Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Marseille always gets the gaudiest poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

poty posted:

I loving love Marseille kits for how ridiculous they are. Would love to get my hands on one of their old argyle kits from a few years ago on the cheap.

The black one with the rasta stripes on it from last season was amazing as well.

generally I prefer fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 31, 2011

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Guitar_Hero posted:

I loving love Marseille kits for how ridiculous they are. Would love to get my hands on one of their old argyle kits from a few years ago on the cheap.

The black one with the rasta stripes on it from last season was amazing as well.

I've got the argyle one. It loving owns and I wear it at least once a month, and almost always get a compliment on it.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

poty posted:

ah yes, the "broken LCD screen" design, very in this year

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

poty posted:

this kit loving owns

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Has anyone had any experience with https://shootjerseys.com? They're super cheap and have a massive range, so I'm thinking of buying a few, but won't if they're notoriously rubbish or something.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

poty posted:

Think I just found my new keeper jersey.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

NinjaSteve posted:

Has anyone had any experience with https://shootjerseys.com? They're super cheap and have a massive range, so I'm thinking of buying a few, but won't if they're notoriously rubbish or something.

I've not heard anything about them but holy poo poo those prices are cheap.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Guitar_Hero posted:

I've not heard anything about them but holy poo poo those prices are cheap.

No loving kidding. And holy poo poo they only charge a buck extra each for a number and name. :wth:

I can order 5 whole kits (shirts and coordinated shorts) and some sweet shiny metallic-looking Adidas shin guards for $109 shipped.

Shipping is free if you buy 5 or more jerseys. Best I can tell this place is in China (according to WHOIS info), so shipping time will be a big question mark. They apparently ship via EMS.

http://www.shootjerseys.com/wholesale-jerseys.html

http://whois.domaintools.com/shootjerseys.com

Edit: Reading further into their pages, it sounds like they might make these jerseys themselves (according to their About Us page). I'm tempted to order one just to see what the quality is, but shipping is $30. For spending $50 on one, I'd be much more inclined to risk $100 for 5.

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 1, 2011

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Pvt. Public posted:

Edit: Reading further into their pages, it sounds like they might make these jerseys themselves (according to their About Us page). I'm tempted to order one just to see what the quality is, but shipping is $30. For spending $50 on one, I'd be much more inclined to risk $100 for 5.

They're obviously fakes. The price is about the same as what you pay a fat portuguese guy who set up shop from the trunk of his ford taurus outside of a gas station. I recall Soccer Triads got decent reviews around world cup time, if you really must pick up a decent quality scammy jersey on the cheap.

I'd also really not recommend buying shin pads off a dodgy Chinese knockoff site if you actually intend on playing and using them to survive things like tackles and the ball hitting them.

But gently caress it what do I know maybe you really do get indistinguishable fakes for $18.

partipo fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 1, 2011

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The about us section of shoot jerseys directly claims that they're in China and that the shirts are fake, but they seem like they might be decent quality, and the last lot of shirts I bought from soccer triads were actually pretty dodgy, so I think I'll give these guys a go. I want a shitload of their shirts though because they have so many that you can't find from any other bootleg stores, so hopefully it won't be a massive waste of money.
They also seem to sell knock-off boots, I wonder what the quality of those would be...

Edit: I'm willing to buy a knock-off version of a genuine shirt that I have, (would be the Australia home kit) if anyone would be interested in a side-by-side comparison of how they stack up to genuine shirts, but I won't do it if no-one cares. I'll be able to do a write up of comparison of shirts from these guys and soccer triads anyway, so I guess they don't have to be identical shirts to do that. Fairly sure I'll be buying some anyway.

Bogan Krkic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 2, 2011

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Yeah, do it. I'd easily buy some shirts off them for 5 a side, if they aren't awful of course.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I'd totally love to see a comparison if you do end up buying from them.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alrighty, I just ordered a whole lot of swag from those guys. I'm gonna get the Brazil thrid kit which shares the same layout as the Australia kit, so I'll do a comparison between those, and I have a Nike kit from Soccer Triads which I can compare also (Porto away). I was going to get the Marseille kit posted earlier to compare with an old Soccer Triads Marseille kit, but it sold out already :S
When they arrive I'll do a big post with all my kits from everywhere and let you all know how they are.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

You know what, if they could offer me a plain white shirt with a logo on for those prices I'd be tempted to 5 a side myself.

But I don't want a club fake for that.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Chelsea's third kit.

Looks pretty nice, I might get it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looks like he's crying with the black dots on the shirt. Suitable for getting knocked out in the Group stages.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

poty posted:

I want to hate this. But I can't. It owns.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Bovine Delight posted:

Looks like he's crying with the black dots on the shirt. Suitable for getting knocked out in the Group stages.

That's the training kit, the third kit is the white/yellow/black.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Pirlo doesn't look very pleased.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

euroboy posted:

To be fair Pirlo has always looked kind of like a robot.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Did Pirlo sign for Juve? I honestly thought he'd retired like two years ago. Did he play in the champions league this year?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hoops posted:

Did Pirlo sign for Juve? I honestly thought he'd retired like two years ago. Did he play in the champions league this year?

Yeah, he left on a free because Milan didn't want to pay his salary anymore. He didn't play in the CL this year (I think, if he did it was one or two games) because he was injured for most of the season. He did score a wonder goal against Parma in the league though :allears:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

euroboy posted:

tbf it is a pretty awful looking shirt.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
He looks like a middle aged divorcee whose friends have hired a stylist to dress him up to force him to get back in the game, and then reluctantly gone to a night club only to be abandoned on the dance floor.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Played by Steve Carell in the movie version

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Despite no official announcement, QPR's home and away strips are in the premier league official guide.
Page 39.
http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/4b/8a/0,,12306~166475,00.pdf

I love the home strip and like the away. Remains tp seen how they look for real, though.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Look at those massive Lotto logos

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'll show you something massive.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Xabi posted:

I'll show you something massive.

Is it Neil Ruddocks arse?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
No, Kenny's.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Have Lotto ever had a team in the Premier League? I struggle to think of any.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

poty posted:

This is awesome.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Does anyone have a picture of the Gijon jersey that was apparently so bad that the fans wouldn't buy it until the management changed it?

(Here's a link to the article about it, but it's in spanish obviously http://www.marca.com/2011/08/05/futbol/equipos/sporting/1312527981.html )

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Apparently it was deemed too white (racist)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That's loving terrible, I'm assuming "GIJON" isn't a sponsor but part of the design?

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Fag Boy Jim posted:

That's loving terrible, I'm assuming "GIJON" isn't a sponsor but part of the design?

The club name is Sporting Gijon.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

No, that's the sponsor, the Gijon city council.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

poty posted:

Apparently it was deemed too white (racist)

Thanks!

Ok that's pretty bad, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Your imagination must be pretty impressive.