Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
These two ghosts remind me a bit of Zell and Cory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Goddamnit, stop linking to previous GC pages! I keep losing time making time better re-reading the chapters.

\/\/\/ When you're right, you're right.

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 27, 2011

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's not "losing" time. That's making time better.

Also: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=508

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 27, 2011

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Those are some really scary looking ghosts.

Bats Everywhere
Dec 25, 2010

My Little Pony
I used to wonder
What this shit could be
My Little Pony
Until you all shared
Its magic with me
Sure okay they look scary and tortured and spooky but they're probably just worried about having lost their keys and someone could find them and get into their house but then they died and turned into ghosts so now they're like totally freaking out about it.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

This chapter is called three stories, right? I like the implication that everyone else at the Court experiences as much wierdness as Annie and Kat.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I wonder if the next story is going to involve some weird paintings someone found in the library :v:

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
I really liked this story and conclusion. Way to go, Tom!

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
Interesting that John was originally going to be involved in a chapter, I've always suspected that him, Janet and Winsbury were sidelined after their appearances in the early chapters. I can't help but think that Janet was an early prototype for Parley, as the daughter of the headmaster it seems like she should have more significance.

I guess that Janet and Winsbury will be one of the other two chapters, at least.
I dunno who the other two characters are in there, one's the foreign girl that mort scared? What has that guy done?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The Spanish girl is Paz, she talks to animals. The other guy I can only assume is this fellow, who was with the group when they went to the power station. No ideas on his character.

cranky pomme
Dec 30, 2008

Ahh! Here he comes!
Does anyone have any idea if the book will be back in stock on TopatoCo? My little sister's birthday is coming up, and I think she'd absolutely love reading about Annie and Kat's adventures.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Ghosts hate unfinished business. That's why they're ghosts!

I'm enjoying this chapter a lot. Tom tells good ghost stories.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
hello Thread!

I just read the full run over the past day and a half. Really super enjoying it so far, it's gonna be a shock to the system to go down to three pages a week from 400 a day.

Here is a coyote wot I done. My brother and sister both read the comic and keep nagging me to read it so I did, but before that I made this as a Christmas gift for my brother at my sisters suggestion. He's a bit off model (some of it's the weird angle) but you can more or less tell what he's supposed to be, I could do a better job if I did a few revisions of the pattern, which I may have a go at so I have one for myself.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
This was such an :unsmith: conclusion to the story.

Also, that plush Coyote is adorable.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh my god that Coyote :3: I want one.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I was gonna say Gunnerkrigg court is at its best when it's small one-off stories about the school and the people in it, like the x-files.

But then I realized I like the main storyline stuff too.

....I don't have anything I dislike about this comic. :smith:

Nipponophile posted:

(no homo).

Please don't finish perfectly good sentences like this.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

Fatkraken posted:

hello Thread!

I just read the full run over the past day and a half. Really super enjoying it so far, it's gonna be a shock to the system to go down to three pages a week from 400 a day.

Here is a coyote wot I done. My brother and sister both read the comic and keep nagging me to read it so I did, but before that I made this as a Christmas gift for my brother at my sisters suggestion. He's a bit off model (some of it's the weird angle) but you can more or less tell what he's supposed to be, I could do a better job if I did a few revisions of the pattern, which I may have a go at so I have one for myself.

Oh my goodness, this is it. This is the most adorable thing ever. How big is it? It's so cute :3:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Wanna hug that Coyote.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Fatkraken posted:

I need this. Please make me one.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

dumb brunette posted:

Oh my goodness, this is it. This is the most adorable thing ever. How big is it? It's so cute :3:

I think he's about a foot long, little more with the tail. His legs are all jointed.

Once I have some free time I probably will do a version two with slightly fixed proportions. Wouldn't feel right selling them without permission from Tom though. If people are really that interested, I can ask him if it would be OK.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Would you be willing to share the pattern, for any needle enthusiasts in the thread? He looks a little more complicated than I've made before, but I can't think of a better excuse for a challenge. :3:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Kismet posted:

Would you be willing to share the pattern, for any needle enthusiasts in the thread? He looks a little more complicated than I've made before, but I can't think of a better excuse for a challenge. :3:

Sure, if I can even FIND the thing, assuming I even kept it. He's not super complex TBH, other than the large colour patched on the body most of the markings are just surface detail attached with a very fine whipstitch (the fleece's natural fluffiness hides the stitches). Other than that there's a gusset in the head, but he's mostly just two identical sides sewn together.

I'll have a poke around my pattern folders over the next few days and see what turns up.

EDIT: I've had a dig, and it doesn't look like I kept the original pattern. Have no fear though, I'm pretty much resolved to make a version 2 at this stage. Now that I've read the comic I have a much better feel for Coyotes character, and with it I can see a lot more about the original plush that doesn't really work. V2 should be more on-model and better capture the character. I won't be able to work on it for a few weeks, but once I have him done I'd be happy to share the pattern with instructions, and if Tom Siddell is OK with it I can think about making a few to sell on here.

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 31, 2011

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

It's a great plush, and by all means share the pattern you made, but I would prefer if you did not sell them.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

To even things out, allow me to point out to everyone reading this thread that the official Gunnerkrigg merch is also rad as all hell.

Sadly lacking in any kind of Mort presence, though. :iiam:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Tea-san posted:

It's a great plush, and by all means share the pattern you made, but I would prefer if you did not sell them.

No worries at all, as I said I'd never do anything like that without permission. Glad you like him!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Annie totally got a tin ear

Sings two notes and crows are like "Knock it off"

Dude from maintenance shows up with a can of oil looking for the squeaky hinge

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Ysengrin all tearin' off his other ear

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The part of "The Audience" will be played tonight by its understudy, Matt.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So here's to hoping that Annie and Jack will be holding hands by the end of the chapter

(They won't be)

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature
This chapter is highly adorable.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
loving ghost clowns, man. :stare:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Requisite link to improve hours of your time.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Nobody likes clowns.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kismet posted:

Requisite link to improve hours of your time.

To translate:
"What lovely eyes you have, Paz. Give them to me?"

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
What monster clown? I just see a regular old clown. You trying to tell me that a clown wanting to take your eyes isn't normal?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
The best part about that comic is not the clown, wonderful though that is. It is the ridiculously filthy saw. Look at that thing.

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax

idonotlikepeas posted:

The best part about that comic is not the clown, wonderful though that is. It is the ridiculously filthy saw. Look at that thing.

A saw isn't even a practical way of getting eyeballs out of a schoolgirl head. A grapefruit spoon works best if you're concerned with speed over efficiency, or a self centring punch to crack the orbital socket, then a screwdriver to widen it and gravity should do the rest. Just remember to bring a sharp thing (I usually find hairdressing scissors to be a miracle in this situation) to cut the optic nerve and retinal vessels. Honestly, Siddell, I get that you want to perpetuate the tired "creepy" stereotypes about us clowns, but could you at least admit we're not ALL bumbling incompetents?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

For anybody who missed it on Twitter, Tom is back on Formspring, and it seems to be running on marginally less insanity for the time being. Reynard body-swapping questions are still verboten, as are attempts to wring out plot spoilers.

I found this question and response pretty interesting:

quote:

This isn't just a complement, but you draw really well, you write a good story and you're very dedicated to your work. Do you think you could start one of those Kickstarter things to get a years income so you can do this full time?

I've thought about doing that, but I'm not sure if people would look too kindly on something like that. It might seem a little tacky if I didn't have a proper project behind it.

First of all, I've seen tacky projects on Kickstarter and oh boy this would not even come close. But beyond that, it's an interesting idea. I wonder if there's a way Tom could use the 'rewards' element of Kickstarter to set up the equivalent of a very well paying run of sales and commissions and achieve the same result. I know I wouldn't mind paying well over the odds for - say - a badge and a thank you note, if the goal was helping to launch Gunnerkrigg to the next level.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I am totally getting the vibe that Lindsey is aware the kids sneak out every now and then and she's totally ok with it, just as long as Bud comes along to make sure they're not doing anything dangerous or stupid.
Bud just loves sneaking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Also a fun formspring response:

Tom posted:

I probably shouldn't even admit this, but I even have a kickass idea for a videogame comic.
I am for this idea.