Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
My new favourite is Walk The Room which I've only just heard about these last few pages.
I love the joy they take in saying the worst things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hey Lou? I'm grabbing every single one of your podcasts before I go on a roadtrip next week... but I can't download the September 17th, 2010 ep from iTunes.

quote:

"There was a problem downloading "Lou Reads: All About Marrying the Russian Girl of Your (Bad) Dreams"."

"The URL "http://media.blubrry.com/loureads/loureads.com/uploads/2010/09/..." could not be found on the server

I can't grab it from your website, either. I get 404'd.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Hey Lou? I'm grabbing every single one of your podcasts before I go on a roadtrip next week... but I can't download the September 17th, 2010 ep from iTunes.

Yeah, that's the only one I wasn't able to download, either. And I wish I could, I've loved the others and it looks awesome.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I kind of agree on DLM now. I used to love it, but Doug's strict adherence to THERE MUST BE A GAME NOW gets annoying, particularly if it spoils the flow of an episode (Which it sometimes does). A lot of the time it seems like Doug just can't wait to get to the game. The TJ Miller Vs The World episode was amazing because of how angry Doug gets that TJ keeps making GBS threads on the game. Honestly? It's not even that good a game.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

DrVenkman posted:

I kind of agree on DLM now. I used to love it, but Doug's strict adherence to THERE MUST BE A GAME NOW gets annoying, particularly if it spoils the flow of an episode (Which it sometimes does). A lot of the time it seems like Doug just can't wait to get to the game. The TJ Miller Vs The World episode was amazing because of how angry Doug gets that TJ keeps making GBS threads on the game. Honestly? It's not even that good a game.

Yeah, I don't listen to it anymore. There's now only about 15min of solid conversation with funny people between the opening segment and the always drawn-out game process. Too bad.

Also Earwolf feels really lame to me now. Just too...produced? Who Charted and Sklarbro Country are always good though.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I fixed the link. I don't know why it wasn't working but I think it was pointing to an outdated link for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Do the Sklars talk about things besides sports? I can tell that they're funny but I don't get any of the jokes. :(

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Ograbme posted:

Jordan and Jesse did their usual thing, but Seth is not a usual person.

This, pretty much. I think it's pretty obvious that Seth's personality just won't work outside of UYD.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Ograbme posted:

Do the Sklars talk about things besides sports? I can tell that they're funny but I don't get any of the jokes. :(

I dont know what youve listened to but give a few more episodes a shot. I dont follow any sports either and I enjoy most episodes and pretty much forget its a sports centered show.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I checked a bunch of random pages and I don't think this has been posted. Spill.com is a movie review site that has a real laid back style. They started off as The Reel Deel on public access in Austin, Tx, and eventually moved on to the site. They have full length audio reviews which are also cut down to shorter animated reviews (example here).

Apart from the reviews, they also have the 'A Couple of Cold Ones' podcast, which looks at the weekly box office and has some general discussion, the League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen, which has a lot of rotating members and focuses on comic books, sci fi, anime, and other nerdy topics, The Loading Bar, which is all about video games, and Let's Do This, the most popular podcast on the site, which is just a black man and a robot bullshitting for several hours (They've gone for 5 hours on at least one occasion, and they managed to keep it entertaining).

The site is fun since it's just some friends goofing around,and the more you listen the more you hear about all the crazy adventures these guys have gone through. If you want you can google '[Name of podcast] archive' and you should find pages with all the podcasts going back to 2008/2009.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So Aisha Tyler has a podcast now and her first episode is with Jon Benjamin telling the greatest diarrhea story ever.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Ograbme posted:

Listen to both of the Patton episodes. In the first, they explain the premise of Monday Night Jihad. In the second, Patton does a reading and it is incredible.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

CommunistMojo posted:

So Aisha Tyler has a podcast now and her first episode is with Jon Benjamin telling the greatest diarrhea story ever.

Whatever you do give no name or info, I'd hate to be able to listen to two awesome people and an awesome story!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

shotgunbadger posted:

Whatever you do give no name or info, I'd hate to be able to listen to two awesome people and an awesome story!

Enjoy: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/girl-on-guy-with-aisha-tyler/id452940855

edit: RSS too http://girlonguy.libsyn.com/rss

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
you are a monster

shotgunbadger posted:

Whatever you do keep typing a bunch of words on a message board about not being able to do stuff instead of typing 'aisha tyler podcast' in google and maybe click a couple times I dunno, I'd hate to make you happy!

For everyone else: Girl on Guy w/Aisha Tyler - iTunes

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 1, 2011

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Listening to the first episode of Rock Solid now. These guys have kinda disappointing musical taste. I think if they were ten years younger it might be a better podcast. I'll listen to the other eps though and see where it goes.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

DrVenkman posted:

Unfortunately, it is HIS show and HIS game that he wants to play. Maybe email him or hit him up on Twitter and ask him to change his entire show that a bunch of people come to see live and thousands more get on iTunes and see if he wants to switch it up for you.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
Yeah I like the game and if it was just Len Maltin Game Podcast Show I'd still have it.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I forgot to say not to forget the extra content I've been uploading to Tindeck. You can find links on the loureads site in the posts. There is only extra stuff on a few of the episodes but they are worth a listen, too.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Unfortunately, it is HIS show and HIS game that he wants to play. Maybe email him or hit him up on Twitter and ask him to change his entire show that a bunch of people come to see live and thousands more get on iTunes and see if he wants to switch it up for you.

Really? Are we really busting out the 'Well it's HIS show' for such a mild 'welp done with this podcast I think' critique?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Yeah, what's this about here, guy? I realise lots of people like the show, and I'm glad that Doug is doing well with it because he seems like a nice guy, I just said I wasn't interested any more because of the way the timeslot affects the guest interactions and the insistence on cramming a game in. I've got no intention of twittering the guy to say "HAY CHANGE UR SHOW" because that would be both pointless and rude.

Simmer down, man. We can like and dislike things without being sarcastic gits about it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Did I miss something, or was there no Judge John Hodgman last week?

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

He's just saying why he stopped liking it so much. Don't act so defensive.

Hell, I'm bored with it too. I have like 10 episodes of DLM piled up that I haven't listened to yet.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Marissa Wompler is 100% without a doubt my favorit CBB guest!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah this week's CBB definitely has Womp'ed it up...

The_Rob posted:

Shut up

...which was a reference to today's show. I assume that's why you're pissed.

I'm with the previous posters in this thread; some of the newer CBB seem...polished, for lack of a better word. With Earwolf partnering with Funny or Die, I was a little concerned it was a side-effect of the merger and the show was going to be less of a comedy podcast and more of an interview/actual plug show. Today's episode shows that the focus hasn't completely changed. The show's still great :)

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 1, 2011

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I'm up to date on Nerdist, CDR/CBB, almost DLM, and starting to work through Proops. Still got MBMBAM, UYD, Superego and Bill Burr to go. Along with selected others.

So far, I've liked them all.

Thank you thread.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
So, today's MBMBAM is amazing, I think it's even better then Spaghettedon to get folks hooked.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Thank you for the kind and not at all sarcastic retort. I'm not expecting HIM to change HIS show at all. He clearly has a formula that he sticks to. I stand by the assertion however that the flow of a show is ruined when he feels the need to jump right into the game. Hell, even the guests don't seem that into it a lot of the time. It's even more fun when we have to spend time going through the rules first, then the actual game itself appears as something of an afterthought.

I'm not saying Doug should change the show. But merely explaining why I don't get anything out of it anymore.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

plastered quack posted:

Yeah this week's CBB definitely has Womp'ed it up

Shut up

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

See, it's a callback.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
HENDERSOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Marissa Wompler is still the best female character on CBB; maybe the only good one even.

"I was busy with several pool parties!"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

frankenbeans posted:

I'm up to date on Nerdist, CDR/CBB, almost DLM, and starting to work through Proops. Still got MBMBAM, UYD, Superego and Bill Burr to go. Along with selected others.

So far, I've liked them all.

Thank you thread.

It's a listeners market for podcasts these days.

I've listened to consecutive multiple episodes of single shows like you're doing too. But I recommend with the Bill Burr podcast you don't do it that way. He rarely ever has guests and it's just him talking. I think you should use his show to occasionally break up the monotony of the others that you're listening to straight through.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Figured this would be an appropriate place to put this.

The Official Site
Facebook Page

AN APP WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ALL SMARTPHONES SOON

My cousin has been running a podcast with two of his buddies for a couple years or so and they have decided to do what they really always dreamed of, uncensored live radio. I wandered into this thread because I knew you goons might want to become part of the action and help us grow as a show! I do most of the technical jargon poo poo but the show is raw and absolutely ridiculous. The show is Live every Saturday night from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. EST. We do interviews, prank calls, games, and some stuff we are not too proud of. You can call into the show to win prizes, have some fun, voice your opinion on various issues, and so forth. Hope we get to hear from some of you guys because we mostly have no people calling in. But hey gently caress it...

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

To Battle posted:

Seth Rogan, Jim Norton and a very tan Adam Sandler started a podcast!

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
People get mad if you say anything negative about DLM. Seriously you can't say anything bad about it, it'll just set certain people off.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Strange Matter posted:

Marissa Wompler is still the best female character on CBB; maybe the only good one even.

I can't really remember any other female characters on the show, I'm sure there have been others but she's definitely the best.

However, I'm re-listening to all of the old CDR episodes and I'm up to episode 21 with Charelyne Yi, while she's not a character I was just now cracking up during her story with impressions of Joe Pesci and such.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Good One Robot is amazing :colbert:

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Overreacting! I overreacted! Sorry, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ElCondemn posted:

I can't really remember any other female characters on the show, I'm sure there have been others but she's definitely the best.

However, I'm re-listening to all of the old CDR episodes and I'm up to episode 21 with Charelyne Yi, while she's not a character I was just now cracking up during her story with impressions of Joe Pesci and such.

her song about the wolf was loving great.

Also Good One Robot is indeed the best CBB character.

• Locked thread