Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Lemur Crisis posted:

Sometimes I think to myself that if the Armory guys ever stop adding new stuff I'll eventually be able to stop playing this game.

I never really believe it, though.

Stop adding stuff?

:keke:

:aaa:

:fap:

:black101:

:doh:

That's about it for content, folks. From now on it's finishing what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel
Why does Machienzo's cosmetic fixes change all the black people in the game to white people? Joe Cobb, Mr. Nash in Primm, the powder ganger in the general store in Nipton, everybody in Silver Rush.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
So out of curiosity I've been messing around with the configator/.ini data to see how far I can push the game and have it still run. Has anyone else done this?

What I've learned so far:
-The LOD fade distances and such really don't make a difference past a certain value -Your main factor in determining how far away you can see things is going to be the "grids loaded" value. After all, it doesn't matter if you've told the game to let you see actors from 10 miles away if it will only load enough grids around you to populate a few hundred feet.
-Setting grids loaded to crazy amounts has some interesting results. It just hung forever on the loading screen at 50, but at 30 it did eventually load through, and ran at the breakneck pace of 1 FPS or so. However, it seemed to run into trouble rendering at extreme distances - it completely failed to render the mountain faces in the middle of the map, and I could see right through them to the land behind it.
-I have no idea how to get distant land to render in such a way that it stops getting that weird clipping effect with rocks and such. It still did it even at 30 grids.
-7 grids is about as high as my machine can handle. I can max everything else without impacting performance, but raising my grids in order to take advantage of those maxed values has a serious hit to my FPS.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried messing with these values and pushing them way beyond maximum - my computer is decent but not the absolute best you can make - Quad core 2.4Ghz, 6GB of RAM, and a Geforce GTS 250 1GB card (just the one; no SLI). I'm kind of wondering if there's anyone with one of those god computers out there that's tried it. How far can this engine be pushed when hardware isn't an issue? I think it'd be pretty awesome to be able to play with view distances of miles and miles with a decent FPS, but I don't think the engine can actually pull it off.

Tufty posted:

Why does Machienzo's cosmetic fixes change all the black people in the game to white people? Joe Cobb, Mr. Nash in Primm, the powder ganger in the general store in Nipton, everybody in Silver Rush.

It's some bug with the textures, I don't know what causes it but I just disabled it. If you notice, their body colour is still normal, it's just their faces that turn white.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Tufty posted:

I haven't used it, so it's possible it's just a bug only you're having, but I know there were mods to make non-white characters in Dragon Age 2 white, and their excuse was poo poo like "It's more visually appealing". The real reason is, of course, "I'm so sheltered that even seeing black people in my video games scares me!".

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I haven't used it, so it's possible it's just a bug only you're having, but I know there were mods to make non-white characters in Dragon Age 2 white, and their excuse was poo poo like "It's more visually appealing". The real reason is, of course, "I'm so sheltered that even seeing black people in my video games scares me!".

I have the same mod and the same issue. Retarded. The worst part is I just have to finish my current run before uninstalling it. I just want something that makes my NPC buddy of choice not look like a dingus :sigh:

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's some bug with the textures, I don't know what causes it but I just disabled it. If you notice, their body colour is still normal, it's just their faces that turn white.

Yeah, I just found out that you have to make an ini alteration to fix the problem with the face colour not matching the body colour. Hopefully if I do that alteration the faces will then match the bodies instead of the bodies matching the faces - I'd rather not play in an all white wasteland, especially when some of the voices don't match the ghostly white dudes.

Edit: Yup, just tested it. I changed "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=0" to "bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1" in all 3 .ini files and now the bodies match the faces. It's not a racial purification mod after all!

Tufty fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 1, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Captain Walker posted:

I have the same mod and the same issue. Retarded. The worst part is I just have to finish my current run before uninstalling it. I just want something that makes my NPC buddy of choice not look like a dingus :sigh:

Why do you have to finish your current run before uninstalling it?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Does mods that make stimpaks heal over time in non-hardcore work without loving the game up? Like this one, for instance: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39606

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Brace posted:

Why do you have to finish your current run before uninstalling it?

I'm always afraid adding/removing overhaul mods mid-game is a one way ticket to hosed up save city.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
That makes me feel somewhat better about the NV modding community. At least they aren't racists like the DA2 community!

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Captain Walker posted:

I'm always afraid adding/removing overhaul mods mid-game is a one way ticket to hosed up save city.

I removed it just fine, as long as it doesn't say specifically in the mod description DO NOT REMOVE WITH AN ACTIVE SAVE then you're pretty much safe. Corrupted saves are pretty inexplicable as far as I know just because of the nature of Gamebryo, so I wouldn't worry too much. Also, I found a mirror to (I think) the latest version of New Vegas Redesigned before it got taken down.

:siren:
It's in french:
New Vegas Redesigned
:siren:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

VisAbsoluta posted:

Does mods that make stimpaks heal over time in non-hardcore work without loving the game up? Like this one, for instance: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39606

As far as I know it should work fine. All that's really required is changing an attribute on stimpaks, nothing fancy needed beyond that.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Ok, a couple of issues I'm having, just need to know how I go about finding out what's wrong. I get the big red texture missing box on a cork board outside the Nash Residence and Lt. Hayes tent area. I had a big red box for the gauss pistol from the Classic weapons mod, and fixed it to show, but ever since it doesn't fire projectiles at all, it fires but does nothing.

Any idea where I need to start looking/anyone have either of these problems before?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Dissolusion posted:

Ok, a couple of issues I'm having, just need to know how I go about finding out what's wrong. I get the big red texture missing box on a cork board outside the Nash Residence and Lt. Hayes tent area. I had a big red box for the gauss pistol from the Classic weapons mod, and fixed it to show, but ever since it doesn't fire projectiles at all, it fires but does nothing.

Any idea where I need to start looking/anyone have either of these problems before?

The cork boards are usually where bounties are posted in New Vegas Bounties II, and I recall at least one of those locations having a poster. Maybe you didn't get the loose files for NVB2?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Was surprised to find out that Requiem for the Captial Wasteland companions don't count toward the party limit. Not going to complain at all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone have any good settings for PN that will keep the game challenging without letting you turn into a walking God yet at the same time not make the game crippling-gently caress-you-hard?

I went with the default settings in PN for the most part and at level 30 I'm basically just dumping points on skills I don't care for since I have 90-100 on almost everything. And thanks to The Armory, I have more money than Mr. House since a lot of the weapons you find tend to sell for quite a bit. So I'm thinking of cutting this playthrough short and rush to the ending (going with NCR) and then starting a new run that will only allow me to focus on one style of playthrough.

Also, is there a way to begin at a higher level? While I do appreciate the intro and early stuff, being terrible at everything for the first 1/3 of the game is more of a slog than a challenge.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anyone have any good settings for PN that will keep the game challenging without letting you turn into a walking God yet at the same time not make the game crippling-gently caress-you-hard?

I went with the default settings in PN for the most part and at level 30 I'm basically just dumping points on skills I don't care for since I have 90-100 on almost everything. And thanks to The Armory, I have more money than Mr. House since a lot of the weapons you find tend to sell for quite a bit. So I'm thinking of cutting this playthrough short and rush to the ending (going with NCR) and then starting a new run that will only allow me to focus on one style of playthrough.

I'm in the same position, I just hit level 20 and I changed the exp to 66% so we'll see, but I do have the ammo spawn chance up to 75% or something similar because playing gun-lottery to try to use one that has an extra clip or two leftover isn't fun or immersive at all. I also turned on Health Scaling because... playing with 10 health at level 20 isn't good either.

Also to the guy with the companions picture above ^ is that retextured leather armour? It looks really high quality.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
As a note, the npc cosmetic change page, it specifically has how to resolve the very issue of mismatched heads.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Regarding the PN Rebalance Settings, there's this post by Cream-of-Plenty with some ideas.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Huh this is a fun one. My game now CTD whenever I enter Gomorrah and get asked to turn in my weapons but only if I go ahead and choose either of the two turn-in options while carrying the Q-35 (unique plasma). :wtc:

If I drop it outside and go in the checkup goes fine. But trying to walk in with the Q-35 = crash. My load order if it helps any

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
The.Armory.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
Desert Armor.esp
epock.esp
NEVECbodysuit.esp
Project Nevada - Desert Armor Patch.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
The.Armory.Stalker.Pack.esp
Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
CourierHideout.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What's epock.esp?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

For anyone who missed it, WMX has been updated with a compatibility patch for Old World Blues.

The new mods include Anti-Gravity Woofers (-7 weight) for the K9000 and Extra Bulbs (+100% CND) for the LAER.

FIDO can be equipped with all the K9000 mods, meaning it's actually superior to a modded K9000 once again. Christine's rifle and both Elijah's LAER and Tesla Cannon are fully moddable and have new unique textures as well. The sniper rifle no longer has a silencer by default, though.

Another nice feature is that the LAER and Cyberdog gun mods now update the appearance of the weapons.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 1, 2011

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If I drop it outside and go in the checkup goes fine. But trying to walk in with the Q-35 = crash.

Try disabling the "Weapon Charge" option on Project Nevada's in-game menu and see if it works.

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent

VisAbsoluta posted:

Regarding the PN Rebalance Settings, there's this post by Cream-of-Plenty with some ideas.

I use these settings as well, along with turning the endurance multiplier back on, and it seems perfect to me.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Hey, there's lots more stuff you could do if you wanted to go nuts with it.

-Assassin's Creed style hidden blades (give them a big damage boost on sneak criticals!)
-Some kind of electrified brass-knuckles. Deals extra damage to robots.
-Flaming boxing gloves. They ignite people when you hit them.
-Rocket propelled gauntlets. Attacking with them sends you flying forward like sprinting in Project Nevada. They deal maximal damage if you've left enough room between you and your target to accelerate (a few meters or so).

-Cheapo disposable unarmed weapon, Quarter Roll (crafted from pre-war money)
-Unique chunkier variant called "Fistful of Denarii"

Zero Trust
Dec 29, 2009

"the car's on fire, and there's no driver at the wheel..."

Brace posted:

What's epock.esp?

Clearly a typo for spock.esp

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
epock.esp is a fairly decent, somewhat unrealistic armor, found here. (If you ignore the "tactical cleavage" option.)

Oh, and a heads up for anyone about to use New Vegas Restoration, it doesn't work with Requiem For A Capital Wasteland (the FO3 mashup mod).

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So question regarding the Armory: if I use the Armory Leveled List is there no central location to find all the guns?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Convicted Lovebot posted:

Oh, and a heads up for anyone about to use New Vegas Restoration, it doesn't work with Requiem For A Capital Wasteland (the FO3 mashup mod).

gently caress, I bet that's what was giving me issues. Thanks for the heads up.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

Falcon2001 posted:

So question regarding the Armory: if I use the Armory Leveled List is there no central location to find all the guns?

You still have the option to use the Cabinets esp file, which places all the weapons in two cabinets behind the Goodsprings Saloon.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is there any mod that adds weapon mod kits from WME to loot lists? I think I've visited a store that sells a WMK once, and that's it. Would be much better if it had a chance to spawn in footlockers/chests/on mercs and NCR/Legion troops.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
Oh and another update on Requiem -- apparently the game crashes if I have or exceed 9E (I think it's 158 in hex?) mods in my load order. Has this happened to anyone else?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Oh and another update on Requiem -- apparently the game crashes if I have or exceed 9E (I think it's 158 in hex?) mods in my load order. Has this happened to anyone else?

:stare: Why do you have 158 active mods? You should probably cut down on some, in which case.

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011

SourceElement posted:

:stare: Why do you have 158 active mods? You should probably cut down on some, in which case.

:saddowns: But I NEED my useless gloves mod!

Okay, I've cut down on a whole bunch of stuff, but the game keeps crashing around the same time, about 5 minutes after starting a new game and wandering around.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

gently caress, I bet that's what was giving me issues. Thanks for the heads up.

Charon Improved will also break the companion wheel storage option, and somehow removes the dialog option to view equipment. It's pretty popular for FO3, so if you're using that, watch out. DC Interiors seems to work fine, though.

The other improved faces mod that was posted a few pages back (the Macienzo ones or whatever) work fine.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Brace posted:

Is there any mod that adds weapon mod kits from WME to loot lists? I think I've visited a store that sells a WMK once, and that's it. Would be much better if it had a chance to spawn in footlockers/chests/on mercs and NCR/Legion troops.
I had this same problem and have been using Weapon Mod Recipes. It allows you to make all kits at a workbench and I've found that most of the necessary parts are either rare or weighted enough that it doesn't feel like cheating (though it might send your NV hoarding senses into overdrive).

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Horns posted:

I had this same problem and have been using Weapon Mod Recipes. It allows you to make all kits at a workbench and I've found that most of the necessary parts are either rare or weighted enough that it doesn't feel like cheating (though it might send your NV hoarding senses into overdrive).

I don't really craft either :saddowns:

Convicted Lovebot
Jan 29, 2011
Cut down on goddamn everything except for RFCW, and the thing still goddamn crashes.

gently caress this mod.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Horns posted:

This is great. If it works, it's just what I was thinking about when I first got into NV crafting/repairing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cut down on goddamn everything except for RFCW, and the thing still goddamn crashes.

gently caress this mod.

Yeah it's still got issues, it's why I'm not using it.

I mean I don't really blame the mod author - it's a pretty HUGE undertaking to try to port the entire game into an engine it wasn't built on and have it all work seamlessly. To really get good results you'd probably have to go in and manually edit everything in the game world that was built for FO3 and wasn't carried over to NV - imagine how much of a pain that would be. Even a simple job like replacing all the FO3 workbenches with NV ones, and making sure to implement working campfires and reloading benches would require editing dozens of different cells, plus a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of what exists in the game just to know where to look in the first place.

It's something that would be really happy if it was actually finished and 100% working, but until that point I'll just stick to playing FO3 in its own engine.

Unrelated: Naky, I've noticed that in the Armory there's a compatibility .esp for CaliberX, but it seems to be pretty out of date. Would you mind if I took a crack at it? I've already done a little quick and dirty patch for myself, but I've had a few ideas on how to implement it more seamlessly with all of the other Armory options (including whether or not to handle .45 ACP ammo through CaliberX or Honest Hearts, depending on whether or not the DLC is present).

CaliberX itself is a bit out of date, but it would be pretty easy to roll in the NV 1.3 patch changes to ammo into an Armory CaliberX mod alongside modifying weapons to use their proper calibers.