hunting rifle will always be above the 5% hunting rifle. No more random item shuffling. Modded items should appear before un-modded items with the same name.

Items in the vendor repair menu are sorted alphabetically by name, then by item condition. So you don't have to hunt through every single line in a randomly ordered list.

Items in the Pip-boy repair menu are sorted by condition, then alphabetically by name. So all the junky items are near the top, and your precious, fully repaired items are safely near the bottom.

I'd highly recommend these two mods for everybody's playthrough. It has a few small issues but these two make your bartering and repairs far less frustrating.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Internet Friend posted:

You'll have to dig through the leveled lists in the GECK to figure out where to add it. Adding to the Cond<weapon>NPC lists will give the item a chance to replace an existing weapon throughout the game.

I give up, the GECK's interface makes my head hurt beyond changing a weapon's/armor's sounds or attributes. :suicide:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I give up, the GECK's interface makes my head hurt beyond changing a weapon's/armor's sounds or attributes. :suicide:

It takes some practice, but once you get used to it, it will really click. It's much simpler than it looks at first glance.

Alternatively, a lot of what you can do in GECK can also be done in FNVEdit. You really only need GECK to handle visual stuff, like placing items on maps or modifying model data (you can do that stuff in FNVEdit but you would have to know the exact hex values you need to use ahead of time). Honestly, I prefer FNVEdit for just making little changes, since it loads up so much faster and it allows you to follow an item's trail through every mod instead of only displaying the final values.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It takes some practice, but once you get used to it, it will really click. It's much simpler than it looks at first glance.

Alternatively, a lot of what you can do in GECK can also be done in FNVEdit. You really only need GECK to handle visual stuff, like placing items on maps or modifying model data (you can do that stuff in FNVEdit but you would have to know the exact hex values you need to use ahead of time). Honestly, I prefer FNVEdit for just making little changes, since it loads up so much faster and it allows you to follow an item's trail through every mod instead of only displaying the final values.

Yeah, I just sort of blank out when it comes to that sorta thing. Sony Vegas? No problem. Photoshop CS4? I took to it like a duck to water. The Geck? KILL ME NOW.

If anyone could do that list thing for me it'd be awesome, but I won't hold my breath. Pretty sure it'd get some downloads on the nexus, too.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Does anyone have any experience using Extended New Vegas Radio Generator? I can't get the batch files to work for the life of me. I downloaded the 100 songs from More Where that Came From - FNV, but I've got like 14 or so songs I'd like to add to it. I can create a mod with the original 100, but converting/adding the additional songs seems to be impossible.

I put the new songs in MusicToConvert and run the first batch file, nothing.
Run the batch file as administrator, nothing.
Move the batch file into the MusicToConvert folder and run it, nothing.
Move the batch file *and* the MusicToConvert to a different location that doesn't require admin rights to modify, error.
Check newvegasnexus, nothing.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Does anyone have New Vegas Redesigned still around? The author ripped it from Nexus a while ago and that was a pretty good mod.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A little mod recommendation for one I just found: Dalls_NV Better Faces.

It's not an NPC overhaul like Project Beauty/NPC Cosmetic Fixes. Instead it changes around the facegen presets to be a lot more "neutral", which gives you a lot more control over what your character ultimately looks like. It will make some NPCs look slightly different because of the changed facegen rules, but it's nothing drastic.

It also seems to change some of the texturing rules around so that there are no more neck seams (or at least, they're barely visible), and it's completely compatible with any other cosmetic modifiers (though you may need to do an FNVEdit merge patch to use it with Lings/other hair/eye mods).

Also, ignore the sleazy images in the mod page; it's not a body mod or anything - literally all it does is change around some of the facegen values, so it works perfectly fine with the vanilla models.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Horns posted:

Anybody know what could be causing huge patches of ground to turn solid black like this? It only seems to be affecting the areas around Jacobstown. It's not an Archive Invalidation issue since I've already fiddled with it with and had no results and none of my other mods are having similar texture issues. I'm also not using any terrain texture replacers.

I think it's a problem with Nevada Skies. I seem to recall an issue with that mod causing issues around Jacobstown.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

counterfeitsaint posted:

Does anyone have any experience using Extended New Vegas Radio Generator? I can't get the batch files to work for the life of me. I downloaded the 100 songs from More Where that Came From - FNV, but I've got like 14 or so songs I'd like to add to it. I can create a mod with the original 100, but converting/adding the additional songs seems to be impossible.

I put the new songs in MusicToConvert and run the first batch file, nothing.
Run the batch file as administrator, nothing.
Move the batch file into the MusicToConvert folder and run it, nothing.
Move the batch file *and* the MusicToConvert to a different location that doesn't require admin rights to modify, error.
Check newvegasnexus, nothing.

I haven't use the batch converters, but whenever I write a batchfile and it doesn't do what it should, the first thing to do is run each command manually one at a time in a regular cmd window so you can see the individual error messages as they come off.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

what do people think of New Vegas Restoration? it seems to be a mod that adds tons of poo poo to the strip and cleans it up?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Anyone? New Vegas Redesigned?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

what do people think of New Vegas Restoration? it seems to be a mod that adds tons of poo poo to the strip and cleans it up?

It looks nifty but soft-breaks some main quest stuff and may cause instability (not certain about that).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It feels a bit empty right now, but they're actively working on fleshing it out. I'd wait for them to knock a couple more versions, then try it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know if there's a list of places where I can find the equipments Project Nevada adds? The readme includes one only for the implants :colbert:

And question to anyone who uses Feng Shui: does it make the game constantly crash like lots of people claim?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 30, 2011

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent

VisAbsoluta posted:

Does anyone know if there's a list of places where I can find the equipments Project Nevada adds? The readme includes one only for the implants :colbert:

On the Project Nevada nexus page there is an FAQ near the bottom with a link to a spread sheet that lists the added equipment and were it can be found.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Another Armory question: I notice there's an "improved Ballistics" option when installing - what does that do exactly? Does it add things like bullet drop and such, or does it just tweak weapon spread?

*edit*

Found a bug in one of the levelled list references - In GunRunnerGunsAllTier5 - the entry points to a reference to "AmmoCrossbowPsychoScript", which causes an error since it's a SCPT reference. I'm assuming it's meant to point to AmmoCrossbowPsycho, which is an AMMO reference, but either way, it's pointing to the wrong thing.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 30, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think it's a problem with Nevada Skies. I seem to recall an issue with that mod causing issues around Jacobstown.
Thanks, that was it. Should have known going back to NS was a dumb idea, looks like Western Skies is going to be taking its place again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Horns posted:

Thanks, that was it. Should have known going back to NS was a dumb idea, looks like Western Skies is going to be taking its place again.

Whilst WS has the better skies, the colours are overly saturated for my taste. This is especially bad in high contrast settings like the Strip at night. You end up with this posterized effect. On the other hand, I occasionally get near freezing slowdowns with NS (which is probably mostly due to my aging computer).

Naky I might be using an outdated version of the Armory (I used the samods link from the OP yesterday), but I found a bug. The 'De Lisle Carbine' has a scope, but it's being treated like an iron sight.

And one question, do some of the rifles have custom scopes (like the Colt AR-15 Beowulf), or did I just miss those scopes in vanilla NV?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jul 30, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are there any impractically oversized revolvers that are well made? The sort of thing that looks like it must be chambered in a safari round and couldn't be effectively used by a human being?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Farm Frenzy posted:

The Lone Badger posted:

It looks nifty but soft-breaks some main quest stuff and may cause instability (not certain about that).

I've been using it, the way to avoid the main quest bugs is to only load it after you enter the strip for the first time. So you want to go through Freeside, use your passport / credit check to be admitted, enter the strip and go walk through all the interior gates down to the NCR embassy, then go back to the lucky 38 and do your business there, then walk out of the strip back to Freeside. Then you can load up NVR and go back in and marvel at all the pretty lights and poo poo.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The Lone Badger posted:

Are there any impractically oversized revolvers that are well made? The sort of thing that looks like it must be chambered in a safari round and couldn't be effectively used by a human being?

There are several "safari" style weapons in AG Supplementary Uniques, including a "Safari Pistol" (basically a sawed-off chambered in 45-70) and some Elephant guns...then there's the "Rhino Revolver" linked in the OP. Have you looked at those?

Nexus: "Hey, just building some fuckin' weird armor for hydrocephalic ginger-alien children, don't mind me..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Hey Naky, you guys probably fixed it, but I didn't find it in the 2.5 changelog. I don't know poo poo about firearms, so I could be wrong or this could be a reference I didn't get, but there's a typo in the Dragunov, in the mod it's written "Dragonuv" instead.

Also, I already instaled the 2.0 version with the FOMM extension, how should I proceed to update it to 2.5? Just deactivate the old one and activate the new? What about the Honest Hearts patches, etc? I take it that the 2.5 version doesn't install any rebalance mods.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 30, 2011